• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Part 1 Comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are pleased to announce the first batch of bug fixes and miscellaneous changes that are part of Publish 92 will be released on TC1 today at approximately 3pm ET. We encourage everyone to head on over to TC1 and check out the changes. This is only the first release, and in the coming weeks we also plan to release additional miscellaneous changes and bug fixes, additional furniture facings to King’s Collection, as well as our upcoming quest content, A Valley of One. Please read over the notes and feel free to email us with any feedback. See you in Britannia, […]

Continue reading...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Some nice changes going. Nice to see that the balance fix was reverted for consecrate weapon.
One small question regarding this:
  • Mob AI re-targeting will no longer deal damage when target is selected.
I have seen boss mobs re-target to a player that had honoured herself and the honour effect was still going on. Was this also fixed?
This seemed to happen fairly often with Lady Melisande, which very often made the start of the fight very messy. :p

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Finally, Apples won't fail, the extra duration on apples sounds fair, but the min/max range needs to be much shorter imo, maybe 30-40seconds instead of 10-60.
Base
  • Enchanted Apples will now always remove curses on use and no longer have a chance to fail. Cooldown for Apples will range from 10 seconds to 60 seconds based on the number of curses being removed and their strength. This change requires further feedback.
Based on that, I assume it means you should be using your apple as often as possible to ensure it stays at a 10 second cooldown. It shouldn't be like that imo.

I vote for 30 second cooldown (as it is currently live) with the new no fail chance.
on a side note, I would also like to see Spellplague regarding Enchanted apples be fixed as well, I realize there is going to be more part(s) to this publish.

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 seconds sounds fair to me, if a mage can constanly curse I should be able to constantly defuff it and goes the same with mortals
btw Curse is one of the most over powered low level spells in the game. Def needs some attention

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too bad this isn't coming to real shards for another month and a half. The swing timer reset and lack of whirlwind bonus damage are dealbreakers for me. And I think 20 minutes is still far too long of a cooldown for War Cry.

Would be nice if we could get bug fixes/balance changes separately from large publishes but I get why not, what with all the dial-up internet limitations and... Wait a minute...

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is one of the best updates in a while. It's clear that the developers are monitoring our feedback and seem to incorporate changes that are discussed frequently on Stratics.

One comment:
Bushido Mastery Warcry cooldown has been reduced to 20 minutes from 1 hour.

IMHO, this is a move in the right direction but still a bit long.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Finally, Apples won't fail, the extra duration on apples sounds fair, but the min/max range needs to be much shorter imo, maybe 30-40seconds instead of 10-60.
Base
  • Enchanted Apples will now always remove curses on use and no longer have a chance to fail. Cooldown for Apples will range from 10 seconds to 60 seconds based on the number of curses being removed and their strength. This change requires further feedback.
Based on that, I assume it means you should be using your apple as often as possible to ensure it stays at a 10 second cooldown. It shouldn't be like that imo.

I vote for 30 second cooldown (as it is currently live) with the new no fail chance.
on a side note, I would also like to see Spellplague regarding Enchanted apples be fixed as well, I realize there is going to be more part(s) to this publish.
I agree with you on a lot of things, but I do disagree here. No fail apples are a no brainer, and I'm glad they've finally changed it back. My main issue with apples is mortal spams, and if removing a mortal under this new system incurs a 10 second apple timer (assuming that is the only debuff the apple is removing), I'm all for that. A 30 second timer (even without failing) is too long if a mortal attack is the only thing you're removing. I do agree with you that a range of 10-60 seconds is too long, and 10-30/40 seconds is most likely more appropriate.

The only way I could concede to a static apple timer of 30 is if the diminishing returns/spamability of mortal attack is handled.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool downs on masteries should be a few minutes (2-5 mins). You want people to remain interested in them, right?
Depends. Whispering for taming? That cooldown is fine; the benefits of it (example: When I grabbed a greater for my tamer on Atl using my xfer'd LS tamer, I had fully trained it in the span of a few hours with level 3 whispering/110+ taming) necessitate the wait. Same with Magery's Ethereal Burst; although situations where I would use it don't happen very often, an instant 100% mana refill shouldn't be able to be used freely. War cry's 1 hour? Yeah, needed to be reduced.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends. Whispering for taming? That cooldown is fine; the benefits of it (example: When I grabbed a greater for my tamer on Atl using my xfer'd LS tamer, I had fully trained it in the span of a few hours with level 3 whispering/110+ taming) necessitate the wait. Same with Magery's Ethereal Burst; although situations where I would use it don't happen very often, an instant 100% mana refill shouldn't be able to be used freely. War cry's 1 hour? Yeah, needed to be reduced.
Okay, a few of the timers might be reasonable. But 20 mins, even reduced from the absurd hour, for War Cry? An ~7-second buff? That's silly. Not everyone wants to sit on one character to run down timers.

These abilities are skill based, many taking multiple skills at high levels to be (the most) effective. Lets not place onerous restrictions on all of them. Cap damages in pvp, or reduce the effectiveness of LMC so they come at a cost.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of good fixes/tweaks in there. Looks like double Skeletal Dragons is going to be usable, but it's a shame they couldn't fix the actual flagging issue with them casting Wither/Poison Strike, rather than just removing Wither/Poison Strike from their spell repertoire. Would love to see pets gain the ability to AoE once more (WWs used to cast Mass Curse).

Wow, they're adding Fey Slayer to imbuing, good thing i saved up all those Fey Wings. Although that means a lot of Fey Slayer Artifacts (like the Defiler of Virtue) are going to lose their value/use. I see 100% Fire Fey Slayer Double Axes being all the rage to sell for awhile.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For War Cry, just how much damage reduction does it provide at maximum levels?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with you on a lot of things, but I do disagree here. No fail apples are a no brainer, and I'm glad they've finally changed it back. My main issue with apples is mortal spams, and if removing a mortal under this new system incurs a 10 second apple timer (assuming that is the only debuff the apple is removing), I'm all for that. A 30 second timer (even without failing) is too long if a mortal attack is the only thing you're removing. I do agree with you that a range of 10-60 seconds is too long, and 10-30/40 seconds is most likely more appropriate.

The only way I could concede to a static apple timer of 30 is if the diminishing returns/spamability of mortal attack is handled.
Right, but mortal should probably be looked at a little as it is, apples should just stay at 30 seconds, and the mortal timer should be Halved, then the diminishing returns after the first mortal application should be cut by 50% per additional mortal. set it to 4-2-1-.5 if mortals are used within 5-10 seconds of the previous one.

Just think of how useless necro-mages would be if you could apple with a shorter cooldown than the duration of strangle.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks for being the man, @Bleak.

I still want the beer stien.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Tiles on pets... who knew?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PLS PLS PLS PLS @Bleak PLS make POF stack able, We've been asking for this for Years!!! :)
Powder of Frotification can have different levels of charges. Have they ever made items with a variable sub-property stackable?

An easier solution could be if you target a Powder of Fortification onto another they combine into one.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is there some reason they can't just post the content here? (Click on the link to get details...then click on another link!?) Gimme a break...:coco::rant2::rolleyes:

Housing Updates
  • Players can no longer customize their houses while the warehouse is down which will prevent lost housing changes due to server maintenance.
  • OSI Houses will no longer refresh when previous house owner reactivates their account.
  • Players are no longer able to place multiple houses using the resize region and multiple characters.
Vendor Search Updates
  • Players can now search for Antique/Non Antique Items. Known Issue: EC requires client patch, this patch will be released in a future update.
  • Corrected issue where if an an item still shows up in search results but does not exist it would not be removed from the database after a few minutes.
Miscellaneous Updates
  • Auction Safe bidders will now receive a map (function like vendor search maps) when placing a successful bid. These maps only allow teleportation to the auction safe and will expire 3 days after the auction.
  • Mob AI re-targeting will no longer deal damage when target is selected.
  • Added Fey Slayer to imbuing. Known Issue Fey Wings text missing from ingredients, this will be resolved in a future client patch.
  • Harpsichord rolls no longer spawn in a player’s backpack and will now spawn inside corpses.
  • Trial Accounts can no login join VvV and will be removed on login.
Combat Balance Update
  • Based on feedback we have reverted the following change : Ninjitsu, Chivalry, and Bushido spells that are beneficial with a default cast time less than or equal to 1 second will reset swing timer.
  • After reevaluating which spammable spells have a greater impact on damage output the following spells with now reset swing timer on use Animal Form, Cleanse By Fire, Confidence, and Evasion.
  • Previously special move Riding Swipe debuff would require the effected target to be at full health when attempting to remount/fly. The Riding Swipe debuff now is removed once the affected target is at full health.
  • Bushido Mastery Warcry cooldown has been reduced to 20 minutes from 1 hour.
Shadowguard Update
  • The Fountain Encounter water elemental spawns are now capped at 30. While 30 water elementals exist the next elemental wave will have a chance to spawn a hurricane elemental.
Bug Fixes
  • Chivalry Mastery Holy Fist can be interrupted while casting and damage is now capped at 35 in Player versus Player.
  • The Runic Atlas now consumes charges when using the “Recall (Charge)” option.
  • Runic Atlas location name colors have been updated to be more visible.
  • Curse now applies the resistance debuff when clumsy, weaken, and feeblemind are present.
  • Mass Curse/Curse debuff tooltips now provide more accurate information when the debuff is applied.
  • Resolved issue which prevented Champion spawns from properly starting.
  • IDOC house Grubbers are now attackable in guarded areas.
  • Spellweaving Mastery Summon Reaper will no longer unequip non spell channeling items when cast.
  • Updated classic client webpage links.
  • Grass and snow tiles can no longer be placed onto pets.
  • Resolved issue where Bushido Mastery Anticipate Hit when combined with specific enemy spells would result in negative hit point regeneration.
  • Corrected flagging issues related to Parry Mastery Bodyguard.
  • Necromancy Mastery Command Undead pets no longer cast spells which cause flagging issues.
  • Fixed server crash.
  • Special move Whirlwind once again applies bonus damage to non primary targets.
  • Fixed stackable items that are erroneously being flagged as duped items.
  • Antique items can no longer be powder of fortified to reach very high durability.

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Powder of Frotification can have different levels of charges. Have they ever made items with a variable sub-property stackable?

An easier solution could be if you target a Powder of Fortification onto another they combine into one.
Yknow I thought that was already in the game.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Modifying this post as I talk with players throughout the thread

+1 for Apples Never failing to remove all debuffs.

BRING BACK TIMER BETWEEN BEING ABLE TO APPLY MORTAL
Used to be 6 seconds, not sure when or why this was ever changed. All of my notes below on mortal are based around the 6s timer between being able to reapply a mortal.

Mortal (+0s)
If Mortal removal only applies a 10s timer Before apple resets. The ideal way to combat it would be to remove every other mortal. This buys you a full 6 seconds for a bandage/heals before the next mortal is applied. otherwise you are trying to squeeze in a heal in a 2-4s window appling as fast as possible *Cough* scripts *Cough*
Mortal (0s Duration)
Apple (6s no Mortal)
Mortal (6s Duration)
Mortal (0s Duration)
Apple (6s no Mortal)
Mortal (6s Duration)
Mortal (0s Duration)
Apple (6s no Mortal)

30 Seconds Total
Time Spent Mortalled (12s)
Time Spent Not Mortalled (18s)

The Next Round of Mortals would be flipped though being 18s mortalled and 12s not mortalled. Averaging out to 50/50 Time spent mortalled and time spent not.

As opposed to the current setup

Mortal (0s Duration)
Target Eats Apple (6s of not being mortalled)
mortal (6s)
Mortal (6s)
Mortal (6s)
Mortal (6s)

30 Seconds Total
Time Spent Mortalled 24s
Time Spent Not Mortalled 6s

*Cap on apples should be kept at 45s so strangle can be fully utilized.

After Talking with players in the Thread, the timer for only removing curse should be brought up to where it is now at 30s. Give a small bonus if they apply the lesser debuffs to give them options to extend the timer.

Weaken +2s
Feeblemind +2s
Clumsy + 2s
Curse +20s

*Edited
After Being Corrected on the Timer for Strangle I think that Straight necros should be able to hit 45s without needing spells from another class Especially since strangle requires more skill invested than the other curses. Strangle needs a +25s (35s Total for only Strangle). Extending the duration to the full extent of a spammable spell wouldn't be balanced though.

Strangle +25s
Bload Oath +0s
Mind Rot +5s
Corpse Skin +10s

This Would allow necro mages (Who Should be the kings of debuffing) To hit 45s Timer on apples by casting Strangle, Mindrot, and corpse Skin.

Spell Plague + 3s
Its spammable, it does damage, and the duration of the spell is only 8s to begin with.

Sleep +3s

Both of those would allow a mystic mage to hit +42s Duration with all mini curses, spell plague, and a curse.

I think those changes would also help breath some life into the other classes again as well. Most players are just going PURE mage for the Damage Boost.

A lot to read, but That's where I've come after some consideration

Add 6s timer between being able to apply mortal
Cap apple timer at 45s
Pure Mage - 36s Max Duration
Necro Mage - 45s
Mystic Mage - 42s

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yknow I thought that was already in the game.
The answer is yes to both of you...

They made dyes and runic smithing tools "stackable" by double clicking clicking one and targeting another. While there is a maximum number of allowed charges, items of various charges can be combined.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The answer is yes to both of you...

They made dyes and runic smithing tools "stackable" by double clicking clicking one and targeting another. While there is a maximum number of allowed charges, items of various charges can be combined.
I'd be happy if I could combine them to a 100 charge bottle.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone want to make a bet that when they "fix" Housing they screw something else up?

Also I see there is no fix for the transfer bugs... Guess we will have to deal with duped sphinxs being vendorable and my potted plants not being vendorable.

Other than those two things, there are some good updates. Hopefully they actually work, and hopefully they do this is on a reasonable time schedule. Wouldnt surprise me if they released this around christmas.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yes the plant dyes you craft stack until you use some of one then it splits off the stack. No reason POF can't do the same, bottles of 10 stack if you use one and it has 9 charges left it stays single but leaves rest of 'whole' bottles in the stack

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Grass and snow tiles can no longer be placed onto pets.

what does that mean? Hope I can still put piles of tiles into my beetles backpack.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love the fey slayer change!
Yep. I made a 100% Fire Double Axe with Fey Slayer/50% HFA/81% HML/50% HSL/50% DI on Test Center, and used it on my Whammy/Sampire to annihilate the Oaks Spawn in Ilsh. Corpse Skin+Onslaught (-35 Fire Resist total) followed by Double Strikes tore through all the tougher Paragons, as well as Silvani and Oaks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Grass and snow tiles can no longer be placed onto pets.

what does that mean? Hope I can still put piles of tiles into my beetles backpack.
No you won't be able to ...... you have to have them in your pack only.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes - Natural Dyes - after you unstack it to use it and it has less charges than the max it cannot restack.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Natural dyes isn't what I was talking about, those don't combine to "stack."

ToT dyes and the sad apology dyes will combine together into one bottle.

They could easily do the same with PoF.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1 for Apples Never failing to remove all debuffs. Put the Cap where it is now though at 30s. Minimum of 10s sounds fine, This will help combat the mortal spamming.

Mortal (+0s)
If Mortal removal only applies a 10s timer Before apple resets. The ideal way to combat it would be to remove every other mortal. This buys you a full 6 seconds for a bandage/heals before the next mortal is applied. otherwise you are trying to squeeze in a heal in a 2-4s window appling as fast as possible *Cough* scripts *Cough*
Mortal (0s Duration)
Apple (6s no Mortal)
Mortal (6s Duration)
Mortal (0s Duration)
Apple (6s no Mortal)
Mortal (6s Duration)
Mortal (0s Duration)
Apple (6s no Mortal)

30 Seconds Total
Time Spent Mortalled (12s)
Time Spent Not Mortalled (18s)

The Next Round of Mortals would be flipped though being 18s mortalled and 12s not mortalled. Averaging out to 50/50 Time spent mortalled and time spent not.

As opposed to the current setup

Mortal (0s Duration)
Target Eats Apple (6s of not being mortalled)
mortal (6s)
Mortal (6s)
Mortal (6s)
Mortal (6s)

30 Seconds Total
Time Spent Mortalled 24s
Time Spent Not Mortalled 6s

Seems like a good step in the right direction to me. Balancing out mage curses will be Much Harder though. The Mini Curses Should increase duration by 1s Each, +7s For Curse, this would allow mages 20s Duration with all debuffs To reapply Curse and Work into a dump. Or 17s if only the curse is removed.
Weaken +1s
Feeblemind +1s
Clumsy + 1s
Curse +7s

Strangle needs a +7s (17s Total for only Strangle) The Majority of Damage Happens at the end of the spell 15-20s. This requires at least one more Spell To be applied like Curse, Mind Rot, Corpse Skin, or the 3 lesser Curses (Feeble,Clumsy,Weaken) in order to get the Full Potential out of the next applied Strangle.

Strangle +7s
Bload Oath +0s
Mind Rot +3s
Corpse Skin +3s

This Would allow necro mages (Who Should be the kings of debuffing) To hit 30s Timer on apples by applying Curse, Strangle, and a combination of the lesser debuffs and or Mindrot/corpse Skin.

Spell Plague + 3s
Its spammable, it does damage, and the duration of the spell is only 8s to begin with.

Sleep +3s

Both of those would allow a mystic mage to hit +26s Duration with all mini curses, spell plague, and a curse.

I think those changes would also help breath some life into the other classes again as well. Most players are just going PURE mage for the Damage Boost.

A lot to read, but That's where I would start.

Pure Mage - 20s Max Duration
Necro Mage - 30s
Mystic Mage - 26s
Strangle is back end loaded and takes 44 seconds. A necromancer would never be able to utilize that spell with a 30 second timer.

DJ Diddles

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix Is Holy Fist ignoring Evil Omen really intentional (it doesn't even proc the omen)? How is comboing a spell that no chivalry user should have not allowed? If things like Armor Ignore and Death Strike can be omened, there is absolutely no reason for Holy Fist to ignore it.

Could we please have holy fist deal the current live damage to pets in PvP? A 35 damage cap on VvV pets (or any pet in general) makes them virtually unkillable compared to the ~2 casts it takes now.

The current apple durations could use some tweaking. 120 Mage/120 Eval Curse being on a 12 second timer is incredibly too short. I think a 20 second minimum is necessary.

Last edited:

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At present, only 3 virtues can be Invoked through the CC macro system - unlike the EC where all appear. Can we add the missing ones to the CC please?