• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 TC!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New Trick or Treat skulls:

Crystal
Jade
Obsidian

They are turnable with an interior decorator.

@Kyronix These are neat, but the crystal skull has weird black blocks attached to it, the jade does a little as well.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ohh those are very cool!

I hope they turn trick or treat back on soon! Me wants!

Thanks for posting!

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are used for the prophetic manuscripts, which you need to purchase an antique documents kit to make.
Has anyone deciphered the the newly uncovered ruins in doom with the prophetic manuscripts yet? Or knows what it's all about?

Cool skulls btw.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know where to get an antique documents kit...I am so lost! AHHH halp! lol

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix While your at it was at an EM event and I'll say that while the looting is slightly improved it's not improved enough for the EC.

Opening up a corpse that has gone public will lock up the client for 4 min or more. Which makes it impossible to loot. By the time I got one opened it would despawn before I could look at more than 2 or 3 items.... and everytime someone else moved something it would cause my window to close... which meant by the time I lagged out another 4 min opening the corpse it despawned completely.

When this stuff goes into Doom I will be spending most my time lagged out and unable to loot anything at all. You think an EM event is stressful on this client wait for Doom...... sure the "important" stuff will drop in my pack but honestly if I can't loot anything I may as well not be playing the game. Because that's what half the game is about.... stuff.

So this needs fixed. Also you all need to consider more time being allowed for Halloween content. As it is Halloween is QUICKLY approaching... and there isn't going to be enough time for folk to enjoy this content before it's over. I don't want to have to choose between Trick or Treating and the Doom content. Just saying that would be a big boot to the head IMO.

Also FYI to Kyronix if I put my ethereal mount in one of the boxes of the EC bars it grays out and can't be used. Used to work to be able to click my mount from the bar. Can we fix that.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Bleak @Kyronix A carryover bug from the last publish which should be a simple fix... Three dye types were left off the list, and still don't stack. The original 10-count bleach bottles, the original 1 count no-name ToT dyes, and the named color original 1 count ToT dyes still don't stack. All three use the same graphic as the stacking types, but refuse to stack. Can this please be fixed?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Bleak @Kyronix A carryover bug from the last publish which should be a simple fix... Three dye types were left off the list, and still don't stack. The original 10-count bleach bottles, the original 1 count no-name ToT dyes, and the named color original 1 count ToT dyes still don't stack. All three use the same icon as the stacking types, but refuse to stack. Can this please be fixed?
Please as well I'm getting extremely irritated with my spells constantly being grayed out and unusable when there is NO reason for it!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Non Vice vs Virtue players that find themselves in a VvV battle city will have a new option on the warning gump to teleport them to the nearest moongate.

• VvV participation flag for non-VvV players will now be removed after 2 hours, or the participant is killed by a VvV player, whichever comes first.
A moongate move is better than certain death, but flinging players out of cities like this is still annoying and unnecessary. As for the 2 hour flag, well it gives the PvPers a nice long time to score a lame kill without the count they should have taken. Make the cities into glorified PvP arenas and ghost towns the rest of the time. I'm sure the PvPers will miss us ordinary folks one day when they run out of pots :)

Wenchy

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A moongate move is better than certain death, but flinging players out of cities like this is still annoying and unnecessary. As for the 2 hour flag, well it gives the PvPers a nice long time to score a lame kill without the count they should have taken. Make the cities into glorified PvP arenas and ghost towns the rest of the time. I'm sure the PvPers will miss us ordinary folks one day when they run out of pots :)

Wenchy
Just so I get this straight. You just want anybody who has not voluntarily joined VvV to freely walk in to a battle zone to do business without any chance that harm may come to them?

Way too easy to exploit. If it were that easy, that would have been the first thing they fixed. However, the dev team was forward thinking enough to know that people could mess with a VvV battle in all kinds of ways if there were no repercussions for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Push through blocking altars and priests, healing from outside the guard zone, etc.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blue healers were always a bugger to deal with in factions. The fact that everyone in the zone becomes orange is a great way to fix that issue. Besides, the fights are what? 20 minutes? Do something else and come back...it's not like you can't find something to do for 20 minutes. Hell, come here and post while you're waiting to get into a town that has a fight going on...la

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Crystal
Jade
Obsidian

@Kyronix These are neat, but the crystal skull has weird black blocks attached to it, the jade does a little as well.
Nice addition. I hope those aren't the only colors. Maybe have a huge color collection like the old xmas boxes or something to that sorts

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just so I get this straight. You just want anybody who has not voluntarily joined VvV to freely walk in to a battle zone to do business without any chance that harm may come to them?
All I want is use the cities as I could before VvV without being dragged into a fight merely for being in that city. Or kicked out of it. Have the cities still function as cities without disrupting those of us who actually use them. Without some little upstart being able to get a cheap kill because we didn't evacuate quick enough. Flagging someone for two hours is just silly. There have been complaints about how long stat loss is for PvPers, I bet they wouldn't like to have to hide out for two hours.

Way too easy to exploit. If it were that easy, that would have been the first thing they fixed. However, the dev team was forward thinking enough to know that people could mess with a VvV battle in all kinds of ways if there were no repercussions for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Push through blocking altars and priests, healing from outside the guard zone, etc.
I'm not interested in exploiting, if that was a concern then someone on the dev team should have thought twice about dumping VvV into the one bit of Fel that ordinary folk were still using :) I think if you're going to put these fights in town then either accept the limitations of that area or move it elsewhere. But telling players to get out of areas they're using just to have some PvP is just going to annoy those players.

Wenchy

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I want is use the cities as I could before VvV without being dragged into a fight merely for being in that city. Or kicked out of it. Have the cities still function as cities without disrupting those of us who actually use them. Without some little upstart being able to get a cheap kill because we didn't evacuate quick enough. Flagging someone for two hours is just silly. There have been complaints about how long stat loss is for PvPers, I bet they wouldn't like to have to hide out for two hours.

I'm not interested in exploiting, if that was a concern then someone on the dev team should have thought twice about dumping VvV into the one bit of Fel that ordinary folk were still using :) I think if you're going to put these fights in town then either accept the limitations of that area or move it elsewhere. But telling players to get out of areas they're using just to have some PvP is just going to annoy those players.

Wenchy
Trammel wasn't enough eh? Now you want safe passage through Fel. We are most sorry for inconveniencing you with all our fun. :p

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel wasn't enough eh? Now you want safe passage through Fel. We are most sorry for inconveniencing you with all our fun. :p
I live in Fel, always have done. Nowhere have I asked for safe passage through Fel or anything close to it :) I did my share of PvP, I just have no interest in playing with the mess it turned into. Funny enough I fought in cities a lot when I factioned, and we never needed to evacuate before we had our fun. Or try telling folk to go to Tram.

Today's PvPers have the most insane gear and templates compared to what I wore and yet apparently we need to empty the city for you to feel safe enough to have a fight. Right now I think any non-VvV who is still using cities as normal and gets flagged in the process probably has more nerve than the players chasing him.

Folks don't want their PvP interfered with by non-VvV players, but the reverse is true too. And when a facet really needs more population rather than less, it seems particularly silly for the PvP to effectively drive out everyone else. You might as well have an instanced city to fight over with pretend shops. That's about what we've just created here. Hope that fun thing works out for you.

Wenchy

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, if you look at it in a role-play sense, it follows a logical path. If the city elders knew a fight was coming, a warning would be sent out (think bell towers or runners). When the fight started, shops and commerce would shut down. If someone stayed in town for the fight, they risked getting injured or killed.

I kinda like it and the only role play I do in game is roleplaying a non-roleplayer...la

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Actually, if you look at it in a role-play sense, it follows a logical path. If the city elders knew a fight was coming, a warning would be sent out (think bell towers or runners). When the fight started, shops and commerce would shut down. If someone stayed in town for the fight, they risked getting injured or killed.

I kinda like it and the only role play I do in game is roleplaying a non-roleplayer...la
Roleplaying - you mean it's all in your head? :eyes:
No offense meant.
At this point of time I am somewhat undecided. My crafters with legitimate reason to mind their business in Felucca cities.... feel left out.

What we need now are valid numbers and experiences - how many PvPers do enjoy VvV, is participation in VvV stable, declining or rising?
Are you guys having fun and how many of you are out there occupying my cities?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not active in VvV, I'm back for the RtB and would rather spend my time doing other things that being orange, lol...la

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not active in VvV, I'm back for the RtB and would rather spend my time doing other things that being orange, lol...la
Thank you so much for your reply.

I am shocked and amused at the same time:
I made a little joke with that sentence "it is all in your head".

I was not remotely thinking how clearly this joke spoke out the truth - with you not participating in VvV but voting in favor of that certain topic the adorable Wrenchkin spoke against... it's really all imagination, no player experience on your side whatsoever.
I am not asking you to keep your mouth shut. Please continue voicing yourself, I like what you say, I like the liveliness you are bringing with you.
If you weren't a thief I would consider hugging you actually, but I plan on keeping my wallet.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played as a faction thief in the past, so I don't think my opinions stray too far with this new system. If someone can't handle being displaced for less than a half hour...that's on them. Others have been displaced because of others in the past (think Trammel) so why should this be any different...la

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Point taken, Scound
I've played as a faction thief in the past, so I don't think my opinions stray too far with this new system. If someone can't handle being displaced for less than a half hour...that's on them. Others have been displaced because of others in the past (think Trammel) so why should this be any different...la
Point taken, Scoundrel Rico

Well, I am old. I'd rather see Trammel rulesets to be cut down, but I want guard protection in cities and I really am anxious about being flagged orange with my crafter. I am not keen on it, but I think I am unable to think outside the box on this very topic.
(I enjoyed going to Felucca smiths for bod bribery and even did some wood chopping in some Felucca cities. I am still annoyed I can't use my crystal portal for Delucia Felucca any longer. That's just me, like I said I don't take pride in being unable to think outside of my tiny box in this regard)

Cheers

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just you. Have you tried bifocals?
I see so those odd black squares on the boarder and the fact that they look like they belong in a completely different game are just an issue with my eye sight. Thank goodness!

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I see so those odd black squares on the boarder and the fact that they look like they belong in a completely different game are just an issue with my eye sight. Thank goodness!
That was why we posted them. It was the first thing that crossed my mind was the Obsidian Skull doesn't have them but the crystal and jade do. And I was hoping that the art guy would spruce that up a smidge before it goes live. Not sure what those blackish specks are on there but I wasn't liking it.

Also the white in the eye of the crystal skull is a BRIGHT.... looks clownish.. could be toned down a smidge.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That was why we posted them. It was the first thing that crossed my mind was the Obsidian Skull doesn't have them but the crystal and jade do. And I was hoping that the art guy would spruce that up a smidge before it goes live. Not sure what those blackish specks are on there but I wasn't liking it.

Also the white in the eye of the crystal skull is a BRIGHT.... looks clownish.. could be toned down a smidge.
I don't mind the white, but those black bits, once you notice them, it's impossible to not see them.

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live in Fel, always have done. Nowhere have I asked for safe passage through Fel or anything close to it :) I did my share of PvP, I just have no interest in playing with the mess it turned into. Funny enough I fought in cities a lot when I factioned, and we never needed to evacuate before we had our fun. Or try telling folk to go to Tram.

Today's PvPers have the most insane gear and templates compared to what I wore and yet apparently we need to empty the city for you to feel safe enough to have a fight. Right now I think any non-VvV who is still using cities as normal and gets flagged in the process probably has more nerve than the players chasing him.

Folks don't want their PvP interfered with by non-VvV players, but the reverse is true too. And when a facet really needs more population rather than less, it seems particularly silly for the PvP to effectively drive out everyone else. You might as well have an instanced city to fight over with pretend shops. That's about what we've just created here. Hope that fun thing works out for you.

Wenchy
The VvV town battles last at the most 20 minutes... How hard is it to just recall/run off to another city for 20 minutes? You get a warning and a free get-out-of-jail free card if you find yourself caught in a city by mishap. If you don't make it out in time and you get flagged, you can still leave. You are just flagged for 2 hours. Within that 2 hours you can most likely go to another Fel city and be 100% safe. I play on Atlantic and the other Fel cities are almost never even occupied unless there is a VvV battle going on. If anything this new system is less intrusive to non-participants, since you don't have to see towns flooded with those ugly old player placed Faction guards.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak @Kyronix There are issues with the publish...

Doom:
Tincture of Silver -
"Tincture of Silver – can be applied to weapons, spellbooks, and certain instruments to give a slayer bonus against creatures within Doom, while becoming vulnerable to undead."

So silver, which historically synonymous with undead slaying in UO, now makes one susceptible to undead? o_O This is especially puzzling when you consider that nearly a 3rd of the mobs in Doom are undead...

Yeah, this also made me scratch my head.....

To have a "silver" weapon cause "more" damage from undead is really weird, IMHO....

Besides, Doom has lots of undead and so yielding a weapon which gets one to get more damage (how much more damage, by the way ?) from undeads risks to make the Tincture not much desireable.....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not a good change. A VvV participant killed by a non-VvV participant can't report their killer for murder. Having that non-VvV participant flag orange until killed was the compromise, a good compromise. Now that has been taken away, they only flag orange for two whole hours? That is a pittance. Murder counts last for 40 hours but now when attacked and killed by a non-VvV participant they can go have a cup of coffee and come back with no consequence. I know there was an issues with people doing the trader's quest in Felucca and getting caught up in VvV battles. I think the teleporter option was a good compromise to this. Wasn't the trader's quest put in Felucca for a reason anyway? Two hours is nothing, if you want to put a time limit on it at least make it 24 hours.

Perhaps a small change could be done where "if" (and only "if") the non-VvV character kills/attacks a VvV character then the 2-hours timer to get off the orange labelling will not be applicable ?

But if the non-VvV character minds his/her own business then the 2-hours timer to get off the orange labelling will work. Perhaps, with such a change the timer could be even reduced to much less, like 15 minutes....

I see no reasons, if the non-VvV character does not interact at all with VvV-characters, that they should be orange labelled for a lengthy 2 hours....

As an alternative, non-VvV characters could get murder counts for killing VvV characters but I would prefer the other option I mentioned to this one ...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be bad as it would nerf the whole system. 2 hours should be enough time to kill a trouble maker. Lets say a VvV are hunting with a non VvV and 2 VvV comes and attack the VvV. The system as it is now, will allow the non VvV to help his friend. That's one of the ways new PvP'ers get to PvP :)

That's a good point....

To get into PvP, as I see it, is a gradual process..... one starts with being of a marginal side help to a friend and then, little by little, it grows...

So, not blocking outright the ability of a non-VvV character to come aid a VvV friend and at the same time not punish them too much for this little side help, I see it as a good thing towards enlarging the PvP base ....

Though, one should also consider the risk of abuse.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a blue ganks me and disappears for two hours and I have no retribution. If I attack them when they re-appear two hours later they are blue and I am the one who gets the murder count. I understand you are thinking in terms of Siege and maybe it should be different on Siege. On production this doesn't make as much sense. "innocents" will get the option to teleport out of town now, that seems enough to me.

Well, I disagree on that the timer should be removed.

There can be lots of instances where a non-VvV character would not teleport out timely. The game should indeed offer an alternative to drop out of the orange labelling like that of the timer. I even see the 2 hours as a way too long timer !!

If there is concern for non-VvV characters attacking and killing VvV characters then add a small change where offensive actions from a non-VvV character to a VvV character will remove the timer option and, consequently, reduce drastically the timer length to 15 minutes for those non-VvV characters who actually do not engage in offensive activities towards VvV characters.

Non-VvV characters who do NOT engage in offensive activities towards VvV characters should also be able to recall/sacred journey out of VvV battle areas to be able to escape the risk of getting killed by VvV characters. Even better, the system could work so that a non-VvV character would get again the teleporting gump again to a safe location elsewhere (the one that they missed the first time, whatever the reasons), the same split second that they receive damage from a VvV character.

Should the non-VvV character be killed before being able to actually teleport to a safe location (some PvPers can do way more damage than, for example, a crafter can possibly withstand so 1-hit kills are definately possible....), the teleporting gump would still be useable by the Ghost AND, the teleporting would also bring over the corpse to the teleporting location where, after teleporting, the Ghost would also be resurrected by the system. This, to avoid rez-killing in the VvV batle area.

If a player wants to PvP they sign up to VvV. If they don't, chances are that they do not want to PvP and therefore, the need for the automatic teleporting to a safe location more than just once, is necessary, IMHO.

I mean, if they cannot attack the VvV character who is attacking them (if they did their timer would not be an option any longer...) to defend themselves, their only way out of that situation is getting the hell out of it and, I think, running would not be enough.
Hence, there is need to allow them to a fast way out with a recall/sacred journey ability.

Another option could be that the initial teleporting Gump would just stay up on screen and not go away until the player actually uses it.
This could avoid accidental closing of it because of timers and so forth.

The option of using it as a Ghost with the teleporting of the corpse and the resurrecting by the system should still need to be added to cover the risk of non-VvV characters getting killed with 1-hit kills before they actually have the time to teleport away....

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trick or Treat - only on TC1 atm and coming to a shard near you soon (hopefully)...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The VvV town battles last at the most 20 minutes... How hard is it to just recall/run off to another city for 20 minutes? You get a warning and a free get-out-of-jail free card if you find yourself caught in a city by mishap. If you don't make it out in time and you get flagged, you can still leave. You are just flagged for 2 hours. Within that 2 hours you can most likely go to another Fel city and be 100% safe. I play on Atlantic and the other Fel cities are almost never even occupied unless there is a VvV battle going on. If anything this new system is less intrusive to non-participants, since you don't have to see towns flooded with those ugly old player placed Faction guards.
Considering how bitterly I've heard PvPers complain about 20 minute stat loss, and those were players participating in factions... that's kinda funny. Go somewhere else for 20 mins, hide out for 2 hrs... heh when I suggested going somewhere else and having some coffee during stat, to some PvPers it was like setting fire to the log pile. They wanted to fight, now, then if they lost they wanted to get back in there immediately.

I was always happy to do the 20 mins time, make a coffee and chat with guildies. But the difference there was I was signed up to participate in the system. And my fun wasn't at the expense of someone else being told to leave the city or being flagged orange when they didn't want to be. My desire for a fun fight is no more important than another's desire to sort their bank box or smelt ore or whatever they choose to do. By existing alongside each other, there is more opportunity to make new friends, to trade and to simply have fun. Or there was.

I hope one day someone on the dev team realises the cities in Fel are now pretty wasted and the lost opportunities they missed for making Fel a facet for all kinds of players, not just the PvPers. Because those other activities alongside PvPers give some players the interest and confidence to try PvP for themselves. If they feel the entire facet requires them to be battle ready and capable of defending against a gank in or out of the city, it'll deter all but the most suicidal from even coming for a look. So ultimately even from a PvPer perspective I think this is a system which is going to shoot Fel in the foot. It's not just about me as a player not wanting to be disrupted, it's about what is best for Fel long term and seeing beyond the desire for a fight into what the effects of a system are on the wider community.

Wenchy

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I wasn't to keen on Fel either when I first started playing. My original shard was Napa Valley and I'd heard and read about Fel and had no desire to step foot there, I was not a killer/PvP'r when I first started.

A few weeks into the game I met a very nice couple and after some time they invited me into their guild. Shortly thereafter Ty (Frank-N-Furter) was his char name...asked me if I would like a safe, guided tour of Fel. I felt comfortable enough with them to agree. To my surprise he logged out of his blue and met me with his wife in Fel on his Red character and my first tour of Fel was Despise. I died almost instantly and we all had a good laugh, I ran through the rest of the dungeon in grey, was rezzed and met some very nice people. the Reds back then only killed when they had to...during spawns and raids..but in town or elsewhere were just like the *normal blue folk* lol. Sure a few of them were gankers and PK'rs but overall Fel was just as nice as Tram and it was nice having more then Tram/Malas to do my hunting in.

I would love to see Fel as a place where anyone can go without fear of getting *pwnd* just because they are in Fel, as Wenchkin said...it's sad to see a whole facet in disarray due to that fact.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they feel the entire facet requires them to be battle ready and capable of defending against a gank in or out of the city, it'll deter all but the most suicidal from even coming for a look. So ultimately even from a PvPer perspective I think this is a system which is going to shoot Fel in the foot. It's not just about me as a player not wanting to be disrupted, it's about what is best for Fel long term and seeing beyond the desire for a fight into what the effects of a system are on the wider community.
Even VvV participants like me know that certain cities are now off-limits to my crafters. I'm not going to outfit a crafter to survive an attack he might not live through anyway, all because a city might become a guard-free zone any minute while I'm bribing BODs, nor is it worth the time to log and off VvV characters to see what city is currently active.

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering how bitterly I've heard PvPers complain about 20 minute stat loss, and those were players participating in factions... that's kinda funny. Go somewhere else for 20 mins, hide out for 2 hrs... heh when I suggested going somewhere else and having some coffee during stat, to some PvPers it was like setting fire to the log pile. They wanted to fight, now, then if they lost they wanted to get back in there immediately.

I was always happy to do the 20 mins time, make a coffee and chat with guildies. But the difference there was I was signed up to participate in the system. And my fun wasn't at the expense of someone else being told to leave the city or being flagged orange when they didn't want to be. My desire for a fun fight is no more important than another's desire to sort their bank box or smelt ore or whatever they choose to do. By existing alongside each other, there is more opportunity to make new friends, to trade and to simply have fun. Or there was.

I hope one day someone on the dev team realises the cities in Fel are now pretty wasted and the lost opportunities they missed for making Fel a facet for all kinds of players, not just the PvPers. Because those other activities alongside PvPers give some players the interest and confidence to try PvP for themselves. If they feel the entire facet requires them to be battle ready and capable of defending against a gank in or out of the city, it'll deter all but the most suicidal from even coming for a look. So ultimately even from a PvPer perspective I think this is a system which is going to shoot Fel in the foot. It's not just about me as a player not wanting to be disrupted, it's about what is best for Fel long term and seeing beyond the desire for a fight into what the effects of a system are on the wider community.

Wenchy
The bitter complaints you heard about 20 minute stat was from a loud vocalized minority.. Just like you are being because to the average player this really isn't an issue. Not every faction PvPer complained about stat loss, just the ones spamming in general chat and the small % of the playerbase that uses stratics. I really doubt even 20% of the playerbase uses Fel cities consistently.. If anything they are actually used more now. Do you know how many times I recalled into Fel Skara Bank the past year or two and saw someone? Maybe three or four times, and this is on Atlantic. I have never seen so many players in the past few weeks actually using the fel Cities thanks to VvV. Even ATL guilds that were never considered PvPers are even branching out into VvV.

The players aren't being severely disrupted, its just you and maybe a few other people who are too stubborn to switch over to a different city which takes literally 2-4 seconds if you have a rune w/ recall. You could have always been killed in Fel cities w/ guard zone. If 3-4 reds ran up to you and all synched a flamestrike on what I'm assuming is your crafter... Then they could have killed you easily without your consent. Because thats what Fel is, a non-consent zone. Fel will never be a facet for all kinds of players, thats why they made Trammel facets.

If you want to find out what city is currently active, you'll get a warning as soon as you step or or you can ask general chat. Want to bribe tailor npcs for bods in Fel? Recall in Moonglow, oh no VvV is active! Recall to Britian instead and bribe the tailor there, or Trinsic, or Ocllo, or Skara, or etc etc etc etc

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bitter complaints you heard about 20 minute stat was from a loud vocalized minority.. Just like you are being because to the average player this really isn't an issue. Not every faction PvPer complained about stat loss, just the ones spamming in general chat and the small % of the playerbase that uses stratics. I really doubt even 20% of the playerbase uses Fel cities consistently.. If anything they are actually used more now. Do you know how many times I recalled into Fel Skara Bank the past year or two and saw someone? Maybe three or four times, and this is on Atlantic. I have never seen so many players in the past few weeks actually using the fel Cities thanks to VvV. Even ATL guilds that were never considered PvPers are even branching out into VvV.
You missed the point I was making. Let me put it another way. Fighting is more fun than waiting, or travelling elsewhere. The same goes for doing anything else. Being interrupted with the need to travel, hide or wait while you're trying to do something isn't anyone's choice of a fun afternoon gaming. I've yet to hear a PvPer longing for some extra time hiding out or travelling. So I'm not interested in how many PvPers complained about stat loss. It was simply making the point that we log in to do stuff, not to be interrupted :D

Turning cities into glorified instanced fighting arenas is a waste, it took something useful and made it into a bunch of props for PvPers to run around.
The players aren't being severely disrupted, its just you and maybe a few other people who are too stubborn to switch over to a different city which takes literally 2-4 seconds if you have a rune w/ recall. You could have always been killed in Fel cities w/ guard zone. If 3-4 reds ran up to you and all synched a flamestrike on what I'm assuming is your crafter... Then they could have killed you easily without your consent. Becauseng thats what Fel is, a non-consent zone. Fel will never be a facet for all kinds of players, thats why they made Trammel facets.
It's not a case of being too stubborn to move cities, it's about realising how stupid it is that a city cannot be used as such because someone wants to do some fighting. And how dumb it is that the cities of Fel are more dangerous than the dungeons ;) Of course players could be killed in cites before, just as we had thieves and other risks too. I was around through plenty of that. But at least at that time you weren't being flagged for 2 hours or told to leave the city so someone could fight. Back then the devs were able to have PvPers and non PvPers in the same space without having a panic attack about a stray tailor in the battle zone. I'm flattered that my sewing kits are so fearsome that I must be ejected from the city, I really am.
If you want to find out what city is currently active, you'll get a warning as soon as you step or or you can ask general chat. Want to bribe tailor npcs for bods in Fel? Recall in Moonglow, oh no VvV is active! Recall to Britian instead and bribe the tailor there, or Trinsic, or Ocllo, or Skara, or etc etc etc etc
Like I hadn't figured that out by now....heh.

Wenchy

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

Crystal
Jade
Obsidian

That's awesome. GMed begging yesterday :D So when do I get to Trick or Treat on Great Lakes???