• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86 to Origin and Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Sep 22 18:32 GMT

We are publishing Publish 86 to Origin and Izumo today. We have already given a 30 minute server shut down warning. Below are the additional changes we have made since we published TC1.

• Fixed issue where the altar tracking arrow could get stuck.

• Added durability & antique VvV artifacts, epaulettes and robes.

• Players who place, their guild mates, and allies will always be able to passively detect traps regardless of detecting hidden skill.

• The sigil can no longer be put in the bank.

• Increased the insurance rate for VvV equipment to 2,000gp.

• The first time a player joins VvV they will receive 2,000 silver points. Each successive time a player joins their silver points will be set to 500.

It is possible you may experience two cliloc errors when attempting to place the VvV sigil into a bank or when trying to access the VvV Silver Trader without ever having been a VvV player.

Continue reading...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed ratman at Ilshenar on Origin. It had some gp in loot, plain bracelet, plain double axe, iron key and shaft. No new loot at all :eyes:
Ratman mages do have new loot.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction removal message my faction thief saw upon logging in:

faction removal message.jpg

Looks like the alliance our faction guild was in is still in place. My thief does still have trap removal kits in her backpack. Doesn't use faction arties, so no idea how those have fared.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a cliloc error in the corrupted portal instruction book where presumably Blackthorne's Dungeon would be listed.

corrupted portal book.jpg

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edited to add: I take that back. Found something that's cursed.
hahaha. Yeah, that's still there. It's "Can't be Repaired" they got rid of.

@Kyronix: will "legacy" items (basically, anything with the Brittle/Can't be repaired properties) be retcon'd to reflect the new changes? I pulled some "Can't be Repaired" stuff out of Wrong a while back & I threw it in my house, in anticipation of pub 86 changing their durability & making them repairable.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks drcossack and Nex! I was finding no cursed items on a bunch of bodies. Thought it was gone. LOL

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow that's overkill. That's not a bracelet I'd ever use, especially at that price! I don't remember what all "prized" entails. But I hope other items don't cost that much!
Yeah. I have to leave until later tonight, but will let you know if I find any more prized items and what their insurance cost is. Hopefully you'll be able to get on yourself. Hoping we'll be able to talk as a guild soon regarding VvV too, as it's finally here to really play with....

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda like the concept of high dollar insurance. Gonna wear the super stuff, gotta pay da man. Can't afford it, play in homemade stuff like me :p

Good goldsink!

Well I don't have enough gold for it. If I'm already paying for the materials or time to gather and craft, then that's enough of a sink for me. Having really high insurance will just insure that the rich have the best things even more than they do.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
factions is dead, all those years ago we signed up with promises of helping our king and saving our lands from the evil of all men's sins.

now its gone and we didnt even get a t-shirt or statue to put up in our houses.
not even a sword hued in our beloved TB colors to hang on the wall.

nothing left but memories.
ah but what good memories those are!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone found heavy jewelry 50 stones weight?
There is a new penalty mod that increases the weight of an item, but the mod does not appear on the item. This penalty mod is called "unwieldly."

As a review, all new items will spawn only with one of the following:

• Brittle – Cannot have powder of fortification applied to the item
  • Prized – Item insurance cost is increased, cannot be blessed
  • Massive – Increased strength requirement
  • Unwieldy – Increased item weight
  • Cursed – Cannot be insured or blessed
  • Antique – Increased durability loss, can be powdered 3 times. Each powder will reduce max durability to 250, 200, and 150 respectively. Can be repaired.
For more information, consult:
http://uo2.stratics.com/posts/46899

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thoroughly disappointed in the devs once again for not only delaying the publish to Origin, but delaying the launch of the new UI for the EC which was supposed to release with the publish on Origin, with no mention but a single post on the sixth page of a thread on Stratics.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2240 to insure a "prized" bracelet like this:

View attachment 24418

(Got that while wearing 1780 luck off a gray goblin in the Underworld.)
Considering this item is off a goblin, that's a fairly useful item (saves you on some imbuing ingredients). I hope to get better off of a Greater Mongbat, however. Do you think I will be able to do that with 2,000 luck? ;) I do not intend to hunt anything else if so.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thoroughly disappointed in the devs once again for not only delaying the publish to Origin, but delaying the launch of the new UI for the EC which was supposed to release with the publish on Origin, with no mention but a single post on the sixth page of a thread on Stratics.
They did delay the publish to Origin. It was supposed to be published last week.

From the State of UO, they have hired at least three players including Pinco now to create content. I also have to add, Kryonix--a former player himself--has done a great job adding content since his hire. I wouldn't worry too much about the Broadsword era Ultima crew abandoning the EC UI or any would be fan ideas. Keep in mind there were one or two EC bugs that may need to be addressed--like a PvP stealth bug related to Pinco's UI--which probably delayed the EC UI.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They did delay the publish to Origin. It was supposed to be published last week.

From the State of UO, they have hired at least three players including Pinco now to create content. I also have to add, Kryonix--a former player himself--has done a great job adding content since his hire. I wouldn't worry too much about the Broadsword era Ultima crew abandoning the EC UI or any would be fan ideas. Keep in mind there were one or two EC bugs that may need to be addressed--like a PvP stealth bug related to Pinco's UI--which probably delayed the EC UI.
Yes, I know they did.... And it came out today instead. The UI was supposed to come out last week with it, but... did not come out today instead. And they didn't communicate that very well at all.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some updates on changes if you are in factions:

Went to bed Commanding Lord and all towns controlled by TB (sorry Nonel I stole the position at the midnight hour :) Purchased a bunch of faction gear to see what would happen. Placed Guards in Brit and vendors...

As expected: Commanding Lord Title gone, Guards are gone, vendors are gone.. Faction items remain but can no longer be equipped as I lack the rank to wear them. I can still ride my horse but have not dismounted to test if I can remount.

As Tina Mentioned our Faction Guild Alliance remains. Old items with multiple negatives are unchanged. Soon to join VvV and continue the fight against evil..... I'll see how that effects alliance as Alliance Leader.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I know they did.... And it came out today instead. The UI was supposed to come out last week with it, but... did not come out today instead. And they didn't communicate that very well at all.
Eh, I guess you're right. I know a lot of people were wanting that more than anything else. I just think they wouldnt have delayed it if not for bugs.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't place anything on Origin but just wanted to say the bar art/lantern looks really nice, as does the broadsword. Maybe redundant given the broadsword specific wall hanger, but cool stuff.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eh, I guess you're right. I know a lot of people were wanting that more than anything else. I just think they wouldnt have delayed it if not for bugs.
Yes, but, well... When have they ever found bugs on their own?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I can't place anything on Origin but just wanted to say the bar art/lantern looks really nice, as does the broadsword. Maybe redundant given the broadsword specific wall hanger, but cool stuff.
deco is nice, usable items are nice too.
couple of soulstone frag tokens would have been pimptastic, even a couple of those heritage tokens would have been a nice stocking stuffer for the Anv. swag bag.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can still ride my horse but have not dismounted to test if I can remount.
You are safe, you can no longer rez them without vet but otherwise the old faction mounts seem unchanged. You can use them just fine. I am just fine on my (former) CoM horse.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the old faction horses able to be transfered? I have one of each on one character. I'd like to spread those out across my account now if I won't be able to after the publish hits.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
deco is nice, usable items are nice too.
couple of soulstone frag tokens would have been pimptastic, even a couple of those heritage tokens would have been a nice stocking stuffer for the Anv. swag bag.
listen to what youre saying, though. stocking stuffer :p hey man it's SEPTEMBER! haha still time to ask away before December.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the old faction horses able to be transfered? I have one of each on one character. I'd like to spread those out across my account now if I won't be able to after the publish hits.

Somewhere in one of the more recent sets of publish notes, I'm pretty sure there was something that said the former faction warhorses cannot be transferred after the publish. So transfer them around now while you still can (other than on Origin and Izumo)! Hopefully they'll bond when the week's wait is up. However, you might want to invest in and use pet bonding potion before the publish just to be 100% sure.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow that's overkill. That's not a bracelet I'd ever use, especially at that price! I don't remember what all "prized" entails. But I hope other items don't cost that much!
This is a quite common item, nothing special. BUT: To wear a prized suit is a fantastic gold sink ;-)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't have enough gold for it. If I'm already paying for the materials or time to gather and craft, then that's enough of a sink for me. Having really high insurance will just insure that the rich have the best things even more than they do.
I did a really quick comparison check of the insurance cost on a few items I have on Origin or Izumo versus those items on shards that haven't had this publish yet and didn't find anything that was drastically different. Unfortunately, none of what I have to check on is very uber, so who knows how much it will now cost to insure the real artifacts or heavily weighted imbued or reforged items.

- Etoile Bleue (the older luck jewelry from cleanup system): Still 329 gold to insure either the ring or the bracelet. No change here.
- Sorcerer's Suit - Still 600 gold to insure each piece. No change here.
- Butchers War Cleaver - 189 gold post-publish vs. 110 gold. (This difference might, however, be because of something else like durability, exceptional vs. nonexceptional in the ones I looked at and not because of increased insurance cost.)
- Swords of Prosperity - 880 gold post-publish vs. 800 gold on an unpublished shard

You might want to copy any characters that you're worried about having a hefty jump in insurance to TC1 and see how much insurance for those characters costs there.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, on two separate goblin corpses now, mixed in with other items that do have magical properties on them, I've spotted a war fork with no properties and a ring with no properties. My tamer has 1380 luck, so I don't think this is happening because she's lacking in luck. Is this to be expected or is it a bug? I've never seen goblins have these items before as something they usually drop with no properties on them.

Edited to add: Add a bracelet with no properties to that list.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, is there any way there could be some consistency in which line on an item you see properties like "Antique," "Prized," etc.? I am seeing pieces of jewelry where these properties are on the 3rd line and some where it is on the 2nd line and yet they have the same number of lines of properties.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, on two separate goblin corpses now, mixed in with other items that do have magical properties on them, I've spotted a war fork with no properties and a ring with no properties. My tamer has 1380 luck, so I don't think this is happening because she's lacking in luck. Is this to be expected or is it a bug? I've never seen goblins have these items before as something they usually drop with no properties on them.
There are situations where mobs that had non magical loot as part of their templates will continue to do so. What is the location of the mobs you encountered?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are situations where mobs that had non magical loot as part of their templates will continue to do so. What is the location of the mobs you encountered?
Underworld before you get to the wolf spiders. I've been saving the no-property items in a "dusty explorer's backpack" in my tamer's backpack if you need to look at them.

Also, it looks like you've either tethered some mobs down here to fixed locations and they're being yanked on hard by their leashes or you gave some of them teleport ability. Something new?

Edited to add: Had to run for a rez because I wasn't paying enough attention. But now have 2 rings, one bracelet, one human war fork, and one female plate with no properties on them. Have never seen goblins in this location drop those items before with no properties on them.

Edited to add: Dual pointed spear, no properties. Studded bustier, no properties. Another bracelet, platemail gorget, and gargish daisho with no properties.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was just out mucking around on Origin.
pulled a repeating bow that has a STR requirement of 125 on it.
no where on it does it say massive or anything, just the uber high str requirement.

also pulled a bardalich that has 140% durability.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I saw that prepatch in Wrong. Some of the lizardmen items were non-magical, but most were magical.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, here are more monster types that are randomly dropping items that have no magical properties on them. Most corpses of these types of monsters have had magical properties on every piece of jewelry, armor, or weapon that dropped in the corpse. However, every so often, a corpse will come up with one or two items in it that have no magical properties at all. These were all located in the area east of the Honor moongate in Ilshenar, south of the gargoyle mining camp, around the lava area and the building sort of SW of it that has the lich, ghoul/shade, and zombie spawn. I'm using a greater dragon and my tamer has 1380 luck on her suit.

Earth elementals - Killed maybe 10-12 of these and one had a composite bow with no magical properties and two had chainmail tunics with no magical properties.
Zombies - Killed maybe 20-25 of these and three of them had items with no magical properties: (1) chainmail coif; (2) platemail helm; (3) double bladed staff and a ring.
Paragon ghoul - Pike with no magical properties.
Ghouls/shades - Killed maybe 20-25 of these and seven of them had items with no magical properties: viking sword; two with halberds; kryss; gnarled staff; lance; platemail tunic.

All the liches looked okay, i.e., every item they dropped that could have magical properties had magical properties on it.

Also killed some of the enslaved gargoyles and a paragon juggernaut and those were okay as well. Imps seemed okay, although many of them dropped no items with magical properties.