• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*mumbles* can not put this puzzlepieces together ....
and yes I've read some of the spoilers here where to look for the 4 items Mythran needs....but of course I be again to blond to see the fingerpoints ;)

What we have to do in Minoc? Why are there Quicksilverelements? What do we have to to with the quicksilver you find as loot?
What must we do on the burming fields near britain, the flooded area in vesper and near the skara brae coast?
Mythran only named some places but nothing else... and yes he told us a wonderful story about his ancient pagan world and the religion they had....
How should someone find the questioned items (heart of earth, tongue of flames, breath of air and tear of sea) find without any more concrete tips?

Sorry but Mythrans given testimonies are so meaningless to me who never played Ultma VIII and so not very helpful :(.

Really - I have no idea how to go on

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Minoc: Get 20 Quicksilver items (at minimum), craft the item with a GM Tinker/GM Mage character. I believe it's under tools - it looks like an Ancient Smith Hammer when equipped. Say the words with it in your pack.

Skara: Reagents in pouch, wand in pack. Doubleclick wand. Elf or Gargoyle chars might need +skill jewelry - humans can do it immediately.

Tongue of Flames: Crafted pentagram in a house (any pentagram might work.) Rough idea of candle placement:

.....R
..R...B
..R...R

Tear of Seas: SOSs, random chance it's in the chest.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*mumbles* can not put this puzzlepieces together ....
and yes I've read some of the spoilers here where to look for the 4 items Mythran needs....but of course I be again to blond to see the fingerpoints ;)

What we have to do in Minoc? Why are there Quicksilverelements? What do we have to to with the quicksilver you find as loot?
What must we do on the burming fields near britain, the flooded area in vesper and near the skara brae coast?
Mythran only named some places but nothing else... and yes he told us a wonderful story about his ancient pagan world and the religion they had....
How should someone find the questioned items (heart of earth, tongue of flames, breath of air and tear of sea) find without any more concrete tips?

Sorry but Mythrans given testimonies are so meaningless to me who never played Ultma VIII and so not very helpful :(.

Really - I have no idea how to go on
I have only completed the tear of sea part.
Go to Vesper and find Kalen between the Butcher and Baker shops. Take his quest, which
means you gotta fish up MIB's to find the item he seeks

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@drcossack

Oki thx :) *feels a bit better* ...

btw. which reagents? the old - if yes which ones? Mage reagents, necro regs, mysticsm regs? Or even the new ones? Pumice and so on?

and first of all I wish to know - therefore nothing and absolute nothing stands about in the books where from the warmest hell you all know this ;) :arr:
I'm no longer wondering about the this most important event are swimming down the Rhine to the North-Sea.....

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@drcossack

Oki thx :) *feels a bit better* ...

btw. which reagents? the old - if yes which ones? Mage reagents, necro regs, mysticsm regs? Or even the new ones? Pumice and so on?
It tells you in the Pagan Spellbook. The Perihelion spell requires 1 Daemon Bone & 1 Sulfurous Ash, plus Pumice & Obsidian. Grant Peace requires an Executioner's Cap & Blackmoore. The book won't tell you the # needed for Intervention, but the tinker crafting menu will.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
honestly... who the heck will think to look at his worker tools if changings will be set ingame with losing no word 'bout it.....
*flowing again 'bout a coockoo nest* .....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm very disappointed in the Quicksilver part. I spent hours last night collecting it only to fail several times. I mean, c'mon, a 5% chance to make this thing AND you lose significant Quicksilver!
Use a +25 Tinker Talisman on a Gm tinker.. Luckily I got it on the first try last night using that.

Why would I do that though? It's stupid.

Edited to add: Your suggestion isn't stupid, Kylie. I should have said more clearly that the idea that we have to use soulstones to do this is stupid. Really stupid.
I gotz thick skin ;) No biggie either way but thx for the clarification :D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Tinkering Master Craftsman talisman is even better. It prevents material loss.

yep. I had one of those and made 2 foci (one for me, one for a friend that supplied the parts) with only 8 charges used, and no components lost. And, it was only a +13% talisman (for an 18% success chance).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My 0-necro elf tamer managed to do the necro part without adding anything. I just ignored the necro message.

Strangely, I tried about 50 times to do the breath of air part, before doing the skara part as above - and it would never work until I did the undead part.

Now, the hard part - trying to do the fishing part, before returning to the dungeons for t-maps. I only have 1 red candle.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A pic of the pentagram would be better. I cant seem to get it to work. A craftable pentagram is 3 x 3 and tilted so do we go with the way the pentagram is facing.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My 0-necro elf tamer managed to do the necro part without adding anything. I just ignored the necro message.

Strangely, I tried about 50 times to do the breath of air part, before doing the skara part as above - and it would never work until I did the undead part.

Now, the hard part - trying to do the fishing part, before returning to the dungeons for t-maps. I only have 1 red candle.
Confirmed! Thanks for all the help, everyone. Me the dunce actually got the necro part done as an elf with no added necro items. Yay, now to get my legendary fisher through the first part so I can do the fishing task. At least I have a ton of MIB's from stage two! It's times like this I wash I had JOAT.. and of course, fisherman on different account than tamer... oh well.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have done 8 SOS's and 5 Ancient SOS's on my fisher and no joy.......out of SOS's now lol :/

(Had tons but like I said I love doing SOS's as much I like doing maps on land so I went through my stash months ago :/)

~cries~

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have only completed the tear of sea part.
Go to Vesper and find Kalen between the Butcher and Baker shops. Take his quest, which
means you gotta fish up MIB's to find the item he seeks
I talked to him but he just says he has nothing for me...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is a picture of the pentagram with the candles setup without ingredients. Rest of it should be easy for you if you read the book on him at the void.
pentagram.jpg

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have done 8 SOS's and 5 Ancient SOS's on my fisher and no joy.......out of SOS's now lol :/

(Had tons but like I said I love doing SOS's as much I like doing maps on land so I went through my stash months ago :/)

~cries~
Eeep - I have about 30 of them from stage 2, hopefully that's enough... if not, back to farming maps for me. Do we know for sure if OLD Sos bottles work? If so I have about 10 more of those I haven't gotten to. ;)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Everyone hollering JOAT works on fishing up chests from MIB's... how? If minimum skill needed to fish up is 65 and JOAT is 25...

:confused:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone hollering JOAT works on fishing up chests from MIB's... how? If minimum skill needed to fish up is 65 and JOAT is 25...

:confused:
JOAT is only 20 in every skill! But yeah it doesn't work for any SOS that ive tried. Im working fishing up on my sampire now.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Great.. guess I have to buy a dang 120 fishing for me to stone it over from my fisher to my tamer LOL... :/

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Is fishing required for the Tear of the Seas quest, or does being on the quest give you a hidden amount of fishing?

Are elves and gargoyles screwed?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can just work it up to 75 from fishing off a dock, buy it to 30 to start. That's what im doing. I already had to eat a 120 mage to swap magery to my tinker, that was enough wasted gold for me. LOL

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Can we use our fisher characters to get more than one staff, if we don't mark one as a quest item until we're ready to have the fisher finish that quest?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix Can we use our fisher characters to get more than one staff, if we don't mark one as a quest item until we're ready to have the fisher finish that quest?
I got the staff on my fisher, turned it in for the tear of the seas, took the quest from Kalen again, and fished up another for my partner since he does not have fishing.

Just have your fishers do the same for your main char doing the quest. Your fisher does not have to do the entire arc or all the quests. And I swapped tinker to my 120 mage, not the other way around.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can re-take the quest. I've done it once, claimed the reward and can take it again to get the item for someone else.
Thank you so much, Petra. You are, once again, a lifesaver! I was very reluctant to turn in the one I have so far and then not be able to take Kalen's quest again to get one for another character.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You can just work it up to 75 from fishing off a dock, buy it to 30 to start. That's what im doing. I already had to eat a 120 mage to swap magery to my tinker, that was enough wasted gold for me. LOL
Ha.. nah.. pass.. I remember how long it took me to train my fisher up to that level lol. Good luck to ya :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make the focus, does your tinker have to have real GM magery, or is it sufficient to get to 100 magery using jewelry and/or spellbook? I know you can get to 45 music for making instruments by using jewelry with music on it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To make the focus, does your tinker have to have real GM magery, or is it sufficient to get to 100 magery using jewelry and/or spellbook? I know you can get to 45 music for making instruments by using jewelry with music on it.
You CAN use +skill items to meet or exceed the 100 magery crafting requirement.

I strongly suggest you obtain a Master Craftsman talisman before even attempting to make a focus though. Save yourself the sanity ;)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clay golems and mud pies in Shame used to drop Executioner's Caps, but I'm not sure that they still do. Did a quick check just now and didn't get any from clay golems.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IT's not the clay golems, IIRC - it's the pumped up earth elementals next to them on level 2 that have the caps some of the time.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anyone know if the sos have to be from the new treasure chest or if older sos work? I have tried both and no luck so far. Just wondering if I need to get more new maps because I have over 500 older sos and would love to be able to use those.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
apparently old ones work....I've done about 20 now and no joy :/

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So someone did get the quest item from the old ones?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So someone did get the quest item from the old ones?
I know of 2 people who have yes, I only found 2 MIB's in the chests I dug up and tried those ones first, then I used up all my old ones but it is possible.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THANK YOU BOTH! :D I just have rotten luck it seems working on over 30 by now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I grabbed a few SoS from the chests I dug up doing part II and then got it on the first try... did 4 more then to see if I could get a second staff but didn't get one... then went back turned in the quest and got the quest again and I've now fished up 6 more chests and then 3 more and still haven't gotten another staff...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

~cries~
You can get plenty of SOS's by buying the hooks from Hepler the Salvage Master at Trinsic, tossing them at deep water and killing the sea serpents and krakens that spawn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can get plenty of SOS's by buying the hooks from Hepler the Salvage Master at Trinsic, tossing them at deep water and killing the sea serpents and krakens that spawn.
Might get something neat while you do that too.