• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

travesty soloing?

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't care what you call possible or impossible. It may be impossible for you so far, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Many of us here have succeeded where you have failed. Instead of calling us liars, maybe you should look at your own shortcomings and figure out what you're doing wrong.

And yes, I have solo'd Travesty on a regular EA/Mythic UO account, and within the last 4 months or so. I've never played a freeshard, so I wouldn't know anything about them. As has been said already, if you're only hitting for 15, you're doing something wrong.

And while I'm thinking about it, Travesty is Fey, not Repond. Maybe you should stop listening to whoever told you otherwise and you might get somewhere.
4 months ago or so is far from today... Do it today, post pictures or a video, and come back here.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna have to rally behind Macrophage and call shennagins. I just attempted on Balhae with Parry and Shield removing shield after being Copied. 40 Necromancy....

So it's nothing to do with Shard (Europa specific). Parry with Shield over Anatomy made little difference.

100% Poison Radiant Scimitar again testing consecrate to see if there was a way to increase damage. Average Damage was 10-25 with critical hit for 40-60.

Something ain't right...

Although it was solable it would take me a good 2 hours at the rate of 10-25 damage output and I would have to absorb quite a few deaths of that I have no doubt.

Only option that comes to mind is a different weapon type, one with Armor Ignore and then spamming AI in wraith form.

The issue simply revolves around the damage output which is where Macrophage and myself are having difficulties.

Besides Honor, EoO, 100 DI and Elemental Weapon (Consecrate) there is nothing within your means to increase damage output with the exception of stoning on Anatomy instead of parry. Fey Slayer is not an option at this point. This is the crux of the issue.

There could be something were missing but right now I'm just not seeing it. One the one hand I highly doubt changes have been made to Travesty but after testing both Parry and Anatomy something seems amiss.

Post up your Youtube videos fellas and show me and Macrophage how it's done.:popcorn:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh...

Ok I will try to get this done sometime this week.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh...

Ok I will try to get this done sometime this week.
Post Gear and weapon if you wouldn't mind. I equipped a Heavy Ornate and started landing for higher damage but I also started receiving more damage.

The problem for Macrophage and myself may lie in choosing the right weapon.

Travesty is not my idea of a good time for a sampire/whammy template. Yes it's a personal challenge but I prefer throwing up another template that is more geared toward this Peerless.

60- 90 minutes is just way too damn long. It's doable but without increasing Damage output it's just not my idea of a good time.

I'm all eyes and ears for whoever can enlighten me as to how to land 50-60 Damage per hit on Travesty.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna have to rally behind Macrophage and call shennagins. I just attempted on Balhae with Parry and Shield removing shield after being Copied. 40 Necromancy....

So it's nothing to do with Shard (Europa specific). Parry with Shield over Anatomy made little difference.

100% Poison Radiant Scimitar again testing consecrate to see if there was a way to increase damage. Average Damage was 10-25 with critical hit for 40-60.

Something ain't right...

Although it was solable it would take me a good 2 hours at the rate of 10-25 damage output and I would have to absorb quite a few deaths of that I have no doubt.

Only option that comes to mind is a different weapon type, one with Armor Ignore and then spamming AI in wraith form.

The issue simply revolves around the damage output which is where Macrophage and myself are having difficulties.

Besides Honor, EoO, 100 DI and Elemental Weapon (Consecrate) there is nothing within your means to increase damage output with the exception of stoning on Anatomy instead of parry. Fey Slayer is not an option at this point. This is the crux of the issue.

There could be something were missing but right now I'm just not seeing it. One the one hand I highly doubt changes have been made to Travesty but after testing both Parry and Anatomy something seems amiss.

Post up your Youtube videos fellas and show me and Macrophage how it's done.:popcorn:
I think after 45 minutes I had dropped about 20% of its health. 2 hours should be over the kick limit: there is a timer on those peerlesses, if you don t kill them on time you are booted from the instance. The 60ish hits for me were when I Was hitting a mirrored image. Unfortunately I was not leeching from those.

I am still eager to see a video of it ;) I can provide keys on Europa

J

[JD]

I haven't paid attn to every one of your posts Macro but if you haven't, you might want to be proactive and post your suit/weapon/skill spec so people can help, rather than accusing them of lying or saying "show me the proof this can be done".

N

NickyDishes

look man listen to connor.....i tried all these other ways that u guys tried and died died died until i took connors advice.....i use 40 necro, 100 ss for curse weapon, and a radiant scimmy ubws cause im macing....if u have any higher necro at all she will be way harder to kill, and if u can kill her it will take 8 billion times as long....i dont care if u have 120 resist or whatever else you think is better to have on the template.... why anybody would do it any other way than connors is beyond me...i tried every other way, and whether it worked or not, connors way is the fastest and most efficeint (<------hope i spelled this right)way to do her.

C

Connor_Graham

Do it today, post pictures or a video, and come back here.
No. Either believe those of us who obviously know how to play the character against this peerless better than you, and keep trying until you succeed, or give up so somebody else won't have to wait on you to accomplish what you never will.

There's an old saying that applies here-

He who says a thing can't be done proves himself right every time.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Macro - Probably shouldn't insult better players that are trying to help you.

But here is your proof.

YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
That video is copyrighted and blocked in my country...

Besides, the only people insulting are you guys... I warn people that the way described here doesnt work any longer on that peerless, there is no way to raise damage from 15 to anything decent, I also told you 4 greater dragons spent 90 minutes killing this, so believe me that it s been buffed up to the point your solo sampire won t be able to do it in a very long time.

Why don't you apply your caution advices to yourselves, and go double check that the way described here doesnt work anymore, instead of pretending I need help?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That video is copyrighted and blocked in my country...

Besides, the only people insulting are you guys... I warn people that the way described here doesnt work any longer on that peerless, there is no way to raise damage from 15 to anything decent, I also told you 4 greater dragons spent 90 minutes killing this, so believe me that it s been buffed up to the point your solo sampire won t be able to do it in a very long time.

Why don't you apply your caution advices to yourselves, and go double check that the way described here doesnt work anymore, instead of pretending I need help?
Nope, ur just doin it wrong.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went and tested it as i havent killed her in months, i did it the exact same way i did when i started my sampire 8 months ago and how connor told me to and she was dead in 15 minutes.

I also figured out where your going wrong AND you already dropped yourself a hint in one of your posts as to the mistake your making :p

Someone needs to learn from there mistakes, or just learn lol!!

:lol:

Thunderz

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since Lynk posted a video, I guess I have one less thing to do.

As far as 4 greater dragon spending 90 minutes and can't kill Trav, that is just wrong as well. Those guys are doing something wrong.....

I can go in there on my spellweaving tamer and drop Trav solo in about 25 minutes.

Also I have yet to get a response from either of you on my question of actually getting max honor when you are doing 15 damage.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this thread is definitely deteriorating into garbage given some of the recent posts above. Lynk your in idiot for tossing up a Rick Roll it does nothing to help future readers who might want to read this thread.

@ Thunderez 15 minutes I highly doubt. 20 minutes is believable if your doing 50-60 damage output but 15 minutes I think your telling some tall tales. Especially given that she summons some spawn at the end. PM me and I'll log onto your shard and I'll come along for the ride that goes for anyone who 'knows' how to solo Travesty.

Thunderz why didn't you post a You Tube video of your 15 min Travesty and give some postive feedback about your suit/template/ and weapon instead of a childish......:lol:

This is the maturity level of stratics posters? Your "The answer/hint lies in your own post"? Lynks Rick Roll?

Gimme an effin' break....If you know where myself and Macrophage are going wrong just come out and say it.

So far I'm not buying that this method works in 15 mins. I'll continue testing different things but thus far Macrophage is correct that the advice posted in this thread doesn't work.

If you guys know why both Macrophage and myself are having low damage output why don't you just come out and say it. I'm using a 100% Poison Radiant scimitar with Hit Area doing 10-25. Most often like 16 points of damage...

@NBG - Why are you asking about hitting perfection? This is nonesense. I can cap at 45 HCI and use LS but beyond that maintainting Perfection is completely up to the RNG. Maintaining perfection is not something we as players have any direct control over so I'm not sure why your asking what to me is a pointless question.

@Conner - If you know where were going wrong why not just come out and say it? Why not ask Macrophage or myself to post details about suit/ template/weapon and just come out and say "this is what your doing wrong" instead of taking it personal that someone says the advice doesn't work. This would be the more mature route...

Until someone can spell out to me in no uncertain terms why Macrophage and myself are doing damage of 15-16 with Honor, EoO and Consecrate then any posts of "Yeah I did it in 15 minutes and it still works" just don't hold water.

Now if someone comes out and says this is where your going wrong and why your damage output is so low and I just did it in 20 minutes...then that person is going to have some credibility.

But no doubt the maturity level and the integrity of this thread has deteriorated.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I asked about hitting Max perfection because I have seen myself hitting Trav for 15-20 at the start but the damage goes up to 40s-70s depending on Trav's resist once I have hit Max perfection.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
45 Minutes this go around on Europa.

Now I'm even more certain Thunderz is full of Bollocks about his 15 minute Travesty...especially knowing he walks around on a suit with 14 LMC.rolleyes::talktothehand::next:

Anywhoo...

@NBG: Damage at Full Perfection was in the range of 24-29. Critical Hits via Lightning Strike were the range of 110-120.

This was using a 100% Poison Radiant Scimitar. Consecrate helped none as it shouldn't have...

@ Macrophage - PM me if you want to hook up on Europa and we can do a few Travesty's together. I'll show you what I'm doing and we can compare notes. There is without question an issue regarding damage output. Using a Whammy is by no means the best method nor the most entertaining method to do this Peerless but it is doable.

The only way to increase damage is via corpse skin which increased damage output to 40-45 and Critical Hits 150-175.

The lack of response and positive feedback from Stratics members posting in this thread in regards addressing how to increasing damage output against Travesty is very disappointing. Not one person came forward with any positive feeding regarding this issue.

People come to the boards seeking advice and not a :lol:

On a side note: I'm almost certain Travesty used Enchanted Apples a couple times after I applied Corpse Skin.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I only soloed Travesty a couple of times years ago, I won't offer any advice. (I did it to say I can, now if I ever solo a peerless, it's Grizzle on my tamer or DH on my sampire... just for simplicity's sake)

However, calling our more respected members "full of bollocks" is not a good way to earn respectful feedback. Neither is saying that what we claim has been done can not be done.

And if you have 50 chivalry, Travesty can remove curses with the chivalry spell.

C

Connor_Graham

I warn people that the way described here doesnt work any longer on that peerless
Warn whoever you feel like, they're still going to listen to those of us who know better before they listen to you. You really need to wise up, accept the fact that in this you are a newbie, and apologize to those of us who have years more experience with this than you do. A smart person would realize that people with years of experience doing something probably know more about it than someone that has never done it successfully.

I also told you 4 greater dragons spent 90 minutes killing this, so believe me that it s been buffed up to the point your solo sampire won t be able to do it in a very long time.
So now we know there are 2 templates you are playing wrong. I, and most of the people that I used to run peerless with, solo Trav with a single GD, and do so in about 25-30 minutes.

:gee:

C

Connor_Graham

@Conner - If you know where were going wrong why not just come out and say it? Why not ask Macrophage or myself to post details about suit/ template/weapon and just come out and say "this is what your doing wrong" instead of taking it personal that someone says the advice doesn't work. This would be the more mature route...
When I tell Micromage that something I have done successfully a least a couple of hundred times is possible, and the inexperienced noob turns around and tells me unequivically that it is not, then goes on to infer I and the others that know better are nothing but liars, why would I want to help? Why should I?

C

Connor_Graham

On a side note: I'm almost certain Travesty used Enchanted Apples a couple times after I applied Corpse Skin.
I have just 3 things to say to that.....

L

O

L

and just for you.........

:lol:

J

[JD]

People come to the boards seeking advice and not a :lol:
Did you post your suit/weapons/skill spec? Or did you accuse others of lying..

@Lynk LOL at RickRoll.. I'm actually watching the video now.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warn whoever you feel like, they're still going to listen to those of us who know better before they listen to you. You really need to wise up, accept the fact that in this you are a newbie, and apologize to those of us who have years more experience with this than you do. A smart person would realize that people with years of experience doing something probably know more about it than someone that has never done it successfully.

So now we know there are 2 templates you are playing wrong. I, and most of the people that I used to run peerless with, solo Trav with a single GD, and do so in about 25-30 minutes.

:gee:
It seems the game evolves and you don"t. Your arrogance, which is insults for the people involved here, shows a lack of moderation on uo stratics. I do believe what you tell might have worked at some point, travesty must have been beefed up and I assume it has to do with the fact something has been posted about her on the "QA" UO website.

Instead of posting over and over again obsolete data, play the game a bit, bring four GDs there (no additional help like disco or anything, tasty treats allowed), and see how long it takes. Giving advices to people that will make them waste hours is not a good advice. It will just lead to grief. So please double check what you say with current data before giving advices.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems the game evolves and you don"t. Your arrogance, which is insults for the people involved here, shows a lack of moderation on uo stratics. I do believe what you tell might have worked at some point, travesty must have been beefed up and I assume it has to do with the fact something has been posted about her on the "QA" UO website.

Instead of posting over and over again obsolete data, play the game a bit, bring four GDs there (no additional help like disco or anything, tasty treats allowed), and see how long it takes. Giving advices to people that will make them waste hours is not a good advice. It will just lead to grief. So please double check what you say with current data before giving advices.
Show me a link to pub notes any time within the last year that indicates anything has changed with any peerless hit points, abilities, resists, or skills.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Show me a link to pub notes any time within the last year that indicates anything has changed with any peerless hit points, abilities, resists, or skills.
If you had played the game for as long as me you d know that they often do changes without patch notes.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had played the game for as long as me you d know that they often do changes without patch notes.
Surely such a skilled veteran like yourself shouldn't need help from any Stratics contributors then.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Surely such a skilled veteran like yourself shouldn't need help from any Stratics contributors then.
Where did you read I needed help from stratics? I actually helped people telling them not to follow what had been posted here because it doesnt work and is a waste of time. Do you have reading problems? Yesterday I saw you reply to someone who was asking about recovery for mysticism and it seems you read he was asking for a mysticism buff...

And yet if I need help I will shamelessly ask, this game has gone wide and it s easy to overlook something. And if I contribute, it will be with fresh data and thorough testing.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did you read I needed help from stratics? I actually helped people telling them not to follow what had been posted here because it doesnt work and is a waste of time. Do you have reading problems? Yesterday I saw you reply to someone who was asking about recovery for mysticism and it seems you read he was asking for a mysticism buff...

I believe your entire involvement in this thread was based around getting help figuring out how to do this specific peerless.

I'm flattered that you follow my postings so closely, you should Pm Saint Of Killers to join my fan club.

And if I contribute, it will be with fresh data and thorough testing.
Or the more likely possibility that you won't contribute at all.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe your entire involvement in this thread was based around getting help figuring out how to do this specific peerless.

I'm flattered that you follow my postings so closely, you should Pm Saint Of Killers to join my fan club.

Or the more likely possibility that you won't contribute at all.
wow you are slow to understand, aren t you? I posted because I wasted three hours following Connar advices and wanted to prevent other people from doing same. And I don t follow your posts at all, but since you post about everywhere (most of your posts sounding like trolling, I have to admit, but those boards are not moderated), it s hard to miss you.

C

Connor_Graham

Or, what's more likely, is that your 2 or 3 failed attempts were not done as instructed. You are also confusing confidence for arrrogance. If anyone is being arrogant it's you by telling everyone it's impossible to do just because you've failed. There have been no changes made to Travesty, especially not within the past 4 months, you just need to learn to follow instructions better.

The "data" is not obsolete, you just didn't pay very close attention to it. If you think you're going to do as well in your first couple of attempts as those of us that have been doing it for years, you are sorely in need of a reality check. Instead of giving us attitude, you should be trying to figure out why you failed where we succeeded.

On that note, just because you fail at something does not mean it isn't possible, or that mysterious, unannounced changes were made to the game. It just means it isn't possible for you. It never will be if you continue to make excuses for yourself instead of trying until you do succeed.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this thread is definitely deteriorating into garbage given some of the recent posts above. Lynk your in idiot for tossing up a Rick Roll it does nothing to help future readers who might want to read this thread.

@ Thunderez 15 minutes I highly doubt. 20 minutes is believable if your doing 50-60 damage output but 15 minutes I think your telling some tall tales. Especially given that she summons some spawn at the end. PM me and I'll log onto your shard and I'll come along for the ride that goes for anyone who 'knows' how to solo Travesty.

Thunderz why didn't you post a You Tube video of your 15 min Travesty and give some postive feedback about your suit/template/ and weapon instead of a childish......:lol:

This is the maturity level of stratics posters? Your "The answer/hint lies in your own post"? Lynks Rick Roll?

Gimme an effin' break....If you know where myself and Macrophage are going wrong just come out and say it.

So far I'm not buying that this method works in 15 mins. I'll continue testing different things but thus far Macrophage is correct that the advice posted in this thread doesn't work.

If you guys know why both Macrophage and myself are having low damage output why don't you just come out and say it. I'm using a 100% Poison Radiant scimitar with Hit Area doing 10-25. Most often like 16 points of damage...

@NBG - Why are you asking about hitting perfection? This is nonesense. I can cap at 45 HCI and use LS but beyond that maintainting Perfection is completely up to the RNG. Maintaining perfection is not something we as players have any direct control over so I'm not sure why your asking what to me is a pointless question.

Until someone can spell out to me in no uncertain terms why Macrophage and myself are doing damage of 15-16 with Honor, EoO and Consecrate then any posts of "Yeah I did it in 15 minutes and it still works" just don't hold water.

Now if someone comes out and says this is where your going wrong and why your damage output is so low and I just did it in 20 minutes...then that person is going to have some credibility.

But no doubt the maturity level and the integrity of this thread has deteriorated.
Haha you come here asking how to do it, we all offer help telling you step by step how to do it and you say where talking bollox, when we'v done it 100s of times the way we told you. Just because you to thick or stupid to be able to do it isnt our falt lolz!

I know now where your going wrong but with your attitude and insults do you really expect me to tell you now? If you'd asked before all the insults i would of told you after testing it.

And at my suite lol 14% LMC, have you seen my suite and stats??? EVERYTHING is maxed its absolutly sick! So there is nothing else those slots could of gone into worth having. I'd like to see your suite!!! If it was even close to mine you'd be able to do it in 15 minutes, Oh and if you used your brain and worked out where your going wrong when you'v already said what your doing wrong!!!!!!!

Thunderz

C

Connor_Graham

wow you are slow to understand, aren t you? I posted because I wasted three hours following Connar advices and wanted to prevent other people from doing same.
It's funny how other people have followed my advice and succeeded, yet you are unable to. Maybe the CIA used the technology found in the UFO at Area 51 to implant subliminal messages directly into your brain which causes you to fail.

:thumbup1:

J

[JD]

Thunderz suit is so sick I looked at his paperdoll and caught the flu!

A

A Bad Player

So I decided to go try Travesty on a Wammy. Cruised through it in about 20minutes without a hitch until it teleports back into the center. I honor it, lure it back to a corner, and it tele's back to the center in all of 20 seconds or less? Then I can't honor myself and I'm done for.

Do I just need to get full honor (as I was only a seeker to start)? What went wrong!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once it teleports, you need to do as much damage as you can, as quickly as you can.

As a tamer, I always used word of death after he summons his help and teleports away.

The teleport/help summoning is caused by a number, if it goes under x amount of hit points (I think about 10%), it calls for help. If it regenerates above x hit points, then it calls for help again when it goes under x again.

The only way to stop the cycle is to ignore everything else and just throw everything you have at Travesty for as long as you can as soon as you can after it teleports. This can mean switching to an armor ignore weapon and hitting it repeatedly, or it could mean risking failure by lightning strikes.

Just remember, Travesty regenerates hit points very quickly, so don't let up. Fortunately, the other side spawn can actually help you stay alive while beating on Travesty. Just remember to disarm the thieves and assassins and you'll be fine through the attacks.