• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 85 Adjustments

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a tamer this place is a nightmare. Meh. Make it so there is a greater diversity of characters that can play down there.
I've only been using a tamer and been doing pretty well. I've already turned in 100 arties and now almost 1oo again. No luck on my suit either apart from the luck statue.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow i must be doing something wrong,i run max luck on my tamer and only get 1 arti an hour
Wow that's nasty. I run mage/eval along with my pet. I basically just send my Dragon charging in then tank the captains will spells. I try to do as much damage as possible. I am kinda building a luck suit on my crafter but have put this on hold until I can get some more horned runics! If i wasn't getting the drops like I am at the moment I would make this more of a priority but seems to be ok without luck suit.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Nov 22 21:28 GMT
Tomorrow morning after maintanence the following will be adjusted:

1. Adjusted Bard AI
2. Added Healer abilities to Agents of the Crown in Blackthorns castle
3,. Fixed issue where Captains were revealing hidden players
4. Fixed dungeon mobs spawning in unreachable areas
5. Adjusted Captains spawn

All these changes will be visible after your normal morning maintanence.

Thank you,

UO Team

Continue reading...
Thankyou for listening....and making the much need changes....happier now......awesome!!!

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dungeon is fine like it is...
-Leave the Gold Elementals, unlike script mining...you have to sit there kill....collect the ore....hop off your beetle smelt...hop on your beetle....kill more elementals. That is tough to script, since if you are AFK and you hop off your beetle at the wrong time, it will get targeted and killed by the elementals. And, weight becomes a serious issue so you need a bunch of pack animals around. So if someone wants to spend the time farming and gets a billion gold ingots that way...then God Bless....Gold is worthless to build suits with because its sticks both luck and lower requirements on a suit. So it is best to enhance with gold after you build, which you should be using the guaranteed enhancement tool for about a $1 per enhancement. Either way, as a crafter, I don't use much gold. So when it comes down to it, more gold in the game won't provide any unfair balance except a slight hit to the script miners prices. Because lets be honest, these are the only people with significant loads of gold who are really affected. I have mined for years, so anybody with 120k gold bars did it illegally.....

-As far a AFK farming....call a GM if you see it. The Dungeon is all about the Captains, and we don't need a gauntlet of sh!tty monsters to run back and forth through (i.e. Bedlam) to get to our goal. Anyway it doesn't matter how many minor artis one person farms, the event is not going away so the 100 point artifacts are not going to bring in millions....why?...because everybody, over any period of time can eventually get the same items...there is no reason to pay for them. And that is what we want. Eventually, when everyone has their characters outfitted, and realize that the items really don't bring in the amount of gold worthy of the effort, you will see a decline in amount of people in the Dungeon. If you want a challenge, go to the Captains, get more artifacts faster....if you are new and inexperienced, do the lower end monsters....something for everybody. Everybody can eventually cash in their points for high end gifts. And for those contingent of players who belong to the "I have it and you should never have it" club....stop whining and shut up....

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A necro, a mystic and a pure mage walked into a bard...

I don't know how, but the three of us killed it by ourselves, slowly but eventually. I don't see what about "Bard AI" has been altered in any way. Again, there were three of us: there were two other captains besides this bard and another we killed, yet in the middle of fighting the bard, another captain spawned. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought it was like the old days when GMs messed around with players by creating sudden spawn.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A necro, a mystic and a pure mage walked into a bard...

I don't know how, but the three of us killed it by ourselves, slowly but eventually. I don't see what about "Bard AI" has been altered in any way. Again, there were three of us: there were two other captains besides this bard and another we killed, yet in the middle of fighting the bard, another captain spawned. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought it was like the old days when GMs messed around with players by creating sudden spawn.
i think area peace has been turn down a bit or off. they seemed manageable when i went in on my bushido dexter (a dragon was tanking but i didnt get peaced)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think area peace has been turn down a bit or off. they seemed manageable when i went in on my bushido dexter (a dragon was tanking but i didnt get peaced)
It also seems like they do not discord anymore.