• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to Origin and Izumo

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok just thought you might be testing the system, seems reward points were given also as someone has the Huntmaster's Champion Title as well.

Thanks for looking into it :)

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:
Stat power scrolls book"​

I don't see a box on Izumo, Origin or test center in both 2D and the enhanced.
the characters are years old.

Any suggestions?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:
Stat power scrolls book"​

I don't see a box on Izumo, Origin or test center in both 2D and the enhanced.
the characters are years old.

Any suggestions?
It will be activated when the publish goes world wide - to let all players have the same timeframe.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, holiday gifts activate 12/01/14 per the publish notes, they will NOT activate when they go WW on Thursday.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Please let's not make the Huntsman Quest a tamer-centric quest, as some seem to want, that requires any specific skill set to accomplish.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please let's not make the Huntsman Quest a tamer-centric quest, as some seem to want, that requires any specific skill set to accomplish.
They can give bonuses to many skills here, not make it tamer centric as you claim!

Animal lore can tell if it's big, tracking can track bigger animals, forensic can tell how big the corpse is and who killed it - its just a way to add depth into it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They can give bonuses to many skills here, not make it tamer centric as you claim!

Animal lore can tell if it's big, tracking can track bigger animals, forensic can tell how big the corpse is and who killed it - its just a way to add depth into it.
exactly!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i didnt hear anyone say anything about making it a tamer only thing.
right now all ya need is a sword and one hit to kill anything on the list, its crazy silly how easy all the kills are.
what we are saying is they should add some of the existing in game skills to this to increase your odds.

lets take Trick or Treating for example.
if you have begging you get a boost, which im sure you will agree makes sense.

so why not have the same thing with this quest and give a boost to people who have animal lore or tracking or forensics?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's only a grind if you feel the need to get the biggest one. I plan on killing one of each to have the Trophy's in my castle. If I get the biggest one, ok, if not that's ok too. I think the trophy's are enough for me and if they add more beasts later down the road, even better.
from reading i was under the impression that you could only get the animals stuffed if you won that month?
just from what the Huntsmaster says when you dd clock him thats what i gleamed from him.
says something like if you have the highest placed animal at the end of the month you win and you get a rewards. you can also have the animal stuffed like they are here in the hall.

so i assumed that to mean that you had to WIN that month to get the animal stuffed.

has anyone tried to stuff an animal that they killed?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
from reading i was under the impression that you could only get the animals stuffed if you won that month?
just from what the Huntsmaster says when you dd clock him thats what i gleamed from him.
says something like if you have the highest placed animal at the end of the month you win and you get a rewards. you can also have the animal stuffed like they are here in the hall.

so i assumed that to mean that you had to WIN that month to get the animal stuffed.

You can make a trophy out of any deed you have. It doesn't have to be the highest kill. Thing is you make a trophy out of the hunting permit itself, not the corpse of the animal.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can use a taxidermy kit on any filled hunting permit, it becomes a trophy.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Day 2 view of potted coffee plants.

The publish notes say the plants will grow each day on server up and will produce fruit once they reach their full growth state. Can't wait to see how they turn out!
Does this activate when the publish goes to all shards, or do we have to wait until the holiday gifts go active on 12/1 to have a chance at getting the plants?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A carpenter can buy a taxedemi kit and target the kill deed and make a trophy out of it. It will tell who killed it, the date and the weight of it.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually no it wont.
this is what it does;

you target the animal with kit and it makes an unusable tile and drops it on the ground and you cant pick it up or use it.

@Kyronix you owe me 100k for the kit and 5k for the permit :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You don't target the animal...you use the Hunting permit...not the corpse...I did say that didn't I? *looks up* Yeah...I said that. Silly Poo Bear :heart:

Interesting phenomena though you've created :O)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
actually no it wont.
this is what it does;

you target the animal with kit and it makes an unusable tile and drops it on the ground and you cant pick it up or use it.

@Kyronix you owe me 100k for the kit and 5k for the permit :)

Thank you for the report! This will be fixed before we go WW. Existing objects in this state will be deleted.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*goes back to trying to wreck stuff*

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there something specifically you are referring to? If you are having specific issues related to stability you should drop @Bleak a message. He's your go-to EC ninja :)
I'm referring to the constant crashing and client lockups in hostile areas also lag is horrendous at times, usually if I've got more than 3 or 4 containers open its like wading in treacle...

@Bleak ....Help!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It may have been noted somewhere else but the VvV Leader boards are not working correctly when there are multiple players in a guild. Values add to negative one (-1) for points and sigils returned for guild total are not correct.

On a side note, I think each town is worth 20,000 points which has created scores well into the millions for individuals and soon we'll have guilds with billions of points... Sure its neat to have millions of points but it might be easier to make sense of it if we just lost some 0's. Town win worth 20 points rather then 20k, then individual and combined scores will make more sense and going into the future will still reach into the millions but it will make more sense to my math challenged brains then guilds scores like 56465656.

It doesn't change the "value" of the points earned or reduce what people have done in VvV to this point, dropping the last three digits and rounding will make the scores more understandable and meaningful.

I love the score board and excited to see it in game. Participation in VvV on Origin has Spiked since its inclusion and it's a great addition.

Two things that may also have been noted is that is does not show weather a guild is returning Virtue or Vice sigils which is an important aspect. I agree with Tina if viewing the score board was universal in game not just for people who are participating (because it might get new people to enter) and last if there was a way to see your alliance total as well as your individual guilds. We are an rp kingdom that divides our forces by skill (Military, Spies, etc) and it would be nice if those kingdom totals could be viewed in total.... the Military's kills and the spies sigils into our Kingdom alliance total.

Of course as rping being our main motivation, I am going to ask if the recent fiction will be reflected in game, and there will be an ingame way to support Dupre's Virtue Force to fight off Vice as he was directed by Lord British.

Thanks and keep up the great work. As you can probable tell by the Origin score board our Kingdom is enjoying VvV and as it continues to evolve,

Thanks,

Lore's Player

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It may have been noted somewhere else but the VvV Leader boards are not working correctly when there are multiple players in a guild. Values add to negative one (-1) for points and sigils returned for guild total are not correct.

On a side note, I think each town is worth 20,000 points which has created scores well into the millions for individuals and soon we'll have guilds with billions of points... Sure its neat to have millions of points but it might be easier to make sense of it if we just lost some 0's. Town win worth 20 points rather then 20k, then individual and combined scores will make more sense and going into the future will still reach into the millions but it will make more sense to my math challenged brains then guilds scores like 56465656.

It doesn't change the "value" of the points earned or reduce what people have done in VvV to this point, dropping the last three digits and rounding will make the scores more understandable and meaningful.

I love the score board and excited to see it in game. Participation in VvV on Origin has Spiked since its inclusion and it's a great addition.

Two things that may also have been noted is that is does not show weather a guild is returning Virtue or Vice sigils which is an important aspect. I agree with Tina if viewing the score board was universal in game not just for people who are participating (because it might get new people to enter) and last if there was a way to see your alliance total as well as your individual guilds. We are an rp kingdom that divides our forces by skill (Military, Spies, etc) and it would be nice if those kingdom totals could be viewed in total.... the Military's kills and the spies sigils into our Kingdom alliance total.

Of course as rping being our main motivation, I am going to ask if the recent fiction will be reflected in game, and there will be an ingame way to support Dupre's Virtue Force to fight off Vice as he was directed by Lord British.

Thanks and keep up the great work. As you can probable tell by the Origin score board our Kingdom is enjoying VvV and as it continues to evolve,

Thanks,

Lore's Player
We are likely going to have to divide the "score" value by some factor of 10 to keep it from causing issues and fitting in the gump.

We are also still working on what our next step will be with VvV in terms of adding more depth and impact to the way battles are fought and the results of victory. The fiction does indeed serve as a jumping point and begin to open what avenues may be available for accomplishing what I mentioned. Thanks for the feedback!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We are likely going to have to divide the "score" value by some factor of 10 to keep it from causing issues and fitting in the gump.

We are also still working on what our next step will be with VvV in terms of adding more depth and impact to the way battles are fought and the results of victory. The fiction does indeed serve as a jumping point and begin to open what avenues may be available for accomplishing what I mentioned. Thanks for the feedback!
I joined VvV last night and did some play.
so far its like Factions Light.
i did notice a couple things though, my thief, once i figured out how the sigils work (this took a while) but once i figured out what to do i went to steal one and it took me 6 attempts to steal the sigil and my guy was 100 skill natural.
that seemed strange to me, all this missing of the steal.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Are the publish going world wide with server maintance on rest of the shards (including europeans) tomorrow morning? Or are they published later on the evening?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Am I noticing a slight amount of decay? As in the system has a finite amount of days it holds in memory?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the panther should take up two squares... we are murdering baby panthers for it to be the size of a turkey.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I joined VvV last night and did some play.
so far its like Factions Light.
i did notice a couple things though, my thief, once i figured out how the sigils work (this took a while) but once i figured out what to do i went to steal one and it took me 6 attempts to steal the sigil and my guy was 100 skill natural.
that seemed strange to me, all this missing of the steal.
I've stolen over 500 Sigils and yet to fail even once. I have GM real skill and 120 with jewelry. Unless this is a change in the publish, try adding to your stealing skill.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i guess im use to factions where as long as you where over 80 you never failed.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think the panther should take up two squares... we are murdering baby panthers for it to be the size of a turkey.
have you ever seen a real wild turkey?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Does anyone have a picture of the "Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild" sash? Does it have any mods or unique colors?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont think anyone has won this month yet

Malachite El'Ren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be blind, but, where the heck is the Huntsman on Origin? I am at the Ranger Guild but see nothing...?

Malachite El'Ren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be blind, but, where the heck is the Huntsman on Origin? I am at the Ranger Guild but see nothing...?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have! They live around a bike trail out in the woods I use sometimes. :D

They are big, but I agree, not panther sized. Black panthers are like 7 feet long.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, we have wild ones all the time in our neighborhood. Yay suburbs....

I still stand by my comparison and would like the stuffed version of the cat to be larger. The bear at least upright looks reasonably respectable with its size. There is a big difference between a bird that is 25 lbs and something that weighs 80-200lbs. It is just my opinion having seen both up close and personal,... the kitties are definitely larger than the turkeys. Don't get me wrong... I'm still running from the toms during season as they can get downright intimidating to the point of attacking cars

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its not the one in town, you have to cross the boat bridge to the mainland then take a sharp left and follow the water up about 2 screens Mal

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm referring to the constant crashing and client lockups in hostile areas also lag is horrendous at times, usually if I've got more than 3 or 4 containers open its like wading in treacle...

@Bleak ....Help!
I don't have a problem with crashing or lockup but I sure do have terrible lag with more than a couple of containers open, that's horrible.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I always felt that the big cats get ...... shafted in UO. Sure a cougar is not as large as a Panther... or even a snow leopard. But that's no reason to make all the cats small...

Now if we could just have Tigers in the Jungles... Lions in some area's... And the ever elusive Saber Tooth... As a rideable mount. We have CuSidhe but no real big cats for Tamers. Tons of wolves, hell hounds, CuSidhe and such.... need a comparable big cat.... and no.... hell cats don't even come close.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I always felt that the big cats get ...... shafted in UO. Sure a cougar is not as large as a Panther... or even a snow leopard. But that's no reason to make all the cats small...

Now if we could just have Tigers in the Jungles... Lions in some area's... And the ever elusive Saber Tooth... As a rideable mount. We have CuSidhe but no real big cats for Tamers. Tons of wolves, hell hounds, CuSidhe and such.... need a comparable big cat.... and no.... hell cats don't even come close.
I really wish they would redo cu's. They look so terrible and angular.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really wish they would redo cu's. They look so terrible and angular.
I agree..... they look weird. They could look so much better... but then that's how I feel about a bunch of things... most especially the poor Hiryu who got the short straw when they did the EC graphics. Poor thing is just hideous and looks like a plucked turkey.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this activate when the publish goes to all shards, or do we have to wait until the holiday gifts go active on 12/1 to have a chance at getting the plants?
I believe you'll be able to raid your Horns of Plenty to try to get coffee plants as soon as this publish is live on the other shards. The unanswered question at this point is whether or not the Horns of Plenty will recharge themselves, if locked down, after November 30th. They might only recharge themselves every year during the month of November and that might also require locking them down too. Would be nice to get clarification on this from Kyronix, Bleak, Misk, or Mesanna.