• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Issues purchases items from the EA Store

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, I know many of you are frustrated by your failed attempts to purchases items from the EA store. Please know that EA is working on fixing this issue and as soon as I have more information I will pass it along. Mesanna

Continue reading...

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My purchase went through, but I did not get a code.

If you got confirmation that order was purchased but no code:
Two ways to check, both require looking in your email.
1. Code is in email. Email will come from EA - Title - Order Confirmation. Open and scroll down past the "thank you for your order" to "Order Summary" code is there.
2. On EA site - Account Settings - Order History. Note, they will require a security code to be applied that they send to your email. So, yeah may as well just look in email.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As above. I didn’t get the code. Mesanna sent me similar info as bobs to receive code vis EA site login

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I also did not find it on my account when I logged into eamythic.com. I also checked the help section, but still no code or how to get it.
Go to Electronic Arts Home Page - Official EA Site , not eamythic.com then follow Morgana's instructions

If you got confirmation that order was purchased but no code:
2. On EA site - Account Settings - Order History.
When you see your order, click the + button to expand it, your code is listed there.

It should look something like this:
1675722904434.png

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I found it! However, it says "processing" and when I click the + button, there is no code. Just shows my order number and what I ordered, and that it's still processing. I hover over the "?" and it says some items haven't been delivered yet. I guess I still have to wait a bit. Thank you everyone for the help! I will post back to let you know if I ever get my code. The transaction is showing up on my bank account.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i had this issue last week after making 2 5000 sov 1 went thought right away the other the next day, just wait until tomorrow you'll have your code

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Issue is likely due to someone at EA seeing some error for "UO" and thinking to themselves "Why the hell are we getting an error from the University of Oregon?"... before someone that's been around for the last 20 years tells them that it's really an error for some old ass game they still technically own so poke the hamster to keep the system running.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I generally sub 2 of my accounts every 2-3 months to see if I still want to play or if I finally want to pull the plug on the official shards. I buy game time codes so I do not have to worry about whether I want it to resub or not. This time around, I was enjoying myself and went to resub my 2 accounts that I still use and cannot, EA does not want my money apparently. No worries about losing anything as they just closed but sometimes I think EA is trying to tell me to hang it up on the official shards and stick with the free shards.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I generally sub 2 of my accounts every 2-3 months to see if I still want to play or if I finally want to pull the plug on the official shards. I buy game time codes so I do not have to worry about whether I want it to resub or not. This time around, I was enjoying myself and went to resub my 2 accounts that I still use and cannot, EA does not want my money apparently. No worries about losing anything as they just closed but sometimes I think EA is trying to tell me to hang it up on the official shards and stick with the free shards.
2 months ago I had some connection lagging , so I ended with buying one more 6-month code. I like it hanging in my email.
Hope all problems were caused by players buying rustic theme packs . and garden beds. And they just forgot it , swimming in a pool filled with Shampagne wine . If I will swim in one I'll definitely forget to update new codes .
Good thing : it finally pocked hamster and Kyronix became active on official forum, Bonnie writing new messages on website about fixes instead of fighting players memorials. They are messing with forum in some way , breaking it . Means they are trying do do something.
May be we will get some replies on bug subforum from dev team one day......

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Issue is likely due to someone at EA seeing some error for "UO" and thinking to themselves "Why the hell are we getting an error from the University of Oregon?"... before someone that's been around for the last 20 years tells them that it's really an error for some old ass game they still technically own so poke the hamster to keep the system running.
Did you mean UP? NO! I really mean UO. Perhaps you want to go to Uni? NO! I want to game my life away in UUUUOOOOO. <--- every search I perform. :(

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am being told that six month codes are finally being sent out. Hopefully this will be resolved.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Last month I switch over from the old Origin.com to the new and improved(?) EA.com Did not have any problems. This was another purchase from EA for the game codes, I was getting a message that there was a problem with my card, so I called the bank, they said no it not at our end has to be with them, I sent a message to the support did not get a reply like I have done before during the transfer to shard error when I was trying to log in before. I waiting for a bit then try to purchase my codes again this time it went thru.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last month I switch over from the old Origin.com to the new and improved(?) EA.com Did not have any problems. This was another purchase from EA for the game codes, I was getting a message that there was a problem with my card, so I called the bank, they said no it not at our end has to be with them, I sent a message to the support did not get a reply like I have done before during the transfer to shard error when I was trying to log in before. I waiting for a bit then try to purchase my codes again this time it went thru.
There was a 20 day problem with the store.

You are lucky you did not notice it until now.

I'm not sure how you missed @Anon McDougle s daily complaining and blaming Mesanna for an EA website she has no control over. He wanted a daily update from her about it. All we got was his multi times a day complaints.

They say it is working now.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok what exactly would you think Mesanna should be held responsible for?
Keeping UO running like it has been for 26 years. Name a game that you can choose to play that has more options than UO does. There are hundreds of things you can do at any point in time in UO.

They keep those running, when a shard is down they fix it. That's why they do not attempt to fix things that are not in UO.

Do you have constant critiques that know nothing about you but tell you what to do in your job?

Tell me how to do my job and Ill tell you to Pancake off and stick an Omelet up your donut. She is too nice to do that.

They do not work for us. They choose what to add to UO.

You and Popps make your easy bus game yet?

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just bought a 30day time code using funds I had in my EA Wallet ... finally worked! and code was sent almost instantly after purchase.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Keeping UO running like it has been for 26 years. Name a game that you can choose to play that has more options than UO does. There are hundreds of things you can do at any point in time in UO.

They keep those running, when a shard is down they fix it. That's why they do not attempt to fix things that are not in UO.
There are hundreds of things to do in UO because that was the vision of Richard Garriott and has been built out over a couple decades. There were hundreds of things to do before Mesanna ever took over. To be honest the game has been in cruise control for a while now so it's not like she's actively maintaining the customer base.

Also... keeping a shard running or keeping the game "playable" is basically the bare minimum of UO staff. If they can't do that then it's very apparent their job isn't being done. That being said, we are talking about Mesanna... so when you say "they" keep the shards running it's the Dev team (likely Bleak/Kyronix) and not specifically Mesanna.

Can anyone answer the question of what Mesanna, specifically, has done for UO to hang her hat on? I'll give her NL since that was something that was announced on her watch and maybe she was the person who brought that to the table.... and so far 3 years later NL is vaporware so what else is there?

Do you have constant critiques that know nothing about you but tell you what to do in your job?
Ironic you said this because I remember back a few years ago when Trump was in office and you basically made daily posts critiquing the job he was doing and trying to act like you know what needed to be done. Weird how that works.

Personally, I don't have anything against Mesanna as I don't think she's corrupt (aside from the fact that her husband still has a job after being horrible at QC). That said, if Mesanna was doing the job she is now with UO anywhere else, she would have almost certainly been fired a long time ago because she has shown that she lacks the skills to be a leader and this has been confirmed by several people that have worked with her (GM Rain being the latest to say it).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 are you that ignorant of UO that you think nothing has been added since what 2012 when this crew took over? I guess you have never been to Eodon or had a pet or sunk a beacon. Plus many other updates to areas. A returning player from 2012 would barely recognize UO now.

Who do you think is keeping all the things running that were not created by them?

That's pretty much what any team does with a game. WoW Diablo they keep them running and add things tweek things as the team size allows. But the basic game stays the same.

I bet McDonalds still has a Big Mac also.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fresh example of keeping the game running.

Never hire @Pawain to be your getaway driver. You tell him to keep the car running and the first thing he'll do is shut it off as a "fresh example of keeping it running."

I'm sure all of this "maintenance" on the Asian shards will lead to serious performance improvements. :lol::lol::lol:

Come on man, do you honestly believe the BS flowing through your keyboard right now?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Never hire @Pawain to be your getaway driver. You tell him to keep the car running and the first thing he'll do is shut it off as a "fresh example of keeping it running."

I'm sure all of this "maintenance" on the Asian shards will lead to serious performance improvements. :lol::lol::lol:

Come on man, do you honestly believe the BS flowing through your keyboard right now?
It's a hard job being the biggest fanboi but PStain has proven he is up to the task. The sad part is that I think he actually does believe what he's saying. There is simply no arguing with stupid.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a hard job being the biggest fanboi but PStain has proven he is up to the task. The sad part is that I think he actually does believe what he's saying. There is simply no arguing with stupid.
So which fact about her job is not correct and the way the business model of most every business works?

I do believe in the evolved business models of games and most everything now. Make a product, if it sells do not change it, add a few items to the menu but do not change the basics. Why do you think every chain restaurant looks the same and has the same menu items?

Of course you cant argue with me you have nothing to prove the nothing you say during a debate. Which all you do is name call people and call that an educated reply. You present nothing, because you know nothing about her job description.

So you are saying Kyronix and Bleak can't find a better boss? Obviously they are ok with her leadership. A revolving door of employees is a sign of bad leadership, UO does not have that.

Sorry I'm getting too complicated for your tiny knowledge of how a business operates.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Fellas, I am as frustrated as anyone with some of the current issues affecting UO, but this store issue affects a lot of people... please keep this on topic and not have this devolve into another personal pissing match or discussion about Mesanna's ability to do her job.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fellas, I am as frustrated as anyone with some of the current issues affecting UO, but this store issue affects a lot of people... please keep this on topic and not have this devolve into another personal pissing match or discussion about Mesanna's ability to do her job.
I'm pretty sure the store issue is Fixed. EA fixed it, they discovered they actually did own a game called Ultima Online.
:lol:

Posters are saying they can buy all sizes of codes etc.

I'll do as requested.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I bought a 1 and a 6 month gtc some days ago.

A discussion about the qualification of several bs employees is beyond the scope of this thread.
I can only say the loss of communication pi.... Me off.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Getting an "internal server error" "Sorry, we've encountered an error. Please try again in a few minutes." when trying to access the UO site of EA. So we can't get new Game Time Codes currently, yipes! Anyone any ideas?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Getting an "internal server error" "Sorry, we've encountered an error. Please try again in a few minutes." when trying to access the UO site of EA. So we can't get new Game Time Codes currently, yipes! Anyone any ideas?
They changed their site around a lot and got rid of Origin. Try this link Get Ultima Online for PC – Free-to-play games – EA and look for the addons below the main game and use the arrows to find the addon/game time you want. I hope this helps.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone said it is down for Europe and Japan. Not sure if you can do something to buy from another country's site.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They changed their site around a lot and got rid of Origin. Try this link Get Ultima Online for PC – Free-to-play games – EA and look for the addons below the main game and use the arrows to find the addon/game time you want. I hope this helps.
The "500 Error" page comes out when one try to buy something from the EA UO Store (in my case Game Time Codes form Italy).

The problem is STILL ongoin, and NOT ONE PEEP form Her Glacial Ladyship & the Rats Pack.

UN-FRACKING-BELIEVABLE!

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just purchased 1 month game time code with no issues. Steps I took if anyone is interested....
UO.com
upper right - account - opens Broadsword Account Management in another tab - DO NOT close uo.com tab, you will need it!
after you log in with ea account it pops you back to Broadsword Account Management
went back to the original UO.com tab and clicked on EA Store (also the site url that DreadLord Lestat posted)
that takes you to the Ultima Online landing page with EA (at this point 3 tabs open - uo.com, ea ultima online page, and account management)
scroll down to Add - ons and pick your poison - follow their prompts
It seems now you have to either, check your email to get code OR if you check order history to find code. You still have to get a code sent to your email to proceed. Soooo may as well just retrieve it from the confirmation email they send to avoid yet another step. I posted about that in Feb higher up in this thread. I would only use the order history get code in email option if I did not receive a confirmation email for purchase.
Yes it's a pita all those tabs and what not, BUT I've discovered as long as everything is up and running on EA's side following the steps of being logged in I've had no problems.

Edit to add ~ Pawain mentioned up there that there could be issues with Europe and Japan. That's going to be something that is up on EA's side. Might want to contact their support and let them know if you are unable to purchase via another country isp.

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just purchased 1 month game time code with no issues. Steps I took if anyone is interested....
UO.com
upper right - account - opens Broadsword Account Management in another tab - DO NOT close uo.com tab, you will need it!
after you log in with ea account it pops you back to Broadsword Account Management
went back to the original UO.com tab and clicked on EA Store (also the site url that DreadLord Lestat posted)
that takes you to the Ultima Online landing page with EA (at this point 3 tabs open - uo.com, ea ultima online page, and account management)
scroll down to Add - ons and pick your poison - follow their prompts
It seems now you have to either, check your email to get code OR if you check order history to find code. You still have to get a code sent to your email to proceed. Soooo may as well just retrieve it from the confirmation email they send to avoid yet another step. I posted about that in Feb higher up in this thread. I would only use the order history get code in email option if I did not receive a confirmation email for purchase.
Yes it's a pita all those tabs and what not, BUT I've discovered as long as everything is up and running on EA's side following the steps of being logged in I've had no problems.

Edit to add ~ Pawain mentioned up there that there could be issues with Europe and Japan. That's going to be something that is up on EA's side. Might want to contact their support and let them know if you are unable to purchase via another country isp.
1) Thanks for you advise: that is EXACTLY the procedure that I use every time I want to buy something (Game Time Codes, Sovreigns, etc.) from the EA UO Store. The only difference is that from DAYS when you "pick your poison" the ONLY thing that happens is the "500 Error" page.

2) I have already contacted EA support and I'm waiting for an answer (that I doubt I will ever get, but who knows...);

3) Let's stop anyway to make excuses for the BS/UO management, OK? They are LAZY enough as it is! Frankly I don't care what is the business relation between BS and EA: I pay to play a BS game, and I DEMAND that when a problem of this magnitude drags itself FOR DAYS the Glacial Lady and her posse of sycophants have AT LEAST the common decency to reply to the request in their OFFICIAL Forum. They don't care for the money from players outside the mighty USA? Fine by me: I will spare some hundreds bucks yearly, but they should at least have the guts to say so clearly and officially.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EA manages the UO store, not Broadsword. I'd imagine they report problems to EA but to EA, UO is small potatoes, so things don't really get fixed.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here. I'll have ChatGPT write a canned response for you.

Write a response for a complaint from an ultima online player from the Ultima Online Producer Mesanna. Let them know that Broadsword Entertainment is aware of the issue and EA (their parent company) is working on a fix. The complaint: a player from Italy is concerned that they are unable to access the EA store to purchase Ultima online game time codes and they expressed concern that Broadsword does not care about international subscribers
Subject: Re: Access Issues with EA Store - Ultima Online

Dear [Player's Name],

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your concerns about accessing the EA store to purchase Ultima Online game time codes. We value every single member of our community, and we are committed to making your gaming experience the best it can be, irrespective of your location.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. We understand the frustration that comes with issues like this, and we would like to assure you that we are taking your complaint very seriously.

We have already escalated your concerns to our parent company, Electronic Arts (EA), and they are currently working diligently to resolve the issue. The development team is in the process of investigating and implementing a solution to ensure that all international players, including our valued Italian community, can access the store without restrictions.

Broadsword Entertainment, as the developer of Ultima Online, is deeply committed to all our players across the globe. We want to reassure you that we do indeed care about our international subscribers, and are striving to provide the same level of service and access to everyone, regardless of their geographical location.

In the meantime, we would recommend you to keep checking back for updates on the issue. If you need any other assistance or have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

We look forward to seeing you back in the realm of Ultima Online very soon. Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to our game.

Best regards,

Mesanna
Ultima Online Producer
Broadsword Online Games

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve a feeling they’ve outsourced everything to India or something. And there are language barriers and the staff just have no clue what anyone is talking about.

Look at the title of this information release:
ISSUES PURCHASES ITEMS FROM THE EA STORE

it’s not English and nobody at broadsword could speak enough English to proofread a press release that was shorter than a tweet?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They don't care for the money from players outside the mighty USA? Fine by me: I will spare some hundreds bucks yearly,
No you won't. Let's not kid ourselves. You will continue to whine and cry to anyone who will listen then be super excited to pay them once they are willing to take your silly monopoly money once again.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Here. I'll have ChatGPT write a canned response for you.

Subject: Re: Access Issues with EA Store - Ultima Online

Dear [Player's Name],

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your concerns about accessing the EA store to purchase Ultima Online game time codes. We value every single member of our community, and we are committed to making your gaming experience the best it can be, irrespective of your location.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. We understand the frustration that comes with issues like this, and we would like to assure you that we are taking your complaint very seriously.

We have already escalated your concerns to our parent company, Electronic Arts (EA), and they are currently working diligently to resolve the issue. The development team is in the process of investigating and implementing a solution to ensure that all international players, including our valued Italian community, can access the store without restrictions.

Broadsword Entertainment, as the developer of Ultima Online, is deeply committed to all our players across the globe. We want to reassure you that we do indeed care about our international subscribers, and are striving to provide the same level of service and access to everyone, regardless of their geographical location.

In the meantime, we would recommend you to keep checking back for updates on the issue. If you need any other assistance or have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.

We look forward to seeing you back in the realm of Ultima Online very soon. Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to our game.

Best regards,

Mesanna
Ultima Online Producer
Broadsword Online Games
Too polite: it wuold be clear that it were produced by an Intelligence. :p

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve a feeling they’ve outsourced everything to India or something. And there are language barriers and the staff just have no clue what anyone is talking about.
A local pizza chain decided to outsource phone call answering to India or the Philippines a few years ago. No language barrier, but the one time I experienced it, the person was not familiar with the intricacies of the menu and had to forward me to the store anyway. I don't think that experiment lasted long.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
A local pizza chain decided to outsource phone call answering to India or the Philippines a few years ago. No language barrier, but the one time I experienced it, the person was not familiar with the intricacies of the menu and had to forward me to the store anyway. I don't think that experiment lasted long.
Ya, because pepperoni is hard! :p

Seems odd for a pizza place to do that. Is it a mega source for pizza locally?

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

It was Round Table in CA. I'm not sure if the whole chain did it or just this particular franchise. And it was for pepperoni! One of the pepperoni specialty pizzas was on special for 18.99 but she was trying to charge me for a regular pepperoni at regular price of $30+! So that wasn't gonna happen. :p

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

The thinking probably was that, with minimum wage going up almost every year, they could outsource the phones and hopefully keep staff to a minimum to keep payroll costs down. Anyway, after that I started just ordering on the app - until last year when they kept raising prices and stopped having any decent specials.