• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trammelization of Fel and Powerscrolls

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I die in underworld I usually head for the fountain - if I don't have any self rezes from Sacrifice left, or into the abyss and head for the tree.
I have a different memory of why insurance came in. I remember it being in response to a growing trend for griefing people by luring mobs between them and their corpse deliberately to make them lose their kit - or to steal it when looting bones was possible.

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you're PVM, you get a 'count' of such - called Fame/Karma. PVP is unique that it shows player Kill Count, That's the equivalent balance to me. In pvp everywhere, it's ALL about the kill, and in that aspect, that's part of the reward for being successful, maybe it should be a ration of kills/losses, dunno.
Yeah sure, keep a kill count. But this whole notion of "Oh no, you've attacked too many blues, now you're a murderer!" is hopelessly outdated. At this point Fel is PVP World, and penalizing someone for attacking people there is like penalizing someone for attacking in a WoW battleground or something.

And no I don't have any reds. But it's not 1999 anymore, and we don't need a murder system to try and stop PKs from raiding an RP wedding or whatever.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of just getting rid of the red status, just open up all facets for the murderers. It's not like a murderer in tram is going to be able to attack anyone.

S

Sevin0oo0

So what if they remove 'perma' Red? Does it matter that they can earn redemption?
Right now he's only unsavory, but if Fame and Karma would both naturally decay, I'll soon have a Dred Lord toon - one that's never died, worn armor, or held a weapon or cast over a handfull of spells excluding recall. Just mean and evil he is, shouldn't be trusted, and I await the day NPC Shopkeepers stop selling him items. His Guild? Elf Workers Society, his name? yeah, Santa Claus, my first Tinker - fell into Sosaria on a Christmas Eve, first thing he did? make and hand out goodies, of course. Like a Perma Red, there's no place for him in UO, just delete him, remember the fun days, move on and don't follow straight game mechanics on the next build.

Dread Lord, How do you keep that? Killing all those Glorious Lords in Fel? yeah, whatever. So what mobs have negative Level 5 Fame and Karma? That's right, it doesn't work that way. Where is the incentive to PVP? all it does, that I can see is limit what that character does in the game. People wonder why it's dieing, fun at first, it was new, I say it's a badly designed system, and has been static for too long.

Z

Zyon Rockler

First off, this is huge because you cover skills and 2 main rule sets and also insurance and game play.

I have an idea for insurance in Fel. Create a new coin, dull copper. All spawns in Fel will spawn dull copper. Make all insurance in Fel use dull copper. For Faction items use Silver. This will control where the Factioneer will hunt, so that looking for someone to fight in Factions will be alittle easier.

Make it so that any time you die in Fel at all, if you do not have any dull copper, you will lose all of your items. So, someone who plays in Factions would need Silver. Someone who plays in Fel would need dull copper and somebody who hunts in Trammel would need gold.

I think power scrolls should go up to 130 and then once you reach 130 there should be another scroll you can take that will unlock it forever but the gains would be very slow. For example .1 every 3 months. The skill would simply add Mods unless it was crafting or fishing then it could also add a percent to the chance of getting the best. So, in theory, you could reach skill cap of 720 in 1 skill but it probably wouldn't help much after 130.

So, you would have more scrolls and they could be more rare, extremely rare. I would add stat scrolls that give you an automatic stat change. For example: If you wanted to add 10 dex but you had 10 intel, you could use a scroll that would automatically adjust your stats. So, you could add more scrolls. They could add race scrolls that could increase your racial power. For example: Luck gain of 100 that would stack up to 500 but could then slowly decay making you unlucky again. They could do the same with scrolls, where your skill would begin to decay. For example: A power scroll could be good for 1 year. The ones that give you 130 could be good for 6 months and anything after 130 could always be subject to decay.

So, I would say add power scrolls to Trammel but make them rare and make the spawns more difficult, then I would add a better chance of receiving rare scrolls in Fel.

I would not monopolize the scrolls or items. I think making it easier to get is good enough because I have seen no resistance and as long as I can receive the items in Trammel I really see no reason to go to Fel.

To get me into Fel, you would have to give me something to explore, so I would increase the danger in Fel. I would put Navry walking around, Slashers, take the ability to recall away in areas or cause it to fail, put better camps for NPCs, every boss imaginable, paragons, force people to work together or die. I would set the spawns to attack aggressors, at least most of them. That would get me to Fel. I would probably go completely without power scrolls before I would give myself the headache of dealing with a bunch of angry people, which is all it ever really seems to come down to.

I would give Thieves a toggle in Trammel, so they could steal cursed items from you and when they did they would turn grey and you could get 5 or 6 people to kill them or you could attack them yourself putting you both into PvP on or you could just let the Thief walk away with your item and deal with the fact that you lost something.

Z

Zyon Rockler

Basic is guard zones where the guard can be killed. If a guard is killed two guards could spawn so it would stop at a point. Like if a guard seen you do something it would move in if you called one it would stay with you.

Spawns could be used to protect or other. So just placing them would make a part of the map safe. So towns ppl could be powerful like a mage npc. So in town you would have alot of safety. In some towns.

You could do anything you like though. Have a town where a magic power or a spell has been cast and no one can fight each other even if they try. Some places could be evil making you hit others without your control it would just happen and you would have to stop yourself.

But it would be based mainly on borders like Brit, in the Heart of the City it would be safer than out on the edge of town mainly because of patrols or less npcs.

For example: If you were mining and there were NPC miners and someone attacked you, the NPCs would begin fighting your attacker. So, a PK would avoid that and look for a miner who was in a place alone. In these places, I would add danger for the PK so when they went looking around different things would happen to them. Systems that would detect a red character making it a challenge for the Red to not only kill someone but just to survive making them a very challenging character to play.

I'm not sure if that's the answer you're looking for and there's alot of things that can be done but I would mainly focus on making sure that the Trammel ruleset is still a very strong focus. The only difference would be that you would probably be killed if a PK decided he was going to kill you in town, he probably would but in a matter of seconds he would be dead and as you left and got further from those safe zones, your chances of losing more would increase and whatever you were trying to get in those areas would become more and more powerful and more and more vulnerable to loss.

S

Sevin0oo0

First off, this is huge
yeah, it's huge alright, I'll have to read thru your post a couple times and let it soak, excellent ideas, especially silver for insurance costs
some of the other stuff I was tossing about.... It's still kinda rough, and it envolves Factions, just trying to start a usable path

No Insurance for Reds, the ultimate 'tough dogs', insurance for everybody else, just at double insurance premium rates in Fel.
OK for Reds in Tram, just can't fight there (excluding Guild wars and opposing Factions).
You can't call guards on a fellow Factioners, guild members, or other guild members, if at war
Safe areas are Gates, and city limits, No targeting across boundary lines, into or from a safe area
A pvp loss affords the loser a small amount of Honor, useable once and not cumulative
Long term counts - total PVP wins
Losses - total pvp deaths
Short Term cap, the indicator of progress to become Red, at x-amt of Kills, where you'll become Red. This point allows enlistment in a Faction, where you the lowest tier of gear will be immediately available.
Joining a Faction without being Red will require a certain amount of kills to enable the first level of gear.
If you sacrifice your Redness and repeat the path, the next level of Faction gear opens up to buy and equip.
Some items in levels may not be obtainable in any other manner, and equipt only by others on the same or higher level.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It always bewilders me when I read people say that there's no incentives to go to Fel. There's plenty, a long series going back to the Dungeon Khaldun. Khaldun itself had some pretty cool content which was only duplicated in Trammel for a brief period; a Halloween event some years back. Power Scrolls are of course still-useful; they are basically the only item that basically every character ever created will need sooner or later, and most of them are available only in Felucca. Both Abyss Fel Champ Spawns have unique content, the Primeval Lich one in particular. It's very creative and well-thought out and makes for excellent atmosphere and most players won't experience it because it exists primarily to bait them and they know it. Various Artifacts, including but not limited to Faction Artifacts, are available exclusively in Felucca. Double fame and double resources are also powerful incentives. The Justice Virtue is available only in Felucca, which (in a very under-rated fact) means that only someone who PvPs will ever have the long-awaited "Knight of the Virtues" title when and if it eventually comes. And since it's mostly RPers who would want that, and who have been deliberately and consciously driven out of Felucca (based on the various things Fellies have said about RP and RPers over the years and the way they have behaved), that is that.

I am periodically told that I'm a stupid Trammie, and that these are not "real" incentives. It bewilders me as to what would be counted as a "real" incentive. I guess the only real answer is "anything that lures people who would not otherwise want to go."

And therein lies the crux of the issue. The problem is not, and has never been, that there are no reasons to go to Felucca. It's that going there means, by definition, participating in a lifestyle most players don't want to experience. It's been proven over the years that players will avoid content rather than experience that. Felucca is a failed business model that the manufacturer has tried through various means to prop up over the years. All those means have, in the longer-run, failed.

Having said that? I do not foresee them ever moving power scrolls to Trammel, or for that matter any of the other incentives, and see no point whatsoever in ever raising the issue. It will never happen and all it does is raise hues and cries for the exact opposite.

-Galen's player

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what if they remove 'perma' Red? Does it matter that they can earn redemption?
Right now he's only unsavory, but if Fame and Karma would both naturally decay, I'll soon have a Dred Lord toon - one that's never died, worn armor, or held a weapon or cast over a handfull of spells excluding recall. Just mean and evil he is, shouldn't be trusted, and I await the day NPC Shopkeepers stop selling him items. His Guild? Elf Workers Society, his name? yeah, Santa Claus, my first Tinker - fell into Sosaria on a Christmas Eve, first thing he did? make and hand out goodies, of course. Like a Perma Red, there's no place for him in UO, just delete him, remember the fun days, move on and don't follow straight game mechanics on the next build.
You appear to be totally misunderstanding how fame/karma works. These three pages may help

UO Stratics *New* | Reputation FAQ: Reputation

UO Stratics *New* | Negative Karma

UO Stratics *New* | Fame and Karma / Reputation Titles

Fame and Karma decay - both negative and postive. - They decay back to Zero. A crafter can never lose enough karma to become Dread Lord, assuming the loss is gained through poisoning items. The only characters that NPCs won't trade with are murderers. The Dread Lord title is not relevant.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't the lowest level of karma use to prevent NPCs from dealing with you?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to my knowledge, but I could be wrong. It's not something I've ever tried to get - however, a crafter can not reach that level, so Sevin0oo0's elf is perfectly safe as long as he doesn't mine or chop wood where pixies spawn.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't the lowest level of karma use to prevent NPCs from dealing with you?
The manuals said it did.

What the manuals said and what actually happened did not always coincide.

Oh, and the NPCs did deal with PKs, it's just that for a long time they couldn't enter the guard zone. There was a post just north of the Yew Bank that the bank reached, but the guards did not, and PKs used to bank there on LS.

Whether it always worked like that or some change made it work like that? Who knows. This is UO.

-Galen's player

S

Sevin0oo0

You appear to be totally misunderstanding how fame/karma works.
They decay back to Zero. The Dread Lord title is not relevant.
Here's what i understand... At one time that toon was "Distinguished", I knew it 'fades' as over time, and I saw it dropping - figured I might have to work it at some point, for RP purposes, a while back it was Unsavory, I checked today, he's Sinister, ZERO fighting/defense skill - 100% pure crafter, you know, like the NPC Blacksmith in towns. He stays at home, period. So decaying back to zero is incorrect, or their system is Broken.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, what exactly does your crafter do? Because if he's not doing anything at all to earn negative karma, he could be bugged. Karma doesn't go below zero without some action to cause it. Usually in the case of a crafter, poisoning shurikens or weapons.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not recall Karma ever decaying over time.

Fame did.

RP-wise this makes sense. The idea was that Fame was fleeting and had to be maintained or the people would move along to the next her or villain in waiting.

-Galen's player

S

Sevin0oo0

and the point wasn't fame/karma, it was the negative should be obtained by killing (pvp). mobs give positive, players give negative.
PVM-PVP two very distinct play styles.
[OT] And I remember the Great PVP debates a bit back. I stayed out, so I don't know what ideas they covered or how it went, but I take it that not much changed and people are finding other places to play - I'll guarantee they didn't stop playing, they just stopped playing UO.
So If I'm just rehashing old worn out ideas, I'll STFU and go do something else. I read complaints and hear questions, often recurring ones: Why go to Fel?, Once Red, then what, Did I win? People that pvp seem to Like going Red, I'm trying to give them that with a modified system, let them do it over and over. I have that with pvm, I can sacrifice back to Zero, and do it all over again, and again, and again... I just don't see that in pvp, all I see is restrictions, What's next, start placing temporary account restrictions on them? Sometimes the current system reminds me of a lie, where you have to make up new lies for the original one, forever.

S

Sevin0oo0

hmm, what exactly does your crafter do? Because if he's not doing anything at all to earn negative karma, he could be bugged. Karma doesn't go below zero without some action to cause it. Usually in the case of a crafter, poisoning shurikens or weapons.
Here's how he went... after luring off imps at the Hedge Maze with my fighter, He came in and cast poison fields across to the Daemons until he got 'distinguished. That's the Only thing he's ever killed, and I can't remember him ever being killed.
Born xmas eve 2001, magery 75.0 locked; cook 81.1 locked; the rest is GM+ smith/carp/tink/tailor, Alch, I don't steal, and I don't poison, or make poison, on any of my toons. He wears crafter garb, mostly MR2 items, he doesn't need armor because he doesn't fight. And I'm not going to Kill Him to see if it 'resets' anything, I think it's the system that's jacked, not the Toon.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and he's never done begging for halloween? He shouldn't be losing karma. He doesn't mine in the orc caves with an orc mask? He's not wearing the robe (I forgot the name) that loses karma?

S

Sevin0oo0

and he's never done begging for halloween? He shouldn't be losing karma. He doesn't mine in the orc caves with an orc mask? He's not wearing the robe (I forgot the name) that loses karma?
no, to all three - I did recently buy a cloak of corruption, to go with my 'sets' collection. I do mining on one of my tamers. He has never begged for anything, not candy, aids, regs, anything, or even asked a favor of another players, he gives stuff away, he's Santa, duh. He can't attend events because of the danger - Would You want to be tha one that killed Santa?? 100% RP. he has never sold anything or taken gold from another player. He has never opened a player vendor menu - he has no gold, what's he gonna buy? He doesn't have Imbuing, because of the Risk factor in use the Queen's forge. never skinned an animal or looted a corpse. I think you get it

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh actually, no. I don't get it at all, and I don't think anyone else will. There is absolutely no reason that character should be losing karma that I can think of. I'm totally mystified.

S

Sevin0oo0

Posts 154-157, What's thought about those ideas? might those be a good path to start? There's still plenty of other things to consider on that direction, or just stick our heads into the sand and hope it all turns out grand, leaving it's current state as-is ?

S

Sevin0oo0

Sevin, did you use your crafter to complete the event where you ended up pulling an item out of either Lieutenant Crag's or Lieutenant Dan's chest?
no, I think my fighters did. He's a recluse, staying home tinkering. Never been in a dungeon. never done a quest, never been to Heartwood, ilsh, or most cities besides Glow, Papua, and Brit. never been in Fel. If he needs supplies, he has helpers that bring the resources to him, at home. Never been at sea. Everything he buys is typically bought for him and delivered - his bank is empty. He lost distinguished years ago - I tried Bods for awhile, but stopped working those on him and when it dropped again later, I said screw it, RP is kinda dead, and just let it continue, now he's Sinister. whatever meh. he still stays at home, very under utilized. He's a likeable old fart, so the house accommodates him and his weirdness.just how it is - not your average toon

The point was letting Reds go Red Again, and again...

S

Sevin0oo0

The original purpose of this thread has been fulfilled. That was to shine a light on some areas in the game and spawn ideas on resolving issues with them. Pros and cons stated and plenty of material of which to use is there. Devs DO read these boards. It's been a very constructive thread and I thank it's participants for their creativity and sharing with community. The author (me) has now officially abandoned it, but if someone wants to pick merits of any paths, (skills past 120 for example), Please feel free to start new threads. This one is over.
~peace

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The manuals said it did.

What the manuals said and what actually happened did not always coincide.

Oh, and the NPCs did deal with PKs, it's just that for a long time they couldn't enter the guard zone. There was a post just north of the Yew Bank that the bank reached, but the guards did not, and PKs used to bank there on LS.

Whether it always worked like that or some change made it work like that? Who knows. This is UO.

-Galen's player
Bankers always assisted PKs though. I'm talking about NPC vendors, which I know for a fact refused to deal with those who were at least red for a while . I found this out at one point in Bucs Den when the blacksmith wouldn't do business with me. What I am trying to remember though is whether or not it was only for reds or those with lowest karma as well. I have a vague memory of something like this occurring but what I can't remember is whether or not my character was red.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A tram vs fel thread.. haven't ever seen one of those before. :bdh:

As usual some of the people in here are fair minded and have a live and let live attitude when it comes to the differences in playstyle. Those are the types of people I can appreciate.

Others are clearly biased towards their playstyle and will never think that the other side deserves anything. To them I say just remember our monthly fees are the exact same and therefore everyone's chance to aquire items and simply enjoy their game time should be the exact same.

As for my point of view. Half the chars on my account are beyond Perma Red. You come to Fel and aren't my friend or in my alliance, you die. I also don't mind chillin in Tram grinding for some higher end items and am one of the nicest players you'll ever run into. I've played Siege off and on for about 8 years and can appreciate that particular shard's ruleset and culture.

Maybe it's because I have friends from all different sides that I've learned to respect their playstyles and never look to force anyone into a playstyle they don't enjoy.

S

Sevin0oo0

A tram vs fel thread.. haven't ever seen one of those before.
I've learned to respect their playstyles and never look to force anyone into a playstyle they don't enjoy.
Your last line I really appreciate. The thread wasn't meant to be solely one vs another, or making Fel another tram, it was about Tram's influence on Fel.
Fel is, was, the original single playstyle, the one that started it all, but it has trammel bits in it now. Topic was about those effects, good or bad,and should there be more, and in what form.
You stated having Perma Reds, so I ask, are not "Pardons" another Tram-the-other-way modification to Fel? as I can sense the pride in Red, even Perma Red, What if you received something for going Red, something the average player can't obtain? What if you could obtain a 'Real' pardon instead of a Forged one and allowed you to become Red AGAIN, and Again getting something special? rinse & repeat.

I can one-hit kill in virtue dungeons until I'm blue in the face, Not only do I get gold and items, I Also get a special drop for continuing those efforts. What do you get for continuing that original Fel playstyle? You don't 'get' anything, you in fact Lose things that toon can do. That's why Factions (a broken Fel thing) was brought up as a way to compensate you for continuing the playstyle you enjoy. There's an entire system built around rewarding folks for continuing PVM, what's the balance in PVP? A warning to Not Kill over x times? BS! The better Killer you are, the more it should be recognized, it is in 'Tram'. As 'tram' mechanics, maybe it doesn't have any place in Fel. Do I just have the wrong idea of PVP's place in Fel? and it's not really a serious part of the game?

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got told when i started years ago from an old player (pre aos), that pvp is the last thing to do in the game once you have done everything else, thats always stuck with me, IMO pvp is the end game of UO, they can keep adding content in tram which poeple will do, in the end the "pvpers" will go back to pvp, they need to spice pvp / fel up maybe merge it with tram in some way , so its like a negative in fel will cause a negative in tram, so you need to balance the good in fel to keep tram and better place?

S

Sevin0oo0

If you've been playing long, you know how if you PK'd someone, you'd be killable by 'them', anywhere. I think if you've PK'd, you should be killable by Anyone.
Murder an Innocent? Isn't there consensual killing in UO? Guild members could fight, until dead, Did they not start as innocents? Once you PK, you're not a Blue, imo.
Murder is still killing - that's the intention behind PVP isn't it, intentionally, with purpose, killing the other player?
My next thought was What if there was only ONE ruleset? Currently, it's just a huge PITA and causing conflict for dev and player alike.
"Red" is relative, it just means your kill count met a certain requirement. IMO, the player base should never have been split into Fel/Tram. Change the rules instead where both can coexist. It's too last to recombine the two facets, for numerous reasons, but they could change the rules so Red could fight alongside their blue counterpart and make Fel dangerous in other ways for that Risk vs reward thing - it sounds like they did that in the new Cove. imo, I think the New Shame, Tram side, should represent the Fel version, it's tough, it's dangerous, especially further in. I'm not sure 'calling guards' should be enabled against other players, and be reserved for mobs only.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why go to Fel?, Once Red, then what, Did I win? People that pvp seem to Like going Red
I have red and blue toons and play factions... I don't have red toons because "I won" but rather because I was fighting a blue non-faction guild for an afternoon one day (it was a great series of fights!) and got murder counted to death. No problem, fine with me. I choose not to work off the murder counts because I HATE the gate trash who use murder counts as a weapon. "Hey! I'm going to ____ with you and you aren't going to do anything about it because you don't want a murder count." In reality, a bunch of the blues in fel are as bad as the reds. It's sick! So I keep some reds to blow those guys out of the water when need be. Oh, and so that I can have great fights against blue guilds too, without having to worry about how many kills I get.

But, you know, I like galen said it further up... there's plenty of reasons to go to fel right now. True! Maybe tweak some issues, keep working it here and there, small changes, keep improving... I like what Zyon says... but it's too much of an overhaul. Small changes to improve play would be best I think. There's a zillion ideas in this post that are good, but I think baby steps is the right answer.

As for people who absolutely refuse to enter fel... It is 2012 now and it's different from when you left over a decade ago. Honestly, it's not as mean as you might think. It's still non-consentual pvp, true, but you might be suprised at what you find. And you'll realize that not everyone there is a hole. If anyone on chessy wants some pvp lessons, I'm game. I'm not the best, but I can def hold my own. Can't teach mage yet, I still suck at that.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I got told when i started years ago from an old player (pre aos), that pvp is the last thing to do in the game once you have done everything else, thats always stuck with me, IMO pvp is the end game of UO, they
i've always thought that too. i tend to forgo all trammie stuff now and stick to pvp unless i'm building a suit or something, then i have to grind it up in the SA. i would enjoy grinding the SA in a fel ruleset though... keeps it exciting!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ Don't Tread on Me. Most of the time every now and again you do that whole charge into 6 dragons things. I will verify that on Chesy most of our pvpers are decent folks and plenty of us blues running there are not going to kill other blues without being attacked. That being said there are a few that its best to just kill to they slink off to another shard.

S

Sevin0oo0

I HATE the gate trash who use murder counts as a weapon.
Silly and childish?. It's done because they can, it matches the system. One small step... murder counts goes away, Perma Red goes away, Calling guards on players goes away. only "kills" are counted. That halts the trash talk taunting. If you PK, you're Red. Reds attack Reds only. If you don't PK, you're Blue, no switch, no toggle, you do the playstyle you like. Pardons are Full Pardons, Red to Blue
Bad idea?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even if there was a one time red to blue the trouble would be that if you raid and pvp getting 5 counts is nothing. I don't raid and I have been up to 5 counts and had to eat a pardon. There are some groups that will use healers or blues to rez and then your stuck having to take them out and take a count. Thats why some pvpers stay red not that its a win or that they even want to be red but that in the normal course of defending a spawn you can take a few counts.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Silly and childish?. It's done because they can, it matches the system. One small step... murder counts goes away, Perma Red goes away, Calling guards on players goes away. only "kills" are counted. That halts the trash talk taunting. If you PK, you're Red. Reds attack Reds only. If you don't PK, you're Blue, no switch, no toggle, you do the playstyle you like. Pardons are Full Pardons, Red to Blue
Bad idea?
I don't hate the idea. Not sure it'll work either... gotta think on it. How does a blue become a red though? If blues can't attack, then how do they become red? Attacking a red maybe? How does the first red become red?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh actually, no. I don't get it at all, and I don't think anyone else will. There is absolutely no reason that character should be losing karma that I can think of. I'm totally mystified.
Did we suggest mask of orcish kin yet?

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another gimme it ALL thread for Tram?
there is a solution for you .play private shards .You can be god and have it all .Leave Fel alone

S

Sevin0oo0

Did we suggest mask of orcish kin yet?
Yeah, Petra did. only my miner does, for mining in the orc cave. Santa has white hair, & beard and would look awful in green (remember we're talking serious RP here). At one time time he didn't wear armor either, no need, but wanting a quick build on some stuff is why hew even got the man made MR clothing, brightsight lenses, etc. no capes or cloaks, I don't think he even wears a hat. If it really fades to zero, how'd it go from unsavory to sinister. It was just 'my choice' to have someone that gave stuff away at christmas, and did nothing else. Not sure he's ever been on an ethy. or claimed anything that didn't just appear in his pack. If i could transfer recipes and scrolls he's eaten to a new character, I would, and say the hell with gifts for you guys at Christmas. Back when gold was worth a little bit, he'd hand out checks and minor arties - now I know why I never had any money at holidays.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ever make any trapped boxes with him (and perhaps forget about them)? What about killing pixies? Never used snooping to gain dex, or necro for some reason? You said 75 magery, so I assume summoning daemons is out of the question. Ever killed NPCs?

S

Sevin0oo0

Did you ever make any trapped boxes with him?
What about killing pixies?
Never used snooping to gain dex, or necro for some reason?
You said 75 magery, so I assume summoning daemons is out of the question.
Ever killed NPCs?
He's GM Tinker, so boxes would be too powerful to be useful. Advent revitalized tmaps, which freed up a char slot for me, now w/ 33 tink, just for boxes
He's never had dexxer, necro, anat, poisioning, or thief skills, not even temporarily. I started a little archery making, but haven't worked it in a yr or two.
Except for Earthquake, used in magery training, he's never cast an 8th level spell, that I can remember, not even a Res.
He might have had Item ID, but doesn't anymore.
The only thing he's killed was demons over the hedge for the title, but that was a couple years ago. Did Bods to make up the rest.
I don't remember how he trained Dex/INT, it's been 9-10 yrs since I did that.
The only reason he got Any magery was to make something, a pentagram I think, otherwise it'd stay w/ just enough to recall.

weird huh?

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly the whole Tram vs Fel situation is and always will be that fact about PVP. Just like most of you said if you guys don't want to PVP then go to tram, and by all means that's fine with me. Its not until you start talking about artifacts that everyone gets mad, but honestly i don't think there should be any artifacts in fel at all period. Why you ask because fel is for PVP you hear it all the time. why bring PVM into a place for PVP this make no sense at all. You can keep telling your self risk vs reward but we all know that's not the case at all anymore. You all admit to killing for the fun so you come in kill us, then leave and not even finish the spawn, all just for one or two kills. I see it as PVPers dont really care about the artifacts or scroll that drop off the champ anymore they just want the kill. that being said why have things that pvpers dont even care about it in a pvp zone ???. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at being raided that's fel i just think that as far as artifacts are concerned they should be in tram not fel. why have something that is PVM based (Champ spawns) and put them in a PVP area (Fel). To those reds who think that this isn't fair you have 6 other character slots to make a blue and farm for your artifacts that's not unfair. UO isn't to concerned about PVP anyway look at it this way you have one facet to PK on and the rest are tram based I'm pretty sure you can see which one they like better.