• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 87 TC!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Nothing but at least that takes any effort at all. Though if you want to remove that clause too I am all for it.
Not at all. I like it as it is on TC. If someone choose to join VvV, they should be able to risk an attack.
Lets see how bad it goes. The ones who will abuse the system, will always find a way, the losers here will be the traders quest runners and the crafters if it get changed back.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So a blue ganks me and disappears for two hours and I have no retribution. If I attack them when they re-appear two hours later they are blue and I am the one who gets the murder count. I understand you are thinking in terms of Siege and maybe it should be different on Siege. On production this doesn't make as much sense. "innocents" will get the option to teleport out of town now, that seems enough to me.
It takes an awful lot of counts before you are flagged red as a murderer. I don't think this scenario you are presenting is going to happen all that frequently. Perhaps never for the average player.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, as someone who has always played a thief...I almost always forget that people actually give counts when they are killed. Want to ruin a red's day...don't give them a count..la

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes an awful lot of counts before you are flagged red as a murderer. I don't think this scenario you are presenting is going to happen all that frequently. Perhaps never for the average player.
You underestimate a griefers desire to grief, then. At spawns a blue will bless a creature to go grey and then walk into a spawner's whirlwind or wither so they flag on them, then kill them without penalty. People will use this to grief VvV participants too. That is why they put the flagging rules in, in the first place because faction players were griefed by non-faction characters. These non-faction characters were usually alts of faction players they fought. If there isn't adequate effort involved in unflagging orange then VvV participants will be griefed more.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, as someone who has always played a thief...I almost always forget that people actually give counts when they are killed. Want to ruin a red's day...don't give them a count..la
Agreed, reds rarely get counts but blues who flag and kill do get counts because it is known they are forking over the dough to stay blue so the counts actually matter. In my example if a non-VvV red kills me I couldn't care less about giving them a count. Its non-VvV blues I'd like to have some kind of consequence.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When Siege was new and we had a lot of players, we had a system, Evil/Hero, that worked much like this for evil, except it was a little harder to be evil than being VvV.
A blue attacking Evil would be grey to Evil for 20 min, also for looting an evil body. The evil could kill blue without getting counts but he could not loot a blue body.
The Heroes was not allowed to attack blue, only grey, Evil and red. I don't remember any evil complaining about blue ganking them and then be blue 20 min later. Yes they could still attack blue, but they could not loot them to get their stuff back.

I don't think blue attacking VvV is a big issue

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Siege was new and we had a lot of players, we had a system, Evil/Hero, that worked much like this for evil, except it was a little harder to be evil than being VvV.
A blue attacking Evil would be grey to Evil for 20 min, also for looting an evil body. The evil could kill blue without getting counts but he could not loot a blue body.
The Heroes was not allowed to attack blue, only grey, Evil and red. I don't remember any evil complaining about blue ganking them and then be blue 20 min later. Yes they could still attack blue, but they could not loot them to get their stuff back.

I don't think blue attacking VvV is a big issue
You are welcome to that opinion and it may be so on Siege. My not agreeing with you doesn't invalidate your opinion nor make your knowledge of retired systems any less accurate.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One of the VvV rewards are Royal Forged Pardon • Will remove all murder counts a player has.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the VvV rewards are Royal Forged Pardon • Will remove all murder counts a player has.
One of the VvV rewards are decorative tiles. There is a rumor that owning one makes you a better PvPer but it hasn't worked for me, yet. What is your point in relation to the topic discussed?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One of the VvV rewards are decorative tiles. There is a rumor that owning one makes you a better PvPer but it hasn't worked for me, yet. What is your point in relation to the topic discussed?
My point is, what do a few murderer count mean, if you can get rewards, that will remove them all. True I don't know how hard it is to get this Royal Forged Pardon, what it will cost in silver point.
Sorry I just feel it would be wrong to changes it back. VvV players are not the only ones who use Felucca. I have been red for 10 years, I could not give counts, thieves did not even go grey for stealing from me. I had been red both on Siege and on Felucca.
I just feel, the VvV players will be ok, 2 hours will feel very long time for a crafter or a traders runner, who will want to go on with his doing. In my opinion, 20 min would had been better so 2 hour give you a little more time to kill the one who killed you.
I believe I got my point out so I will back of now, sorry I made you mad.:grouphug:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe I got my point out so I will back of now, sorry I made you mad.:grouphug:
No worries you didn't make me mad, I try not to get on the bad side of vampires.

I just saw so much complaining from the "innocent" crafters and questers who were so afraid of being orange I thought perhaps it was time for a different perspective. My guess is the scenarios I typed out will happen just as much as an actual crafter or quester getting killed by a VvV participant.

In fact on my shard an innocent had to request in general chat that someone meet and kill him so "he would stop being orange" because he couldn't find anyone to kill him.

Tranquility

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Bleak @Kyronix
Disabled icons no longer prevent users from using spells/skills/actions on hotbar

This is also untrue, the problem is MUCH WORSE now. I've had my backpack icon grey out for no apparent reason, as well as other random icons. DISABLE THIS "FEATURE" ENTIRELY.
Disable Icons is actually a nice feature if they can get it to function properly. I like seeing the icon become visible when I had sufficient mana to exectute spells or special moves.

I don't like the fact that my backpack is greyed out on one of my characters everytime I log in.

95% of the time I've had issues which hotbars greying out has been when my character has died; I'm forced to log in/out to fix the issue.

It's annoying occurrence but if they can get it to work as intended it's a rather nifty feature imo.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm all for it if they could get it to work, right now, I just want to be able to play without resetting the UI every five minutes :p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug Fixes

Some situations where traps and locks were being applied to containers inside of City & Justice regions will no longer happen. ((existing trapped and locked containers will not be affected until their traps and/or locks have been removed)
I tried to test this "bug fix" on TC 1 just now to see if it extended to the chests on merchant ships. Took a lot of sailing around and wasted time trying to find a merchant ship because tracking works so sporadically. However, I did finally find a merchant ship to test this on.

The chests on the deck of the merchant ship were locked and double-trapped.

Now I don't know if perhaps I ran across a merchant ship that spawned on TC1 BEFORE this publish or if it is indeed the intent of the dev team for these chests to now be locked and require lockpicking skill to open them, in spite of saying several weeks ago that this was an unintended change in the last publish.

Could we please get clarification as to whether this is definitely a permanent change that you must now use lockpicking skill to open the crates/chests on merchant ships? And will this change also permanently apply to pirate ship chests/crates?

Thank you.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop rate is insanely low, It's like they copied the blackthorns dungeon drop rate over. Blackthorns dungeon is an unlimted event while Halloween last for a few weeks. Doesn't make to much sense. Either raise it to the TOT or introduce a power house of drops per day then after that hr it reduces back to the regular rate. They say luck affects the drops but again I tested it pretty good and saw no difference with luck or without

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked on TC1 and spawning dungeon chests are still double-trapped; barrels in Bucs Den blacksmith shop are still locked; and chests in Luna are still locked.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the respawn rate seems to have been increased drastically because of this (on test anyways). It is just like blackthorn dungeon, pretty much instant respawn at death. will still be a huge mess on larger shards, unless they drop in gauntlet and people just run the circles.
There will be too many people doing this to make it possible..... Doom is NOT a big dungeon..... it has 1 level..... one... it is NOT big by any means. It does NOT have that much spawn in it to begin with.... and you put 30+ people down there farming and it's just going to be a lag fest. I'm seeing this is going to be filled with griefers and just a big cluster **** worse than Treasures of Tokuno... And if the drop rate isn't increased I see no point in wasting time with it. Not going to be something that will promote community or anything and... if anything it's only going to make a bunch of folk irritated more than anything. What it will do is once again promote AFK scripting, multibox afk macro scripting and so on.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i put on 3200 luck and went into doom and killed 60+ of those big blue demons and didnt see one arty.
by that point i was bored to death and quit.

so either the drop rate needs to be TURNED ON or INCREASED...... drastically!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will be too many people doing this to make it possible..... Doom is NOT a big dungeon..... it has 1 level..... one... it is NOT big by any means. It does NOT have that much spawn in it to begin with.... and you put 30+ people down there farming and it's just going to be a lag fest. I'm seeing this is going to be filled with griefers and just a big cluster **** worse than Treasures of Tokuno... And if the drop rate isn't increased I see no point in wasting time with it. Not going to be something that will promote community or anything and... if anything it's only going to make a bunch of folk irritated more than anything. What it will do is once again promote AFK scripting, multibox afk macro scripting and so on.

You are really exaggerating.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I'm not. I'm being realistic. You ought to try it sometime.
Um, who in this thread has agreed with any of your points?

Doom is a fair sized dungeon (I'd say the Abyss, Hythloth, and Shame are bigger but that's about it. The number of levels is irrelevant).

Second, there is a ton of spawn there and it's mixed up well enough that there's always something strong enough to kill a dragon or sampire that is sitting there afk.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Um, who in this thread has agreed with any of your points?

Doom is a fair sized dungeon (I'd say the Abyss, Hythloth, and Shame are bigger but that's about it. The number of levels is irrelevant).

Second, there is a ton of spawn there and it's mixed up well enough that there's always something strong enough to kill a dragon or sampire that is sitting there afk.
With EVERYONE on the shard wanting and waiting to do this there will NOT be plenty of spawn..... there will not be any spawn.... nor will there be any point.... and if you get a big bunch of folk doing the demon room you will be crashing the server every 5 min.... has no one thought about this??? I can't be the only one forseeing disaster with this idea. But whatever... maybe the shard you play on sucks and has no one on it and you won't have to worry about it. But the shard I'm on Doom is going to be so packed that NO ONE will be doing enough killing to get any sort of drop.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am thinking of Lord British's visit to Test Center a few moments ago. I think there were more than a few dozens of people. I didn't stay all night long because it was boring as hel. But noone told me about a shard crash.

Dear MalagAste, what leads you to the assumption that a few dozens of players will cause a shard crash?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am thinking of Lord British's visit to Test Center a few moments ago. I think there were more than a few dozens of people. I didn't stay all night long because it was boring as hel. But noone told me about a shard crash.

Dear MalagAste, what leads you to the assumption that a few dozens of players will cause a shard crash?
Mal is commenting i believe on the dark gaurdians in doom. For each person/critter in the room 2 dark guardians appear. I actually take 5 packys down there and pop 12 at a time. Now if 10 people did that at once thats 120 instant spawn. Could certainly be interesting.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well if you were to take a few dozen players with said packys you could get a few hundred to spawn at once. Not sure if that would crash the server but it would certainly be interesting.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well if you were to take a few dozen players with said packys you could get a few hundred to spawn at once. Not sure if that would crash the server but it would certainly be interesting.
Tell me the time and shard and I'll try to be there! ^^

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there's a maximum that will spawn btw so you're wasting your time

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Considering it's still early, and they still have to read through all the posts here to see if things need to be tweaked and how...might wanna give it some time, say *Hope ya'll had a good weekend* not *OMG My life has ended until we get this patch* :danceb:lol love that dancing broccoli.

I haven't done the VvV thing but I have spent many hours in Doom on Test and only have gotten one drop...still not sure what to do with the clay pots? But things need to be looked at and tweaked before it even gets to Origin though I am impatient to start training my dog again on rotters AND have a chance to get some goodies :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Reason I asked was they said they were doing something with vendor search. Stuff on my vendor showed up yesterday but not today. So I'm glad they haven't published any fixes yet, lol. Had they published then vendor search was going to be worse than it was lol.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With EVERYONE on the shard wanting and waiting to do this there will NOT be plenty of spawn..... there will not be any spawn.... nor will there be any point.... and if you get a big bunch of folk doing the demon room you will be crashing the server every 5 min.... has no one thought about this??? I can't be the only one forseeing disaster with this idea. But whatever... maybe the shard you play on sucks and has no one on it and you won't have to worry about it. But the shard I'm on Doom is going to be so packed that NO ONE will be doing enough killing to get any sort of drop.
I play on atl & gl thanks and not everyone is "wanting and waiting" to spend hours pvming in doom. Further, there are plenty of places to work spawn other than the demon room...

On day one it'll be crowded and laggy. After a few weeks it'll probably be fairly open. Thus is the nature of new UO content.

So far it looks like you're the only one foreseeing disaster...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on atl & gl thanks and not everyone is "wanting and waiting" to spend hours pvming in doom. Further, there are plenty of places to work spawn other than the demon room...

On day one it'll be crowded and laggy. After a few weeks it'll probably be fairly open. Thus is the nature of new UO content.

After a few weeks it will be turned off so... Hence all the complaints.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

In a few weeks it'll be OVER as will Halloween. I am foreseeing disaster.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought we were getting the patch today? I assume that didn't happen.
This publish has way to many issues and failings to be pushed out today. Maybe next week if they fix things quickly.

I have spent many hours in Doom on Test and only have gotten one drop...
Feel lucky! This is better than most of us have gotten. Its a total fail for a "limited time" event though.

@Kyronix What happened to not giving us more grinds?

still not sure what to do with the clay pots
Double clicking gives you a hint. ;)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This publish has way to many issues and failings to be pushed out today. Maybe next week if they fix things quickly.

Feel lucky! This is better than most of us have gotten. Its a total fail for a "limited time" event though.

Based on the reports in this thread, the drop rate is not working as intended. I've been on vacation for the past few days, so will have to take a look as to what's going on...thanks for the reports everyone! :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on the reports in this thread, the drop rate is not working as intended. I've been on vacation for the past few days, so will have to take a look as to what's going on...thanks for the reports everyone! :)
Neat; thank you.

-Galen's player

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
See? Told you to be patient..thanks Kyronix yous da best :)

And yes we've noticed the drop rate is not working as intended...at least we HOPE not lol :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is this event only going to run through Halloween? October is half gone already...

Rolo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Kyronix, can you confirm the trade order drops rate is working for the fc 1 mempo?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I tried double-clicking...that's the first thing I did and nothing happens...*sighs* Is that broken too?

And I'm sure with the delay of the issues with the publish on test they will extend the event time to compensate :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can't pick them up...do you have to have stealing? I have to find my soulstone with stealing on it if you do.....DRAT! :/ Too many darn skills lol

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't pick them up...do you have to have stealing? I have to find my soulstone with stealing on it if you do.....DRAT! :/ Too many darn skills lol
Um, don't need to look for that soulstone on TC dear, it's just a command away "set stealing 1200" :p

Btw, I've broken the vase and now asks for a 'skilled scribe' to restore it, any clues?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah thankfully it's on test..I set my scribe to GM and it still says the same thing....I have no clue how to restore those things...GAH!