• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] 17th Anniversary T-Shirts Offer

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again nice idea ...just please next time make a more subtle design [ just the small front pocket badge, etc] , that a adult would actually feel comfortable wearing and not something my late teenagers would wear....just saying...as average age of UO gamers must be well into the mid 40's or above
You should see how many 40+ people I've run into who wear anime and video game related t-shirts all the time. Get over your hangups, it won't kill you to wear something that isn't a three piece suit

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
$20 plus tax is pretty expensive for a shirt, though, lol...pop up tee, for example, is $9.99 per and free shipping
http://popuptee.com/products/special-monkey
http://popuptee.com/collections/all

(they have new designs every so often)
$20 plus tax for a small run of custom shirts is pretty much the norm. You can't really compare a company that does its own in-house stuff and sourcing other people's designs to profit off of to one that's outsourcing other people's designs FOR them. Especially in the small numbers that most "custom" shirts get sold in.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
$20 plus tax for a small run of custom shirts is pretty much the norm. You can't really compare a company that does its own in-house stuff and sourcing other people's designs to profit off of to one that's outsourcing other people's designs FOR them. Especially in the small numbers that most "custom" shirts get sold in.
I guess given the sleeve detail you're right. The service CustomInk costs $7.29 per for a front/back one-ink design (lot of 100), without the option of sleeve, but I imagine $15 would be fairly nice profit margin for resale. Still, $5 shipping for a single shirt is kind of a lot.

I bought my shirt and wrote my memo, though ;P

Last edited:

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would gladly purchase one...alas they are unavailable for us in the UK. *sad face*

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here: Germany, no kings collection, no shirts. I have so much money and nothing to spend it for. Such a shame :p

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here: Germany, no kings collection, no shirts. I have so much money and nothing to spend it for. Such a shame :p
I was US military and lived in Germany for a few years and had the same problem. I had to get my daughter in the States to make purchases for me and send me the codes, it was pretty ridiculous.

I like the idea of fundraising but the site which was used was not ideal for this situation, when part of your customer base is international you should want to be able to take their money also. Between EA and now BS I find it amazing how hard it is to get them to take our money sometimes.

I would like the idea of a Broadsword Store to sell UO and DAOC gear on a permanent and international basis.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i will take any extra money u got laying around. i need a New car :p
maybe EA can employ a Drone to go International? ;P but in all seriousness, there must be a way short of one generous person shipping these out to our non US bound players toward a Booster/Kickstarter towards a new car ;) :/

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You should see how many 40+ people I've run into who wear anime and video game related t-shirts all the time. Get over your hangups, it won't kill you to wear something that isn't a three piece suit
Well being 50+ I'm not giving up my Invader Zim shirts :p

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need a black one. Nerds can be messy, especially when eating spaghetti sitting at the keyboard.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To each his/her own. I personally don't do needles... that's why I'm on the OTHER end of them.
I'm with you on the no pokey objects, I don't even have my ears pierced! And if I had to give someone a shot, well they are just gonna die. I commend you on that one!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sunday midnight is almost here! About 24 hours to go then they're gone forever! Right now you can still be part of an elite group, with less than 200 of these shirts on the entire planet! Gain +1 status with your gaming nerd friends! Wear it to the mall where people will say "OMG I remember that game! It's full of PKs!". Act now and your shirt will be shipped inside a container! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Operators are not standing by... that's why they're on the internet...

Last edited: