• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to Origin and Izumo

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a spoiler showing the coffee plants at day 3 (the ones towards the middle) and day 2 of their maturation cycle. At day 3, the plants still aren't ready to be picked from.

coffee plants day 3 and day 2.jpg

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe you'll be able to raid your Horns of Plenty to try to get coffee plants as soon as this publish is live on the other shards. The unanswered question at this point is whether or not the Horns of Plenty will recharge themselves, if locked down, after November 30th. They might only recharge themselves every year during the month of November and that might also require locking them down too. Would be nice to get clarification on this from Kyronix, Bleak, Misk, or Mesanna.
Thanks, and yes, clarification from the team would be very helpful, indeed! *crosses fingers*

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i believe they recharge in secure chests and in your bank or backpack as well, dont have to lock them down on the floor.
or at least in previous years it was this way.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
i believe they recharge in secure chests and in your bank or backpack as well, dont have to lock them down on the floor.
or at least in previous years it was this way.
Correct. They are currently recharging as before. I think the question remaining is whether or not they will continue recharging after the end of November to allow a better chance to collect the new plants.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
Origin Huntmaster's Challenge has reset itself again today!!
Kyronix is a bad fixer! LOL I just logged in, long day....and it's true..wires are still crossed....might wanna have a gander at that before you go live with the rest of the shards :)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix is a bad fixer! LOL I just logged in, long day....and it's true..wires are still crossed....might wanna have a gander at that before you go live with the rest of the shards :)
I thought the manual change would fix it, but unfortunately it did not. The issue has been resolved for WW release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ah it's ok I'm just funnin ya! You have tons on your plate...at least someone caught it and you were able to fix it, so thanks! :heart: It's what us Originals are here for :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 4 with the coffee plants on Origin. :)
coffee plants picking pods.jpg

coffee plants day 4 and day 3.jpg

There seem to be at least two styles of coffee pods. In the backpack you see a single one of one style to the left and 2 stacked coffee pods of another style on the right. (Yes, they stack!)

I have one more pod to harvest and will get the cook out later for some experimentation. (The rest of the plants are still at day 3.) It looks like you only get one pod per day per matured plant.

Can't wait to find out what happens when you drink coffee in UO!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Day 4 with the coffee plants on Origin. :)
View attachment 25779

View attachment 25780

There seem to be at least two styles of coffee pods. In the backpack you see a single one of one style to the left and 2 stacked coffee pods of another style on the right. (Yes, they stack!)

I have one more pod to harvest and will get the cook out later for some experimentation. (The rest of the plants are still at day 3.) It looks like you only get one pod per day per matured plant.

Can't wait to find out what happens when you drink coffee in UO!
They stack! I'm happy now! :snoopy:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left a pod on one of the coffee plants on Origin yesterday to test whether they will hold multiple pods. It appears that the coffee plants only hold one pod at a time, maximum. It doesn't look like they are going to build up to a quantity of 10 over time, like the apple or pear trees or the Rose of Trinsic.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any pictures of the sewing machine and the blacksmith press thingies, yet? I would just like to know how big they are before getting them ... ah, the troubles of living in a 14 year old, tiny house .... *sighs*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there any pictures of the sewing machine and the blacksmith press thingies, yet? I would just like to know how big they are before getting them ... ah, the troubles of living in a 14 year old, tiny house .... *sighs*
You can get them and the other new veteran rewards at the Britain bank on TC1. You can also get one gift per account of the upcoming holiday gifts (other than the grinder for some unknown reason), a coffee plant, and coffee pods. Note also that the fireplace samples at the bank are smaller than the ones you actually get from placing from the deeds.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They're quite small John, and are animated too - like the gadgetry table behind my tamer. If you click on the stool of the sewing machine or crate of the smithing press, a draw opens and that's what you place the sewing kits or smith tools in.

They look really nice and I believe the press replaces the use of a forge or anvil (not tested though because I haven't got a crafter there yet).

New vet rewards.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They're quite small John, and are animated too - like the gadgetry table behind my tamer. If you click on the stool of the sewing machine or crate of the smithing press, a draw opens and that's what you place the sewing kits or smith tools in.

They look really nice and I believe the press replaces the use of a forge or anvil (not tested though because I haven't got a crafter there yet).

View attachment 25795
That is correct, you no longer need the forge or anvil if you use the Smithing Press.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can you smelt ore on the smithing press?
No sorry I misspoke, you do still need a forge but you don't need an anvil.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No sorry I misspoke, you do still need a forge but you don't need an anvil.
That's ok that is awesome! I'm liking it... 1 tile forge, that thing... 1 tile soulforge and the sewing kit thing... but I'll still need 4 spinning wheels and a loom. Now if only I could get a spinning wheel that I could drop a pile of wool into and it would spin it for me without me clicking and clicking and clicking and a loom that was more automated. There are some future idea's for you! I'll add those to the Idea's thread.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's ok that is awesome! I'm liking it... 1 tile forge, that thing... 1 tile soulforge and the sewing kit thing... but I'll still need 4 spinning wheels and a loom. Now if only I could get a spinning wheel that I could drop a pile of wool into and it would spin it for me without me clicking and clicking and clicking and a loom that was more automated. There are some future idea's for you! I'll add those to the Idea's thread.
Yeah I just posted this pic in another thread but this is how I set it up on test with the press and forge and it fits quite nicely

http://i61.***********/2d9v3oj.png

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left a pod on one of the coffee plants on Origin yesterday to test whether they will hold multiple pods. It appears that the coffee plants only hold one pod at a time, maximum. It doesn't look like they are going to build up to a quantity of 10 over time, like the apple or pear trees or the Rose of Trinsic.
There seem to be two 'types' of pod, at least - if you looked at the TC 'examples' there were two you could collect copies of, and it seems that the smaller made one 'coffee grounds' when used and the larger, two. I'm guessing the plants may make the 'bigger' pod, but I've not seen one grow yet.

The larger one I'm referring to is between the coffee plant and the middle fireplace, next to the more usual 'smaller' one that is all I have seen grow,so far.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I just posted this pic in another thread but this is how I set it up on test with the press and forge and it fits quite nicely

http://i61.***********/2d9v3oj.png
Nice! Great idea Larisa... You can get a small crate in with the press as well (see my pic). Not messed with the sewing machine yet to see what storage can integrate with it.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There seem to be two 'types' of pod, at least - if you looked at the TC 'examples' there were two you could collect copies of, and it seems that the smaller made one 'coffee grounds' when used and the larger, two. I'm guessing the plants may make the 'bigger' pod, but I've not seen one grow yet.
How did you make coffee grounds? It would seem like you need to use the grinder that is a Christmas gift, but I've been unable to get one on TC1. Absolutely nothing happens when clicking on the one by the Britain bank.

Did get the beverage maker but it doesn't seem to do anything, even with coffee pods, full water pitcher, and a cooking tool in the backpack of the character who owns the house that holds the locked down beverage maker. The only option on the beverage maker's context menu is to retrieve it. Tried pouring a pitcher of water into it, since it says it is "steam-powered" but you can't pour water on it.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just got both size pods off of my plants on Origin.

and yes kojak is correct...stand next to the beverage maker as if it were an oven, open your cooking context menu. Coffee requires 1 coffee ground and 1 pitcher of water.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did you make coffee grounds? It would seem like you need to use the grinder that is a Christmas gift, but I've been unable to get one on TC1. Absolutely nothing happens when clicking on the one by the Britain bank.
I got the grinder from the one at Britain bank on TC, but for some of the items those dispensers give, I had to find the exactly right spot to stand on -at first I thought several were not working but moving very close to them and clicking them from different tiles around them finally got results.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The larger one I'm referring to is between the coffee plant and the middle fireplace, next to the more usual 'smaller' one that is all I have seen grow,so far.
Thank you Tina, I now want a fireplace.