• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

turkeys *spoilers*

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we killed a few turkeys.
can discord them and then get 2 to fight each other.
I also killed with archer. They teleport you to them in certain cases like when their pathfinding tells them they cant get to you.
I estimated hit points at 30,000
they are weakest against cold.

there are also haribringers around at least on test center we saw 1

when killed you get a 1/3 map or a full map.
its hugh about the size of vesper in the map view so you dont need to look at small areas but large areas.
you get a brush from wilson in moonglow zoo.
tell him brush, its timered.

use brush on map and then ground and when close it tells you so.
once within around 8 steps or so a nest will appear and it is on a timer.

the nest has cornacopia which gives 10 items (10 charges) of which is food and some random food deco (i think) I got normal food and 1 stalk of corn that i couldnt eat but looked like deco.

also a feather that works like a smoke bomb then disappears.

there are 3 eggs there and the last one I did had 2 giant eggs and 1 normal one. I could double click the 2 giant ones and break them. the last egg i could not figure out how to get.
(blue crystals?)

again nest is on timer so be quick about it.
Lorddog

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just wish map locationsd where a little easier to find

V

Vaklu

Is this quest active on europa shard? I cant find Wilson at the zoo :(

V

Vaklu

Its supposedly in the moonglow zoo. But i cant find the guy on Europa..

V

Vaklu

Aww.. I was getting excited.. I even went searching for an hour or so for turkeys lol...

B

Boogieman

The quest is only active on Test Shard (TC1) so far.

The turkeys are tough! They have all sorts of special attacks: Bleed, area spells (tamers beware), teleport themselves, teleport you. They also have the ability of hiryus to lower your phys resist. Then they have an ability of their own (I believe?): They make you move slower, so you can't run, and as far as I can tell it also affects your swingspeed.

I tried with a paladin archer - I gave up because I did like 18-24 damage with EoO and CW, and the turkey showed a sliver of red in the health bar. Perhaps an ABC archer with a bird slayer talisman would do better.

I tried with a freshly tamed cu sidhe - it almost got killed, but then the turkey killed me and just left the dog alone.

EVs last about 5-10 seconds - then they are so much purple dust flying in the wind...

Barding difficulty is 160, so it takes the best bard to deal with these. Discord will be a huge help. Gonna try that next time.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quest is only active on Test Shard (TC1) so far.

The turkeys are tough! They have all sorts of special attacks: Bleed, area spells (tamers beware), teleport themselves, teleport you. They also have the ability of hiryus to lower your phys resist. Then they have an ability of their own (I believe?): They make you move slower, so you can't run, and as far as I can tell it also affects your swingspeed.

I tried with a paladin archer - I gave up because I did like 18-24 damage with EoO and CW, and the turkey showed a sliver of red in the health bar. Perhaps an ABC archer with a bird slayer talisman would do better.

I tried with a freshly tamed cu sidhe - it almost got killed, but then the turkey killed me and just left the dog alone.

EVs last about 5-10 seconds - then they are so much purple dust flying in the wind...

Barding difficulty is 160, so it takes the best bard to deal with these. Discord will be a huge help. Gonna try that next time.
Discording and provoking them on eachother is the only way me and some other players I was with could figure out how to kill them. I'm hoping there is some secret that we haven't figured out yet that will make it where other skills can kill them lol.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like i said i used archery to kill one. they have 30,000 hit points and i was doing around 45 pt a hit so took awhile. i didnt have any hit lower defence or anything. maybe around 800 arrows.

can also bard them with high level bard. i would think a bard and tamer or archer might do very well.

they are kinda passive until attacked.

someone needs to figure out what to do with the eggs (how to get)

D

Deb

They hate cold energy and physical so that should help...question
How do you decipher the maps?

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so once again dexers are out ?

Using the soul seeker I finally got one killed after it killed me 4 times. The turkey's health bar likely does not regenerate too fast so when I went at it again between my deaths his health bar was pretty much at where I left it off before it last killed me.

I could have probably avoided being killed have I had health pots with me, but it being test center I am too lazy to make some in that shard.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Health Pots are already made on TC, there in your magery bag :mf_prop:
Oh yeah, your correct. Since they don't offer the str/dex pots, for some reason today I was thinking it was the health/cure pots they didn't offer so I didn't even bother checking. Thanks for the reminder.

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alchemy is pretty damned easy on TC :)
True, but there are times where I just don't feel like typing "set skill 0, set skill 120, set skill 0" or making or switching to a char who has those skills I need to use; especially if its for something trivial such as potions.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event favors bards?

Who would do that and why?
Sounds like either you don't have a bard, are too lazy to fight the turkeys themselves, or just like to complain about stuff. Maybe it's a combination.:lol:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Canary, yes I also noticed that many creatures were unbardable in other events, . I was wondering if maybe Phoenix was giving bards some love is all.

You are smart enough to answer a question with good sense, unlike another...lol

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are smart enough to answer a question with good sense, unlike another...lol
*feels bad about making the carebear cry*

On another hand, has anyone actually found a way to get the normal eggs? Maybe a skillet would work?:grouphug:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*is a little confused as to why people are trying to get normal eggs, or any egg at all for that matter* :confused:
Because we don't know what, if anything, they do?

Since Lorddog's spoiler mentioned they seem to be in the nest, sometimes, along with the giant ones, we're intrigued - cook them, incubate and hatch them, eat them, make super powered egg bombs, use them for something else entirely, use them as deco? We'll only be able to experiment if we can get them.....

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because we don't know what, if anything, they do?
Well...

You're not actually supposed to pick up any of the eggs. If you can, please yell at me for messing up so I can fix it asap! You want to leave the normal turkey eggs alone but make sure you destroy the giant ones, you might find something useful!

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well...

You're not actually supposed to pick up any of the eggs. If you can, please yell at me for messing up so I can fix it asap! You want to leave the normal turkey eggs alone but make sure you destroy the giant ones, you might find something useful!
Is there some secret we don't know yet that will make the turkeys easier to kill?

Oh and the map I have I am in the spot the nest should be in but it still saying I'm not in the right area but I know I am. I have no idea why it won't work.

Very cool about the eggs can't wait to see what happens.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there seems to be an issue with the maps assembled from map fragments. I'll be fixing that first thing Monday morning.

The turkeys are meant to be killed preferrably by a group and ideally with a bard to discord it. It's not an obligation but it will definitely help. The top 20 attackers will all receive something: either a full map or a map fragment (with a low chance of getting the horn). So you really don't need to worry about doing uber damage, which means if you see a giant turkey roaming around, join forces!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there seems to be an issue with the maps assembled from map fragments. I'll be fixing that first thing Monday morning.

The turkeys are meant to be killed preferrably by a group and ideally with a bard to discord it. It's not an obligation but it will definitely help. The top 20 attackers will all receive something: either a full map or a map fragment (with a low chance of getting the horn). So you really don't need to worry about doing uber damage, which means if you see a giant turkey roaming around, join forces!
You mean I can't solo it with my wither spamming necro mage or my sampire?

This game sucks!

*storms off*

-Galen's player

ps: Yes, sarcasm.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, but there are times where I just don't feel like typing "set skill 0, set skill 120, set skill 0" or making or switching to a char who has those skills I need to use; especially if its for something trivial such as potions.
You mean set <skill> 1200

You can make macroes for the different character types. Make a macro that sets skills low and then a crafter one, mage, bard or whatever. I just make one character on test centers then have macroes. This way the you don't have to click on all those recipes or deal with TC setup.

This is nice because you can take a few different things out on a hunt and switch around to mark runes or whatever.

-Lorax

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are these avians vulnerable to the bird slayer talismans?

B

Beastmaster

The turkeys are meant to be killed preferrably by a group and ideally with a bard to discord it. It's not an obligation but it will definitely help. The top 20 attackers will all receive something: either a full maps he a map fragment (with a low chance of getting the horn). So you really don't need to worry about doing uber damage, which means if you see a giant turkey roaming around, join forces!
And what does the bard get? Unless they are more than a bard, notta.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right on! I was explaining that to my Alliance mates.... saying hey if need be I can do the barding.... but um... could you share in the loot as I won't be getting any.

And they were like but you'll be discording.....

And I said yeah.. but that don't get nothing... provoking? nope still nothing... Peacing..... you guessed it... NOTHING....

I said bout all I can do is toss a couple of EV's at the thing and hope he don't dispell them... after that I'm pretty well done.

B

Beastmaster

Right on! I was explaining that to my Alliance mates.... saying hey if need be I can do the barding.... but um... could you share in the loot as I won't be getting any.

And they were like but you'll be discording.....

And I said yeah.. but that don't get nothing... provoking? nope still nothing... Peacing..... you guessed it... NOTHING....

I said bout all I can do is toss a couple of EV's at the thing and hope he don't dispell them... after that I'm pretty well done.
When was the last time bards got some love? Tokuno flutes?

Heck, they missed a great chance to throw us a bone of some sort with the snake charming in SA. They could at least drastically lower the stupid skill timer on provoke. That way we might get some use out of it.

I suppose I could load up all 4 skills on my bard and take a ton of ash and go live in Ice dungeon farming the oh so bad ice fiends with my wonderful horn.

D

Deb

"And I said yeah.. but that don't get nothing... provoking? nope still nothing... Peacing..... you guessed it... NOTHING.... "

Provoking will get you looting rights. A friend and I did a couple of turkeys
and she provoked them. I only got looting rights on one. So, provoking
them will get you looting rights.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm bards usually have at least some magery or taming or a dexxer skill. I don't really know any bard that has no other form of offensive skills. Even at 120 pts in each barding skills, that still leaves room for other abilities. The loot on the corpse doesn't really matter. But if you want to increases your chances, you can do what bards usually (I know I do!) ie, cast some summons if your magery is high enough, or some lower level spells, or throw some explo pots etc.

Get creative :mf_prop:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad3:
Hmmm bards usually have at least some magery or taming or a dexxer skill. I don't really know any bard that has no other form of offensive skills. Even at 120 pts in each barding skills, that still leaves room for other abilities. The loot on the corpse doesn't really matter. But if you want to increases your chances, you can do what bards usually (I know I do!) ie, cast some summons if your magery is high enough, or some lower level spells, or throw some explo pots etc.

Get creative :mf_prop:
Me and three other people were fighting one and I used several ev's and a few other spells and everyone got looting rights and a piece of the map but me. I don't think they like mages.

Do you know about how much damage you have to do to get a piece of the map?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a thought -

"The top 20 attackers will all receive something"

So does that mean, if you are in an attacking crowd of 20 or less, ANY damage you do means you qualify?

And in the case mentioned by Deb - my first thought was does a 'provoked' creature act in the same way as a summoned one, in that the provoker gets 'credit' for the damage it does when looting time comes around?

N

NewThunder

Wait a minute, are you telling me this is a muliplayer game? I thought this game was supposed to be designed so that Popps could solo everything.

D

DarkScripture

Where does this quest start? Where does one find a turkey?