• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to Origin and Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Nov 17 19:15 GMT

Greetings,

We will be publishing Pub 88 to Origin and Izumo today, due to the late time of publish Izumo will not experience another maintenance today. We expect to start the publish at 2:30 and both shards should be back by 3:30 at the latest. As most of you have discovered the Treasures of Doom was accidently turned off early, we will be publishing the fix for this out with the World Wide publish. We appreciate all the feedback and look forward to hearing more.

Thank you everyone!
UO Team

• Treasures of Doom has been reactivated and extended until server up on 12/6/2014.
• During Governor elections “Governor, “ will be prepended to the name of the incumbent on the various voting gumps.
• Minor pigments can now be combined up to 50 charges.
• The Grinder can now work when locked down in a house
• Fireplaces now function as a fire source for cooking.
• Hunting Permits can no longer be used on living animals.

Continue reading...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Awesome, lookin good!

*Gets my hunter ready* Thanks for the quick fixes!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged in just to check the VvV leaderboards but they don't seem to be working, I didn't go on Test to look at them so maybe I just don't know what I am doing. Use guild menu, hit leaderboard and nothing happens.

-Lore's Player

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I logged in just to check the VvV leaderboards but they don't seem to be working, I didn't go on Test to look at them so maybe I just don't know what I am doing. Use guild menu, hit leaderboard and nothing happens.

-Lore's Player
A missed note: Leaderboards are updated every 2 hours. Once data is available the leaderboards will display.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get the new plant from the horn of plenty on Origin? The old horn not the new reward one.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can you do us a HUGE favor and put a trash barrel at the Rangers guild for unwanted permits?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so does all this start tomarrow on Origin? because i just checked and my stuff isnt stackable, i wanna try my horn of plenty but not if we dont have publish 88 yet

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
so does all this start tomorrow on Origin? because i just checked and my stuff isn't stack able, i wanna try my horn of plenty but not if we don't have publish 88 yet
Some of publish 88 is working, just not all of it, it seems.

I did see people in general chat say that their dyes are not yet stack able so I just checked my snow and grass tiles with the same result.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you do us a HUGE favor and put a trash barrel at the Rangers guild for unwanted permits?

The problem is that they are floating around all over the land same time, not only in the guild.

Not sure if it is easiest to cut down the decay time on them to 2 minutes, - or give them some cleanup point value like 5 points or so. I see this will be a problem when the publish hit the bigger shards, and it will be thousands and thousands of thoose shattered around the world.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to let guilded non-VvV characters access the leaderboard if any member of the guild is in VvV? The way it is working on Origin right now, it appears that the only characters in the guild who can see the leaderboard are characters that are actually in VvV.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the guild data on the leader boards is displaying rather interestingly. Negative values and such.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emptied 6 horns of plenty of their charges and ended up with 4 potted coffee plants. When you click on them, they say "The plant is not ready to be picked from." The potted coffee plant's context menu only lets you retrieve it or set security.

coffee plants on origin.jpg

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Emptied 6 horns of plenty of their charges and ended up with 4 potted coffee plants. When you click on them, they say "The plant is not ready to be picked from." The potted coffee plant's context menu only lets you retrieve it or set security.

View attachment 25669
You have to lock it down, and it will grow on server up. When it is fully grown, you can harvest from it.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is that they are floating around all over the land same time, not only in the guild.

Not sure if it is easiest to cut down the decay time on them to 2 minutes, - or give them some cleanup point value like 5 points or so. I see this will be a problem when the publish hit the bigger shards, and it will be thousands and thousands of thoose shattered around the world.
They should be 'destroy on drop' like the vendor search maps.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh this! Can you do this? Cus there are permits ALL over lol

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a bad idea - because you have to drop it on the huntermann for to record your kill. And - if you miss, it will be gone. Therefore I suggested to cut down the decay time to 2 min in case you drop, try pick it up and crash etc.. It have to be a bit failproof.

Maybe they should put in a context - where you use context on huntermann for to record a kill, for to target the deed in your backpack???

Yet, it is a bad idea to make them decay on drop - some people would like to have just the deed for lockdown in their houses.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Just drop the unwanted permits on the body of the anymal you just killed.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just drop the unwanted permits on the body of the anymal you just killed.
Some are, but u need to open corpse to be allowed for that. So, reality is that the ground around the world and the Ranger House is filled with them.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i went and did that Huntsman thing.
purchased 20 permits, ran though the forest and killed 20 things, put them on the tags, nothing was bigger then what was already up.
this is totally RNG.
and its not even RNG, its DOUBLE BLIND RNG!
cause the animal spawns and we cant tell if its big or small so we have to kill it to find out.

im thinking there needs to be something more to this.
it feels like its only half there.
does that make sense?
it needs to have something where you can track a mighty beast with herding and tracking and animal lore.
or your tracking will take you to a critter that is in the 90% range and up or something.
just wondering the forest killing everything in the hopes that it will be a big one is..... well its just a money sink.

i dropped 100k for 5 minutes of not even fun.
i just killed stuff that took one hit per with my warrior.
maybe you guys should super buff up the heavier animals?
that would give us the idea if we where at least fighting something worth while.
you roll up on a bull and smack it, instead of the one hit kill you only shave 1/20 off... oh ya its big game hunting time!

meh!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
purchased 20 permits, ran though the forest and killed 20 things, put them on the tags, nothing was bigger then what was already up.
this is totally RNG.
cause the animal spawns and we cant tell if its big or small so we have to kill it to find out.

does that make sense?
it needs to have something where you can track a mighty beast with herding and tracking and animal lore.
or your tracking will take you to a critter that is in the 90% range and up or something.
just wondering the forest killing everything in the hopes that it will be a big one is..... well its just a money sink.

that would give us the idea if we where at least fighting something worth while.
you roll up on a bull and smack it, instead of the one hit kill you only shave 1/20 off... oh ya its big game hunting time!

meh!
Yeah I agree and I think Kyronix said that they intended to make it a bit more... sporting or something but time constraints led to what it is. I'm hoping that in future they rework it to allow things like Tracking, Animal Lore and such to play a part in big game hunting. But for now we are stuck with the RNG but that's what you have with fishing as well.... but fishing doesn't cost you 5k a pop. And that's just to kill it and get the deed.... it's 100k to mount the thing and even MORE expensive to do such a thing on Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
this is totally RNG.
I don't see that as a big problem, except that the permits are very expensive

does that make sense?
Sure if you want to use several skills for it, you do not have to buy as many permits, but I also like to be able to just kill the critter and then use the permits to get the size of it.
I don't want to be forced to have this skills to do this challenge.

The permits are to expensive, special for newbies.
I also agree the critters need to get a little more hitpoints and need to deal more damage. A newbie should die if trying to kill Bull or a Grizzly. I would still believe around 5 arrows from my bow should do the job.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I had to stop doing it and go kill dragons for a bit to make more gold...I went through about...500k? And I am NOT a rich person in UO...irl either lol.

I think as it is right now....it has potential. It's fun for the first day until some rich person goes and gets all the highest kills and the rest of us waste a LOT of gold trying to beat the record for the rest of the month.

It's going to be tricky to find a balance...using skills like tracking and animal lore could be good, but might just give a small boost so that the people who don't or don't want to have those skills still have a chance.

I'm sure that with enough feedback from us, they will be able to tweak it and find the right balance.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is totally RNG.

does that make sense?

meh!
its a mindless grind. some people like that stuff. i doubt many will actually like it for more than the first week or so.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm planning on trying out the challenge once. planning on doing 300 kills, seeing what i get. just have to find the most efficient way to kill all the animals in the forest quickly. im thinking area effect running thru, then going back and documenting the kills.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's only a grind if you feel the need to get the biggest one. I plan on killing one of each to have the Trophy's in my castle. If I get the biggest one, ok, if not that's ok too. I think the trophy's are enough for me and if they add more beasts later down the road, even better.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 2 view of potted coffee plants.

coffee plants day 2.jpg

The publish notes say the plants will grow each day on server up and will produce fruit once they reach their full growth state. Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I had to stop doing it and go kill dragons for a bit to make more gold...I went through about...500k? And I am NOT a rich person in UO...irl either lol.

I think as it is right now....it has potential. It's fun for the first day until some rich person goes and gets all the highest kills and the rest of us waste a LOT of gold trying to beat the record for the rest of the month.

It's going to be tricky to find a balance...using skills like tracking and animal lore could be good, but might just give a small boost so that the people who don't or don't want to have those skills still have a chance.

I'm sure that with enough feedback from us, they will be able to tweak it and find the right balance.
I really think this activity should be limited to give everyone a sporting chance. You should get on shot at every creature, and make it a week long event.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nice Tina! I didn't get any Horn's of Plenty, wasn't around for that year unfortunately so I can't wait to get my hands on one this year, LOVE the graphic of the coffee plant :)

Just logging in now, are things stackable yet? REALLY need my snow/grass tiles to stack! lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I really think this activity should be limited to give everyone a sporting chance. You should get on shot at every creature, and make it a week long event.
Yeah I mean...RIGHT as Origin came back online there were at least 5 people logged out with me at the Ranger's Guild lol...was crazy for the first few hours trying to get the highest kill but after spending almost 300k JUST to try for the biggest walrus I gave up :/

Hopefully we'll be able to find a good balance because I do like the concept.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know if this was posted yet anywhere else, but Poo noticed last night that the snow and grass tiles on Origin do not stack yet.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Tina! I didn't get any Horn's of Plenty, wasn't around for that year unfortunately so I can't wait to get my hands on one this year, LOVE the graphic of the coffee plant :)

Just logging in now, are things stackable yet? REALLY need my snow/grass tiles to stack! lol
Ahh! Someone did post. No, they don't stack yet.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Grr that's unfortunate :(

Oh does anyone know when they reset the trophies? I almost reported that glitch I had on test before I realized that all of them had been reset :/

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I mean...RIGHT as Origin came back online there were at least 5 people logged out with me at the Ranger's Guild lol...was crazy for the first few hours trying to get the highest kill but after spending almost 300k JUST to try for the biggest walrus I gave up :/

Hopefully we'll be able to find a good balance because I do like the concept.
That is why I was sort of hoping that these hunts would be for new hard to find creatures that were just basically the same animal with a different name or like a special (muted natural looking) hue, and have say maybe only one per map server area, so you would actually have to put the work in to find one. That way you couldn't just spam it, as it would take a lot of running around.

And/or like I suggested in the other thread the ability to use animal lore to "reveal" the special kind of animal when examining a regular animal of the same type. Not a huge chance, and only one chance per animal.

I know they said they the system is what it is right now, but, just some ideas to toss around.

Anyway, I expect as is things will die down after a month or two, and people will have a better shot at it. Faster if the rounds weren't month long. Wayyyyy too long. A week would be plenty.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know they said they the system is what it is right now, but, just some ideas to toss around.

Anyway, I expect as is things will die down after a month or two, and people will have a better shot at it. Faster if the rounds weren't month long. Wayyyyy too long. A week would be plenty.
I don't know why they don't have hunts on multiple facets. Overland hunting in ter mur could use some incentive.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Another question....where is this?

http://i61.***********/2iacwmx.png

Location 0?? Is that a real place?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "remove thyself" command does not seem to work on the turkeys from the Horns of Plenty, at least on Origin at this point. I've tried with house owner and with co-owners and get the targeting cursor, but it doesn't do anything.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know why they don't have hunts on multiple facets. Overland hunting in ter mur could use some incentive.
I was just thinking the same the other day. It's kind of a dead zone.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the Huntermann's quest - but fear that 1 month is a long waypoint, and people will loose interest for it as the highest weight's are close to impossible to match.

Maybe they should have it a week a time, starting at server up monday - till next monday for to give people a chance and a goal. Also raise the reward points for buying reward to 4 instead of 1 for to keep it so that people have to continue work for to get the score to be able to get a reward.

The statues displayed are nice, but should keep high time record and it should be a bulletin board with the week's highest score and a bulletin board with the month's highest score. And also maybe give a reward to the month's highest score's as well - at same time to the week's highest score.

I dont see any link between animal lore and the weight, that is kind of odd - as a ranger should be able to tell if its a big one or not. Also, if a person has tracking - it should be a natural thing that he can tell if it is a big animal that has run by.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Grr that's unfortunate :(

Oh does anyone know when they reset the trophies? I almost reported that glitch I had on test before I realized that all of them had been reset :/
Are you saying the trophies on Origin have been reset?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are you saying the trophies on Origin have been reset?
Yes they were all reset when I logged in around 10 AM central, not sure when they reset is why I asked...were they not supposed to reset?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they were all reset when I logged in around 10 AM central, not sure when they reset is why I asked...were they not supposed to reset?
No, it sounds like a bug. Looking into it.