• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86 to Origin and Izumo

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, here are more monster types that are randomly dropping items that have no magical properties on them. Most corpses of these types of monsters have had magical properties on every piece of jewelry, armor, or weapon that dropped in the corpse. However, every so often, a corpse will come up with one or two items in it that have no magical properties at all. These were all located in the area east of the Honor moongate in Ilshenar, south of the gargoyle mining camp, around the lava area and the building sort of SW of it that has the lich, ghoul/shade, and zombie spawn. I'm using a greater dragon and my tamer has 1380 luck on her suit.

Earth elementals - Killed maybe 10-12 of these and one had a composite bow with no magical properties and two had chainmail tunics with no magical properties.
Zombies - Killed maybe 20-25 of these and three of them had items with no magical properties: (1) chainmail coif; (2) platemail helm; (3) double bladed staff and a ring.
Paragon ghoul - Pike with no magical properties.
Ghouls/shades - Killed maybe 20-25 of these and seven of them had items with no magical properties: viking sword; two with halberds; kryss; gnarled staff; lance; platemail tunic.

All the liches looked okay, i.e., every item they dropped that could have magical properties had magical properties on it.

Also killed some of the enslaved gargoyles and a paragon juggernaut and those were okay as well. Imps seemed okay, although many of them dropped no items with magical properties.
How fast are you killing the creatures?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is how it's supposed to be. Some creatures drop non magical items in the same way as they drop stuff like plates of cookies and balls of yarn.
I just killed a shade on Europa that had 2 magical items and 1 plain double bladed staff.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How fast are you killing the creatures?
Not very fast, as I'm opening every corpse and looking at every item inside of them (using Classic Client, so there's lots of shoving stuff around) and picking up gems and reagents too.

I'm slow enough at looting to probably make most people start getting very itchy very fast to "just get moving!"

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is how it's supposed to be. Some creatures drop non magical items in the same way as they drop stuff like plates of cookies and balls of yarn.
I just killed a shade on Europa that had 2 magical items and 1 plain double bladed staff.
Maybe so. In any event, I'll just keep passing along the info. Seemed strange, though, on one of the zombies to have TWO items (a weapon and a ring) with no properties.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the red hair, Kyronix. Thanks for stopping by and looking at the new loot in the new location with no properties. I should be around there for a while, with a few trips to the bank.

Looks like Origin has a new advisor as well. Welcome Vesta!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, no properties on gargish tessen form an undead guardian and no properties on a gargish cleaver from a silver serpent. Hopefully that's enough for you to go on for now.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One silver serpent with both a shortblade and a gargish bracelet with no magical properties. Going to stop the reporting now. Hehe. Can't keep up with the GD.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix, I may have missed the explanation somewhere, but when is comes to Paragon chests, is it the luck of the person / party that killed the creature, or the luck of the lockpick that pops the chest effecting the loot inside?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix, I may have missed the explanation somewhere, but when is comes to Paragon chests, is it the luck of the person / party that killed the creature, or the luck of the lockpick that pops the chest effecting the loot inside?
It's the luck of the person/party killing the creature when the chest drops, as the items are known in the chest before the lock is picked.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, any chests collected pre-publish and popped after will have no properties? We shall soon see

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, any chests collected pre-publish and popped after will have no properties? We shall soon see
That's correct, or it will have the old loot generated properties. just as it does if you kill something on any shards other than Izumo, Origin, or TC1, IE: not "a lesser magic item - Legendary Artifact" properties on the item(s) in question.

Edit: The Treasure maps in existing paragon chests should have the new loot in them if you wait to dig them up after the publish goes live, (not 100% positive on this, but it should work that way.)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two observations about the trader's quest:

(1) The maps in the Grand Atlas are going to be invaluable for finding NPC shops to fill your orders! (http://uo2.stratics.com/maps-and-locations/cities-towns) I knew I had to buy cake in Jhelom when I got there with my first order but honestly couldn't remember where the bakery was. It was nice to pull up the map showing NPC shops in Jhelom, with their coordinates included, and just use a sextant and walk right to it!

(2) Slim's note was still in my character's backpack after turning in the order. I was able to remove it from my character's backpack and lock it down. Will it stay permanently and will I get a new note each time or is getting the note a once-per-character occurrence?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

(1) The maps in the Grand Atlas are going to be invaluable for finding NPC shops to fill your orders! (http://uo2.stratics.com/maps-and-locations/cities-towns) I knew I had to buy cake in Jhelom when I got there with my first order but honestly couldn't remember where the bakery was. It was nice to pull up the map showing NPC shops in Jhelom, with their coordinates included, and just use a sextant and walk right to it!

(2) Slim's note was still in my character's backpack after turning in the order. I was able to remove it from my character's backpack and lock it down. Will it stay permanently and will I get a new note each time or is getting the note a once-per-character occurrence?
That sounds neat being able to keep Slims note. I often like when you can do a quest or chose not to complete the quest and keep the item.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Slim's note is his gift to you. You can cherish it forever!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Kyronix, you can ride someone else's war steed. Also you can drop arties on NPCs and sell them.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MWAHAHA too late
So it IS tomorrow. OMG, I CAN'T WAIT. I'm gonna start things off tomorrow by chaining Fel Melisande. Already got 6 Dryad's Blessings I need to use (the oldest expires on Thursday); it's unfortunate that I can't solo her in my luck suit though. haha.

@Kyronix: Any plans to make the VvV arties blessable? I just tried to use a Bless Deed on the Orny, which failed. Same with the Crimson Cincture.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any plans to make the VvV arties blessable? I just tried to use a Bless Deed on the Orny, which failed. Same with the Crimson Cincture.
I am thinking as they upped the insurance on faction arties to 2k per they want to enforce a cost to using them which is why they disallow blessing.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it IS tomorrow. OMG, I CAN'T WAIT. I'm gonna start things off tomorrow by chaining Fel Melisande. Already got 6 Dryad's Blessings I need to use (the oldest expires on Thursday); it's unfortunate that I can't solo her in my luck suit though. haha.

@Kyronix: Any plans to make the VvV arties blessable? I just tried to use a Bless Deed on the Orny, which failed. Same with the Crimson Cincture.
No, you will not be able to bless VvV arties.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing some MIBs on Origin with my fisher who has 775 luck. Just gotta say that the MIB chest loot quality is drastically, drastically lower than what I was seeing while hunting with my tamer, with 1380 luck on her suit, earlier in the day. Not sure if the difference is just from the difference in the luck on their suits or the source of the items. May swap their suits a little later after I get a few MIB chests for comparison.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got the suits swapped and the fisher is at 1355, so not quite 1380 (fisher can't use the swords of prosperity LOL) but hopefully close enough to be valid for comparison purposes. On my way now to do a chest. Maybe can get in 2 chests before I have to log out till later tonight.

Edited to add: Forgot she can touch a luck statue, so that'll make the test even better...maybe. Won't do the luck statue bump till tonight.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The loot from all 3 MIB chests is very poor compared to dungeon and overland loot that I got earlier in the day with only 25 more luck and using a tamer. All three chests are from Trammel and all three have 20k gold in them.

I will try some more this evening with the 1355 luck and then smack the luck statue and see if that helps any. (Still have about 20 more MIBs to work with.) Then, if time allows, I'll go out with the same suit (i.e., 1355 luck instead of the original 1380 so it is identical to what the fisher wore) on the tamer and do more overland and dungeon hunting. Lastly, will look up imbuing weights for as many items as I can. My gut feeling is, though, that the MIB loot is not par with dungeon and overland loot by a long shot. Not at all. It still "sucks."

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There also seems to be a small bug with special toggling, the icons for weapon specials stay highlighted red as if the special is active for the next attack, but they don't seem to reset sometimes... Also weapon specials toggle on, when you're below 70/70-90/90 require weapon skill & tactics, they still don't go off, but are highlighted as if they could.

Classic Client.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is it intentional for altered items to lose ownership tag?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are situations where mobs that had non magical loot as part of their templates will continue to do so. What is the location of the mobs you encountered?
why we're on this topic, when will gray/silver jewelry properly count towards cleanup points? :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So your saying don't bother doing MiB's stick to T-Maps.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for Kyronix: Is it intentional that when you try to unravel a container that includes items with the new "Antique" tag, you get the warning that the container contains items made with a special material? I've got a bag with only 3 items in it, each with the Antique tag on them, and get that message no matter which of the 3 antique items I put in the container or if all of them are in the container. None of them have been enhanced, altered, or imbued in any way. They're fresh from a fished-up chest.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a loot filter option? I killed a Lady mel and literally took me 10 minutes+ to sort through 99.99% junk. I see the appeal to using illegal programs to loot corpses.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the results from 9 MIB chests I fished up on Origin this afternoon and evening, in Trammel. For the first one, my fisher had 755 luck on her suit. For the next 4, she had 1355 luck. For the last 4, she had 1955 luck after touching a luck statue.

As my guildmates can attest, I tend to save looted items that many others would just pass by or unravel. However, there wasn't one single piece of loot in these 9 chests that I was even tempted to save. Not one.

Also, as you can see, the quality of the loot, as translated into relic fragments, enchanted essence, and magical residue from unraveling it, seemed to go steadily downhill with each chest. The information here is listed in the exact order that I fished up the chests today.

As I mentioned earlier today in another post, the MIB chest loot is terrible if you lay it side by side with loot you can now get on Origin from dungeon or overland mobs, at least with the amounts of luck I was using. I was so excited to think that maybe fishing to get MIBs and then getting the chests would be a worthwhile use of time, but I fear nothing has really changed and it's still pretty much a waste of time.

755 LUCK
- 20k gold, 5 minor magic items, 5 lesser magic items, 1 greater magic item, 1 spell channeling mage weapon wand. Yield when unraveled: 2 relic fragments, 9 essence, 19 residue.

1355 LUCK
- 20k gold, 7 minor magic items, 4 lesser magic items, 1 spell channeling mage weapon . Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 11 essence, 22 residue.

- 20k gold, 4 minor magic items, 8 lesser magic items, no wands. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 15 essence, 19 residue.

- 30k gold, 2 minor magic items, 10 lesser magic items, 3 greater magic items, 2 spell channeling mage weapon wands. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 27 essence, 17 residue.

- 30k gold, 2 minor magic items, 11 lesser magic items, 3 greater magic items, 2 spell channeling mage weapons. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 29 essence, 11 residue.

1955 LUCK
- 20k gold, 5 minor magic items, 7 lesser magic items. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 10 essence, 24 residue.

- 20k gold, 3 minor magic items, 9 lesser magic items. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 11 essence, 17 residue.

- 20k gold, 4 minor magic items, 9 lesser magic items. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 9 essence, 24 residue.

- 20k gold, 3 minor magic items, 5 lesser magic items, 1 greater magic item, 2 spell channeling mage weapon wands. Yield when unraveled: 0 relic fragments, 4 essence, 28 residue.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your saying don't bother doing MiB's stick to T-Maps.
Err, no. From what Poo tells me, treasure chest loot also looks exceedingly pathetic next to dungeon loot. See the thread he started about it earlier today.. I think he might be doing some more tonight after his kids go to bed.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a loot filter option? I killed a Lady mel and literally took me 10 minutes+ to sort through 99.99% junk. I see the appeal to using illegal programs to loot corpses.
The EC client with Pinco's UI sorts loot for you.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Anyone gotten a Paragon Chest yet? I killed A LOT of Ancient Lich (Paragon) today and not a single chest. While I have not actually went hunting in a pretty long time I am sure I would have gotten 10 or so in the past. Removing them from the game would actually be a neat move to turn them collectible. I did get several T-Maps though and in the past I noticed I was more likely to get a Chest with a map inside than a lone map on a Paragon.

I very well may have just been unlucky.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, finding multiple no-magical-property items on controller corpses, e.g., multiple pieces of jewelry, armor, weapons on one corpse have no magical properties.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logged in to Europa hour ago, no p86 yet. There was no maintenance or today is not tomorrow?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Err, no. From what Poo tells me, treasure chest loot also looks exceedingly pathetic next to dungeon loot. See the thread he started about it earlier today.. I think he might be doing some more tonight after his kids go to bed.
So...... Now your saying I'd be better off just throwing them away for points?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Kyronix, I wasn't going to report this but I noticed it in tc and was going to take advantage of it but you can instantly remount a war steed after being dismounted. Im hoping this intentional but I dont see it being likely.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Antique items aren't enhance-able, is this a bug or intended?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone gotten a Paragon Chest yet? I killed A LOT of Ancient Lich (Paragon) today and not a single chest. While I have not actually went hunting in a pretty long time I am sure I would have gotten 10 or so in the past. Removing them from the game would actually be a neat move to turn them collectible. I did get several T-Maps though and in the past I noticed I was more likely to get a Chest with a map inside than a lone map on a Paragon.

I very well may have just been unlucky.
I have gotten a chest from a blood elemental paragon earlier today, 1/5 paragons I killed dropped one, farmed for about a half hour-ish.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the 1,000 luck bonus from hunting in Fel supposed to display in your status bar? It's not currently but not sure if it's supposed to. Would be nice if it was.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its always been there and never shows from what ive read.