• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 85 to Test Center 1

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It appears that once placed, the lighthouses will save any boat placed by a character on that same account. Its text when doubleclicked reads: "Ships placed by this account will now be linked to this lighthouse when they decay. Lost ships will be found in your house moving crate."

ADDED: Multiple accounts CAN NOT be linked to the same lighthouse :sad2:

Last edited:

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I want a blacklight and a strobe effect,also why no glowsticks in UO?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If we can reforge Gargish glasses, does that mean we can now craft them? I really, really hope so! I very much dislike the look of the gargish earrings, but love the glasses look.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put me on the dislikes snow list.
I like snow, I just don't want to see it all day outside irl and then try to play UO and see it during the time I am ingame also. I know all the southern Cali ppl, southern Texans etc probably can't see an issue with this and if I lived in the south I probably wouldn't either. Congratulations! You get the best of both worlds!

I still would like to know if there is a line in the cfg that can be changed to turn off the snow?

EDIT: I finally got patch done and logged in and tbh the snow isn't nearly as bad as it normally is. I can live with it so far woohoo!!! My eyes thank you for not going ape with the white!

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I can see the need for something to change in voting, since it was open to a lot of abuse - but I'm not happy at this method, it's another case of clever programming and not developing the game world we are meant to be playing in....

My characters are different people. some have different loyalties to different towns. Now, because you make this 'account wide' change, they can't vote, no matter how involved in a town, if 'someone else' on that account votes. Please stop conflating and confusing the player with the characters, by all means have a minimum requirement of city loyalty if you need it, but don't put yet another 'gap' between the character and the player - remember what the RP bit is in the MMORPG and let the characters be different, no matter who the player is running them.... or is it to be just another game where you steer a set of statistics around in a battle against a spreadsheet, and we ignore the 'character' idea completely... :(
I have to agree with this.
I wouldn't mind some sort of stipulation that the character must have been played for a certain number of hours with-in the week or two weeks leading into the voting period, but my "sisters" (characters) are all different. Some adopted. I even have one who is half goblin "half tall". It's a game, and *most of us play with the spirit in which it was intended, please do not punish us all because you feel it was abused by a few.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing for sure, if you rely on stealth at the end of dungeon ya may as well give it up and run ur ass off unless being revealed every 5 seconds is a bug. This will definitely affect small population servers who have to dual client to trap these things. In other words, using a stealther to bagball something and then letting another temp go at it so it doesn't take 20 minutes is out if this is as intended. =( To those who want to troll, get twisted. I am playing on a shard that has at most on weekdays 2-5 people on and they aren't all on at the same time. Of course we could ALL come to Atl and make it miserable there I guess... ;)

EDIT: I might add that the Captains are teleporting right on top of me in mass numbers, doesn't matter if mounted or on foot or stealth...yeah might want to get on this Developers. Please tell me you don't intend it to be like this? If it is I may as well sell all the arties I have collected so far lol

Last edited:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with this.
I wouldn't mind some sort of stipulation that the character must have been played for a certain number of hours with-in the week or two weeks leading into the voting period, but my "sisters" (characters) are all different. Some adopted. I even have one who is half goblin "half tall". It's a game, and *most of us play with the spirit in which it was intended, please do not punish us all because you feel it was abused by a few.
Roleplaying multiple people is good and all but it should not affect a voting system like this. This at least limits the number of people who have their friends and friends with multiple accounts toss them 6 votes per person per account.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Roleplaying multiple people is good and all but it should not affect a voting system like this. This at least limits the number of people who have their friends and friends with multiple accounts toss them 6 votes per person per account.
Not really, it's still once per SHARD which allows for everyone who has friends on other shards to continue to do what they had done. I honestly don't think the problem was limited to a shard issue, I think the problem was having friends. Not finding a great solution mind you, just saying I don't think this is it.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone tried if disco works on this new fine dungeon ?
And what about slayer weapons/spellbooks ?
Can pets/summons be used ?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it isn't the player who is being elected, it's the character.... for voting, it's not the player who is the citizen with town loyalty, it's the character. It's another step towards blurring the concept of playing characters, and heaven knows we have had far too many of those already.

Currently people can choose to RP to any or no level - that's fine, it's their choice - but to 'fix' a perceived issue in a game system that is already almost completely reliant on RP by taking away the RP elements is simply a bad way to go about it.

If you think the problem is having 'friends' who vote for you, this is not much of an improvement on those problems at the cost of losing the variety you can have now with your different characters.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
But it isn't the player who is being elected, it's the character.... for voting, it's not the player who is the citizen with town loyalty, it's the character. It's another step towards blurring the concept of playing characters, and heaven knows we have had far too many of those already.

Currently people can choose to RP to any or no level - that's fine, it's their choice - but to 'fix' a perceived issue in a game system that is already almost completely reliant on RP by taking away the RP elements is simply a bad way to go about it.

If you think the problem is having 'friends' who vote for you, this is not much of an improvement on those problems at the cost of losing the variety you can have now with your different characters.
Well said.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes...you're voting for a "character" which in reality is a person though and then you and they, and everyone else that supports them can bring all your RP characters, non RP mules and alts, and other such characters and skew the results. It's not the best solution but the devs we're right in putting this restriction in.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders about the new dungeon hardness... i just hope its levelled out in good stages/levels to suit everyone from a noob player to the great all powerfull Mr banksitter

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND..........

Holiday Gifts will begin December 1 at 12:01 AM and will continue until January 1, 2014 12:01 AM.

· A holiday candle tray available in a variety of colors
  • A lobster dinner
· A Scroll of Alacrity book (holds 300 scrolls and must be locked down in a home to add scrolls to the book)
  • A Deed to a claw foot tub
oh and was kinda HOPING WE WOULD HAVE A COLLECTION to stride for....old school again....candle trays in a varaiity of colours....kinda hoping this will be at least something...maybe a rare colour tray???

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonders about the new dungeon hardness... i just hope its levelled out in good stages/levels to suit everyone from a noob player to the great all powerfull Mr banksitter
yes. I had a look around last night and will eventually be doing a write up, but from the entrance porch, where there is no spawn, straight forward is a door leading to hell hounds. To the left (screen) the first thing you encounter is evil mages.
Before you get to the entrance, the first thing you encounter is a stable hand, allowing tamer to claim the pets that weren't allowed in the Castle upstairs.

Last edited:

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I didn't read all posts since it's past my bedtime and I need to sleep, but why a tiger? New mounts are great but there are no tigers in the wild in UO, so where'd they come from? Now if tigers get placed into the wild in the game, I'd be okay with it. Maybe even wild tamable tiger mounts, including a rare blaze one? (WoW has black and white ones but no blaze ones. :)

That tub looks awesome in the screenies. I am a make-it- dyeable fan for EVERY NEW THING, but if you do, please make sure we can use All dyes, including Tokunos and Haochiis.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I just went to test center to try out the new area. Got in all ok and got my pet from stable master. Walked around looking for the action. The only captains I found where right at the back part of the area and 4 of them jumped on me pretty much instantly and killed me and my pet. Time for a change in tactics me thinks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have edited the image in my earlier post to give an indication of what spawns where, although everyone should bear in mind that spawn moves when there are active players around. This will be especially true in the southern section where there are no doors between rooms after you leave the central area.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I didn't read all posts since it's past my bedtime and I need to sleep, but why a tiger? New mounts are great but there are no tigers in the wild in UO, so where'd they come from?

There are tigers in UO. They are just very good at hiding in the jungles. They are pretty stealthy. None have been seen in the wild in over a thousand years.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:thumbsup:Snow this year YAY! Vendor search good esp the turn off part so we strange ppl can get it our way.
City elections..slightly better but I think the city rep should be the most important thing to get voting rights. I doubt buying votes from ppl on other shards would work and thats the thing I dislike most as it is now. Maybe im just naive , but to me it takes alot of effort to make high rep on a newbe char ? Or all chars on multiple accounts on shards you dont play..
Lighthouse is lovely and having some function adds to it.
I had hoped for the Void pool to take ower the event items to get a reason for people to go there again but this is good too. Thanks devs, good job!

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some observations

This is now probably the number one spot to farm for high end greater dragons (you can tame them here) the spawn rate is almost 0 and you got a stable only 2 screens away

Awsome job on decorating this dungeon look realy good

The spawn rate on everything is fast not much time to loot

Some of the easiest places to hunt are the furthest away you actually have to walk true though monsters to get to them so that is a bit odd

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the curious, here's the bath tub with a dyed mat and the tiger in EC.
tub&tiger.jpg

I should have double clicked to have the shower running. Sorry.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must concur with those displeased with the new vote change and how it trashes the RP nature of having multiple characters. While not perfect, and abuseable, the original system was manageable. The rich will still buy votes, so this only aids the corrupt. Since the Governor system is now 100% RP, why lessen the actual ability to RP?

Regarding the snow... Uhm.. Can we strip the leaves off the deciduous trees or hue them white like they were years ago? The snow looks cheesy in the EC with bright green plants poking through :p
I like the snow, it is nice in CC, EC suxs anyways

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna or any Dev for that matter......is ''Luck still a factor'' in the new blackthorn dungeon..or is it back as normal like the rest of the dungeons were luck play little or no part in the drop rate????? ive gotta ask as although my 3k luck suit is ok...it could do with some fine tuning if Luck is still a factor

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick observation: I noticed snow in some of the "city circles" in the new dungeon yesterday. Hopefully it will be turned off at the same time as the snow in the "real" cities.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna or any Dev for that matter......is ''Luck still a factor'' in the new blackthorn dungeon..or is it back as normal like the rest of the dungeons were luck play little or no part in the drop rate????? ive gotta ask as although my 3k luck suit is ok...it could do with some fine tuning if Luck is still a factor
Pretty sure its luck based for drops from mobs and one per captain and beacon like it is currently.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's still a factor.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting in the EC tiger. Retitled "A Swayback Tiger." " a Brokeback Mountain Lion"

Lighthouse great save for the brit ship users. For others the glitch ship sinking had a worse turn.. The quest loss is what erkeled me more.

Golem bonded? Sounds like new golem will die to a giant serpent, even while a tinker is repairing it still. I seen the golem as a means for a crafter to collect their own lower leathers. Turned out a blade spirit was still the better option.

Selling stone umbrellas to the "sky is falling" posters.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
After reading the posts and looking at screenshots, I've come to the conclusion that the gifts/rewards are AWESOME. And I definitely see a lighthouse in my future.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it comes as a deed and gives you the choice of south or east. Dye the deed with a furniture dye tub to change the colour of the mat beneath it

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't get why we are getting snow in the end of spring, start of summer, though. :p

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad the mat is dyeable... but it looks horrible with spots. I'm sorry Devs, I know you tried. I think it would look better as a solid. It looks silly with the elegant look of the bath. I appreciate the extra effort, but there is no way I'd dye the mat with the spots. I know they are gifts and I appreciate we get them... but I also feel I have to voice my discontent.

I still would like the metal tub to be dyeable or least a couple other color choices... a pewter/silver and a bronze? What about doing it in ore colors? Then at least folks could have a few different color choices. I love the graphic... but not all of our peasants are going to be able to afford a gold plated tub.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a way to break the bathtub's plumbing: If the shower is running when you enter customization mode, once you leave customization mode the shower will still be running and clicking on it will NOT turn off the shower, as it did before you customized the house.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another problem: Customizing your house seems to break the lighthouse. After leaving customization, the lighthouse seems to forget that it has been linked to a specific account and clicking on it just gives you the message, "Your account is not linked to this lighthouse."

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if you could light or extinguish the candle tray while it is locked down. Currently, it has to be unlocked (or in your backpack) to light the candles or extinguish them.