• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] An Ethereal Journey

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok... do each of the 4 keys needed to complete Warrior of Ether have their own 'Quest Giver'? Or are we supposed to use support characters with those skills?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm stuck with fishing part. Char with fishing skill can't get quest, other who got quest have no skill. :eyes:
Also I have no clue what to do with fire part, found burning houses and fields, but nothing to do there.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Same here.. just fishing in the area trying to find an sos and hope the thing is in that chest or something.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep got all items but Kalen's....@Kyronix tried an old SOS, tried a new MIB that I got in a chest yesterday...tried fishing NEAR kalen and around vesper....nothing....???

Haven't tried on my actual fisherman yet..that's the last resort :/

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So all skills do you need to do this part ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Fighting??

That's about it unless you actually NEED fishing..oh and Mining...need blackrock

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I assumed I needed to do the fishing part on my Fisher, jumped through the hoops again to get to the same stage where I could pick up the fishing quest, did 5 SoS with the quest active, nothing. Not sure what I'm looking for though...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok im suck on where we get the hearts from.
I am a lil lost too.. but slowly finding my way outta the woods I think...

Heart of Earth - Comes from freeing the miners in Minoc - not sure how yet - most likely using the 'walk through object spell'

Tongue of Flames - most likely from conjuring demon at Brit farms with Summon Per spell

Breath of Air - still trying to find *shrugs*

Tear of Seas - from Kalen the Necromancer once you find the apprentices Staff but no clue how yet

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep got all items but Kalen's....@Kyronix tried an old SOS, tried a new MIB that I got in a chest yesterday...tried fishing NEAR kalen and around vesper....nothing....???

Haven't tried on my actual fisherman yet..that's the last resort :/
Ok my mage/tamer part time legendary fisher stoned on fishing even though I swore I was retired from it.

Got excited fishing up a brand new MIB and am on the quest for this part of the arc, MIB had nothing special in it when I fished it up.

So, either we are over thinking this, OR we have to possibly fish up a lot of MIB's

I did not copy it word for word, but the SOS I got, was along the lines of the Gilligan's Island theme.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am a lil lost too.. but slowly finding my way outta the woods I think...

Heart of Earth - Comes from freeing the miners in Minoc - not sure how yet - most likely using the 'walk through object spell'

Tongue of Flames - most likely from conjuring demon at Brit farms with Summon Per spell

Breath of Air - still trying to find *shrugs*

Tear of Seas - from Kalen the Necromancer once you find the apprentices Staff but no clue how yet
You two incorrect:

Heart of Earth - from undead on Iver's Rounding (Grant Peace)

Breath of Air - from the trapped miners (Intervention)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There goes Dot spillin them beans again!

All the clues you need are in the notes at Mythran's house...HONEST!

Now for Kalen? He's starting to make me very angry...

~Recover a memento of Kalen's Apprentice lost to the seas, likely entangled in the remains of a ship marked by an sos...~

I HAVE all the other pieces.....YES the Summon Perihileon spell was a PAIN even WITH The clues....

But this one? Not good....I have an SOS for right off the docks practically of Vesper....I tried 3 old ones and then 2 from mibs I got from chests yesterday.

Nothing..I fish for awhile but fail to catch anything

@Kyronix do we NEED fishing??? ( I remember on TC I didn't.....doing the same thing here as I did there..no joy)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Just thought of something that might explain why that Ethereal Journey scroll on Origin became borked. Thinking back on the sequence of events, I had my tamer reading the books at Mythran's and at some point while she was still there, I logged onto the account my miner was on. I wonder if having two characters with that quest signed on simultaneously on the same computer might have been what broke the Ethereal Journey scroll for one of them. Wasn't using UO Assist or any other program at the time (other than Chrome), just the two instances of UO.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And there were just 4 things to read right?
Well..not really....if you went in there and saw the message You notice a drawer in the small table slightly open

Read those too....there's a few hints in those but the main ones are the 4 on the 2 tables

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is it me or all the champ spawn idols gone from T2A? Part of event or some sort of patch type issue?

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is an npc and when you prompt her to talk with "hi" she responds "have you heard of the orc scouts?" Then respond with orc scouts and she starts talking about phillip

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well..not really....if you went in there and saw the message You notice a drawer in the small table slightly open

Read those too....there's a few hints in those but the main ones are the 4 on the 2 tables
Dang.. nothing ever showed up in the drawer for me that I saw. Kept watching and checking it..

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh Can get the paper on Cats but nothing is active yet :cursing:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think someone stole them ~Glances at Yadd~

Honestly if you read the 4 books that are out you should be good. I will have the rest of them in the article when I finish it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so my dude is stuck.
i got the paper, went to see the dude up at his house in the void.
came back down saw his die'n friend in moonglow..... but now i cant get back to the dude in the void.
every time i hit the gate scroll it says i cant use that.
i have blackrock on me like i did the first time.

anyone else have this problem?

i was in chat and someone said to bounce around to different places so i spent 10 minutes recalling to every town and place in all my runebooks, still nothing.

quest is dead for me right now.
even went back to sherry to see if that would unstick it.

i took a break after i went and saw the dead dude and he gave me the note to take back to his friend in the void.
im guessing that logging out for a while did this?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sigh Can get the paper on Cats but nothing is active yet :cursing:

If you can get the paper then it's active....I think most people missed this part..he's a quest giver so talk to him :)

Yes I missed it too the first time ;)

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can get the paper then it's active....I think most people missed this part..he's a quest giver so talk to him
I'll look again but when you open the paper up you get a message saying " This Quest is not Active yet "

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i took a break after i went and saw the dead dude and he gave me the note to take back to his friend in the void.
Nope it"s a two parter>>>talk to heigel once>>>then it says to study him further>>>then he"ll talk to you again

sorry something happened and my keyboard and screen went all wonky :?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'll look again but when you open the paper up you get a message saying " This Quest is not Active yet "
nope it works :)

cats.jpg

YOU have to activate the quest..by talking to the city herald

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone on Origin got a small piece of Blackrock? Can't advance the quest chain.
Pretty much always some on the porch of my fel wind maze house unless some dumps it in the trash for the few turn in points its worth.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow... uhm.. theurgy focus... requires 100 tinkering and 100 magery.. for a 5% to craft rate (so 35% with the best talisman) AND when you fail.. eats the damn quicksilver.. 1 fail ate 7 of them. :thumbdown:

Get your Master Craftsman talismans while they're cheap!!!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

my bad wrong screenshot :/

mybad.jpg

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wow... uhm.. theurgy focus... requires 100 tinkering and 100 magery.. for a 5% to craft rate (so 35% with the best talisman) AND when you fail.. eats the damn quicksilver.. 1 fail ate 7 of them. :thumbdown:

Get your Master Craftsman talismans while they're cheap!!!
I lost 9 with my first fail..then I spent the time to find my loss prevention tinker tali and got it first try :/

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so my dude is stuck.
i got the paper, went to see the dude up at his house in the void.
came back down saw his die'n friend in moonglow..... but now i cant get back to the dude in the void.
every time i hit the gate scroll it says i cant use that.
i have blackrock on me like i did the first time.

anyone else have this problem?

i was in chat and someone said to bounce around to different places so i spent 10 minutes recalling to every town and place in all my runebooks, still nothing.

quest is dead for me right now.
even went back to sherry to see if that would unstick it.

Are you still unable to use the Ethereal Voyage scroll?

Kyronix had to fix it for me when that happened earlier on Origin. If you cancel the quest, you can't get it again. You can't remove the spell scroll from your pack either. I would just sit tight with that character for the moment.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nope it"s a two parter>>>talk to heigel once>>>then it says to study him further>>>then he"ll talk to you again

sorry something happened and my keyboard and screen went all wonky :?
ya ya, i did that, he gave me the note to take back to the other dude.
i cant get to the other dude.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are you still unable to use the Ethereal Voyage scroll?

Kyronix had to fix it for me when that happened earlier on Origin. If you cancel the quest, you can't get it again. You can't remove the spell scroll from your pack either. I would just sit tight with that character for the moment.
sit tight and do what?
are they fixing this?

and ya, i cant use the Ethereal Voyage scroll to get back to that dude in the void.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can get the paper then it's active....I think most people missed this part..he's a quest giver so talk to him
Thank you so very much ! I would have never guessed to double click him. Usually you have to say Hello or shift click the Npc's. You are awesome !! :thumbsup:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank you so very much ! I would have never guessed to double click him. Usually you have to say Hello or shift click the Npc's. You are awesome !! :thumbsup:
I KNOW! ;) lol

Yeah I missed it the first go round and was running around in circles trying to figure out what to do :) Good luck!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sit tight and do what?
are they fixing this?

and ya, i cant use the Ethereal Voyage scroll to get back to that dude in the void.
@Poo Is your guy on Origin or Sonoma? (Didn't read back.)

@Kyronix More people with the same problem using the Ethereal Voyage scroll.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
AND KALENS QUEST!!!! I am resorting to mining blackrock for people because Kalen's quest isn't working.....~hangs head~

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Napa, the merchant we need to speak to is standing on the rooftop! Hard to hand him a drink...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
kalen isnt working?? no wonder I cant fish up anything!!!
Yes..according to our mighty Kyronix it's working....

Now..I forgot...but it's gonna take more then 1 SOS to get the item...I've tried 4 so far....but with 37 fishing I am just getting the ~ You fish for awhile but fail to catch anything~ message because I can't stone the 111 fishing I have because I don't have a fishing scroll!!!!

~pulls hair out~

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The spawn rate on the quicksilver elementals needs seriously increased. Just three of us beat the spawn into the ground...and then had to wait...and wait...

An entire shard doing this...20 pieces each...will get people testy...
Where is this spawn at ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What skill do you need in fishing before you can fish up an SOS?

I think this is one of my least favorite skills in the game....and I am training it again :/

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What skill do you need in fishing before you can fish up an SOS?

I think this is one of my least favorite skills in the game....and I am training it again :/
He should have done this part with a no-skill SOS that you get from somewhere nearby.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes..according to our mighty Kyronix it's working....

Now..I forgot...but it's gonna take more then 1 SOS to get the item...I've tried 4 so far....but with 37 fishing I am just getting the ~ You fish for awhile but fail to catch anything~ message because I can't stone the 111 fishing I have because I don't have a fishing scroll!!!!

~pulls hair out~

Wait we need to do this part on a fisher? and use sos's? old or new? and does the fisher have to do the whole thing or just talk to Kalan?