• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Part 1 Comes to TC1

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
  • Spellweaving Mastery Summon Reaper will no longer unequip non spell channeling items when cast.
thanks for that devs...................

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the Hawkwind's Robe and other Eodon artifacts be fixed so they can be repaired and powdered?
If there not powerable they need to increase the artifact drop in Shadowguard if there not gonna be powderable. A whole round from start to boss kill takes 1-2 hrs, roughly 1.5 hrs for me. I think the drop rate is somewhere below 25% from what I have seen (100+ or so runs I have done). Sometimes we have a party of 8 and get 0 drops.............. We need an even ground here make them repairable/powerable or increase the drop rate. The robes and Talisman should def be powderable since every other robe in the game is and the conjurers trinket doesn't even have durability

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the Hawkwind's Robe and other Eodon artifacts be fixed so they can be repaired and powdered?
@Kyronix said they would be during one of the meet and greets.

[BCOLOR=rgb(204, 205, 205)]11/2/15 Dev Meet And Greet On Chesapeake Transcript[/BCOLOR]

Cutthroat Fisher says: Good evening. Will the Hawkwind robe be fixed so we can powder, repair, and alter them?
Mesanna says: hello Cutthroat
Kyronix says: Repair and Powder, but not alter
Cutthroat Fisher says: okay, thank you for clarifying
Cutthroat Fisher says: good night

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix said they would be during one of the meet and greets. Let's see.....
at the dev meet and greet they said they are still fleshing out details on items from the shadowguard. They DO NOT want to make them powderable to force people into having to redo the content (that's what I got from there answers). The talismans are a deal breaker for me considering warriors take an absurd amount of damage and they will be used up in no time. Out of the 100+ runs I have done I have got 2 talismans, RNG for the win :rolleyes2:......
This is the reason I have not been back to shadowguard in 2 months the grind is to boring for something I will have to DO again when it runs out. I just rather keep using my conj garbs and trinkets....

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Based on feedback we have reverted the following change : Ninjitsu, Chivalry, and Bushido spells that are beneficial with a default cast time less than or equal to 1 second will reset swing timer.
This!!!! AAA+

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The thing with the King's Collection for me wasn't the way things faced. I didn't even realize that was a problem lol. With me it was the relatively small wall hangings that sit on the floor and when you raise them just a little they go through the ceiling. This shouldn't happen with items that are that small. I think something about the way they are coded or something makes them "wonky" (technical term). They should behave like a regular ship wreck portrait or whatever.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Strangle is back end loaded and takes 44 seconds. A necromancer would never be able to utilize that spell with a 30 second timer.
Ah, was going off UoGuide. I still don't think the apple timer should exceed 30s, not with how Powerful Mage curse is.

Edited my original timers on strangle, don't think that it should extend to the full duration of the spell since it is spammable and can be reapplied the second the player apples.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
at the dev meet and greet they said they are still fleshing out details on items from the shadowguard. They DO NOT want to make them powderable to force people into having to redo the content (that's what I got from there answers). The talismans are a deal breaker for me considering warriors take an absurd amount of damage and they will be used up in no time. Out of the 100+ runs I have done I have got 2 talismans, RNG for the win :rolleyes2:......
This is the reason I have not been back to shadowguard in 2 months the grind is to boring for something I will have to DO again when it runs out. I just rather keep using my conj garbs and trinkets....
Yeah, Shadowguard is simply NOT worth the time investment for most people. I've never gotten anything from the roof, and in the groups I've run it with only 1 person got something.

After having to go through the rooms EACH TIME, then kill 4 obnoxious bosses (having to start over should they manage to kill everyone) everyone actively participating should get drop, or earn a large number of points towards an artifact of their choice.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, Shadowguard is simply NOT worth the time investment for most people. I've never gotten anything from the roof, and in the groups I've run it with only 1 person got something.

After having to go through the rooms EACH TIME, then kill 4 obnoxious bosses (having to start over should they manage to kill everyone) everyone actively participating should get drop, or earn a large number of points towards an artifact of their choice.

I just go along to heal the dragons, cause there is no way I can outdamage them....

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
One more thing. Can you make the duration of divine storm refreshable? Its really annoying having to wait til the effect ends and then recasting it. I really dont know why it was designed this way.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
One more thing. Can you make the duration of divine storm refreshable? Its really annoying having to wait til the effect ends and then recasting it. I really dont know why it was designed this way.
You mean divine fury? I'm assuming it was done that way so you couldn't just spam cast it without having to time your buff abilities.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix
Yes divine fury, sorry my fault. Well no other chivalry spells (eeo, cw) work that way and i can even refresh greater agility and str potions before the buff runs out

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Yes divine fury, sorry my fault. Well no other chivalry spells (eeo, cw) work that way and i can even refresh greater agility and str potions before the buff runs out
Like I said, just an assumption - I wasn't on the team when it was originally implemented. I've added it to our list of items to discuss. Thanks for the feedback!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wish it wasn't a month or more out from being on live shards. :(
Don't rush them. The more time it takes, the more chance they'll beat the Quality Assurance guy into doing his job.

Imagine, a publish where most of it works well by the time it's released... *gets a blissful distant gaze in his eyes as he drifts away from reality.*

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't rush them. The more time it takes, the more chance they'll beat the Quality Assurance guy into doing his job.

Imagine, a publish where most of it works well by the time it's released... *gets a blissful distant gaze in his eyes as he drifts away from reality.*
OR they could just release fixes like that separately than major content patches like nearly every other MMO on the market

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
You mean divine fury? I'm assuming it was done that way so you couldn't just spam cast it without having to time your buff abilities.
That reminds me...

Is there a way you could make the governor trade deal buffs refresh-able so that you don't need to wait until it wears off before you can pick it up again? The buff doesn't display a countdown timer on it so you need to remember what time you picked it up on the previous day, if you could make it refresh-able that would be amazing.

It really sucks when it wears off in the middle of a fight, spawn, etc and you're stuck at 1-3/6 casting speed until you can unflag/crim w/e.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you won't be able to ...... you have to have them in your pack only.
well my character on atlantic will NOT be able to move if they revert to her pack, some of us don't have houses on Shards and use our beetles to move and store stuff. What on earth is the rational for this change? I have had tiles in the beetles pack for YEARS since they were put in game, up until a patch or so ago after TOL came in there was no problem at all. After they 'did something' the tiles started acting up, (once they made the house only stuff for stone craft) then if i went to take one out of my beetle the stack would jump to my pack and not go on a vendor unless i was inside the house with the vendor as opposed to standing on the lawn outside where the vendor could be accessed. Pain in the butt if this is the case and a major problem for those of us who use beetles for storage of these tiles.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

I did roof about 10 times and got a cameo, two spellbooks, an arti shield, and ozy's sword. Party members also got Ozy belt, hawkwind robe, jumu's sacred hide and minax sandals. Drop rate seems GREAT in comparison to anything else. 10 runs, 10 artifacts....seems pretty good to me. Sure beats killing 100+ Medusas just to get 1 slither....

I do agree that it is a lot of time invested. I wouldn't mind an increase spawn rate for armory in solo mode. Fountain is basically a two person requirement. Any more or less just makes life so difficult.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did roof about 10 times and got a cameo, two spellbooks, an arti shield, and ozy's sword. Party members also got Ozy belt, hawkwind robe, jumu's sacred hide and minax sandals. Drop rate seems GREAT in comparison to anything else. 10 runs, 10 artifacts....seems pretty good to me. Sure beats killing 100+ Medusas just to get 1 slither....

I do agree that it is a lot of time invested. I wouldn't mind an increase spawn rate for armory in solo mode. Fountain is basically a two person requirement. Any more or less just makes life so difficult.
4 runs 3 or 4 people each time ONE artifact.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well my character on atlantic will NOT be able to move if they revert to her pack, some of us don't have houses on Shards and use our beetles to move and store stuff. What on earth is the rational for this change? I have had tiles in the beetles pack for YEARS since they were put in game, up until a patch or so ago after TOL came in there was no problem at all. After they 'did something' the tiles started acting up, (once they made the house only stuff for stone craft) then if i went to take one out of my beetle the stack would jump to my pack and not go on a vendor unless i was inside the house with the vendor as opposed to standing on the lawn outside where the vendor could be accessed. Pain in the butt if this is the case and a major problem for those of us who use beetles for storage of these tiles.
How can these be such an issue to store? There is what 8 different tiles? 8 items in a bank box really cant break anyone!

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, was going off UoGuide. I still don't think the apple timer should exceed 30s, not with how Powerful Mage curse is.

Edited my original timers on strangle, don't think that it should extend to the full duration of the spell since it is spammable and can be reapplied the second the player apples.
Powerful? Mages HAVE to curse if they plan on killing someone. It's not as though dexers have to debuff whom ever they are attacking in order to do their normal damage.

The thing that needs to be addressed is how to make it so mortal is not the be all end all, while not having it so that curse can be removed every 12 seconds. It's already bad enough as it is at 30 seconds. If its just a mage with nothing fancy[i.e. not a necro or mystic] curse lasts 12 seconds, that's absurd.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can these be such an issue to store? There is what 8 different tiles? 8 items in a bank box really cant break anyone!
They are not a problem to store, it is more a hassle not being able to cart them in my beete. I do NOT have a house on atlantic, I run vendors there, my character's backpack/bank is normally FULL. For the past 2 yrs she has had about 6-800 tiles in 4 piles in her beetle, and gradually they are vended. Sure I can go stick em in the bank and run back and forward while getting the 'you are fatigued' message every time I try to move, or do what I have been doing, logging out behind my vendor an not having to move more than one tile to stock them when I log in.

It is just a hassle and I can't understand why they just cant 'fix' what it is they broke in the first place.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are not a problem to store, it is more a hassle not being able to cart them in my beete. I do NOT have a house on atlantic, I run vendors there, my character's backpack/bank is normally FULL. For the past 2 yrs she has had about 6-800 tiles in 4 piles in her beetle, and gradually they are vended. Sure I can go stick em in the bank and run back and forward while getting the 'you are fatigued' message every time I try to move, or do what I have been doing, logging out behind my vendor an not having to move more than one tile to stock them when I log in.

It is just a hassle and I can't understand why they just cant 'fix' what it is they broke in the first place.
Storing stuff in a pack animal has ended badly for many people over the years.
I don't know why they are changing it either but the change is just on test and you have time to sort out your stuff.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
One artifact out of 4 runs? Maybe I'm lucky cuz I just got another one tonight. Is it possible your party members aren't telling you when they got a junk artie? (like the shield or the ozy sword).

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One artifact out of 4 runs? Maybe I'm lucky cuz I just got another one tonight. Is it possible your party members aren't telling you when they got a junk artie? (like the shield or the ozy sword).
Nope because NO ONE but me got something ...... they won't go anymore and always tell me that it's a waste of time. I can't get anyone to do the roof with me anymore.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Storing stuff in a pack animal has ended badly for many people over the years.
I don't know why they are changing it either but the change is just on test and you have time to sort out your stuff.
Aye well when you don't have a house, storing on a beetle you have your characters butt on once the bank is full is really the only option. No way you can use a boat. Anyways, I guess it becomes a pain in the butt rather than them just fix it so I can cart grass and snow tiles in my bug :(.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aye well when you don't have a house, storing on a beetle you have your characters butt on once the bank is full is really the only option. No way you can use a boat. Anyways, I guess it becomes a pain in the butt rather than them just fix it so I can cart grass and snow tiles in my bug :(.
Ye can deed them and carry them on your person.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Powerful? Mages HAVE to curse if they plan on killing someone. It's not as though dexers have to debuff whom ever they are attacking in order to do their normal damage.
Yes, Powerful. Single spell that lowers all stats And increases incoming elemental damage by 33%. (from 70's resists to 60's) Can't be Resisted, no diminished returns, quick cast time, long duration even at 120 resist. Not saying its overpowered, just saying its powerful. It effects so much more than just magery spells too.

How many potential Combos should a mage be able to get off before having to reapply a curse from an apple. That's the question.

The thing that needs to be addressed is how to make it so mortal is not the be all end all, while not having it so that curse can be removed every 12 seconds. It's already bad enough as it is at 30 seconds. If its just a mage with nothing fancy[i.e. not a necro or mystic] curse lasts 12 seconds, that's absurd.
12 seconds?? Is that what it is now on test center? I mean, out at a spawn you could burn them through their apples fast, but at yew they are just going to run.

I was suggesting a starting point, i'd say lower bounds. They have to implement something, then players test and give feedback. Do you think only curse should extend the apple timer automatically to 30s? 2s per Lesser curse on top of that? about twice the time it takes to cast the lesser spells. as an extra cushion?

Would need to double the timers on necromancy and mysticism I put on the front page to fit with that change. Cap of 45s This would fit in with the strangle timer.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to not agree with difficulty.. Im an elder lady , not fast thinking or moving and never was the best hunter or even close. I can easily do Orchard Armory Bar and Fountain with the little go out and in "cheat" . Two people is more fun, and thoose rooms take us 40 min with a bard and a mystic. If I can do this it just cant be too hard! The Belfry we do after each roof so all have it done for next time. Sometimes I die alot sometimes not at all, but I had a drop half of the time. Some are worse than useless as they have no turn in pts. Some are awesome. And the whole thing is very entertaining. My guild does this twice every week with all sorts of characters and we use to get 1 to 3 drops every time. Between the hunts we help thoose who need assist with some room so all are ready to do the roof at the next hunt.
Only thing I find could be better is if we got a bit more pieces to build with for a solo player. You get kicked before enough pieces even spawn . And a little less for three people. Its hard to show a new member what to do there when the spawn create an inferno.
Btw hasanyone else noticed pets lose loyalty faster in all SG?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I guess I miss the requirement that you cart ALL of them back and forth to the vendor every time. Recall takes what?? 3 seconds?

Log on at the vendor, see how many you need to restock... recall to the bank, get them, and recall back. Stock the vendor, then log out.

I do agree that it would seem more logical to resolve what ever issue putting them on pets is creating, but this fix is certainly not that big of an issue.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix. When I use bandage self in CC client, if I press the button again I lose the bandage and start to apply another instead of waiting for the current bandage to be applied like in EC client. Can you fix this in CC client?
Thanks.
Sorry for my poor english :(

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ye can deed them and carry them on your person.
Sells better on vendor when not in deed form...from personal experience. It's been a pain in the rear for me too, no idea what the problem was, I rate this change right up there with the IDOC changes.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix. When I use bandage self in CC client, if I press the button again I lose the bandage and start to apply another instead of waiting for the current bandage to be applied like in EC client. Can you fix this in CC client?
It has been like this forever.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove the useless earrings from the roof drop table. Nothing like 5 people spending 2-3 hours doing all the rooms and the roof and getting 1 drop, the earrings. What a joke.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove the useless earrings from the roof drop table. Nothing like 5 people spending 2-3 hours doing all the rooms and the roof and getting 1 drop, the earrings. What a joke.
Put em in treasure chests...hell, put anything in treasure chests, they need a bump..Had a bump not long ago, but evidently either luck quit working or the tables reset.

And Tok and Malas chests don't even seem to be worth doing at all, from my experiences lately

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to recall when a runic atlas is inside a container in my house. Only when its in my backpack. This is on a character with magery. It casts the spell and nothing happens.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In well over 30 runs between Lake Superior and Atlantic, my best drops have been multiple Anon's Spellbooks, a Jumu's Sacred Hide, and Shanty's Waders. The guys I've done it with on LS have usually been the ones to get the drops.

Agreed - I've fought people without them using curse on me. It was a 3v1, and they all dropped like flies - had one of them used it I likely would've been the one to die. I would've felt bad for them, but they attacked/killed my beetle. :(

----------------------

IMO, the apple timer should stay as is (at 30 seconds) and just get a buff to remove EVERYTHING 100% of the time, with a 100% success chance.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In well over 30 runs between Lake Superior and Atlantic, my best drops have been multiple Anon's Spellbooks, a Jumu's Sacred Hide, and Shanty's Waders. The guys I've done it with on LS have usually been the ones to get the drops.
Well 3 runs NONE of us got a drop..... First run I got an Anons spellbook... and the next three runs NONE of us got ANYTHING. Which after that they won't go back up to the roof anymore and all tell me it's a waste of F'ing time and then I have to listen to 10 min of them telling me what a pile of stinking feces the new expansion is and how it's a good thing they didn't have to pay for it... Meanwhile I'd love to do the roof... I enjoy doing the rooms..... but I can't solo it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hawkwind robe is already repairable, i've no desire to make it POF-able also.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no point playing this game until this patch comes out, it's so bad atm, so buggy.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
The WORST bug in game and i'm surprise it's not fixed ASAP!,IS THE BUG WHERE IN EC,YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN STOP SWINGING!,and i have to open and close my paper doll,then i find my char like 5 tiles away from where i am suppose to be!happens alot in EC, and this is game breaking!@Kyronix can you guy's please look into this problem please!.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The WORST bug in game and i'm surprise it's not fixed ASAP!,IS THE BUG WHERE IN EC,YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN STOP SWINGING!,and i have to open and close my paper doll,then i find my char like 5 tiles away from where i am suppose to be!happens alot in EC, and this is game breaking!@Kyronix can you guy's please look into this problem please!.
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, we're going to need some additional details before we can begin to try and reproduce and solve the issue. We'll need information like, what shard are you on? What is your character name? What are you fighting? Where are you fighting? Are you using the default UI or a custom UI? Please email this information as well as any other details about the issue that you are having to [email protected] or you can submit a bug report directly through the EC. Thanks!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, we're going to need some additional details before we can begin to try and reproduce and solve the issue. We'll need information like, what shard are you on? What is your character name? What are you fighting? Where are you fighting? Are you using the default UI or a custom UI? Please email this information as well as any other details about the issue that you are having to [email protected] or you can submit a bug report directly through the EC. Thanks!
This is a desynchronization issue between where the client thinks you are and where the server thinks you are. Its a very old annoyance in the EC that effects more than just combat, but during combat is when it becomes the most frustratingly obvious.

Some people report it happening when they stop, usually to hide, and then suddenly jumping a tile or two ahead - which always unhides you. It happened to me a lot in the dark guardian room in Doom when there are lots of other mobiles (I'm sure the number of corpses factors in as well).

Opening your paperdoll will cause the EC to resynch your location.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
This is a desynchronization issue between where the client thinks you are and where the server thinks you are. Its a very old annoyance in the EC that effects more than just combat, but during combat is when it becomes the most frustratingly obvious.

Some people report it happening when they stop, usually to hide, and then suddenly jumping a tile or two ahead - which always unhides you. It happened to me a lot in the dark guardian room in Doom when there are lots of other mobiles (I'm sure the number of corpses factors in as well).

Opening your paperdoll will cause the EC to resynch your location.

I figured it was some kind of sync issue.

Opening and closing your paper doll will resync my location but its kinda hard for example im in the middle of fighting belfry then all of a sudden i have to open my paper doll cause i stopped swining,or when im in the middle of whildwinding like 20 mob's then id have to stop and do this,sometime's if i'm fast i can get away with it,but most time's i'm dead right after i get resynced :(.