• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

turkeys *spoilers*

R

RavenWinterHawk

Hmmm bards usually have at least some magery or taming or a dexxer skill. I don't really know any bard that has no other form of offensive skills. Even at 120 pts in each barding skills, that still leaves room for other abilities. The loot on the corpse doesn't really matter. But if you want to increases your chances, you can do what bards usually (I know I do!) ie, cast some summons if your magery is high enough, or some lower level spells, or throw some explo pots etc.

Get creative :mf_prop:
My cook cannot kill the turkey. I tried being creative. I guess its another nerf to cooks. Mmmm all that wasted delicious meat... all burned up and sliced to pieces by the warrior class.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I armored swamp dragon could have helped but these turkey's like to dismount, so it eventually killed mine.

L

Lord Drakelord

My cook cannot kill the turkey. I tried being creative. I guess its another nerf to cooks. Mmmm all that wasted delicious meat... all burned up and sliced to pieces by the warrior class.
What! :stretcher: Fry pans was the weapon of choice for my chef. Dang :sad2: :rant2::rant2::rant2:

P.S. When does this hit all the shards?

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S. When does this hit all the shards?
Soon!

QA is doing another pass today on a few bug fixes we did this morning, thanks to the feedback from the players that tested on TC over the week-end. So once they give us the thumbs up, we'll be able to give you a more definite ETA.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried using a dagger on one to see if I would get raw turkey but just got the regular raw bird blah. :stir:

C

Ciaran

so no one has figured out what specialty items you can obtain from this? or are there suppose to be any?

D

Deb

Where does this quest start? Where does one find a turkey?
Turkeys spawned all over in the wild on TC. The quest started in Moonglow
Zoo I believe. He was in the back of the zoo.

And to others, yes provoking definitely gives you looting rights
like a summons does.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm bards usually have at least some magery or taming or a dexxer skill. I don't really know any bard that has no other form of offensive skills. Even at 120 pts in each barding skills, that still leaves room for other abilities. The loot on the corpse doesn't really matter. But if you want to increases your chances, you can do what bards usually (I know I do!) ie, cast some summons if your magery is high enough, or some lower level spells, or throw some explo pots etc.

Get creative :mf_prop:
4X120= 460 GM magery 560... you need Eval for magery to be of any use at all 660... leaving you 60 points in Med... Hum.... so you cast 2 ev's... they get insta dispelled by everything worth fighting..... don't have the mana to cast two more for another 3 min.... and by that time... everything is dead... Of course you also need to keep barding things because peace last's even at 120 a whopping .45 seconds... which isn't enough time to do much of anything wait to peace again... or something..

Creative??? Well.... suppose you could do it with some OTHER skill than magery.. but then let me see... ARchery... well lets just go GM on that.... wear a hunters.... that's 560.... you need to have some Tactics to make that worthwhile... 660 if you only GM.... um..... doesn't leave any room for anatomy..... and how the heck are you going to heal??? Cure????? pots? well those are on timers.. hope you don't need to heal much..... god forbid you get poisoned...

no resisting spells room either.... no that won't work... necro.... bought the same as magery... but then..... you don't have much there no.... hum... all the weapon skills are out... Spellweaving???? NO healing again.....well that won't do..

I suppose I could item up like mad.... spend far more time and money than anything else.. no truth be told Bards get the short end of the stick more often than not.

Especially if you want a 4x120... suppose if I were a gargoyle I could put all my "skill" in jewelery and what have you but... then my resists would stink and I'd die every 2 seconds. Don't think I'm going to get far there.

No having a bard is pretty much just for show and support... If NO ONE else is around it's fun to provo a couple of Dark Fathers... but if other people are around you really don't get much credit for that sort of thing.

I suppose maybe I could be a Tamer/Bard... but well... with only a few points of skill in Taming and lore if I put 120 in each of them.... well you do the math..... that leaves Zero for Vet... so my pet dies because I can't heal it "no skills for that".... and I'm out again... unless I use a cu ... and then it's basically on it's own... not much of a template if you ask me.

Pretty much left with Magery... and not real great magery either... and with the dispell stuff... and peacing being a joke... heck a confusion blast potion works FAR Better than 120 peacing.... how sad is that???

N

northwoodschopper

...you forgot spellweaving, which is perhaps the best spell school for a bard. word of death alone is valuable for looting rights, not to mention only needing one skill alone. nature furies are good, as well as the pixies. actually all the spells are decent as long as you can muster up some LMC and mana regen, if you're using taming or barding as a primary.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that Mysticism will work on the turkeys, so if you throw Mysticism on and Weaving, would be a bang-for-your-buck-bard.
120 - Music, Peace, Provo, Disco, Weaving, Mysticism = 720skill points (100%LRC, 40DCI, 40LMC, 12+MR all 70's is fairly easy to obtain now days, you can even throw in some other modifications like EP).
- Use Weavings Gift of Renewal & Attunement to keep yourself healed up.
- Use Mysticism Healing Stone to keep yourself healed up.
- Use Weavings Nature’s Fury, Summon Fey, Summon Fiend, Wildfire & Word of Death to cause damage.
- Use Mysticism Rising Colossus to cause damage.
Chugging pots as an assistant to the healing abilities outlined above and to cure yourself. Conflag, Exp, and Confus work wonders as well.
You can also cast Gift of Life so that if you are killed, you can self rez rather rapidly and get back into the game.

Like Sakk said...Get creative

(Granted Mysticism utilizes Eval and Imbuing for stronger spells, still an effective skill without them)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I heard that Mysticism will work on the turkeys, so if you throw Mysticism on and Weaving, would be a bang-for-your-buck-bard.
120 - Music, Peace, Provo, Disco, Weaving, Mysticism = 720skill points (100%LRC, 40DCI, 40LMC, 12+MR all 70's is fairly easy to obtain now days, you can even throw in some other modifications like EP).
- Use Weavings Gift of Renewal & Attunement to keep yourself healed up.
- Use Mysticism Healing Stone to keep yourself healed up.
- Use Weavings Nature’s Fury, Summon Fey, Summon Fiend, Wildfire & Word of Death to cause damage.
- Use Mysticism Rising Colossus to cause damage.
Chugging pots as an assistant to the healing abilities outlined above and to cure yourself. Conflag, Exp, and Confus work wonders as well.
You can also cast Gift of Life so that if you are killed, you can self rez rather rapidly and get back into the game.

Like Sakk said...Get creative

(Granted Mysticism utilizes Eval and Imbuing for stronger spells, still an effective skill without them)
I was gonna say Mysticism is not a bad skill and I like it... but it's much better with Eval and Imbuing...

B

Boogieman

Thought I'd share a bit more information about the turkeys.

Discording two and provoking them on eachother does work. Well, untill they reveal their true turkey character and start to flee ones they get on low health. Then - being on TC - I quickly changed my bard to an acrher and killed both. Killing them still takes approximately... forever.
It's definately a group thing.
The loot was, hmm Swoop - like. Nothing impressive. One had a giant turkey feather. When consumed it made me invisible. Go figure...
I also got a complete map from one of them and a fragment from the other. Using the brush from the guy in the Moonglow Zoo I found the giant nest. Destroyed the big eggs. Got another giant turkey feather for the effort.
Well - that's about it.
I have a feeling there is more to the turkey feathers and what's this 'horn' that is mentioned above?

S

Serine

I been running around for 2 hours looking for giant turkeys . i see plenty of the name but dont find the mob . i see the name at edge of my screen . Is there a quest i must take to actually see the giant turkey ?

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No quest needed to see them. I logged on this morning and there were two outside my house.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition my bard got a
nest, which appears to be deco
have not tried the cornucopia yet.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition my bard got a
nest, which appears to be deco
have not tried the cornucopia yet.
Sweet, I would love to see a pic of that. Also... does anybody know what happens if you DONT destroy the Giant Turkey Eggs?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally killed my first turkey (solo) and no map or fragment dropped into my bag or on loot, even skinned the turkey. Second turkey and yahoo I got a map, whilst trying to find where to did it up I accidently deleted the pointer so cannot find where to dig, (surley these should have been fixed so you could not alter the map). On another map and cannot find where to dig, anyone got a good way to find map locations as I am no T-hunter.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine was not far outside vesper. I went and bought a bunch of town maps and compared the graphics to the map I had.

Its been years since I have done it this way, but it used to be that making an area map on the fly would allow you to "see" how close in relation to the center of the map you were trying to copy you were. Don't know if JoT would be enough to allow for that or not.

J

JL from Europa

So I kill one of these turkeys on my archer (which was doable but boring and took awhile), I get a map and go see this chap at the zoo. I recognized the map as northwest Britain, go look for the nest and in 15 mins I find it. All I got was 3.5k and a stupid feather. I destroyed the giant turkey eggs and couldn't do anything with the normal ones but I guess that's normal.

But lo and behold, I click again out of curiousity and up pops another nest. So I get another 4k and another stupid feather. However, I can keep on discovering the same nest, new eggs appear along with a filled bag. So I'm still standing there with my 15 feathers, 4 cornocopia, a harrow and 2 stuffing, getting 3.5-4.5k each time :) is it supposed to be like that? I would assume not but what the hey :thumbup:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just went out on LA and got these off of the turkeys.

killed 11 of them.

solo.

ya, im that good.

im a SUPER BARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I killed one with an ABC archer, then with a disco archer. Easy, but slow going. Then I tried disco/provo...oh baby, those things fight for keeps. They hit each other for between 60s and 90s every couple of seconds. Sometimes they chain attacks, causing 90s + 10s + 10s damage.

Disco/provo. Only way to do it. :Thumbsup:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Utopia Bush Queen on Atl near Moonglow bank, Trammel, just told me she read the quest guide and it said how to make the nest reappear over and over. Which she is doing over and over and over.

J

JL from Europa

No it isnt. They are trying to fix it. It is a bug.
Do you have a link/source? Because it appears the nest will collapse only once all 3 eggs are giant turkey's and destroyed (I didn't get to collapse it yet)? I only had a nest with all 3 giant turkey eggs a few times so it appears to be by design. Just because I chose not to destroy them, the nest doesn't collapse and so I can find it again, which seems all logical to me.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Utopia Bush Queen on Atl near Moonglow bank, Trammel, just told me she read the quest guide and it said how to make the nest reappear over and over. Which she is doing over and over and over.
This is happening on pacific too, just saw a guy load 2 pack horses from a nest. while I was paging he said ...... it needs fixed

J

JL from Europa

Do you really need a link to tell you this is obviously a bug? I mean, seriously. You really think you're supposed to kill one turkey, get a map, then be able to get however many of the new quest items over and over?
Well ummm.. technically I didn't destroy the nest so it should still be there when I search for it again, even though the bag should be empty. I figured the food horns were the same rares as the halloweens black cat's and since there's a timer on the brush you can't do it forever. I only realized after some time the timer is set to a few hours (thought it would last just a few seconds, didn't bother to calculate how long it was) so it might not be right...

I never found a bug in UO that actually gave me something which appearantly I shouldn't get though. I was just so dissapointed with getting a feather I figured I had to find the nest again and do something with it to get some reward.

On the other hand I thought it might be unintended and posted it here nonetheless, before people start spending millions on the thanksgiving "rares" which are as rare as those black cats.

N

Norther

I tried using Talisman with my archer and no they dont seem to work.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you really need a link to tell you this is obviously a bug? I mean, seriously. You really think you're supposed to kill one turkey, get a map, then be able to get however many of the new quest items over and over?
Well ummm.. technically I didn't destroy the nest so it should still be there when I search for it again, even though the bag should be empty. I figured the food horns were the same rares as the halloweens black cat's and since there's a timer on the brush you can't do it forever. I only realized the timer is set to a few hours so it might not be right...

I never found a bug in UO that actually gave me something which appearantly I shouldn't get though. I was just so dissapointed with getting a feather I figured I had to find the nest again and do something with it to get some reward.

On the other hand I thought it might be unintended and posted it here nonetheless, before people start spending millions on the thanksgiving "rares" which are as rare as those black cats.
These kind of issues really are a double edged sword. On one hand now everyone is going to be doing it and the market will get flooded, which means that the rewards will be cheap, which is great for making sure everyone gets something, but it also means that a lot of the reasons to engage in the turkey encounter have been removed.

It is what it is though. I'm sure people can grab all the rewards they want and won't ever get in trouble for it, so I wouldn't worry personally about your account or anything. It'll get fixed and there will be a bunch of posts from people annoyed because they didn't get the chance to exploit the bug before it got fixed. There will of course be the dozens of people who paid 10m for a cornucopia on the first day of the event (really people, when will you learn?) who are angry that they now see them everywhere.

I dunno, maybe the devs might consider after they fix the bug, adding in one additional possible reward to the nest just so there is something that stays a little rare from the holiday and makes it worth taking down the turkey. *shrugs*

L

Lord Drakelord

just went out on LA and got these off of the turkeys.

killed 11 of them.

solo.

ya, im that good.

im a SUPER BARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the pluck turkey also, and a nest. Stuck the nest in the base of my silver tree.

Attachments

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is that a picture of Jonny Greenwood?
My avatar? Avatar = me

damn these maps are hard...haha i need an expert carto dude -- ahh sweet i found it, was SE of brit pms
your haircut = bad

Which is a shame, you look like a cute guy. But then again I guess I'm too old nowadays and think those messy emo teenager-early 20s haircuts are pretty stupid looking.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your haircut = bad

Which is a shame, you look like a cute guy. But then again I guess I'm too old nowadays and think those messy emo teenager-early 20s haircuts are pretty stupid looking.
lol, leave 'im alone. He could look totally metro or worse like that dude from AI.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your haircut = bad

lol, leave 'im alone. He could look totally metro or worse like that dude from AI.
Haha thats true. There's always a way to look worse...I think it's funny to me that I'm too old to be trendy now. I have to wonder if people who were my age when I was in high school thought the current hair styles were awful. Probably did, I look back at some of the things I did with my bangs and am just amazed I didn't know any better. :p

Now GIT OFFA MAH LAWN! *shakes cane*

W

wrekognize

My avatar? Avatar = me

damn these maps are hard...haha i need an expert carto dude -- ahh sweet i found it, was SE of brit pms

Dang. You should type in Jonny Greenwood in google and check out the images. Your pic looks a lot like him.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your haircut = bad

rofl actually I'm a grunge metal guy but I appreciate your broad generalization

Dang. You should type in Jonny Greenwood in google and check out the images. Your pic looks a lot like him.
'vill do

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

So is this the unique item list for thanksgiving?

From top row, left to right:

Harrow, Nest, Stuffing, Cornucopia (2 directions)
Plucked Turkey, Harvesters Blade, Corn Stalk, Giant Turkey Feather, Ornithologist's Map (also map fragment not shown).

Thought I read something about a horn? Or was that something else?

Anybody got anything else?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

So is this the unique item list for thanksgiving?

From top row, left to right:

Harrow, Nest, Stuffing, Cornucopia (2 directions)
Plucked Turkey, Harvesters Blade, Corn Stalk, Giant Turkey Feather, Ornithologist's Map (also map fragment not shown).

Thought I read something about a horn? Or was that something else?

Anybody got anything else?
also map fragments!
where did the corn stalk come from? thats all i am missing

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget the Harvest whatever.. wine? ale? I forget... and the peeled bananas, both from the cornucopias.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also the peeled banana from Horn is cute. I got the harvest wine and cider from the horn last night...but now its just a bottle of liquor. today's bottles are still listed as wine and cider thou.