• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To TnT and KoC

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WAKA was a pretty large one back when you actually played and were a member.
Nah, not really, it just seemed that way because we steamrollered you so often, but in reality there were only a core group of guys in WAKA that I played with.

Unless, of course, you were speaking of the size of something else besides our zerg? I think everyone but Sloan, Aeowyn, and D had no worries there...

G

Goron

I call Goron out because it amuses me, nothing more. In fact, doesn't his sig say myth? And TNT has no alliances right? I was unaware he had been assimilated into the zerg...
lol, wow...
keep digging.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why post this? Because I see this as a better way to help recruit people to the shard? If they wanted to PvP like you guys do, they can do it on any production server at their Yew gate.

Make Siege PvP more unique by actually having large scale fights out in the field. For what? Bragging rights on the field.
I didnt know production shard pvpers could pvp in luna! If i was a prodo kid who always pvped in Yew, jumped on siege and ran into luna to fight, Id prolly think.. Luna pvp.. totally unique.. But thats me..
Yeah, such huge differences, ROFL...la

B

Bennos Morales

Up until about a year ago, TnT/MYTH almost NEVER fought in Luna. In fact most of us rarely went there. We did our best, even as a new guild, to call fights well outside the guardzone for a little fun, KNOWING full well we'd get our butts handed to us by the bigger guilds and better, more experienced PvPers. Did that stop us? No... We called fights at Spirituality, Wrong Arena, Stonehaven, inside the Necromancer Arena in Umbra, etc. Back then, VmP and WAKA were always ready to rumble, unfortunately, those guilds aren't around anymore.
Ahh the good old days!

I see much has changed since my days of playing. good to see TnT still out there givin Siege some hell.

DEADLY!!!!!!! How you doing dude?!?!?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before I get to any of my points... it might help your cause if you wouldn't do things of that scale on off hours or announce it 15 minutes before hand.

Look at yesterdays fight night. It's announced the day before? And it's done at 2pm... great that you had it, but a lot of people have RL's they plan for and when large organized events pop up with little to no notice... what can anyone really do?
Granted, this past weeks Fight Night wasn't announced WAY in advance, it was announced at least a day or two before hand if you'll bother to check the date Krys posted. We had a very nice turnout.

Furthermore, in the past, we announced the free-for-all fighting outside of the GZ at least 3 days in advance, which should be more than enough time for folks to make plans with their guild to attend. In any case, even if an event is announced the same day, its still a good thing for the shard, but we do typically give people a couple days notice.

I become a little wary of the sugar coat doused over your points. TnT is completely opportunistic. I'm not saying that others are not, but I'm saying that the picture you've painted isn't as pretty as you've just tried to describe.
There was no sugar-coating in my original post, just facts and opinion. I don't recall you being there for any of the events I mentioned, so I fail to see how you can even make such a statement. You were running Sins of Heaven back during some of those events, but for whatever reason, we rarely saw you around. *shrugs*

People have no reason to be any where besides Luna or the champs in this game. There's no reasonable promise of reward for the risk we'd take... not in doom, not hunting swoops, not doing bedlam, not in much of anything anymore... is there a reason to do it.

If anyone here thinks it's practical for people to stand out in a random place for NO REASON and say "Hey come fight me!!!" 7 days a week is nuts.
Ever heard of doing something for fun? The fact is, people used to show up to fight no matter where we called it, but as of late, it seems the "win at all cost" mentality supercedes having "fun". Thats a shame... because those fights were a lot of fun.

I guess one difference is that TnT, VmP and half of WAKA weren't in factions at the time, so stat-loss wasn't a factor for most folks. The fights went on for hours and hours.

Rico's just going to post this thread to death no matter how ignorant he is to how this game works. He's in la la land... cause it's definitely not siege he describes.
This we definitely agree on.
No need to get defensive. I'm not implying that doing those kinds of events, even with no announcement in advance isn't a good thing for the shard.

You may feel a couple days is ample time for people to rearrange their RL's to show up for a UO event. I can tell you for a fact that it's not for everyone who would have otherwise come to it but didn't.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to get defensive. I'm not implying that doing those kinds of events, even with no announcement in advance isn't a good thing for the shard.

You may feel a couple days is ample time for people to rearrange their RL's to show up for a UO event. I can tell you for a fact that it's not for everyone who would have otherwise come to it but didn't.
srsly br shut up alrdy plz. u dont show up for anything. STILL