• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 85 Adjustments

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Nov 22 21:28 GMT
Tomorrow morning after maintanence the following will be adjusted:

1. Adjusted Bard AI
2. Added Healer abilities to Agents of the Crown in Blackthorns castle
3,. Fixed issue where Captains were revealing hidden players
4. Fixed dungeon mobs spawning in unreachable areas
5. Adjusted Captains spawn

All these changes will be visible after your normal morning maintanence.

Thank you,

UO Team

Continue reading...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes

1. Adjusted Bard AI

Thank you,

UO Team

Continue reading...

Now get rid of the gold elementals...

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there still suppose to be captains roaming around outside of the dungeon?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The elementals are pretty nice, since gathering resources is quite the pain, specially if you are rather new to the game.
Would prefer them to be random as well, from copper to agapite/verite.

Or they drop the elementals and add the void pool rewards to the origin store with a lot more charges for the same price of the forged metal tools.
This second option would get them another steady income.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nice changes. I look forward to seeing the adjustments. I had fun in the dungeon last night. It is nice to finally be able to use summons again.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excelent, these changes will be in time for our event this evening. :)

Kaneda Ibashi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you are a miner...
The advanced golem actually makes short work of the Golds with very little healing needed.
So My miner can smelt to his hearts content.
I will say I am on a smaller shard so way less comp for the room.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes

1. Adjusted Bard AI

Thank you,

UO Team

Continue reading...
Thank you.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey I like the gold ele's as much as anyone but I just got 50k gold ingots in under 2 hours. I don't think I can get iron that fast my mining it. Personally I think they should just change the spawn rate. It's almost an instant-spawn.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey I like the gold ele's as much as anyone but I just got 50k gold ingots in under 2 hours. I don't think I can get iron that fast my mining it. Personally I think they should just change the spawn rate. It's almost an instant-spawn.
Noooooo it's cool like this!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw 2 Captains at the start of the Invasion on Drachenfels at the lighthouse after the adjustment.

The second Wave got 4-5 at same time.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much better! (although we didn't meet any bard....yet)

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest slowing the spawn speed of the Gold Elementals to at least 45 seconds between kills. As it stands w the spawn really is too fast, insta spawn between kills. Keep in mind I am NOT one of hose against the gold eles being there, but I went there last night and the instant spawn between kills is way too fast, faster than I can loot and smelt. So slowing the spawn a bit between kills would help keep things reasonable.

And like I said in the other post, if this spawn is considered OK by the devs, then please put back the Dull Copper, Gold and Verite elementals that used to spawn in the wild by exodus dungeon in Ilshenar.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest slowing the spawn speed of the Gold Elementals to at least 45 seconds between kills. As it stands w the spawn really is too fast, insta spawn between kills. Keep in mind I am NOT one of hose against the gold eles being there, but I went there last night and the instant spawn between kills is way too fast, faster than I can loot and smelt. So slowing the spawn a bit between kills would help keep things reasonable.

And like I said in the other post, if this spawn is considered OK by the devs, then please put back the Dull Copper, Gold and Verite elementals that used to spawn in the wild by exodus dungeon in Ilshenar.
oooh, Paragon chests!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Four of us against a macer, fencer and bard. I have to wonder what "adjustments" were really done.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did a captain count (13................ on wave 1) + spawn. Nice adjustments i guess it was to easy before

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We managed to kill a couple, not including the bard. A couple more people showed up, and in addition to the bard, we got a necromancer, archer, rogue and two fencers.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A guy got two-hit killed when both fencers turned on him. What the bleep kind of "adjustments" did we get?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We just did fine on Drachenfels on our event. worked nicely together. Here is a good tip again, When the Lighthouse is damaged, run out of the area again for the new wave.

We fought 1 Captain at a time. always working fro mthe outside to the inside.

Last edited:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We just did fine on Drachenfels on our event. worked nicely together. Here is a good tip again, When the Lighthouse is damaged, run out of the area again for the new wave.

We fought 1 Captain at a time. always working fro mthe outside to the inside.
The new dungeon is fun on Atlantic, a giant conglomerate of craziness and basically winning by numbers against the captains. I would however love to pop onto Drachenfels and see tactics in motion. Is there room for a necro/mage/weaver? I used to spawn on Drachenfels prior to sampires being big so that is the only character I have there.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you are a miner...
Gold Elementals. If your still using an outdated mage miner they spawn to fast. For a combat miner that has been around from the days of the pick axes of excuvation ................ Gold Eli are nearly a one hit kill.

Library rewards. there will be plenty for sale when players get the new artwork. "Owned by noone" tally? Insuring one is by far cheeper.

High city titles. Likea scripter character wants one those. If they're selling ingots to someone that wants a city title. All good. Sripter needs to restock their gold supply so the same lazy fool can buy gold back.

Crafting armor for trash turn in points. Anything on that list of rewards that someone is paying for is doing UO wrong. Personal achivement and self worth can be only the smae as the character's RL controler.
Filling BODs. Hitting a lower small bribing up to 10n & 15n small gold. You'll hit 20n bronze for the PoF chance with exc bribe sending the BOD back to the book. If there had been a change to the large BOD rewards then maybe. Current crafting system does not favor high end runic crafting over reforge+Imbuing. There is no getting rich selling 120 smith PS (selling the ingots burned to get to the point of a large BOD set will earn more gold).

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold Elementals. If your still using an outdated mage miner they spawn to fast. For a combat miner that has been around from the days of the pick axes of excuvation ................ Gold Eli are nearly a one hit kill.

Library rewards. there will be plenty for sale when players get the new artwork. "Owned by noone" tally? Insuring one is by far cheeper.

High city titles. Likea scripter character wants one those. If they're selling ingots to someone that wants a city title. All good. Sripter needs to restock their gold supply so the same lazy fool can buy gold back.

Crafting armor for trash turn in points. Anything on that list of rewards that someone is paying for is doing UO wrong. Personal achivement and self worth can be only the smae as the character's RL controler.
Filling BODs. Hitting a lower small bribing up to 10n & 15n small gold. You'll hit 20n bronze for the PoF chance with exc bribe sending the BOD back to the book. If there had been a change to the large BOD rewards then maybe. Current crafting system does not favor high end runic crafting over reforge+Imbuing. There is no getting rich selling 120 smith PS (selling the ingots burned to get to the point of a large BOD set will earn more gold).

I find it interesting how you constantly go on about how people should earn things, and then they add something into the game that essentially hands players a resource that previously could only be attained by hours of work mining, and makes all of the things you list that previously took a good deal of effort to attain considerably easier (reguardless of how unimportant YOU may find them), and you say, great, more of that.

Anyway, I'm clearly in the minority here, disliking this spawn, so oh well.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Gold elementals (and some other weak monsters in the dungeon) are used to farm minax artifacts while AFK.

I sugest to fix this.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gold elementals (and some other weak monsters in the dungeon) are used to farm minax artifacts while AFK.

I sugest to fix this.
Actually that's the one thing that is not wrong with these. I got 2 minax rewards in 2 hours. Course it would be a popular spot so afk scripting it would be pretty close to suicide.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It doesn't require scripting. Just leave a pet at any weak spawn and go to a safe place in the dungeon.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Golden Elementals may have been added to help bring some life to the Elixer of Ingot conversion quest (upgrades ingots to the next level... but only like 500 or something).....

Well I can tell you one thing, since the devs insist on "Luck" making a difference... maybe it's to help people make Plate Luck suits... and of course, sell more Forged Metal of Artifacts. :D

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new dungeon is fun on Atlantic, a giant conglomerate of craziness and basically winning by numbers against the captains. I would however love to pop onto Drachenfels and see tactics in motion. Is there room for a necro/mage/weaver? I used to spawn on Drachenfels prior to sampires being big so that is the only character I have there.

On Drachenfels there is room for everyone. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posted on Drachenfels Forum some action screenshots of our event yesterday. You will notice we moved slowly around and not try to fight several captains at ones.

Drachenfels Forum.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe adding a distance check for the tamer to determine if the drop occurs.
That's dumb. I primarily play my tamer and I occasionally have to run away to heal when the monster chooses to target me, never mind if the monster has AOE attacks like wither or auras, which means they automatically re-target onto me so I can't stand next t my pet and vet it.

I should not be penalized for playing smart and not getting my ass kicked.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's dumb. I primarily play my tamer and I occasionally have to run away to heal when the monster chooses to target me, never mind if the monster has AOE attacks like wither or auras, which means they automatically re-target onto me so I can't stand next t my pet and vet it.

I should not be penalized for playing smart and not getting my ass kicked.

Well... the distance could be a screen or two screens. Right now you could park your GD at the evil mages and stealth off into the back of the town bubbles and still get your minax arties.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
In this case distance check wouldn't help because elementals can't open doors so you can stay even on the same screen.

I think you must not have artifacts for killing monsters outside 'mini-cities' area.
Also I think pets shouldn't do damage to 'ingot' elementals and they must be valunarable to earth elemental slayer.

Last edited:

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't require scripting. Just leave a pet at any weak spawn and go to a safe place in the dungeon.

And you are sure this works ?

Because it should not

If you do not command your pet every once in awhile you do not get credit for what your pet kills if this was not the case people would have used this tactic to farm sots all these years

I can not confirm this is facts because i never tested it but the last time i remember someone afk farming with pets was using unicorns farming virtue artifacts

So the evidence if it exist should be in the patch notes around that time

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30 minutes nearly 4000 ingots and 10 CBR. On a combat miner with a fire beetle. The forge in the middle of the room is useless. 25 ore is not light so ore has to be piled to jump off the beetle for quick smelt. No crest drop. And again how is a mountain of gold ingots a game changer. The list of rewards that can be earned are tired and old. Market has been flooded so where is the profit? This spawn area helps an honest player. It is more work then an abuser wishes to deal with. Sure the spawn rate is fast. Once one is redlined it wanders off so just one vs one, best not be on an archer. Bring back a firebeetle working as a ghost and I might enjoy the quick gold ingot restock. There are many spawn areas in the basement a GD can be dumped and the tamer can slink off. This spawn area doesn't need a change based off the tamer style. If the pet is not able to take commands, the tamer should not be able to gain/get squat (hidden is a no command state).

4 garg picks in Ish using a prospector. Nearly as many ingot in the same time as a spread. Well nearly no dull and 1/3 of the count is shadow. 2CBR, 4BR, 2 mined gems and pocket full of NPC gems. 2 paragon eli spawn but no chest or Marty drop, chance was there. Oh and was not mindnumbing boring sitting in little room on your toes every second stress.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night on great lakes there were lots of people in the new dungeon, mostly sampires and mystic throwers/archers. Only two tamers. I do not like the new boss ai where they randomly target people who aren't attacking them. It's bad enough simple mage spells like teleport and recall don't work. For a tamer this place is a nightmare. Meh. Make it so there is a greater diversity of characters that can play down there.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You even don't need a pet. You can just leave there your char and get artifacts for AFK killing.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think you must not have artifacts for killing monsters outside 'mini-cities' area.
CorwinXX, I have to disagree on this point. My favorite part of the new dungeon is the traditional spawn areas. There are areas I can battle purely for Minax Arties and there are other areas training news chars with the chance of collecting some Arties to help with suit construction. When someone beaches a GD I just fight in the same area and kill the stuff before the dragon Argos on it. Use a thrower, archer, or a Mage and you can clear many areas and the drag will just sit there. Use the dragon as an unwitting meat shield for you to easily crush other bigger foes like the balrons, executioners, etc. You can always outplay an absent player. So I'd ask that we not ruin the fun of solo or lesser populated shards where people are using the traditional spawn to get legitimate Minax Arties.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way the CPTs are down there. A tamer will never do the damage a missle or spell caster can. The tamer has the advantage vs the archer CPT. The macer CPT doesn't retarget, just hits who last cam in range their weapon. Assassin & rogue CPT seem to pick nearest target when they pop back in. There is a range of CPT templates. Mages now have walls and summons and thats good. Not great. A GD is good with much more HP. The CPT is spawn is not a GD domination in the least. Goes back to old where a tamer and other template work together to meet an end. Mages in the group not helping to keep the meatshield alive after getting looting rights just like running around like a headless chicken. The only thing I dislike is the lack of a tamer in the middle tunnel of the city pods. With al the death going on, one is needed.