• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trammelization of Fel and Powerscrolls

R

Rusko

@ rusko
I think its somewhat like that but adding in more facets can be highly problematic when it comes to additional facets.
Where are people quoting me saying these things? When did i say ADD MORE FAUCETS! ADD MORE RARES!

what the hell is going on?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That being said the idea that its a good idea to turn the new content into fel only is a terrible idea and that I am against.
I do understand that argument, I truly do. I may have a different opinion of it but I understand it. However, I am in even more support of not removing what Felucca does have to offer.

A few posts up someone quoted my pixie comment and said: "You chose to be red". OK cool well what I say about power scrolls is you chose not to go to Fel so that is why you have to buy them.

R

Rusko

I will report the next quote that is misleading to what I am actually saying... 3 times in a row is enough.

R

Rusko

I did not say:

I support TRAM Only Down With FEL!
Put more Rare items in Fel!
Add more faucets!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Add special Rares to Fel only is ok - but make it so you dont need to go there with 100 people to stand a chance against the hardcore PvP'ers that farm there 24/7 with their 30 red sampires as backup using speed hacks...because this wouldnt force ANYONE into that drop zones...

What would happen is, a few people would controll the market of that artifact and the others would just go and farm the gold as usual to buy it.

Oh wait, we ARE at this point in game anyway..so were's the difference..

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do understand that argument, I truly do. I may have a different opinion of it but I understand it. However, I am in even more support of not removing what Felucca does have to offer.

A few posts up someone quoted my pixie comment and said: "You chose to be red". OK cool well what I say about power scrolls is you chose not to go to Fel so that is why you have to buy them.
Actually, I do go to fel and get power scrolls. I just don't go red doing it.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well then the status quo is the way of it. Not sure why we go through this all the time but there are things like power scrolls that should be in fel and then other things that are in trammel. It encourages trade between the play styles that is a good thing if you ask me.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then the status quo is the way of it. Not sure why we go through this all the time but there are things like power scrolls that should be in fel and then other things that are in trammel. It encourages trade between the play styles that is a good thing if you ask me.
Agreed, it is a good thing. I sell 120's and pinks to people who don't want to farm or fight for them. They in turn sell me a crimson cincture I don't want to farm. Sounds like a decent trade agreement.

R

Rusko

This is why UOForums.com is better, their mods fix the problems, not add to them. (opinion, *smiles to Syrus*)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is MIRT jumping from one side of this debate to the other?
I am not. I have defened trammel's existance. I have never and will never support fel being removed. I don't really care that much about scrolls in trammel vs fel as I doubt it will make a difference. When I spawn I spawn in fel, well unless its a spawn thats only in trammel I do like the tokuno spawn. I spawn just about every week depending upon if I have to work that weekend.

R

Rusko

I am not. I have defened trammel's existance. I have never and will never support fel being removed. I don't really care that much about scrolls in trammel vs fel as I doubt it will make a difference. When I spawn I spawn in fel, well unless its a spawn thats only in trammel I do like the tokuno spawn. I spawn just about every week depending upon if I have to work that weekend.
My mistake, I just thought you were arguing against me trying to get more people back into fel, but then bashing people wanting tram only...

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Agreed, it is a good thing. I sell 120's and pinks to people who don't want to farm or fight for them. They in turn sell me a crimson cincture I don't want to farm. Sounds like a decent trade agreement.
Thats exactly how it should work - i got my CC's by selling Town Banners i farmed for alot of you guys - so its a quid pro quo situation ever day hehe

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My mistake, I just thought you were arguing against me trying to get more people back into fel, but then bashing people wanting tram only...
No I am still completley against your idea of taking current things out of trammel to add to felucia. I am also against adding any new thigns that you can only get in fel. It has not worked in the past and will not work in the future. Fel is where those that want to pvp can. Scrolls have been there long enough that good or bad idea its time to get used to it. That being said doubling down on a bad decision is a worse decision.

R

Rusko

I'm talking about drops, scrolls, more gold, regents, etc... based on the risk...
Even if I agree putting "more stuff" isnt as good an idea as just making the SAME stuff easier or less difficult to aquire with the extra risk of being there.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fel is what this game was created around, so how is putting everything in tram so Fel dies "keeping it as the same game"
Hehe, well first of all, what you just said is counter-intuitive. Secondly, you probably should of seen what I had quoted in my post to understand that she was saying much more in her post. Let me clarify, you said "Fel is what this game was created around" and then said "so how is putting everything in tram so Fel dies". Don't those two statements contradict each other?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why UOForums.com is better, their mods fix the problems, not add to them. (opinion, *smiles to Syrus*)
I firmly believe a moderator who breaks their own rules should be subject to the same punishment as a non-moderator. I also believe moderators are allowed to have an opinion especially on a sub-forum where they have no authority.

R

Rusko

Mirt, you should take some reading comprehension classes honestly... Once again I never said Take things away from Tram, or Add new things to Fel...

anyone else notice this ignorance?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm talking about drops, scrolls, more gold, regents, etc... based on the risk...
Even if I agree putting "more stuff" isnt as good an idea as just making the SAME stuff easier or less difficult to aquire with the extra risk of being there.
That is already there. The fact that it doesn't draw speaks volumes.

R

Rusko

Hehe, well first of all, what you just said is counter-intuitive. Secondly, you probably should of seen what I had quoted in my post to understand that she was saying much more in her post. Let me clarify, you said "Fel is what this game was created around" and then said "so how is putting everything in tram so Fel dies". Don't those two statements contradict each other?
Sorry, I just mean, When UO Started, it was Just FEL... but the player base was Split to a Risk vs. No Risk system (Tram vs. Fel) this was okay and good at first.

Then they made it a habbit of making everything about Tram and Fel Identical except Insurance... making the "Path of least resistance" to aquire the same item Trammel.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure the choice to obtain an item is yours... you dont NEED anything.. you WANT it... if you WANT it.. EARN it...

This is what happened to UO... EM Events are perfect example... what happens after EVERY event no matter the shard or faucet? Everyone says, "WHAT DROPPED? WHAT DO WE GET?"

Everyone expects too much to be handed to them risk and skill free
I believe it was right here Rusko. There was also that nice wallmart bridge comment. Of course I was talking not about you but about the entire course of the discussion. Anything aimed at you would have the Rusko in front of it.

R

Rusko

That is already there. The fact that it doesn't draw speaks volumes.
I agree it's already there but its ONLY scrolls, I think this should go across the board for most items in demand today...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rusko
I think your wrong on that. I don't see doubling down on a bad idea being a good idea. I have said this. Apparently you don't like that and I am ok with that. That being said adding an easy button just because its fel is a bad idea some things are in fel and some are in trammel.

R

Rusko

I believe it was right here Rusko. There was also that nice wallmart bridge comment. Of course I was talking not about you but about the entire course of the discussion. Anything aimed at you would have the Rusko in front of it.
And where did i say Add new stuff, or Remove stuff... I said people want stuff put on their lap with no risk or effort... this will also put more sentimental value into the fact that if you earned your item in Tram, you worked harder for it... and if you Earned your item in fel, yea it came quicker but you could have been raided and killed and lost alot more.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the idea of removing the obtaining of all artifacts from Trammel. Need a Crimson? Get it in fel, need a Tangle? Get it in fel. Lets look at Navery. People complain about being griefed there and they can't do anything about it right? If it was a fel rule set they could. Lets make Doom a PvP zone, heck lets make all dungeons pvp zones except legacy dungeons but only allow gold on corpses there. Want that fancy new legendary Shame and Wrong loot? Work for it in a Felucca rule set. Lets make Ilshenar and the Abyss a Fel rule set while we are at it too.

Where is the fun, where is the challenge? It is in player interaction. Any dungeon, any spawn they come up with people figure out how to solo because it is static, very static. PvP adds a dynamic element to things. I am sure I'll hear "play on Siege" and that is definitely a good option for some people. However, I think the regular production shards need a bit of an attitude adjustment that has been long over due.

Just my .02 no one has to agree and likely no one will.

i heard bah i miss pk players make them cme be killed by me
i hate tram need to disrupt other players games give me people to kill so i can be proud
i miss the sound of new player rage shout out in chat

never happen:)

isnt a age qualifier to be a moderator ??
please quit your faction of under 12 year old's that never grew up hurts this game

R

Rusko

on a side note since it was mentioned earlier: They should just fix tram spawns where you can't just show up and hit the boss and reap reward... if you don't Kill atleast 20-30 lvl 1 monsters of the spawn, you should be excluded from reaping any reward in the end.

and argument could be: "But what if a party member is running late and misses the first level"

Party members have looting rights so how hard would it be to give them the same spawn rights... if you didnt get in a party before lvl1 started you gotta wait for the next "pop"

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Used to be until they added OPed Artis to the boring/broken Faction system.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca should have absolutely nothing special that does not exist in trammel. Both facets should be exact mirrors as far as available content. If you want to PvP, go to Felucca. If you do not want to PvP stay in Trammel… that should be the end of story.

All that happens and has happened when adding content strictly to Felucca is giving a small minority dominance over the 'content' in which they turn around and makes insane amount of gold off of because they end up "controlling" that content by not allowing others access to it. Sound familiar?

The 'concept' of having content in the game available only in Felucca pisses me off. The Devs who thought of that should have their head examined fly a kite as far as I am concerned.

I’ll just go log in to my characters on the extremely secluded shards and farm to my heart’s content and it will be like I'm in Trammel anyways. I don't want to PvP and I don't want to be bothered or interact with PvP'ers. I wish it didn’t have to be that way but that is what I'll do to 'acquire' the content.

If 99% of the UO player base were playing mainly on Felucca you would not see me starting threads about adding content to get them to come to Trammel. Live and Let live. .I'm not needy like that. I don’t understand the need to lure players to one facet or another. Why are many players hellbent on luring people to a facet under a system of rule they have no desire to participate or be involved with?

If PvP and Felucca is so great then why isn't it bustling with players who want to participate?

All I did the first 4 years of UO starting from 1997 was PvP (When there was pre-casting tank mages circa 1997). Then the PvP system was butcherd with dismount & specials to what we have today. The point being we and others PvP'd because that's what we wanted to do there wasn't the need or even the 'concept' of adding carrots to the game in order to lure sheep to the slaughter.

Judging by some of these Felucca threads it seems many of today’s PvPers want to get anyone in their sights they can kill regardless of whether or not they possess any PvP skills. Any kill will do. People that want to PvP will go to Felucca and learn and get better and those of us that do not will stay in Trammel, there's no rocket science to it.

When I PvPed back in the day and the people I ran with we did not go picking on the weak or looking for those who we knew were no challenge. We wanted to PvP against other the people that also wanted to fight and thought they were badasses. That is why the idea of adding content to get people to come to Felucca makes zero sense to me.

It has not worked thus far and it never will. Einstein's Theory of insanity at work once again.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure what you quoted me saying was to try to get people BACK into fel, not make it go away... Please review my post you quoted.
No I do not want the system to be balanced at that point you might as well just take away what the game started for Player vs Player..........I want the ps to be only in fel and you have to fight us to get them, I also believe that some of this new content should come with only being able to get in fel as well

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No I do not want the system to be balanced at that point you might as well just take away what the game started for Player vs Player..........I want the ps to be only in fel and you have to fight us to get them, I also believe that some of this new content should come with only being able to get in fel as well
There should be some fel only stuff... but maybe the next new additions should spawn / appear / whatever randomly over the entirety of fel. That way raiding guilds cannot easily sit and watch a finite number of areas, but rather have the entire mass of fel to try to cover. This would not only spread any PKers out beyond their ability to reasonably monopolize the new rewards (kind of like trying to hunt and find miners and lumberjacks and stuff in fel) but also would allow blue guilds to mass in areas far without a certainty of a raid... but still a chance, but not a high one.

i wish more people would come to fel to fight... but I think the only way to really learn is to get in a pvp guild and learn. I tried for a long time with my bro to do it ourselves, but much easier once we joined a guild and learned the ins and outs.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i heard bah i miss pk players make them cme be killed by me
i hate tram need to disrupt other players games give me people to kill so i can be proud
i miss the sound of new player rage shout out in chat

never happen:)
I am not sure of why the hate as I do not know who you are. If you are someone I've fought and won you can rest assured your death was avenged as I lose far more than I win.

isnt a age qualifier to be a moderator ??

I am not sure if age is a qualifier, that question is probably better answered by the administrative staff.

please quit your faction of under 12 year old's that never grew up hurts this game
Which faction and on which shard?

At everyone else, I am taking in a lot of what is being said. I see the point about "forcing" people to Felucca not increasing PvP. Thanks actually, I was a little close minded to that idea.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not sure of why the hate as I do not know who you are. If you are someone I've fought and won you can rest assured your death was avenged as I lose far more than I win.

I am not sure if age is a qualifier, that question is probably better answered by the administrative staff.

Which faction and on which shard?

At everyone else, I am taking in a lot of what is being said. I see the point about "forcing" people to Felucca not increasing PvP. Thanks actually, I was a little close minded to that idea.

meant the faction of i am anti social and have to farm/pk peeps to be happy at game
no you have never interacted with me i believe
age i was more like that, being a moderator you would less start a troll fest, also like a teen pk player to gather attention
fel only was a losing prospect for this game, non consensual pvp would have killed this game before anything else!!!!!!!!!! including aos

look, most newer games also offer a option too opt out!!!!!!!!!!

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
meant the faction of i am anti social and have to farm/pk peeps to be happy at game
no you have never interacted with me i believe
age i was more like that, being a moderator you would less start a troll fest, also like a teen pk player to gather attention
fel only was a losing prospect for this game, non consensual pvp would have killed this game before anything else!!!!!!!!!! including aos

look, most newer games also offer a option too opt out!!!!!!!!!!
Oh goodness me I totally mis-interpreted your post. It is unfortunate though isn't it? That you can't express your opinion without someone feeling the need to troll the heck out of it. That is the Internet in a nut-shell it seems. A place more dangerous than Felucca, UO. Heck that should be the new slogan for Felucca. "You use the Internet right? Felucca can't be worse!"

There are probably still some teen PKers out there but I bet most of us are old farts now. Maybe it is kind of like those min-van drivers who think they are in NASCAR.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But, When DEVs created a competition between the 2, this is where the ACTUAL FAILURE started...
I disagree with that statement. The Devs never created a competition. Care Bears can Care Less about what goes on in Fel. PKs are usually the ones complaining and whining that fel is deserted and noone comes there and complaining about balance issues and why do the trammies get this and that...wah wah wah.

I'm sure the choice to obtain an item is yours... you dont NEED anything.. you WANT it... if you WANT it.. EARN it...
Crimmys and Tangles are rare anyway. If they didn't already make people go fight for power scrolls i would have said what the heck, why not. However, moving power scrolls there has proven to be a big failure. I already know it was never about needing people to fight. Most PKs don'r want a fight, they want a helpless victim to come along seeking loot so they can get an easy kill and some insurance money. How else would you explain them attacking defenseless mules? The true PvPers are in factions. The rest of them are just cowardly griefers looking for the next easy mark so blah.

No one forces you to go to fel... IF you want one of the items available in Fel, go get it...If you don't wanna put fourth the risk, spend your gold in luna and buy the item from someone who does wanna put fourth the risk
I have heard that many many times. All it led to last time was PK guilds using cheap tactics to babysit all the champ spawns so they can horde all the power scrolls for their Luna vendors. I'm sure that is what was intended when they decided to put power scrolls in fel [/sarcasm]

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PodolakUO Moderator

Yes... Let the flood begin!Gosh darnit don't tell me the next chapter of UO is "Noah's Arkbigbritannianboatthing"

I almost choaked !!! Please dont give the Dev any help in the idea department or next thing we know we will all be on that bloody ark as the Shards float away under the waves and they marroone us on a desert island with 1 pet a mongbat​

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PodolakUO Moderator

Yes... Let the flood begin!Gosh darnit don't tell me the next chapter of UO is "Noah's Arkbigbritannianboatthing"​
I almost choaked !!! Please dont give the Dev any help in the idea department or next thing we know we will all be on that bloody ark as the Shards float away under the waves and they marroone us on a desert island with 1 pet a mongbat​
*chuckles*

Can you imagine having all of us with our varying personalities stuck on the same boat, indefinitely?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh goodness me I totally mis-interpreted your post. It is unfortunate though isn't it? That you can't express your opinion without someone feeling the need to troll the heck out of it. That is the Internet in a nut-shell it seems. A place more dangerous than Felucca, UO. Heck that should be the new slogan for Felucca. "You use the Internet right? Felucca can't be worse!"

There are probably still some teen PKers out there but I bet most of us are old farts now. Maybe it is kind of like those min-van drivers who think they are in NASCAR.
aw did the last blue leave fel so you got really bored looking for last 8 years for one??

so had to post your theory of why we would go back??

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aw did the last blue leave fel so you got really bored looking for last 8 years for one??

so had to post your theory of why we would go back??
What?

Anyway no there are actually some new blues in Felucca, on Atlantic anyhow. I'd say they are doing fairly well at surviving and even holding spawns. I've been casting clensing winds on them when possible but honestly they don't even need much help. Its really cool to see. I am not sure what shard you play on, I imagine Origin given your name. I made the move to Atlantic for more activity and I haven't been disappointed, if you are having trouble on your shard it is well worth the token.

S

Sevin0oo0

I was kinda liking Rusko's idea of softer mobs in Fel. Meanwhile, with blankie over shoulder dragging ground and teddy bear carefully tucked under arm, I can swing away on those 30K HP mobs in perfect safety in Tram, or have a 'normal' mob in Fel, but have to watch my ass.... until I read Madrid's post...
Yes, they should be twins of sorts, content and dungeons aren't working, scrolls has been tried, x2 resources, nada there too, helps some tho. I'm thinking maybe Combat change?
Number 1, I think PVP should be available in Tram - perhaps selectable". Some want to fight, switch it on, go at it, similar to Party, except War Party. In Fel, non-consensual. Just a rough thought of making the true nature of Fel more visible and pronounced.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Number 1, I think PVP should be available in Tram - perhaps selectable". Some want to fight, switch it on, go at it, similar to Party, except War Party. In Fel, non-consensual. Just a rough thought of making the true nature of Fel more visible and pronounced.
A PvP toggle switch for Trammel isn't a half bad idea but I imagine there will be a following against that too. We sort of already have that with the ability to war guilds. Warring on an individual basis might more make sense though, good thinking.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A PvP toggle switch for Trammel isn't a half bad idea but I imagine there will be a following against that too. We sort of already have that with the ability to war guilds. Warring on an individual basis might more make sense though, good thinking.
I agree! That would be a good option and as someone who no longer does PvP (at least not willingly), i would welcome it. I don't see the point though. People who want PvP go to Fel and people who do not don't...or they are careful while they are there. I think we discussed the duel option before but PvPers shot it down.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And where did i say Add new stuff, or Remove stuff...
Here is your quote "I agree it's already there but its ONLY scrolls, I think this should go across the board for most items in demand today... "

So you are saying that if it is what people want then it should spawn in Fel only. All resources, scrolls and arties just to name a few.

How much more incentive do you want Fel to have? It has already been proven that no matter what the Devs do, you are not getting any more sheep to play with.

W

Woodsman

Sorry, I just mean, When UO Started, it was Just FEL... but the player base was Split to a Risk vs. No Risk system (Tram vs. Fel) this was okay and good at first.

Then they made it a habbit of making everything about Tram and Fel Identical except Insurance... making the "Path of least resistance" to aquire the same item Trammel.
Insurance basically removed the risk from Fel. The only thing you risk losing is time and item insurance if you get pked, and for most people, losing time is the bigger issue.

It's probably better off in another thread, but I wish they had just went with a PvP toggle from the start (with restrictions/timers to keep people from screwing around and then quickly toggling PvP off) and reworked larger land masses, along with a few dedicated PvP areas with certain spawns, rather than a mirror facet.

I've just kind of washed my hands of PvP at this point, and choose to PvP in other games where you can risk and lose everything, so I probably shouldn't even be commenting in this thread.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree! That would be a good option and as someone who no longer does PvP (at least not willingly), i would welcome it. I don't see the point though. People who want PvP go to Fel and people who do not don't...or they are careful while they are there.
I think you folks are making a good point: The people who want to PvP know where to go, period.