To TnT and KoC

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
i see krystal sometimes running around the woods when im stealthing around. does that count?

H

Hef

Well thats not exactly true ... we do Despise quite often ... like we are right now

S

Skwiz

skwisgar skwigel / loki.. pretty sure my stratics name was clear on who one of my chars were though.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
Hmmm.. I guess this means you're in Luna a lot, too!

Besides, you saw me and Leaf in Skara Brae recently. :lick:
Not really, it just seems whenever I see those guild tags, they are behind house walls or one of your runners checking in the bank in Luna...rarely ever anywhere else, and I do rounds around the shard almost nightly...champs, mining locations, training areas...anywhere outside of city limits people usually hang out...la

Troop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Purple shoe factory
There was like 10 of them killing me at an idoc this a.m. I can assure you that they were not hiding in a house. I collected about 12 death robes and had a great time. It was a lot of fun. :D

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Why is it most of the time I see either of your guilds...it's either in Luna or playing house tag?

Are you two major guilds that unable to play in the field?...la
Don't hate on the players... It is the game. I am not sure what happens on other shards, and I really don't give a damn. This is what is happening in Siege.

We have basically two major powers that have developed a co dependent relationship. They love to fight each other, and hate how the other fights.

They sit and plot and plan. Houses, pets, players... It is all part of the game. Bashing in the game. Sniping on this forum. I will bet many privately communicate in a cordial fashion behind the scenes... *smiles*

What will change this? Only time will tell.

This is just a personal opinion.

M

Mogluk

all I know is I try and playa non tamer and work to drop the TnT tamer Loki and he drops (some darn tamer jumed on him as he was running) and then 6 TnT come out and gank me. then hef proceeds to rez kill me :( .........

guess I need to play tamer more often........

whats Big D's template?

B

Black magick

Same game, different twist on it. As i don't rezkill needlessly or call in a gank whenever I see an unguilded name. ^^

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
Champ Spwans: ROFL...la
...?

In what way is that funny? We were blessed with instanced peerless dungeons so a raid on one of those is next to impossible (unless you HAPPEN to catch them on the way out... help stuck ftl)

but I wonder where your implications are going? Do you expect us to stand outside of covetous and hope someone will come along to that dungeon or something (even though its pointless to hunt there unless your a newbie.)

ML Artifacts don't drop at a rate any where near close enough to make hunting swoops or miasma or any of the named ML creatures worth the risk.

Doom... well that place just sucks. You can do several rounds and never get a damn thing... and we don't have suits that let us stay down there forever. You see people down there, but not often because of the way its set up.

House hiding people do because they can get away with it. The lame invisible force field placed around peoples houses cause the trammies cant take actual risk encourages people to hide in and PvP from their homes.

Then you have Ilshenar which is so damn big... hoofing it across the entire continent looking for a faction fight there is out of the question.

Guarding/Raiding the towns is semi-pointless. There's no real reward for controlling the towns and controlling the towns has no impact on the world of UO.

All things that could be improved upon which would not only open this shard up to more people... it would encourage playing this game because you'd be rewarded for doing things.

If people got decent loot more often for hunting... you would see people traveling the world way way more often.

Right now the biggest ticket items are great items off the peerless bosses (instanced dungeons... booooo,) Doom (huge pain in the butt just to even get to, let alone do long enough to make the trip worth while,) and champion spawns... which is really what most people will go after because its appropriate risk compared to the rewards.

Oh and then we also have Luna... where everyone goes for quick, cheap and easy PvP. Just like what you'd find at Yew MG on other shards.

It's really up to the Developers to enhance this shard so people are out playing more often. In terms of storyline content, worth while hunting spots and appropriate risk versus reward to the style of shard we play on.

I've said and tried to rally for people on this shard to promote enhancing monster hunting and housing since we got the ROT fix... but not until everyone realizes we do in fact need tweaks to a lot of our systems because this is siege... we're not going to see much change.

Laughing at the people for having the most fun from the options we are presented with makes you look weird.... la la

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
You spent some time on that reply. Where were we?

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
...?

In what way is that funny? We were blessed with instanced peerless dungeons so a raid on one of those is next to impossible (unless you HAPPEN to catch them on the way out... help stuck ftl)

but I wonder where your implications are going? Do you expect us to stand outside of covetous and hope someone will come along to that dungeon or something (even though its pointless to hunt there unless your a newbie.)

ML Artifacts don't drop at a rate any where near close enough to make hunting swoops or miasma or any of the named ML creatures worth the risk.

Doom... well that place just sucks. You can do several rounds and never get a damn thing... and we don't have suits that let us stay down there forever. You see people down there, but not often because of the way its set up.

House hiding people do because they can get away with it. The lame invisible force field placed around peoples houses cause the trammies cant take actual risk encourages people to hide in and PvP from their homes.

Then you have Ilshenar which is so damn big... hoofing it across the entire continent looking for a faction fight there is out of the question.

Guarding/Raiding the towns is semi-pointless. There's no real reward for controlling the towns and controlling the towns has no impact on the world of UO.

All things that could be improved upon which would not only open this shard up to more people... it would encourage playing this game because you'd be rewarded for doing things.

If people got decent loot more often for hunting... you would see people traveling the world way way more often.

Right now the biggest ticket items are great items off the peerless bosses (instanced dungeons... booooo,) Doom (huge pain in the butt just to even get to, let alone do long enough to make the trip worth while,) and champion spawns... which is really what most people will go after because its appropriate risk compared to the rewards.

Oh and then we also have Luna... where everyone goes for quick, cheap and easy PvP. Just like what you'd find at Yew MG on other shards.

It's really up to the Developers to enhance this shard so people are out playing more often. In terms of storyline content, worth while hunting spots and appropriate risk versus reward to the style of shard we play on.

I've said and tried to rally for people on this shard to promote enhancing monster hunting and housing since we got the ROT fix... but not until everyone realizes we do in fact need tweaks to a lot of our systems because this is siege... we're not going to see much change.

Laughing at the people for having the most fun from the options we are presented with makes you look weird.... la la

Nice post!

K

KVJ

Nice post!
You know...... You talk a lot of smack on these forums, but yet you cannot back it up in game... So your TNT guild suits you... Keep trying to kill me on your tamer more, your just gonna keeep onnn dieing the same way you always do. I have no respect for you, since I have never have trashed talked you or your daddy sparticus. Remember, your going to be the first person to have to wait 20 minutes when you see me on your screen. :loser:

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 5, 2008
Ala-freakin-bama
You know...... You talk a lot of smack on these forums, but yet you cannot back it up in game... So your TNT guild suits you... Keep trying to kill me on your tamer more, your just gonna keeep onnn dieing the same way you always do. I have no respect for you, since I have never have trashed talked you or your daddy sparticus. Remember, your going to be the first person to have to wait 20 minutes when you see me on your screen. :loser:
How was my above post smack talking you mental midgit? I was agreeing with Black Rain. Reading comprehension FTW. BTW, I did kill you on my tamer in the middle of 10 of your buddies. Am I bragging? Hell no, since I died about 15 seconds before you did to your sqaud. Did you go get on your tamer when you already had overwhelming odds? Yep. Do I care? Nope. You are the one who talks smack non-stop but it is nice to see that I got such a reaction out of you; you're too easy son.

Thx for the worship.

S

Skwiz

all I know is I try and playa non tamer and work to drop the TnT tamer Loki and he drops (some darn tamer jumed on him as he was running) and then 6 TnT come out and gank me. then hef proceeds to rez kill me :( .........

guess I need to play tamer more often........

whats Big D's template?
umm.. might be reading this wrong.. but i play loki and i am not a tamer.. i have three accounts and none of them have even .01 taming/lore/vet

kk sweetie?

T

Teiwaz

...?

Wow! I must say this is the best described and most calm post by you I have read to date. Kudos! :thumbup:

And no I'm not trolling, just thought Black Rain deserved recognition for it. :thumbsup:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com

So PvM is the best you can do for fun? ROFL. Let me suggest the production shards then. Might I suggest trying to play old school Siege style? Take your group out in front of wrong and post a few messages while your out there. People will show up, or will start showing up if you start going there regularly.

Just sayin...la

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
IN
I've run around Luna yelling WE ARE DOING ____________ SPAWN COME RAID US

Multiple times. No go.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
IN
It's a risk V.S reward thing sadly. I miss the days going to wrong and trash talking would cause a huge battle of 5-6 guilds. Sadly monetary gain is the biggest driving point for everyone in this game. If i'm wearing a 2m suit do you think I'm going to go out and fight 10 people dressed in GM gear? Probably not, the risk V reward is just too low.

G

Goron

Multiple times. No go.
lol, I bet this was at 9am too huh?
Winner!

Where were you last night- y'know, when people actually play?
We got bored sitting outside Brook's house killing peeps on her doorstep and did just what you claim to do- we went to despise...

Not a single k0c followed us... oh well.

I miss the days when k0c actually fought on the field- and not just outside brook's house.

I miss the days when k0c would actually flag- instead of running around saying "SoAndSo is attacking you" in an attempt to get us to flag on them so they could just run into a house when they get hurt.

I miss the days when k0c would fight, and do well, and actually continue fighting after we pull back to regroup- rather than what k0c does know which is not get out of screen's view of brooks even when they are 'winning'.

Sheesh... I hope Puffy comes back and forms a new guild... he was the only k0c with any sort of courage...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
If i'm wearing a 2m suit do you think I'm going to go out and fight 10 people dressed in GM gear? Probably not, the risk V reward is just too low.
Then instead of trying to dress as those on the production shards do, throw on a gm leather suit, and hit the field. If you lose the gear, you lose the gear. If money is no issue then feel free to wear what you want. It would warm my heart to know that 5 or 6 guilds were off in the wilds fighting each other every night, but instead, for the last 4 years or so, I've known differently. 5 or 6 guilds are usually house fighting or a combination of house and guard zone fighting in Luna.

This makes the baby jeebus cry...la

G

Goron

rico, why don't you come out ont he field and show us how its done?
Join a guild and fight. Convince us to go out with you...
or, start your own guild.

I mean, obviously you are probably the best pvper on the shard hands down no question about it 100% absolutely. Thats why you can rightfully make 20 posts a day talking about how everyone else is a wimp pvper... right?

M

Mogluk

oh my apologies..... when you dropped I saw normal tamer wear I am sorry..... My personal fav is when you tell me to leave you alone.....no offense to you but its so lame when reds kill blues outside of town can the blues beg for people to leave them alone? If your red don't expect any niceness from me.....I have played longer than most of youa have been on the shard......if your red might as well paint a target on your arse.....and no I have no intention of playing a tamer (although Iwould be interested to know Big D's template so I can plan for it.)

M

Mogluk

Multiple times. No go.
Speedy..... I don't raid.... I have some new guildies in the new house that we might RP a raid but beyond that we don't PK/Raid.....and I don't need scrolls....

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
I mean, obviously you are probably the best pvper on the shard hands down no question about it 100% absolutely.
Please provide a link to where I have ever implied that? I make these posts for the shard...sorry if that point flew over your head. I have actively recruited for Siege for years. Why? Because I love the opportunities it allows for players to come make a new start or to be able to play a shard as close to the way it used to be played as current mechanics allow.

The majority of my PvP is as a thief. When I started on Siege, I could field steal all night every night outside of wrong. I could hang out in the towns and steal from other players, and not have to rely on a single town for this type of interaction.

I would love to see things get away from hiding in houses. 6 years ago, TnT and KoC would have been laughed off the shard for your style of play today. Everytime I stroll by your guilds inside opposing houses, I am reminded how the shard used to be, and how sad it is that there are so many that have transfered from the production shards and brought their trammel play style with them...la

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Stonehaven
siegeperilous.net
Please provide a link to where I have ever implied that? I make these posts for the shard...sorry if that point flew over your head. I have actively recruited for Siege for years. Why? Because I love the opportunities it allows for players to come make a new start or to be able to play a shard as close to the way it used to be played as current mechanics allow.

The majority of my PvP is as a thief. When I started on Siege, I could field steal all night every night outside of wrong. I could hang out in the towns and steal from other players, and not have to rely on a single town for this type of interaction.

I would love to see things get away from hiding in houses. 6 years ago, TnT and KoC would have been laughed off the shard for your style of play today. Everytime I stroll by your guilds inside opposing houses, I am reminded how the shard used to be, and how sad it is that there are so many that have transfered from the production shards and brought their trammel play style with them...la
It's funny to watch you attempt to speak with some sort of authority while you are clueless about what went on while you were not playing on this shard at all.

Up until about a year ago, TnT/MYTH almost NEVER fought in Luna. In fact most of us rarely went there. We did our best, even as a new guild, to call fights well outside the guardzone for a little fun, KNOWING full well we'd get our butts handed to us by the bigger guilds and better, more experienced PvPers. Did that stop us? No... We called fights at Spirituality, Wrong Arena, Stonehaven, inside the Necromancer Arena in Umbra, etc. Back then, VmP and WAKA were always ready to rumble, unfortunately, those guilds aren't around anymore.

The fact is, when we were new, people would show up and fight because most of them knew we weren't much of a match for them, which was fine, but all that changed once we got scrolled up and better equipped to fight. The last couple of times we announced such fights, the only people that had the nerve to show up were a couple guildless folks looking to have some fun. The bigger guilds were no shows, despite announcements that were made several days prior. Sadly, most of the guilds today won't show up to fight ANYWHERE, including Luna, unless they feel they have the upper hand.

Maybe we'll try it again sometime, but it gets old organizing such things only to be let down when no one shows up.

King Edward

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 2, 2008
I did nothing but support this guy in the alliance. Both in the vent channel against other members, and on the field. I helped him with any items he may have needed (like alot of 1/3's) and stood buy his side till he left at the end.

Now he does nothing but talk smack to me and throw hate my way.

You should have heard the countless nights of hate against KOC. How they ripped him off over this or that or how 2 faced they are. How he'd NEVER EVER join them or help them...

2 days after leaving the JSV alliance he was allied to KOC. Very funny stuff.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
IN
lol, I bet this was at 9am too huh?
Winner!

Where were you last night- y'know, when people actually play?
We got bored sitting outside Brook's house killing peeps on her doorstep and did just what you claim to do- we went to despise...

Not a single k0c followed us... oh well.

I miss the days when k0c actually fought on the field- and not just outside brook's house.

I miss the days when k0c would actually flag- instead of running around saying "SoAndSo is attacking you" in an attempt to get us to flag on them so they could just run into a house when they get hurt.

I miss the days when k0c would fight, and do well, and actually continue fighting after we pull back to regroup- rather than what k0c does know which is not get out of screen's view of brooks even when they are 'winning'.

Sheesh... I hope Puffy comes back and forms a new guild... he was the only k0c with any sort of courage...

Actually I was at camp Attebury, Indiana qualifying with my weapon and doing road marches so I can be better prepared for my deployment. You're welcome.

King Edward

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 2, 2008
Forgot to mention that I worked his brothers account to finished status and got him uber pets. Countlove is a honest guy whom I cared deeply for. Saddens me that he followed his brother down the path of no return.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
I suppose the final straw was when ORC left for good. You could always count on a few gruntees hanging around the fort every night. If things got crazy they would calling in some UND to help. Hell, I could always count on some practice for my disarmer when they were around. We could play hunt the thief for hours. I'd stealth around the fort without actually leaving the area. If I was caught...we'd have some fun, I'd die, and then go re-equip to return and try and steal the items that had been looted. No reward except fun game play for me, and the gruntees were able to work their hunting skills...la

G

Goron

I suppose the final straw was when ORC left for good. You could always count on a few gruntees hanging around the fort every night. If things got crazy they would calling in some UND to help. Hell, I could always count on some practice for my disarmer when they were around. We could play hunt the thief for hours. I'd stealth around the fort without actually leaving the area. If I was caught...we'd have some fun, I'd die, and then go re-equip to return and try and steal the items that had been looted. No reward except fun game play for me, and the gruntees were able to work their hunting skills...la
well, theres your first problem... dying for the 'weak pvpers of today' (according to you) means 20 minutes of stat and a boat load of re-equiping...

I'm still waiting to see you on the field of pvp backing up your talk. Its easy to accuse others of house hiding when you are hidden in a GZ naked...

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
IN
Let me publically say I wasn't trying to make Goron look like an ass with that comment. It's just that after you qualify with a handful of weapons systems literally DOZENS of times and do a Humvee driving course god knows how many, leaving for a weekend to do these things becomes a big annoyance. Anyone who is in the military knows exactly what I am talking about.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
I'm still waiting to see you on the field of pvp backing up your talk.
Maybe if you were in the field more, I could. I don't do champ spawns...sorry...too trammy for me. Let me know where you will be tonight and I'll stop by and steal something from you, unless of course you only keep your pack stocked with aids, pots, and apples...la

G

Goron

Maybe if you were in the field more, I could. I don't do champ spawns...sorry...too trammy for me. Let me know where you will be tonight and I'll stop by and steal something from you, unless of course you only keep your pack stocked with aids, pots, and apples...la
lol... I think you misunderstood me...
But at the same time you are enforcing my point.

You are like a naked blue tamer. You can sit around and try and kill reds with nothing to lose, but everything to gain. You get a lucky kill and might loot some goodies. But when you die you lose nothing.

For you, its run around naked trying to steal or loot stuff. When you die, you lose nothing. So you feel like you have the authority to accuse other people of being afraid to die... but what you don't understand is dying as someone that actually carries gear & faces stat is different than dying as a naked thief.

You need to try pvping. Get out on the field and fight. Experience stat a few times. Get dry looted. Then come here and talk about pvp. Until then, try and stick to talking about stealing from crates? k?

T

Ton80

Up until about a year ago, TnT/MYTH almost NEVER fought in Luna. In fact most of us rarely went there. We did our best, even as a new guild, to call fights well outside the guardzone for a little fun, KNOWING full well we'd get our butts handed to us by the bigger guilds and better, more experienced PvPers. Did that stop us? No... We called fights at Spirituality, Wrong Arena, Stonehaven, inside the Necromancer Arena in Umbra, etc. Back then, VmP and WAKA were always ready to rumble, unfortunately, those guilds aren't around anymore.
Ahh the good old days!

I see much has changed since my days of playing. good to see TnT still out there givin Siege some hell.