• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

travesty soloing?

A

aceheart1976

is it possibleto solo travesty with a sampire, if so what is the suggested way to do it?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your template will have no healing, no parry and less than 50 necromancy.

You can use wraith form and cast a lot of curse weapons (yes, you'll fail at 50 necromancy, but it's better than getting necro-spells cast at you).

Then it's just hit hit hit kill. It takes a while (and I've only done it successfully once).

A

aceheart1976

heres my template:
120 swords
120 bushi
120 parry
gm anat
gm tactics
gm necro
60 chiv

think it would work?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Travesty copies your parry, you will hit 35-40% less often unless you have a one handed weapon and a shield.

With GM necromancy, Travesty will cast necromancy spells at you, which are surprisingly effective given that Travesty SHOULD have no spirit speak.

And I think that Travesty also copies the vamp form, because when I tried that with that template, I fought Travesty for about half an hour and didn't bring her down even a sliver of life.

But that was over two years ago, maybe it changed since?

D

Diggity

Your template is very similar to what I use. Travesty does not change once it has copied you - unless you go offscreen. I hold a dagger and shield until Trav copies me. Dagger means less damage to me, shield makes it easeier to hit. Once Travesty has copied me, I switch weapons.

I stay in vamp form - makes it easier to deal with the side spawn later.

C

Connor_Graham

Your template is very similar to what I use. Travesty does not change once it has copied you - unless you go offscreen. I hold a dagger and shield until Trav copies me. Dagger means less damage to me, shield makes it easeier to hit. Once Travesty has copied me, I switch weapons.

I stay in vamp form - makes it easier to deal with the side spawn later.
If you use a wep with Whirlwind on it, Travesty will use it to kill it's own copies.

A

aceheart1976

just tried a few times with travesty, she keeps morphing to what ever you are carrying. couldnt stay alive long enough to solo her. so not good for sampires

C

Connor_Graham

1. Go in Wraith form, making sure NOT to have a Conjurer's Trinket equipped, with only 49.9 max necro skill.

2. Use a Twinkling Scimitar, or some other weapon with the Whirlwind special.

3. Carry a shield to negate Parry, or simply remove Parry altogether.

4. DO NOT have Healing on your template.

5. Use pots if necessary.

6. Cast Curse Wep to heal

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can pretty much rely on whatever Connor says.. if you do what he lists you should be able to solo Trav pretty easily.

A

aceheart1976

1. Go in Wraith form, making sure NOT to have a Conjurer's Trinket equipped, with only 49.9 max necro skill.

2. Use a Twinkling Scimitar, or some other weapon with the Whirlwind special.

3. Carry a shield to negate Parry, or simply remove Parry altogether.

4. DO NOT have Healing on your template.

5. Use pots if necessary.

6. Cast Curse Wep to heal
ok, why not have vamp form? does it make travesty heal also?
i was using a radiant scimitar with WW attack, also tried a sheild, no healing on my char.

when you do travesty, how hard does she hit you when in your form?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much what connor said, it worked for me when i started a sampire about 6 months back now [geees that long now!!] and i can solo her easy.

Yeah if you have vamp form [wich you shouldnt as it means you have over 50 necro = impossible to kill :D] so will trav.

Wraith form, curse wep to heal, necro at 40 [trained at haven easily enough], wirlwind wepon, shield [one that is good for you wont accect him e.g. reflect/fc....], no healing, if you want drop parry [never tried this but it sounds good, what to replace it withthat will help you but not trav!!?].

When i do it i think i only actually have 640 skill points used lol, she hits for about 40 on me every about 20 seconds and she is dead within 15mins

Thunderz

C

Connor_Graham

ok, why not have vamp form? does it make travesty heal also?
i was using a radiant scimitar with WW attack, also tried a sheild, no healing on my char.

when you do travesty, how hard does she hit you when in your form?
Low to mid 20's. You don't want vamp form for the exact reason you stated. The Necro required to cast Vamp Form is enough to get you killed quick, even though Travesty's Necro abilities are more like it get a free GM or 120 SS to go with it. The spells are much too powerful to be just counting 99-Necro without SS. Just make sure you equip a shield if you have Parry, or not if you don't. Either way works.

A

aceheart1976

ok so how often do you need to cast curse weap for the leech on it? or should i just make a weap with hll?

A

aceheart1976

also i would nee to stable the drag and ride an ethy into the key table right?
take lots of heal pots? str and agility? refresh?

A

aceheart1976

just tried again with no luck. dropped necro, used a sheild with rpd.
and she still was wearing me down fast.and wasnt doing enough damage to her to really make a difference.

my suit is all 70's when in vamp form with 45 hci and dci and alot of stamina points.
seems all the weaps im trying right now just isnt working on her at all.

if i get healing would it help her any? or just me?
and please let me know what you got imbued onto your weapon thunder, would love to know how you do it in 15 minutes

A

aceheart1976

thunderz, lets start from the beginning lol, what skills do you go in with? what tactics are you using?

everytime i go in i dont last long, and went in with wife last night with her tamer. we did ok until the other spawn came out.
and that took us 45 minutes or longer.

just dont see how you doing it yet, and curseweapon does nothing for me. not even 1 hp heal

A

aceheart1976

no ss on my template.
120 swords
120 bushi
120 parry
gm anat
gm tactics
gm necro
60 chiv

im looking at changing my helm out for mace and shield glasses, but not sure where you get that 15dci from the anc sam helm back into my armor somewhere

Galingree

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Travesty copy only your "natural" skills or also what you have on your jewelry? For example would you be better off with 110 swordsmanship and +10 on a ring or would there be no difference compared with 120 "natural" swordsmanship?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Travesty copy only your "natural" skills or also what you have on your jewelry? For example would you be better off with 110 swordsmanship and +10 on a ring or would there be no difference compared with 120 "natural" swordsmanship?
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=105714&highlight=travesty

It has to be greater than 50 according to a former developer. So I don't think it would make that much difference between 110 swords and 120 swords. I don't know the answer about the real skill vs modified skill though.

C

Connor_Graham

No, there would be no difference as when Travesty copies a skill, he/she gets to use that skill at 120 skill level, at least that's been my experience when I've had my Chiv copied. Also, to confirm Shelly's info, skills are copied if they have 50 points in them or higher.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing to bear in mind is that Travesty maintains her base resists and skills, even when copying you. So if you have a low resist, Travesty would still have a higher level in the same resist. The same applies to skills. If you attack Travesty with only 40 spellweaving (as an example) and no other skills, Travesty will maintain high wrestling and ninjitsu skills.

To confirm: Take a tamer down there, polymorph into an animal, then use animal lore on Travesty to see skills/resists.

Or: Attack her with one very low resist and use that kind of damage and notice the lack of improved attacks (which is how I got suspicious)

Galingree

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing to bear in mind is that Travesty maintains her base resists and skills, even when copying you. So if you have a low resist, Travesty would still have a higher level in the same resist. The same applies to skills. If you attack Travesty with only 40 spellweaving (as an example) and no other skills, Travesty will maintain high wrestling and ninjitsu skills.

To confirm: Take a tamer down there, polymorph into an animal, then use animal lore on Travesty to see skills/resists.

Or: Attack her with one very low resist and use that kind of damage and notice the lack of improved attacks (which is how I got suspicious)
Thanks for the detailed answer to all three of you. I can confirm the negative result when trying to attack her wearing a suit with one very low resist. The experiment ended deadly.... (for us) :)

What I cannot confirm is players' fear of having a disco bard in the team. I have successfully killed Trav with my standard Sampire while she was in discordance. The discorder only has to stay away as far as possible and get invis when targeted. But we were talking about soloing her...
BTW Trav is not using confidence, correct? Would be impossible to kill her when she teleports away and uses confidence.

A

aceheart1976

im still having alot of trouble soloing her. i want to know how someone can solo her in 15 minutes with a sampire lol

ive changed most of my armor to the best pieces possible now like mace and shield glasses, legs of bane and i have all 70s in vamp form..... i read somewhere tho that she will do double sam to anyone using the conjurers trinket. any truth in that? i know she hits me hard and often, too much to solo her

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im still having alot of trouble soloing her. i want to know how someone can solo her in 15 minutes with a sampire lol

ive changed most of my armor to the best pieces possible now like mace and shield glasses, legs of bane and i have all 70s in vamp form..... i read somewhere tho that she will do double sam to anyone using the conjurers trinket. any truth in that? i know she hits me hard and often, too much to solo her
Are you not reading any of the posts these guys have been putting in here? You keep stating you can't kill her with your sampire..They're NOT using SAMPIRES. They go in wraith form, they have less than 50 necro..no way to cast vamp form...which is required for the sampire. Also about your conjurers trinket question. That was answered near the top of this thread. It has the undead slayer property. I'm about 99.9% sure the opposite slayer to undead is repond...so If she morphs into you, she becomes human. Thus hitting you for double damage...

C

Connor_Graham

Is "protection" a must then or would you get away with faster casting alone in order not to be interrupted?
I'd go with Protection myself, but that has to be taken into account when you build a suit.

A

aceheart1976

i have tried her in wraith and curse weapon. i get no leech back from the curseweapon even when im macroing it constantly. will keep trying but switching back to full sampire and will train resist up for the next round with her.
when i did her with 40 necro and in wriath. along with a tamer we got her down to spawning the other crap and they quickly killed us both...... since curse weapon seems to do nothing for me with her

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have tried her in wraith and curse weapon. i get no leech back from the curseweapon even when im macroing it constantly. will keep trying but switching back to full sampire and will train resist up for the next round with her.
when i did her with 40 necro and in wriath. along with a tamer we got her down to spawning the other crap and they quickly killed us both...... since curse weapon seems to do nothing for me with her
Did you have spirit speak skill while you were using wraith form?

Wraith forms mana leech and the duration of curse weapon depends on SS.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your template will have no healing, no parry and less than 50 necromancy.

You can use wraith form and cast a lot of curse weapons (yes, you'll fail at 50 necromancy, but it's better than getting necro-spells cast at you).

Then it's just hit hit hit kill. It takes a while (and I've only done it successfully once).
Curse Weapon is never-fail at 40 necromancy.

And you're not gonna leech any mana from wraith at 0 SS. And your curse weapon will last for MAYBE one swing.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so maybe buy necro and ss up to 40 each?
If you have room, 100 necro is better. Swap it out for anatomy and buy necro upto 40.

120 swords [wirlwind wepon]
120 bushido
100 tactics
40 necro [for wraith form]
100 ss [for curse wepon]
60 chiv [for eoo, or take it higher as youll have room with only 40 necro]
120 parry

Wirlwind wepon sl/ml/hitspell or ssi/hla/di [preferably 100% poison so you dont need to cast concirate]

Go in wraith form with plenty of pig iron, honor yourself, go in honor travesty, cast eoo, cast curse wepon [will have to cast about every 20 seconds with 100 ss], cast confidence, target trav and drag to a corner, cast - eoo/curse wepon/confidence/lightning strike/evade when needed.
When tav disapers honor your self drag trav back to a clear corner [use wirlwind to kill any mobs that might find you] and beat her ass!

Thats about it, dont think i missed anything :)

Works fine for me and takes about 15 mins.

Thunderz

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have room, 100 necro is better. Swap it out for anatomy and buy necro upto 40.

120 swords [wirlwind wepon]
120 bushido
100 tactics
40 necro [for wraith form]
100 ss [for curse wepon]
60 chiv [for eoo, or take it higher as youll have room with only 40 necro]
120 parry

Wirlwind wepon sl/ml/hitspell or ssi/hla/di [preferably 100% poison so you dont need to cast concirate]

Go in wraith form with plenty of pig iron, honor yourself, go in honor travesty, cast eoo, cast curse wepon [will have to cast about every 20 seconds with 100 ss], cast confidence, target trav and drag to a corner, cast - eoo/curse wepon/confidence/lightning strike/evade when needed.
When tav disapers honor your self drag trav back to a clear corner [use wirlwind to kill any mobs that might find you] and beat her ass!

Thats about it, dont think i missed anything :)

Works fine for me and takes about 15 mins.

Thunderz
Tried this same exact strategy and was hitting - when I was hitting - for 15 hp. not enough to leech back enough mana (not to mention health)

Y

Yen Sid

Tried this same exact strategy and was hitting - when I was hitting - for 15 hp. not enough to leech back enough mana (not to mention health)
Consecrate Weapon? If not that's your trouble. Physical Damage doesn't work too well against any Changeling.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consecrate Weapon? If not that's your trouble. Physical Damage doesn't work too well against any Changeling.
Consecrate weapon wasnt adding any damage. I used 100% cold weapon. I seriously doubt it s possible to do it the way it s been posted here on OSI currently.

J

[JD]

Just a thought, but what Connor said about equipping a whirlwind weapon + someone else advising 'not to wear conjurer's trinket' gave me an idea...

Has anyone tried entering travesty's area, equipped with an UNDEAD SLAYER radiant scimitar, shield, and the conjurer's trinket?

And then after Travesty copies you, switch to a REPOND slayer weapon and Primer of arms?

It would seem you might do insane damage against travesty. First cause he's repond, second cause he'd have copied your UNDEAD slayer weapon and possibly the conjurer's trinket...

This could even possibly work to a mage's advantage..? Roll in there equipped with a -29 Mage Weapon with Undead slayer, and swap to a repond slayer book after he copies you. Would Trav get -29 Magery? 120 magery -29 skill... he'd suck

Does Trav only copy you once during the fight? Or multiple times?

What if you die, run to a corner, and use self res (sacrafice). Does he re-copy you?

Y

Yen Sid

Just a thought, but what Connor said about equipping a whirlwind weapon + someone else advising 'not to wear conjurer's trinket' gave me an idea...

Has anyone tried entering travesty's area, equipped with an UNDEAD SLAYER radiant scimitar, shield, and the conjurer's trinket?

And then after Travesty copies you, switch to a REPOND slayer weapon and Primer of arms?

It would seem you might do insane damage against travesty. First cause he's repond, second cause he'd have copied your UNDEAD slayer weapon and possibly the conjurer's trinket...

This could even possibly work to a mage's advantage..? Roll in there equipped with a -29 Mage Weapon with Undead slayer, and swap to a repond slayer book after he copies you. Would Trav get -29 Magery? 120 magery -29 skill... he'd suck

Does Trav only copy you once during the fight? Or multiple times?

What if you die, run to a corner, and use self res (sacrafice). Does he re-copy you?
It doesn't copy attributes of weapons/armor. It copies the items but gives it a blank version like NPC bought armor/weapons.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consecrate weapon wasnt adding any damage. I used 100% cold weapon. I seriously doubt it s possible to do it the way it s been posted here on OSI currently.
I had a similar experience last week using 100% Poison Weapon, Wraith form, and I had Anatomy stoned on. I might try to give it a shot with parry but I am in no real hurry to go back and experience what turned out to several hours ordeal. 50,000 Hit points is no picnic when your doing low damage.

Maybe with parry and equipping a shield will help some but my damage output was extremely low and I just wasn't able to leech back sufficient life to stay in the fight the whole time. I almost gave up after Travesty dropped me several times but I was stubborn about it I was finally able to it. All in All it was a nightmare.

I'm not sure where I went wrong as I pulled out all the stops. Consecrate didn't do anymore damage and I was mashing the keys to stay alive because of the low damage output.

I doubt anything has changed to make the task so difficult. I had a similar experience with Grizzle two days ago where the damage out put was so low I just wasn't able to sustain any offense or defense. With Grizzle I decided to wear a Darkwood Bloodwood so my DI was probably around 50%...with Travesty I'm not sure why the damage output was so low.

Can't put my finger on it...

From my experience against 160's if your not doing at least 50 points damage your not in the running..this was the case with both Travesty and Grizzle.

I watched a Youtube video the other day of some guy doing Grizzle and he was landing for 60-80. I dun get it...

Honor, EoO, 100 DI and an elemental weapon....consecrate to boot just because the damage output was so low I was unsure if I had brought the right weapon.

Depressing to say the least and humbling. I got my head handed to me by both Travesty and Grizzle. Three weeks ago I felt like a Champion as I was standing Toe to Toe with Daemonic Guardians....

Glory is fleeting...:sad4:

C

Connor_Graham

I seriously doubt it s possible to do it the way it s been posted here on OSI currently.
I would have to disagree with you on that. I've lost count of how many times I've taken Travesty down using the exact tactics I listed at the beginning of this thread. It takes skill to fight peerless, it's not a walk in the park. You will die many times before you "get the hang" of it.

Besides, if it wasn't possible, there wouldn't be so many of us in this thread explaining how to do it.

*grumbles*

Kids these days.....:gun:

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to disagree with you on that. I've lost count of how many times I've taken Travesty down using the exact tactics I listed at the beginning of this thread. It takes skill to fight peerless, it's not a walk in the park. You will die many times before you "get the hang" of it.

Besides, if it wasn't possible, there wouldn't be so many of us in this thread explaining how to do it.

*grumbles*

Kids these days.....:gun:
I hit for 15 and 50%+ of my hits are against mirror images (good damage but no leech). I did it the same exact way it s been posted here. So I can tell you it s not possible to do it the way it s been posted here on OSI currently. The words OSI and currently are important. If you do it on Freeshard or did it 5 years ago doesnt mean at all it s possilble currently.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 40 necro and 50 ss you should be fine against trav. You will need protection so you don't get interrupted while casting cursed weapoin.

If you are hitting for 15 then you are doing something wrong.

Your damage should be at least around 40s-70s depending on trav's resist.

You need to honor and enemy of one and get to perfection asap.

Use a radiant scimitar + a shield and you should be fine.

Make sure the weapon has hit area on it!!!!!

I just keep double clicking trav's health bar while spamming lighting strike and consecrate weapon (Make sure you keep curse weapon up!!!!).

If you can't even do the above then you don't know how to play the template and you need practice.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 40 necro and 50 ss you should be fine against trav. You will need protection so you don't get interrupted while casting cursed weapoin.

If you are hitting for 15 then you are doing something wrong.

Your damage should be at least around 40s-70s depending on trav's resist.

You need to honor and enemy of one and get to perfection asap.

Use a radiant scimitar + a shield and you should be fine.

Make sure the weapon has hit area on it!!!!!

I just keep double clicking trav's health bar while spamming lighting strike and consecrate weapon (Make sure you keep curse weapon up!!!!).

If you can't even do the above then you don't know how to play the template and you need practice.
I obviously had honor and enemy of one. I also had a repond slayer. Only thing I didn t have was hit area and a shield (I soulstoned parry)... And I obviously know how to press 3 different buttons, thanx. Calling me stupid wont change the fact that out of all the people I know who tried it, none were doing over 15 damage per hit... So either it s an Europa thing, or you guys are giving advices (with a very arrogant tune I must say), without having tried it in years. (because years ago I could solo that thing with a tamer and a rune beetle, thanx).

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look, I soloed her multiple times after the sampire skill nerf. Nothing has changed for travesty since then so don't even go there.

No hit area is huge! plus why in the world would you have repond slayer? repond slayer does not do extra damage.

Are you getting to max perfection? If as you said you are hitting images half of the time, did you even have time to reach the 100% damage bonus?

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look, I soloed her multiple times after the sampire skill nerf. Nothing has changed for travesty since then so don't even go there.

No hit area is huge! plus why in the world would you have repond slayer? repond slayer does not do extra damage.
It s been posted on this thread that trav was repond sensitive so I used repond... Now I m OK to try hit area, but that won t make me hit trav for more than 15 unfortunately.

About perfection, I m pretty sure I recall that hitting the images won t make you lose it, so I probably reached it. On a side note I can tell you that I ve been to travesty with 4 greater dragons and it took 90 minutes to defeat her. So I am pretty sure that something happened to her. Best would be you go try her, video it, and post the result.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you reach max perfection during your fights with trav? Also consecrate weapon does add damage, cold is not always the lowest resist for trav.

Also using confidence helps to get some health back in a tight squeeze.

Hit area will totally allow you to keep the image counts down which means you will be able to reach max perfection in no time.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I obviously had honor and enemy of one. I also had a repond slayer. Only thing I didn t have was hit area and a shield (I soulstoned parry)... And I obviously know how to press 3 different buttons, thanx. Calling me stupid wont change the fact that out of all the people I know who tried it, none were doing over 15 damage per hit... So either it s an Europa thing, or you guys are giving advices (with a very arrogant tune I must say), without having tried it in years. (because years ago I could solo that thing with a tamer and a rune beetle, thanx).
Europa!!! This is where I tried Travesty! Very interesting....

What happens if your not killing all the Mirror images? What's the effect?

C

Connor_Graham

So I can tell you it's not possible to do it the way it s been posted here on OSI currently. The words OSI and currently are important. If you do it on Freeshard or did it 5 years ago doesnt mean at all it s possilble currently.
I don't care what you call possible or impossible. It may be impossible for you so far, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Many of us here have succeeded where you have failed. Instead of calling us liars, maybe you should look at your own shortcomings and figure out what you're doing wrong.

And yes, I have solo'd Travesty on a regular EA/Mythic UO account, and within the last 4 months or so. I've never played a freeshard, so I wouldn't know anything about them. As has been said already, if you're only hitting for 15, you're doing something wrong.

And while I'm thinking about it, Travesty is Fey, not Repond. Maybe you should stop listening to whoever told you otherwise and you might get somewhere.