• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 85 to Test Center 1

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grrr...same goes for the lobster dinner. You cannot "use" it (i.e., see the message it gives) while it is locked down.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Another problem: Customizing your house seems to break the lighthouse. After leaving customization, the lighthouse seems to forget that it has been linked to a specific account and clicking on it just gives you the message, "Your account is not linked to this lighthouse."
Can you redeed it (then replace it after you finish customizing) and relink it that way?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you redeed it (then replace it after you finish customizing) and relink it that way?
Yes, if you redeed it, customize, and then place the lighthouse again, you can click on it to make it find your account's ships again. But the next time you customize the house, the link seems to be lost.

If you redeed the lighthouse, you can give the deed to a character on another account to use to set up a lighthouse and link it to that account. However, customizing loses the link. for that account.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found another possible problem: Co-owners can axe and re-deed the bathtub and the tinker bench (in the south orientation) even though they were placed by the owner of the house. If a friend of the house tries to redeed these items, they get the message, "Since you are not a (co)owner of the house, you cannot destroy this." That makes it sound like it is intentional that co-owners can redeed at least some deeded items. So I guess maybe we're just supposed to be aware of this and hope co-owners are trustworthy enough to not swipe deeded items they didn't place.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a co-owner places the tinker table in the east orientation, the co-owner cannot redeed it using an axe. You get the message that you did not place it, so you can't re-deed it.

The bathtub seems to be re-deedable by the co-owner that placed it, regardless of which orientation it is in when the attempt is made to redeed it.

Jerec KTM

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
City Election Changes

• Each account may now only vote once per shard.
  • In order to cast a vote a character must be at least respected within a city.
Don't really care about debating, but I oppose this strongly enough I will put my money where my mouth is. If this goes live, I will be shutting off all of my accounts. I choose to play mostly on a smaller shard rather than Atlantic, and I have seen its hard enough getting a full Council. Now you are going to place even more limits on them getting people into those seats, BRILLIANT!

EDIT: My fiance just did a dance in the kitchen when I told her I just made a post about quitting this game, lol....so I guess someone is happy with the changes.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tested the lighthouse to see if it is linked to the house owner account or the placing account... Assuming a co-owner could place one?

I have the perfect spot for one but my fisher is on a different account.

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hopefully it's just not listed *Dreams* and it's a rechargeable: Forged Metal of Artifacts, even if it makes items enhanced with it become account bound!

Monthly Sub- should be enough not to have pay-to-win be a part of UO.
I agree, we have to pay monthly but yet still have to pay for items for the game, i don't get that, other games are free and have to pay for items, that's understandable but why do UO have to be both? they need to sort something out, but i guess they wont while people still paying :)

more testing on dungeon, cant teleport around ,intended? bagballs a no go for this now that its in a dungeon? either way im cool with it. sampire capt. isnt all that bad, he likes to spam spirit speak. some parts of deungeon have rez ankhs,but they dont work or is it just deco?
i think them Rez Ankhs should be useable! some people dont res and dont have time to res when killing and they are small areas to be trying to kill and res, so maybe they should be useable....

But so far on the testing side, i still believe them tigers need to be bigger, they are very small, look more like Panthers than tigers (with the size), also they are very Dull in color, maybe brighten them up a little? also about the tubs, defo love the idea of them being dyeable so i think that should be a changer

thanks guys

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders about the new dungeon hardness... i just hope its levelled out in good stages/levels to suit everyone from a noob player to the great all powerfull Mr banksitter
It's buggy or either someone is on some good stuff @developers cubicles, go to test and try it before they make it "live" on all servers.

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merus, the lighthouse seems to be tied to the account that placed it, at least until you customize the house. I did NOT test to see if other characters on the same account get the same message as the placing character. I also didn't test with any actual placed/lost ships to see if there are problems getting to the moving crate. I did place a lighthouse with a co-owner char and then removed that char/account as a co- owner, made house public, and then had the former co-owner successfully tap the lighthouse to get the "linked" message. But I really don't know if that account could access the moving crate with no standing with the house at all (I.e. not even able to enter the house if it were made private).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got one from a Brigand :) took a ton though, but they are easy

I have a feeling evil mages are going to be the go to minax arti faucet. They have a lot of fame for the tiny amount of hps they have.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After looking over this publish I have a few words for the dev.... thank you for the items ...(I am a lady and do know my manners if others fail to show theirs).
BUT and boy do I have a bone to pick... Now I do understand you all worked hard and the tub is cute.. but small. You could add a square or two to it and make a tad bigger? or a choice of a bigger one from the deed menu? The Blue book to go with the pink is a hearty About time!

As for the long awaited rewards additions ....
The light house is a great idea.. and I can live with the loss of cargo if it's a choice of loosing the boat or the stuff I take the boat.

The Tinkers table... now there is where the rub is.
Come on dev you mean all you could think about that we need most is a GOLUM???
I got news for you.. if your lacking info.. why not make that table of tinkers do more then just create the damn rock that walks and takes up valuable stable space.

Is it too much to ask to perhaps make it so ALL tinkers have something USEFULL ..oh like say combine all the kits a tinker makes to a bigger charge kit... something we can really use.
I mean what alky couldn't use a mortar and pestle with over say 500 charges (500 could be the limit if your too squeamish to go higher) or the carpenter who needs a higher count tool ...there is a few dozen tools the tinkers make that would go over like gang busters if you could do that .... it might even encourage old players thinking of quitting or those who have to rethink the game ... not every one is a kill junkie...
I like you bonnie but death and mehiem is not the only thing players do in this game.... you can always do an update on its uses... make it more Tinker friendly..

Tiger is cute...

P.S. I am with Petra, Bonnie... we need fresh knickers! oh and while the code monkey is at the repairs think he can do a small job Grim Omen was going to do along with his long list of to be done... well that was before he got the pink slip.. that is. I requested if it was at all possible to lighten up the inner bag like was illustrated in a pic sent him from "other UO'ish shards" The inner bag was so nice and bright you could see the tiny specks of black rock with out using a 20x magnifier!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I requested if it was at all possible to lighten up the inner bag like was illustrated in a pic sent him from "other UO'ish shards" The inner bag was so nice and bright you could see the tiny specks of black rock with out using a 20x magnifier!
I know it's not what you want to hear, but that's an option in the EC, certainly with the pinco mod. You can also flip any container to List mode so it shows the name of all that's in there. But for classic... well, I hope you get what you want there eventually.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes...you're voting for a "character" which in reality is a person though and then you and they, and everyone else that supports them can bring all your RP characters, non RP mules and alts, and other such characters and skew the results. It's not the best solution but the devs we're right in putting this restriction in.
Why were they right?

The governors are a 100% RP element in UO. A non-RPer is unlikely to have any interest in being forced to RP...which they would be. Most shard's RP communities are relatively unified so its not like there is going to be some big battle of wills over a city, unless they RPed it.

Originally, you could only vote ONCE in a city per account, but were able to vote in up to 7 cities. This was logical and allowed for RP. Now you will only be able to vote once PER ACCOUNT period? Where is the RP in that?

I hope the EMs are prepared for many more dewd inflicted headaches and vacant cities.

Voodoo Bad Mojo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wowsers, that took a while to slog through all those posts.

2 things are bugging me about the new stuff.

1) the lighthouse. LOVE IT, but hate it.
love what it does, love the look, hate that it only does one account.
i run 3 main accounts and they each have a house on a different shard.
so for me to get the benefits from this lighthouse i would need to place 3 per shard to save my boats.... but i cant because they can only be used by the house owners.
its a shame they cant be used by any account that is LINKED TOGETHER!!! (ya, you made us link our accounts remember, so lets get some perks for doing that!)
would it not be more useful for the lighthouse if maybe you let it store like 5 boats, regardless of accounts?
kinda like a pet ball but you can have anyone use it?
cause then on a shard i dont have a house i can have a guild mate let me use a slot on his lighthouse for my brit boat.
just a thought.

2) the golems.
really cool idea, really like the table graphic.
ya need to add some work to the golem and the whole tinkered pets thing to make this viable though.
so i get a big fat maxed out golem but yet i can still only tinker heal him every 30 seconds due to that old timer you guys put in 10 years ago. so golem dies fast = worthless.
still cant bond a golem = worthless.
maybe what you should have done with this table is make it so if you use it you CAN BOND any tinker made critter (golem, wolf things ect) and KILL THE DAMN TINKER TIMER FOR HEALING!!!!

gahd, i miss the days of mining and having my 2 golems with me and they could actually DO something.
when i initially saw this table i went from being so happy thinking they where finally gonna fix the golems to so sad to see that they are still the worthless golems of old.
kill the tinker timer - let us bond tinker made mechanical's.

tiger, i like it.
i wont be giving up my shard shield picks this year for them or my shed's but ill probably pick one some day.
they could use a little bit more orange and black to make them POP.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 9 accounts and honestly can't see myself putting up a lighthouse at each of my houses... I agree with others sure wish it was something that all my accounts could be co-owned to and use. I can't see having 15 of them at one house either.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new dungeon layout is awesome. it looks great.

Its a pain that you cant rez there. most likely have to camp a second account.

Its MUCH harder than the regular town invasion because the spaces are so cramped.
(im not saying this is a bad thing, but the complainers will complain and alot will give up on it)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well that what test is for i guess.???...this dungeon needs to be accessable and useable .....to the new player levelling up at level one and the billy no mates, bling bling, rich kid bank sitter at level five

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well that what test is for i guess.???...this dungeon needs to be accessable and useable .....to the new player levelling up at level one and the billy no mates, bling bling, rich kid bank sitter at level five

No this dungeon does not need to be accessible to the new player, this dungeon drops the best loot in the game, there for its for the more advanced player.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No this dungeon does not need to be accessible to the new player, this dungeon drops the best loot in the game, there for its for the more advanced player.
here we go again............jesus.......give it a rest.....u trying get another thread locked i see......[whatever]

Last edited:

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2013 Nov 14 18:29 GMT
City Election Changes
  • Each account may now only vote once per shard.
  • In order to cast a vote a character must be at least respected within a city.
Some kind of fix in this area was needed, and needed fast.

I know it might only have been visible to those heavily involved in the city election system, such as candidates and their inner circles of supporters, but as it was this system was ticking time bomb for widespread player discontent. Even at the last election we all saw how this system was being abused, and how it caused a lot of negativity in the community. It took a full month for the drama to settle down, and there were a lot of unhappy campers.

Players who get involved with a city, work hard for their city. They take pride in what they create and become attached to it. If you are involved in a city you know what I mean.

However the old system made it so the largest group on the shard could take the governor seats in any six cities they chose, and it would have been impossible to stop this once they had decided to do it. Even if you had a hundred players working hard for your town, but the top group on the shard had more, if they wanted to add your governor seat to their collection, they could. They could keep their own city with no risk, take your city, and four others just like it.

Now think about the city after the election is done. Its true citizenry is absolutely livid with what has happened, and it is represented by a puppet governor whose own town hates him, and who sits on a farce of council with the King.

I can understand the complaints about not being able to RP voting across all characters, and it does lessen immersion. But they had to do something, and this was the best anyone could come up with. Heck, it was the best I could come up with, and I spent some time thinking on the problem after the last election too.

The only thing I would have done different in the above changes, would have been to make it follow the housing rules and have it one vote across all shards. The current changes will fix big shards, but small shards elections are going to remain as skewed as ever.

Last edited:

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some kind of fix in this area was needed, and needed fast.

I know it might only have been visible to those heavily involved in the city election system, such as candidates and their inner circles of supporters, but as it was this system was ticking time bomb for widespread player discontent. Even at the last election we all saw how this system was being abused, and how it caused a lot of negativity in the community. It took a full month for the drama to settle down, and there were a lot of unhappy campers.

Players who get involved with a city, work hard for their city. They take pride in what they create and become attached to it. If you are involved in a city you know what I mean.

However the old system made it so the largest group on the shard could take the governor seats in any six cities they chose, and it would have been impossible to stop this once they had decided to do it. Even if you had a hundred players working hard for your town, but the top group on the shard had more, if they wanted to add your governor seat to their collection, they could. They could keep their own city with no risk, take your city, and four others just like it.

Now think about the city after the election is done. Its true citizenry is absolutely livid with what has happened, and it is represented by a puppet governor whose own town hates him, and who sits on a farce of council with the King.

I can understand the complaints about not being able to RP voting across all characters, and it does lessen immersion. But they had to do something, and this was the best anyone could come up with. Heck, it was the best I could come up with, and I spent some time thinking on the problem after the last election too.

The only thing I would have done different in the above changes, would have been to make it follow the housing rules and have it one vote across all shards. The current changes will fix big shards, but small shards elections are going to remain as skewed as ever.
I don't take much interest in elections other than using the trade deal on characters when it suits. However I think this is a ham-fisted solution to a problem and is right up there with Adrick's wild "One Red All Red" solution for pks.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Because its so easy to get to anyway, so a lot of newb are likely to go there... I assume thats why no shame style loot.

Reactions: THP
T

Tazar

I'm glad the mat is dyeable... but it looks horrible with spots. I'm sorry Devs, I know you tried. I think it would look better as a solid. It looks silly with the elegant look of the bath. I appreciate the extra effort, but there is no way I'd dye the mat with the spots. I know they are gifts and I appreciate we get them... but I also feel I have to voice my discontent.

I still would like the metal tub to be dyeable or least a couple other color choices... a pewter/silver and a bronze? What about doing it in ore colors? Then at least folks could have a few different color choices. I love the graphic... but not all of our peasants are going to be able to afford a gold plated tub.
I'd rather have the water color changeable. Blood for the vampire types... Muddy for the Orcs and Goblins... or maybe a slimey-green.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't take much interest in elections other than using the trade deal on characters when it suits. However I think this is a ham-fisted solution to a problem and is right up there with Adrick's wild "One Red All Red" solution for pks.
I don't know about "Ham-Fisted", but I do note that yourself, and in fact others on this thread complaining of this change, have posted no suggestion in place of the current one.

Now, that I would like to read. It needs a solution, not complaining about what is already known.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have not been on TC yet, but can mages cast summons in the new dungeon? Mages were of little use without a tank in the cities. My hope is that there are no guards so EV and RC can be used.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about "Ham-Fisted", but I do note that yourself, and in fact others on this thread complaining of this change, have posted no suggestion in place of the current one.

Now, that I would like to read. It needs a solution, not complaining about what is already known.

Bearing in mind that the lack of exact information about what 'problem ' this is needed to resolve, and any real numbers about the scale of any such 'vote fixing' being completely unknown and unauthenticated makes it pretty hard to figure out what exactly is being 'fixed' - and incidentally, saying 'we all know something went on or could go on' is NOT proof, the only people who know the actual numbers are not telling us what, how and why they are making changes... plus bluntly if people who are going to do nothing with the title apart from rig things to get it will have no effect on the life of anyone on the shard anyway since you can run events, organise activities and do anything else of any value just as well without the title of Governor....

So some thoughts.

Maybe weighting votes, so the first one cast on an account has a value of (total guess number) 10, the second 5, subsequent ones count for one.... so your character participate and affect any election to some degree, but as player you choose which are most important to you. It somewhat offsets the possibility of a big group rigging multiple city elections. Not great if you have involved characters in more than one or two towns, but better than 'one vote pre shard anywhere ever for your entire account'.

Or

The voting character need to have actually been in-game for a minimum anount of hours in the past two months to be allowed to vote. That makes the 'bring out non-used characters to rig an election' tactic a lot more time consuming to do, may not completely stop it but makes it a whole lot harder. Donating 'stuff' is largely useless when so many people have so much 'stuff', and for the system to be of any attraction to newer players and their characters the overhead on value and time to get the materials to donate needs to be pretty low.

Or

Have some associated small 'tasks' that characters do to validate their relevance to the town they are voting in, so they get to vote - not just pay money or items to get a loyalty level like now, frankly that's so simply got around by anyone with a small stock of money or materials that it is a worthless 'qualification' anyway. Whether some mini-type quests escorting NPCs from or to or around (as in New Haven) that town, making some specific items for a donation type NPC in the town, having things in town 'decay' so time spent repairing them counts ... method doesn't matter' as long as it means that to be able to vote, a character needs to do something relevant to the town over time. If your character isn't involved with the town, they don't get to vote.

None of those are perfect, and there will be better ideas out there - but since you want some, have a few.... and if you don't like them - explain why and maybe suggest some yourself too? But would we want such a conversation in a seperate thread rather than scattered through this one?

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd rather have the water color changeable. Blood for the vampire types... Muddy for the Orcs and Goblins... or maybe a slimey-green.
No self respecting vampire would bath in blood unless they are insane. That would be wasteful and disgusting. Blood is life. That would be like humans bathing in mashed potatoes or in creamed corn. Evil can be beautiful... and have good hygiene... it doesn't always look like it lives in a pig sty.

While I'm at it... any vampire that leaves corpses around their house is also gross. Seriously? They should be on the BNN for their hoarding conditions if they do. Do you guys leave your leftovers on the floor? No... you dispose of it or feed it to your pigs.
*shakes head with a slight huff* Such uncivilized manners has no place in this world, kindred or kine. Any who act as such should be culled from the population and put down as you would a lame horse. *lifts chin slightly* Such misconceptions are ill-suited to your intellect, I would suggest you purge them.

(*Brought to you by Ariana Lenoir, Ventrue*)

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can a Dev verify that the bagball blocking in the new dungeon is going to be allowed still like in invasion towns?

T

Tazar

No self respecting vampire would bath in blood unless they are insane. That would be wasteful and disgusting. Blood is life. That would be like humans bathing in mashed potatoes or in creamed corn. Evil can be beautiful... and have good hygiene... it doesn't always look like it lives in a pig sty.

While I'm at it... any vampire that leaves corpses around their house is also gross. Seriously? They should be on the BNN for their hoarding conditions if they do. Do you guys leave your leftovers on the floor? No... you dispose of it or feed it to your pigs.
*shakes head with a slight huff* Such uncivilized manners has no place in this world, kindred or kine. Any who act as such should be culled from the population and put down as you would a lame horse. *lifts chin slightly* Such misconceptions are ill-suited to your intellect, I would suggest you purge them.

Who said anything about a blood-bath? I was thinking more of a feast with friends. After all - there are plenty of pools in the blood Dungeon as well.

and I know my Orc would like a muddy-slimey pond to play in.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can a Dev verify that the bagball blocking in the new dungeon is going to be allowed still like in invasion towns?
this is a really bad idea. if its meant to be so hard that you need bagballs (the current invasion you DO NOT NEED bagballs) then it would be a better idea to set up an npc that sells "rocks" or something in unlimited quanities. that way it would be an actual, apparent aspect of intended tactics for this dungeon.

If blocking is allowed, everyones just going to put a line across the entrance set up an archer and go afk or semi afk. might as well just add a permanant wall to the entrance with a door.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bathtub Comments
Two (nice) comments about the bathtub: (1) It seems to function as a water trough, i.e., I was able to link an endless decanter of water to one. (2) It doesn't show through the floor tiles above it. (Neither does the gadgetry table. However, it seems that you cannot have floor tiles above the lighthouse, which isn't really surprising.)

Golem Comments
A couple of observations about the golems from the gadgetry table:

(1) They can be stabled. (This was expected, but I wanted to confirm it was possible. I will check again tomorrow after 24 hours have expired to see if it is still stabled. The publish notes say you can claim one every 24 hours, but don't exactly say they will disappear after 24 hours.)

(2) You need to have 110 animal lore skill to lore them. (I'm not sure why this is the case, since they do say that they are "tame." However, trying to lore one with animal lore skill less than 110, e.g., at 109.9 or lower, gives the message, "At your skill level, you can only lore tamed or tamable creatures.")

(3) The one I created today on a character with 0 tinkering skill had these Attributes: 106 hit points, 75 stamina, 137 mana, 106 strength, 75 dex, 137 intelligence. Resists were 51% physical, 64% fire, 20% cold, 82% poison, 43% energy. Damage: 100% physical with base damage of 13-24. Skills: 100 wrestling, 100 tactics, 190 resisting spells. It might be interesting to see if these attributes are uniform across the board or if they are random and if there are any major differences based on the tinkering skill of the character that created the golem that day. (The publish notes say "Having the Tinker skill will assist making the golem more powerful.")

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a really bad idea. if its meant to be so hard that you need bagballs (the current invasion you DO NOT NEED bagballs) then it would be a better idea to set up an npc that sells "rocks" or something in unlimited quanities. that way it would be an actual, apparent aspect of intended tactics for this dungeon.

If blocking is allowed, everyones just going to put a line across the entrance set up an archer and go afk or semi afk. might as well just add a permanant wall to the entrance with a door.
f**k a bunch a dragon tamers. All they do is clutter up everything. We dont need no stinking tamers we have bag balls. HA:eek:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that's already been covered. Mesanna said here : http://www.stratics.com/community/threads/clarification-from-a-dev.306718/#post-2324160
Ok so let's settle this discussion for good. Due to the fact this invasion is in towns such as Magincia and various other towns, the mobs might be a little tougher but the players were given the leeway of being creative to fight them in various ways.

PS Do not call a GM if you see a player using Bagballs on mobs in this invasion in towns. In dungeons is another story *winks*

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That tactic will no longer work. The captains will actively destroy anything that blocks their path and the normal rules applied to blocking a mob's path are as you would except them sans the invasion (to say, it is not allowed). The reason we lightened up for the invasion was two fold. For one thing, we didn't want to risk the destruction ability in an area where there is housing (New Magincia) and also we wanted to give the ability build barricades and the like as a means of "defending the city".

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds fair enough to me.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. so bagballs are not allowed. (good)

with the cramped area, i dont see any other way to be able to kill the captains without carefully luring them out of the mess of spawn and other captains by invoking honor virtue.
killing a captain 1vrs1 is very doable. however even 2 in pretty much insta death. i would suggest reducing the number of captains in an area at least slightly if people are actually going to go there.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More feedback on the gadgetry table and the golems they create:

(1) If you have more than one gadgetry table in your house, it appears that you may only be able to use ONE of them EACH DAY. So loading up your house with multiple gadgetry tables to be able to get multiple golems per day won't work. (I just placed 2 more in the house where I claimed a golem a little while ago, and the last two I placed in that house didn't work. This may need further testing to confirm.)

(2) If you try to make another golem on a character that already has one in the stable, you get the message, "You cannot build another golem at this time because you have one in the stables." Again, needs further testing to confirm if this is a character limit or an account limit. I have not yet tried trading golems between characters. EDITED TO ADD: You cannot transfer the golems! If you try, you get the message, "I cannot be transferred."

(3) Here are the stats for a golem made with 100.0 tinkering skill: Attributes - 554 hit points, 125 stamina, 176 mana, 554 str, 125 dex, 176 int. Resists - 53% physical, 57% fire, 33% cold, 87% poison, 37% energy. Damage: 100% physical with base damage of 13-24. Skills: 100.0 wrestling, 100.0 tactics, 190 resisting spells. (Stats for one made by a character with 0 tinkering that I listed in a post above were 106 hit points, 75 stamina, 137 mana, 106 strength, 75 dex, 137 intelligence. Resists were 51% physical, 64% fire, 20% cold, 82% poison, 43% energy. Damage: 100% physical with base damage of 13-24. Skills: 100 wrestling, 100 tactics, 190 resisting spells.)

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(2) If you try to make another golem on a character that already has one in the stable, you get the message, "You cannot build another golem at this time because you have one in the stables." Again, needs further testing to confirm if this is a character limit or an account limit. I have not yet tried
I can't test it just now, but if you can stable it, you might be able to put it on a New Magincia pet vendor and 'trade' it that way....

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok. so bagballs are not allowed. (good)

with the cramped area, i dont see any other way to be able to kill the captains without carefully luring them out of the mess of spawn and other captains by invoking honor virtue.
killing a captain 1vrs1 is very doable. however even 2 in pretty much insta death. i would suggest reducing the number of captains in an area at least slightly if people are actually going to go there.
Maybe they should make it so the captain doesn't spawn with the initial mobs. When they are all defeated the captain spawns red. Forget the invulnerable yellow period.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stats for another golem made by a character with 100 tinkering skill:

600 hit points, 125 stamina, 175 mana, 600 str/125 dex/175 int
60% physical, 60% fire, 28% cold, 90% poison, 43% energy
100% physical damage with base damage 13-24
100 wrestling, 100 tactics, 190 resisting spells

For comparison again, here are the stats for the other golem made by a character on a different account with 100 tinkering skill:

554 hit points, 125 stamina, 176 mana, 554 str/125 dex/176 int
53% physical, 57% fire, 33% cold, 87% poison, 37% energy
100 wrestling, 100 tactics, 190 resisting spells

Golem made by a character with 0 tinkering skill:

106 hit points, 75 stamina, 137 mana, 106 strength/75 dex/137 intelligence.
51% physical, 64% fire, 20% cold, 82% poison, 43% energy
100 wrestling, 100 tactics, 190 resisting spells.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

On the other hand bathing in milk (life giving liquid for mammals) is actually a thing and humans bathing in milk is no different than vampires bathing in blood. :p

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it was said many a Queen bathed in milk instead of water as many rivers were sewer dumps and the very water had a foul odor. This also spawned the parfume industry... it was a smelly thing to live back then....

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I disagree with the myth that people ever bathed in milk. The smell would have been horrid. Even back in ancient Egypt they had artisian wells. Shocking I know, but they had wells they didnt use river water. Some smaller settlements may have gathered rain water or walk long distances for fresh water, but the bathing in milk thing is a myth or "old wives tale" as they say.