NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 81.0 Comes to TC1

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Unfortunately this is not true. I tested on TC1 with the heaviest armor possible and lost stamina in large amounts from taking physical damage and spell damage.

The Question is..... are you losing more stamina then you would say with publish 80 ?

1st.... Figure out if stamina damage is working the same in pub 81. (don't even worry about the armor mitigation yet)
2nd.... Figure out if what they ATTEMPTED to do with plate armor is working correctly...

If you don't do 1) then you really have no idea how 2) is working out.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Well. We played on test center.
Anyone who uses an archer to PvP needs to go ahead and start making a new character. Those characters are now worthless. With the slow swingspeeds and the fact a single spell almost drops your Stamina in half, its done for. You can't kill anyone. Hell, let alone PvM. I think the only way to combat is to use plate armor, which you'll have to waste properties to get lower requirements or run extreme strength. Even in PvM with leather, its worthless.

Who the hell ever heard of an archer wearing platemail in lore or the old days?

The stamina thing is scaled on what your max is, in a simple PvP fight as a mage, I lost all my stamina within the first 20 seconds of the fight. Let alone with a dexxer spamming on you.

I think its safe to say if they penalize armor this much and the refresh potions, alot of people will be leaving. I'll be in on that one. I can gurantee I'll be emailing in my insight on the whole publish.

Anyone who uses an archer, is now worthless. I just finished re-doing my archer on Great Lakes too. What a waste.

Reactions: FrejaSP

Rizu

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jul 19, 2012
My thoughts on the new patch: Completely horrible

One of my primary templates is now completely useless. If you are a dexxer, it is near impossible to play unless you are wearing non-medable armor. One hit and I lose nearly half of my stamina... Are they trying to force dexxers to wear non-medable armor?

Combine the above with the slower swing speed of a comp bow, hello crappy template. I guess if you are a dexxer, dont bother trying to put stealth on a template.

Not to mention that I will need to become an expert mathematician to figure out how the new system is supposed to work correctly...

Last edited:
Reactions: Madrid and Rumpy

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Why couldn't they just make plate armor useful by allowing an imbue weight of 600 instead of 500?!?!

Reactions: virem

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Oh and BTW - Focus is not going to help your stam loss. With the person I was fighting, one spell and their Stam went from 190 to 140. Thats 1 spell. With 1 combo, it dropped down to 50s. How can you compete with that?

Theres no way to regain mana like that.

Anyone who ran a stealth template will need 120 stealth and use plate, which still won't combat the negatives and swing speed needed for a bow.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
all of this is fine except the 10sec cooldown is too long on refresh pots. Also, i think they should make it so heavy armor makes it so you do not take ANY stam loss from damage.

if there is going to be a cool down, make it less, like 2 sec for regular, 4 sec for total or something. all negated by having gm alchemy
Yeah something may have been coded wrong or something because I am still taking stamina loss in all plate armor on test. According to the formula were were given that should not be the case. Either that or we were given the wrong formula and blacksmith armor does not reduce stamina loss by 100% Hopefully this will be clarified soon. Yeah I think something like maybe 4-5 secs on total refresh would be reasonable and would still make armor that reduces stamina loss desirable.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
For those who have not fully tested it yet -
Here is what I did. I wore full platemail armor and full leather armor then tested out the stamina loss at max stamina and max HP.

The Stamina in the 160 and 165 is what it is at. Damage is from the weapon. Stamina loss is how much was lost per the hit. I also did it at different HP as less HP, you take more stamina hit. All of the hits were done with stamina at 160/160 or 165/165.

Numbers Game:

PLATEMAIL ARMOR:

Health 100/100
Platemail Stamina - 160
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 26

Health 100/100
Platemail Stamina - 160
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 27

Health 93/100
Platemail Stamina - 160
Damage - 18
Stamina Loss - 24

Health 82/100
Platemail Stamina - 160
Damage - 17
Stamina Loss - 24

Health 72/100
Platemail Stamina - 160
Damage - 16
Stamina Loss - 30

Health 67/100
Platemail Stamina - 160
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 28

LEATHER:

Health 117/117
Leather Stamina - 165
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 39

Health 117/117
Leather Stamina - 165
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 38

Health 117/117

Leather Stamina - 165
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 38

Health 108/117
Leather Stamina - 165
Damage - 17
Stamina Loss - 42

Health 102/117

Leather Stamina - 165
Damage - 15
Stamina Loss - 39

Health 87/117
Leather Stamina - 165
Damage - 16
Stamina Loss - 47

So thats my finding's thus far. Either armor way still sucks.

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
I think this would be a great idea.

Take all non-med armor and scale the imbuing weight up. Studded - Platemail. Start at like 550 Weight for Studded, 575 for Bone, 600 For Ringmail, 625 for Chainmail, and 650 for platemail.

This way it can become useable and those who want to use non-med, can get a bonus out of it. Those who want to make it mage armor can still use it. Its ridiculous.

Keep the little mana burst thing. Get rid of the SSI penalty, thats just stupid.

I think most people would agree on this.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004

Take all non-med armor and scale the imbuing weight up. Studded - Platemail. Start at like 550 Weight for Studded, 575 for Bone, 600 For Ringmail, 625 for Chainmail, and 650 for platemail.

This way it can become useable and those who want to use non-med, can get a bonus out of it. Those who want to make it mage armor can still use it. Its ridiculous.

Keep the little mana burst thing. Get rid of the SSI penalty, thats just stupid.

Yeah or one of the other many much less complicated ideas then what they have proposed that have been suggested in this thread. I would say scrap the mana phase and ssi thing both though. I kinda liked the stamina reduction thing..but either its not working properly on test or we were given the wrong formulas.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
I got on test, outfitted myself in full plate, and went and fought a wandering healer. I seemed to take full stamina loss from damage as usual.. either it doesn't work or it sucks...

I take back all previous props i gave....
It is definately working. See my notes on the stam loss. It seems like the stam loss wearing full plate is equivilent to the current stam loss on the servers now, just not based on the armor type.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004

That woudn't accomplish anything since the favourite material of everyone would just be plate instead of leather. Even mages would wear plate, since they just imbue mage armor and still have 50 more points than on leather.
The point of this revamp is, to make all types of armor attractive.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Maybe I will just go ahead and post what my revamp would be.

For me, you want each type of armor to give it's own benefit so that while players of a certain might would probably gravitate towards that, don't make it so damn overbearing that it's their only choice. And you want the materials to give something extra. Honestly, if someone wants to spend months working on their armor and spend millions of gold on it, it should show.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Or a combination of both. Would like to point out I have no idea about any of this stuff, and I hope it turns out being better than half the insanity it seems to be causing in this forum.
It is definately working. See my notes on the stam loss. It seems like the stam loss wearing full plate is equivilent to the current stam loss on the servers now, just not based on the armor type.
I think, Rumpy is right. Here's what Bleak told us:

Here is some insight into stamina protection:

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The stamina loss protection provided is ranked as follows where 1 provides the best protection:

Blacksmith crafted armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) provides 20% protection.
Carpentry crafted armor (woodland and stone armor) provides 16.5% protection.
Tailor crafted studded leather, hide, and bone armor provides 10%% protection.
Cloth, leather, and jewelry armor provides 6.5% protection.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides 6.5% protection.

Note: This does not mean 100% protection from stamina loss when taking damage when wearing five pieces of platemail.
Nevertheless an exact formula would be cool...

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
I think, Rumpy is right. Here's what Bleak told us:

Nevertheless an exact formula would be cool...
Ahh he must have added that part about blacksmith armor after I read his post. Well that clears things up but yeah still need an exact formula.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
To anyone whobthinks if you wear just plate armor you are immune to the stam loss, you are wr0ng. The stam loss in wearing plate is equal to the nomal stam loss now. The stam loss is worse if you wear anything under plate. I tested it pretty thoroughly. PvM against a greater dragon using a archer was damn near impossible. In the first few moments while the dragon dumps on you, say goodbye to your stamina. I seriously encourage people to get on test and try it out.

PvP on an archer is impossible with even 191 stamina and 45 ssi. You cant swing fast at all an they just heal through it all since you cant keep up stam at all. On a mage, you can get stammed out pretty quick as well.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
That woudn't accomplish anything since the favourite material of everyone would just be plate instead of leather. Even mages would wear plate, since they just imbue mage armor and still have 50 more points than on leather.
So cap it at 600 then. :)

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
My reason for testing so extensive on a dexxer is I think the changes really hurt them. I actually play a mage 99% of the time.
Yep because we will be forced to wear metal armor and our stamina will still suffer. Though I donlt think mages are in a good spot either I mean the stamina hits you take wearing leather armor are just insane. Even just having things like bears hit me my stamina went down very very fast in leather armor. These stamina changes combined with the timer on refresh pots now is just too much. The timer needs to be reduced and so does the amount of stamina you lose for each type of armor. I actually am rather bummed that plate doesn;t give full stamina loss protection. Though I guess it could be overpowering if they did that. Though I think the sacrifices you'd have to make kinda make up for that.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 27, 2003
So everyone will have to remake thier suit and it will be, at best, as good as before and could be worse.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 12, 2008
Not sure I like this at all really.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Thank you for destroying my PvM Dexxer suit, 5 PvM Chars DESTROYED/WORTHLESS
Hephaestus Shield DESTROYED/WORTHLESS
Mace and Shield Reading Glasses DESTROYED/WORTHLESS
Keeonean's Chain Mail DESTROYED/WORTHLESS
Voice of the Fallen King DESTROYED/WORTHLESS
Royal Leggings of Embers DESTROYED/WORTHLESS

Str 150 Hit Points 138
Dex 135 Stamina 136
Int 41 Mana 41

Shame (Baja Shard) 2 Mud Pies My Hit Points never dropped below 120 and I lost 0 (ZERO) Stamina b4 both were dead. No specials/spells or aids used.
Shame (TC1) 2 Mud Pies My Hit points never dropped below 125 and I han to leave because my Stamina dropped to 30.

New Haven (Baja) 1 (ONE) Spellbinder casting and I took 0 (ZERO) Stamina Damage.
New Haven (TC1) 1 (ONE) Spellbinder casting and I was taking 30-40 Stamina Damage every time.

I hate to think what my Tamer/Mage and my Mystic/Mage will do because they both have very low Stamina.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
Im getting how this works now I think. And I think this explains why so many results have been confusing to me. The amount of damage you take no longer effects how much stamina is lost. The only thing that effect stamina loss is the type of armor you wear to a %.
I transferred my Unbound EV fighting template to test with a bard and fought them with an elf wearing 75 energy resist suit (Unbound EV's are 100% energy damage) Though the ev was discorded and hitting for @10-11 points of damage, I was consistantly losing 40ish of 186 stamina everytime it hit me. I came to Luna and attacked a skittering hopper. It hit me for 1-3 points of damage but still nailed me for 40ish stam damage. On consecutive hits with un-heald stamina i lost less and less stam.

A little more testing and I think stam loss is now a flat % independant of damage. For my EV fighting suit, I consistantly lost @16% of stamina REMAINING in the pool. So at high stamina you lose a larger amout of STM per hit. As your stamina depletes, you lose less per hit.

My EV suit lost @16% with ring leggings, studded sleeves/gloves, AOF (medable), Orc helm (IDK if this counts for stm protection), and Leurocian's mempo (medable).

My mage wearing all medable leather consistantly lost @20% STM/hit

If this is correct and goes live as is, the days of capping STM a few points over the cutoff for capped SSI on 3.5 second weapons are over unless you dont plan on taking any damage from what you are fighting.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
If that is the way it works, that is just plain dumb.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
If that is the way it works, that is just plain dumb.
I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time I was. But I'm done fiddling with it tonight.

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 23, 2004
I dont want to see the weapon special move change, we already keep and set, why keep changes it.
Also, I dislike the armor revamp the stamina too much.

Mos
Formosa

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Okay, that would explain why my brief testing was not giving me tons of stamina damage--the characters I was using were human and only had 10 dex (mage tamers with no stam increase on their armor). I was afraid to say anything more than I already said because the results I was getting (little to no change) when I had stuff hit my character (tsuki wolves, ronins, dragons, greater dragons, clay golems) just didn't quite sound like what other people were seeing. I wasn't seeing much of anything that looked like it would affect my normal PvM routine with my peace tamers, mostly in Trammel.

This DEFINITELY needs a lot more testing by characters of all types, wearing all types of armor, and in all types of situations, to pin down how it works. Unfortunately, I'm worried that the remainder of the armor changes will even further complicate our understanding. So far, I'm not seeing much impact to how I normally play and I just can't believe that's the plan. I suspect it's more likely we ALL will end up being inconvenienced to some degree or another and adjusting our gear in some form or fashion for this publish. I'd really like for the dev team to drop that other shoe, boot, or whatever it is they're holding in reserve SOON so we can get on with this.
Wait till you not only take damage from spells but you also take Stamina Damage on top of it. With an all 70+ suit and 100 Resist Skill I was taking 30-40 Stamina Damage per spell. LOL

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
I found some plate pieces of my EV temp old luck suit in the bank so I went back to the unbounds. It looks like full plate reduced stam loss to @12% at full health knocking me from 154 to 135 stam constantly. But at 2/3rds health I was getting hit for a little more stam damage. So Rumpy is onto something as well concerning hp correlation to stm damage.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 27, 2003
Wait till you not only take damage from spells but you also take Stamina Damage on top of it. With an all 70+ suit and 100 Resist Skill I was taking 30-40 Stamina Damage per spell. LOL
I ran the baracoon spawn on a woodland equiped sampire and after the third level it was very hard to keep my stam up. Even WW with a group of things to leech from wouldn't fill me up. Stupid change with no understanding on what the down side would be to every one who actually plays this game on a daily basis. Destroy everyone's suits and leave us worse off after the fact.

Reactions: Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
I ran the baracoon spawn on a woodland equiped sampire and after the third level it was very hard to keep my stam up. Even WW with a group of things to leech from wouldn't fill me up. Stupid change with no understanding on what the down side would be to every one who actually plays this game on a daily basis. Destroy everyone's suits and leave us worse off after the fact.
I was taking that Stamina Damage from just 1 (ONE) Spellbinder casting spells in New Haven. LOL

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Studded, bone, ringmail, and chainmail are still unmedable but offer inferior stamina protection. They've gone from being not as good as leather (but still viable if you don't have med and like the looks) to being total garbage. Dragon armor is still garbage. Not one new weapon has been made viable, a few have been slowed down and made worthless.

If they keep giving us "options" like this, soon we won't have anything left.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Studded, bone, ringmail, and chainmail are still unmedable but offer inferior stamina protection. They've gone from being not as good as leather (but still viable if you don't have med and like the looks) to being total garbage. Dragon armor is still garbage. Not one new weapon has been made viable, a few have been slowed down and made worthless.

If they keep giving us "options" like this, soon we won't have anything left.
Wait aren;t ringmail and chainmail supposed to give the same stamina protection as plate? Idk I haven;t tested those yet. Though yes it does seem studded and bone wonlt be used.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Oh yeah no, ring and chain are okay, my bad. It's studded, bone, and dragon that are trash. Wood is inferior but might survive based on base resists and material mods.

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2003
It will be interesting to see the comments of those who play mages when they figure out what wearing leather will do to them every time they get hit by a ratman.
I was reading through this thread, trying to understand what on earth any of this meant... and then this post just got to the nub of the issue. What exactly does this mean for mages for instance, a template that's never really needed Stamina for PvM, but possibly does for PvP? I don't have a clue. Do I have to increase Stamina because leather armour will itself apply a Stamina drain? What about metal shields used for the otherwise wasted offhand? What if you're using artefacts for some of the pieces? Frankly, I find the increased complexity utterly depressing; Because let me be honest here, with AoS's switch to Diablo system, a gaming style which is it has to be said is heavily divisive, I simply stopped building warriors because I tire of struggling with constantly analysing stats and min/maxing their gear. It saps all of the fun out of the game for me, because I'm not in game to eke out every minuscule advantage; I don't take pride in DPS charts or winning at all costs; I want narrative and communal experiences, I want to go new places, see new things... I recently hosted a Charybdis event on Europa, on my roleplay fisher who only uses a cutlass and pirate hat because it fits the character. He can barely beat up a daemon, but that's ok because he relies on his wits to snaffle fish... or can run about on his wrecked ship healing people by just slapping a bandage on, or poking the odd cheeky tentacle. But if I wanted to keep the hat and actually fight, I have to redesign an entire suit already, to fit around the mods on that hat. And why does even his cutlass have a Stealth special on it? Are Ninjas famous for using cutlasses? And why do both special skills sap Mana instead of Stamina, is he supposed to be a mage as well? What's the point of all this, even if I can work it out...??

Post AoS user figures show how divisive and for many, how alienating the system was back then. Since then we've added Imbuing, multiple skill combinations and synergies, and now you propose to complicate it even further, to the point that many of us, who have years or even decades in game, can't really understand what you're trying to do? Please, go back to the drawing board and try again. You need something simple, to the point... something which, as many others have suggested, can be explained to a newbie coming fresh to the game, and wondering why wearing Plate matters...

This is just a suggestion, but why not drop the entire Stamina angle, and simply give a clear, role focused bonus to the armour?

Leather has either an inherent +Mana or +Fast Cast, something mage related
Plate has +Damage Eater or +Hit Points, something tanking related.
Dragon Scale: +Resistances or depending on the colour, + Fire (Red Scale) +Poison (Green Scale) damage. A simple, magically charged bonus to go with how people think armour made from dragons would be.
Wood armour +Archery related skills if you want to continue an elf theme?
Bone Armour +Necromancy related skills. Maybe even allow multiple summons the more boned-up you are?

Worried about imbalances? Put it on Test and slowly nerf weaponry to counterbalance, after all the stats-nerds and Iwannawin-wonks have torn it apart looking for imbalances sure. But please, please drop the over reliance on stats and figures. Remember that Hildebrandt painting of UO? THAT'S what people want to be... although the lady far left in the tower is possibly about to chug what may be a Heal Pot, I don't see anyone sitting up there with an abacus saying "Wait, before I can punch that lizardman, I need to make sure I've not drunk one in the last 20 seconds, and I've exercised just enough to have the exact stamina to wield this weapon between now and then..." whilst the Lizardman says "Do you mind hurrying this up, there's blokes on the ladder behind me suffering from Spined Scale related stamina loss..."

That dragon over there though? And the mage going "Crackle crackle pew pew"? That's me saying "All Kill" and having fun. The craftsmen though? They're sobbing in their rude huts and refusing to come out except for mega millions, because they have to slave over the paperwork for an hour before they can even sell what the client actually wants when they say "Give me a suit that'll beat up that dragon..."

KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Last edited:

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Please, go back to the drawing board and try again.
I get a kick out of some of the comments we've seen in this thread so far i.e "UO College" and "Slide Ruler", it's funny but not funny.

Be the first to get your Masters Degree in UO Algorithm Linear Equations or your UO+ Certification so you can explain wtf any of this means to new players entering the game or 15 year old vets working 50+ hours week who just don't have the time to process this garbage.

This is just a suggestion, but why not drop the entire Stamina angle, and simply give a clear, role focused bonus to the armour?

Leather has either an inherent +Mana or +Fast Cast, something mage related
Plate has +Damage Eater or +Hit Points, something tanking related.
Dragon Scale: +Resistances or depending on the colour, + Fire (Red Scale) +Poison (Green Scale) damage. A simple, magically charged bonus to go with how people think armour made from dragons would be.
Wood armour +Archery related skills if you want to continue an elf theme?
Bone Armour +Necromancy related skills. Maybe even allow multiple summons the more boned-up you are?
This is a good suggestion Adol. Arcades also had very good suggestions and both of you summarized largely what I think a majority of the playerbase was looking for.

No one asked for this stamina garbage that was introduced.

The 4.5 Weapons speed on the Soul Glaive and Composite bow (any weapon essentially) is garbage.

Taking out feint from leafblade is garbage.

Blade weave is random is and still garbage.

Take out the garbage!

Personally I prefer to see change come by adding new content rather than changing existing content.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Oh yeah no, ring and chain are okay, my bad. It's studded, bone, and dragon that are trash. Wood is inferior but might survive based on base resists and material mods.
Yes, that's still one flawed part of the equation. Maybe they'll look a bit better after we seen armor revamp part 2...

This is a good suggestion Adol. Arcades also had very good suggestions and both of you summarized largely what I think a majority of the playerbase was looking for.
No one asked for this stamina garbage that was introduced.
Can we please wait, till we call something garbage, until we know the whole picture? Half of Pub 81 (Armor rev. part 2) is still in the pipe and we haven't seen it yet...

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Hey we didn't MAKE them split it up into two parts, throw one of them onto TC, and then solicit input.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
Really?
Considering there has never been any attempt in how many years to reduce the speed most dexxers physically move at?
Now add in the fact that most are ALWAYS swinging at 1.25 secs and add the fact this NEVER decreases due to no red pot timer.
Now add in the fact the casting delay timer not only for damage spells but also healing spells and the fact you cant move while you cast or cast on the run.
You call this balanced? Are you serious?

Stop complaining because it effects you, at least make a point, this is just blind complaining.

I would also challenge anyone who says these changes destroyed their suit (not their weapon) to explain what uber new suit i need to make. I think the community agreed this armour sucked.
But please be more elaborate so i can ridicule you further.
As usual you are clueless and totally mage-biased :)

Except for throwers, pvp has been quite balanced for some time now.

You just pointing out the negatives to a caster while not pointing out the equal negatives to a warrior is just plain ridiculous.
Do mage spells whiff? Are mage spells ranged?

If you had actually been pvping the past year or two you would understand the balance I was referring to.

Btw what are you talking about when you say "reduce the speed most dexxers physically move at"
Wtf are you talking about?
Are you trying to say that dexxers should move slower then mages?
What exactly is "physical speed" in UO bud? Lmao, did you even stop to think for one millisecond before you typed that one?

All I can say is you must be one clueless and horrible mage since in your own words you have been at a huge disadvantage to even non throwing warriors the past couple years. And you did quite clearly infer this by saying "You call this balanced? Are you serious?"

Ouch :(

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
There is a flaw in your logic. Why would stamina drop? A warrior would wear plate, which prevents stamina loss...
Have you not tested anything yourself or even read what others have tested?

There is a considerable stam drop even wearing plate and taking the tradeoffs :(

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
If dexers only can be successful with just one single/specific weapon, soul glaive in this case, then there is something completely wrong with the whole system.
How can disarm be a nerf? A dexer has a 10 sec protection. And I assume, that lots of mages use a mage weapon for cheap 120 extra skill, so wrestling won't fit in here either.
Mortal strike: Ok, this is a nerf. But again, if PvP just revolves around this single special, then something is wrong.
Bleed: Now the duration will be halved, if bleed is reapplied in the exact same moment, as it is removed. Otherwise you just loose a few seconds. Not that worse...
Gargoyle HCI is evened out, so what. Not everyone plays a garg.
STamina arguments: Dexer will only loose stamina, when pushing through objects. Everything else will be prevented by heavier armor. Mages on the other hand will loose stamina with every hit they take. I can imagine, that they will have a hard time keeping their distance...
You 'assume' that wrestlemages being able to spam disarm is ok and not a potential bigger issue? Where the fark did you pull that assumption from?
You are the template police? Because alot of mages use sc mage weps you decided that wrestlemages are not around or dont count after the new patch? Thats ridiculous. Can you be more blindly biased?

Tip the already crappy balance of disarm in the mages favor for what reason? Why was this done?
Nerf mortal, nerf bleed, seriously?

In your own words you have pointed out at least half a dozen huge warrior nerfs and only one mage nerf but because you pointed them out one by one you say its ok? That is extremely foolish and incorrect logic. Sum up all the warrior nerfs you pointed out and it is a gigantic issue.

*shakes head*

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2004
Completely and utterly foul up EVERY warrior template and then ask the warriors/players to understand an amazingly over complicated new set of formulas so that they can test the new screwups and tell the Devs how to fix them all the while realizing that they will not fix the majority of them anyways.

Bravo!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 9, 2009
I'm on a UO hiatus until next week while I deal with some work and personal emergencies.
But I figure I'll post some opinions, understandings and whatever about the notes.

Damage bump for alot of stuff is appreciated, (I'd like to see more on some of the items). Maybe even make some of the 2H weapons which either hit harder or faster than 1h of the same speed/damage class.

Stamina loss. On paper the armor reducing stamina loss seems not too bad. One thing I think needs to be tied in with these stamina changes, (other than proper scaling) is Push through. I think push through may need to be looked at. Maybe allowing push through as long as the char can afford to spend the stamina rather than only allowing it at full stamina. (Stam relating Push through is a huge Fel Mechanic). I think regular leather and other medible armor types should not provide any penalty or increased stam loss over normal (ie current), and then the non-medible types offer increasing protection against stam loss, so nobody has to worry too much about complete suit overhalls.

I like the changes to the special moves themselves. Looks like dexers will be a getting a bump to weapon options, and hopefully get out of the disable spam that dexer combat has become.

For the link of weapons to specials, need to ensure Feint remains on a viable fencing weapon. Though the feint special itself probably could benefit from being re-examined.

For the Mana Burst/Phase effect, on non-medible armor, I think we need the numbers along with testing to see how those pan out, but at the same time, the player community needs to take a chill pill on that one. Offer some ideas or opinions on some other useful bonuses. This change is an added bonus, you CAN spend some time figuring it out and how to take full advantage, or you can completely ignore it and still get the bonus. Nobody is forcing you to figure it out.
(Full plate is 6 pieces, so a 6% chance to trigger the effect when player takes damage)
(Full studded leather is also 5 pieces, so @3% /piece thats 15% chance to trigger when player takes damage)

DCI Change, You can still overcap but since its a % rather than a flat it causes a scaling of usefulness. Going up against an opponent with overcapped DCI will make them a little easier to hit, rather than being completely useless. Going up against an opponent with crappy DCI and it doesnt make much of a difference.
This basically caters HLD to be useful against opponents with huge amounts of defense. So I like this change.

Cleansing Winds scales power per target based on how many targets. It looks like the change makes it weaker for x-heal, and full potency for self heal. You can usually interrupt people on the self heal, unless they are in stone form/prot, and with the buffs to a couple of the specials and abilities it looks like there will a little less I WIN button from Cleansing winds.

Animal form interrupt while casting. Absolutely 100% behind this one.

SSI Debuff from armor; Indifferent

------ As soon as I get some time in the schedule I'll hit TC and take these changes for a spin.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Where the fark did you pull that assumption from?
You are the template police?
Can you be more blindly biased?
LOL. Template police, I like it :D

Can you guys get more emotional? I guess not...

This is a forum. People voice their opinios. So do I.
Opinions are subject to be right, wrong, not fitting or not shared by others.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
So, I've been to Test Center. It's not as bad as you think. It's far worse.

Anyone not panicking over the stamina thing needs to start, because right now it's set to drive people out of the game in droves. A character in leather armor will literally see his stamina plummet to nothing just letting a mongbat slap him a little bit. Pretty much every existing dexer suit just became instant trash. Not just nerfed, but turned into garbage that you wouldn't give away to a newbie. I don't know what mages are going to do. Chug stamina potions every 10 seconds, even in PVM I guess.

Weapon specials have been swapped seemingly at random, as if a teenager put up a freeshard and started juggling them around just to be different. Thousands of leafblades just became instant junk for no real reason, and fencing has been neutered in PVM. Classic Britannian weapons have elf-themed specials that make no sense. (War maces are apparently really in tune with nature, I don't know.) It's just a wall-to-wall mess.

All of the slow worthless weapons no one has used since AOS are still slow and worthless. Dragon armor is still worthless. I'm still going to be standing around chaining armor ignore on everything with a war axe. Oh except I wear a bone helmet and studded gorget with my plate suit, so I get to change those. I wish plate gorgets weren't still bugged after 15 years and actually showed up on my character. Whee, thanks for all these new "options" guys, I hated being able to look how I wanted.

I ate the last of my chill pills a month ago when the "bug fix patch" erased two weeks of my gameplay. I'm all out. It's time to raise the mother of all stinks, and quit if this garbage patch goes through. Yeah it's not written in stone, but frankly it's ominous that it was written at all. These proposed changes tell me that the people in charge of the game don't understand it at all.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 19, 2009
Yes, that's still one flawed part of the equation. Maybe they'll look a bit better after we seen armor revamp part 2...

Can we please wait, till we call something garbage, until we know the whole picture? Half of Pub 81 (Armor rev. part 2) is still in the pipe and we haven't seen it yet...

So if I fill a bowl with half garbage and half chili it wouldn't be garbage?

Would you still eat it even though there is garbage in it?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Yeah I liked the whole stamina reduction protection thing they put on nonmedable armor. I hate that they made stamina loss so much worse though. Now you have to wear metal armor just so you can get the same or similar stamina loss to live. Leather is just bad..practically worseless now because the stamina loss is just terrible wearing it. They really should have kept stamina loss the same I think and then added that whole stamina loss reduction system like another poster above said. Especially if they insist on keeping that silly 10second timer on total refresh.

Also I wish they would just go ahead and tell us what part 2 of the armor revamp is. Sure I am guessing there is reasons they donlt have it up at the same time. Sounds like our feedback on part 1 is going to influence how they develop part 2. But getting a general idea at least would be nice. I just hope once again that they actually listen to our feedback. I know they said they would but unfortunately in the past crappy stuff has still gone through.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
So if I fill a bowl with half garbage and half chili it wouldn't be garbage?

Would you still eat it even though there is garbage in it?
That's a bad analogy, because there migth be synergies between part 1 & part 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.