• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To Arms!

S

Skroof

RTLFC

Well , on GL skara is untakable, i watched people fight back the gate spawn for hours just to see it all respawn the minute they got a screen away from the gate. Aside from the mass introduction of nukes into uo , I don't see how GL can re-take Skara atm. lol

I

imported_Exe_

A few of us are still here on GL Skara Isle whackin away!
Come and give us a hand.

B

Bloodstaind

Read my post 3 or so up .. My mind is wore out from trying to take that Gate .. its insane

I

imported_Zoe

You could always do what I did today, go out and buy a new game and bide your time with it until you've decided whether you want to play the goldsink game again. Hell, my house hasn't been this clean for weeks. There's no way I'm wasting my time even TRYING to play against those odds.

I

imported_AustinRules

Maybe it is the devs way of saying we are going to lose this war unless we find the "scion" and get it to the ophidians.

B

Brothers_Grog

"You can't let people get used to that and suddenly take them away like this! Okay, it's not permenant, but in the meantime, it's damaging. It's making people feel betrayed. Please, stop this maddness! "

I am going to get philosophical about this invasion. We have played for several years and have collected and earned a great many things. We might lose some of it. Perhaps all of it.

Eventually the game will end for me, whether I quit or hang in for however long UO keeps going. But in the end I will lose everything.

But one thing losing things in this invasion has made me think of. All over the world people daily lose things and even lives. We are only at risk of losing things that we will one day lose anyway.

We in America have become too complacent with our good lives. Perhaps UO can now be a tiny reminder of what too many go through in real life.

The worst that can happen to me in UO is I lose everything I have. But *I* can get a rez and start over. I may be upset for a bit but I will keep on keeping on.

Have fun.

I

imported_Zoe

Great if that's your CHOICE.

Don't forget that many players have posted over and over that the only thing that holds them here are the memories of good times with friends that have long departed and the stuff they've collected or are keeping in the hope that SOME of their friends may eventually come back, all to postpone leaving a game that had become their virtual home. Take away the stuff that made that place home and suddenly only the memories remain. For most, $10-15/mo would at that point become an unnecessary expense. Perhaps that's alright with you, but the less subscribers UO has, the greater it's danger.

All those of us who don't pay to play UO as fighters are asking for, is a short login notice as to which towns are under siege and if need be, an auto teleport to a safe login location, just like they did for the Britain invasion. Then it's the player's CHOICE as to whether they want to play goldsink or just log off until the fighter's are bored again and the devs turn off the spawners.

G

How do you hold them back..we cleared out one island in vesper only to find them respawning behind us. On legends there is nothing in skara on either facet, so is there an order to which you have to clear the towns ?

L

luners

Too many ophidians.
Too many.

This event sucks when it became what it is.
Is it ok that too many and very powerful(more powerful than power scroll bosses) monsters are released in the game?
I can't understand why English players enjoy this event.
Childish, cursory and thoughtless event.

G

A group of us tonight cleared out some of serps hold by fire entrance and we got ourselves a nice little gift for the effort we put in!

It was great fun and I swear there was generals out the wazoo!! Thanks to all of those on Chessy that came out to help us tonight!!

W

WrenSharpbeak

<blockquote><hr>

My mind is wore out from trying to take that Gate .. its insane

[/ QUOTE ]
You and me both. I've had about all of this i can handle. It's hard enough getting an area cleared, then moving on as we've been told we should, only to have a massive respawn happen and kill everyone.

Of course, now that it's moved over to Felucca, my husband is giggling his ghostly head off watching all the PvPers run for cover from the spawn. I guess that's what they get for trying to lure people over there earlier to kill them under the pretense of needing help. As far as I am concerned, they're on their own.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You could always do what I did today, go out and buy a new game and bide your time with it until you've decided whether you want to play the goldsink game again. Hell, my house hasn't been this clean for weeks. There's no way I'm wasting my time even TRYING to play against those odds.

[/ QUOTE ]That's why I've been playing Dungeon Siege 2 all weekend. The only time I signed in to UO so far was to let my 'peace self' macro run in my house for a couple hours, while I read a book.

The Solen invasion was the best I've seen ever. Great story, new dungeon, new quests, a large spawn, but not ridiculous like this one.

I

imported_Zoe

LOL, I'm enjoying some turn-based rpgs, with lots of exploring, treasure chests, and yes even some stealing off monsters, for a change.

The closest I've come to UO for a day or so now, is to log in on my most useless character on one of my storage accounts, just to go see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say, all I saw was grey. Wasn't very attractive or fun, IMO.

L

LS Player

Im threw with this event.I made close to 35 mill off cursed arties,and all these soon new dust covered weapon.

No matter how many people/how much you kill its going to keep respawning over and over again.

Anyone else notice from the begining of all of this inu.Its just a bunch of dead ends.Till the next weekend?

Ive gotten bored fighting speedhacking snakes.Ive killed enough!!As ive stated before even for the gold,most recruits give more then the generals do.Lately when i see a general i just run off.Cause its just a waste of 5-10 min of my time.

But good luck to the rest of ya.

G

I'm afraid I'm out too. Just too many. The spawn is nuts! Too many, too fast and killing them does no good. We arent getting anywhere. So devs, please just end this madness. We're tired of it already. Theres no point to it.

Killing the ophidians has nothing to so with the rest of the Inu quest except that some thief stole something from them and we want said theif to open a door for us. Can we just get on with it please?

S

Skroof

RTLFC

Don't get me wrong in my earlier post. I think this invasion is a riot, it would just be nice if we accually had a prayer of beating back the spawn. after spending the better part of the evening trying and watching and then finally just getting a ghost character and watching this thing in skara brea... all I can say is this is compleatly futile...

Then again, mabey it's suposed to be futile, mabey we are supposed to lose. Who knows what the devs have up their sleeves? At any rate I think its a blast! this is ten times worse than the Trinsic Invasion way back when. The only thing that was better about it vs this is that you couldnt lure people into moongates to fel to get ganked, because it was all fel then and dorks that did that kind of crap didnt last long in the pvp arena, cause someone would eventually get sick of their crap and kill them repeatedly lol.

I still take my hat off to the devs on this one, its a blast. It wont last forever, so those of you who dont like it, just sit tight and it will be over before you know it. Those of you who do like it, hey have fun. Things like this make great stories years later to tell new players who can't imagin what it could have been like :p

B

Bengedo

Quick Note

Please dont spawn the chest to LP in vespers bank rooms.I gotten lock in until the chest had to disapear.Glad it wasn't any spawn or nothing just couldnt get out recall or teleport on a warrior.

L

Lord Undead Soul

<blockquote><hr>

the Ophidians have found a moongate exploited it

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG BANHAMMER!!!!

A

Africanus

Omg, let me cry a river for all the folks complaining. It's a little bit of adversity and they cry like its the end of the game. This is a great invasion and the odds should be overwhelming. I like it that way, there will be a way people just have a little patience.

G

As my skeleton sitting on the moongate itself can attest, the attack on Legends has reached Skara Brae. It's an ugly, ugly place to try to break in if you only have a few people - there's not enough space to really isolate a general. I think the ophidians are better at fighting in groups than I am.

G

RTLFC Skara on Catskills is overrun. We fought for hours and there is still a brave band fighting there now but we aren't making much progress. Two steps foward and pushed back ten.

I just want to be absolutely sure I understand the order, we have to take back Skara, then Serpents, then Vesper, then Papua? Is that right? Right now everyone is spread around the various towns. If so, I'll help spread the word on Cats to focus that way...........

There has to be SOME way to defeat this right???? Please?

A

Apocalyptica

RTLFC

Remembering what Inu said about we wake up one morning and not recognize the world we are living in...will our current UO (client, graphics) be destroyed in this war so that we get a new client? Mhh, my mind boggles. All I know in the moment that this is really really hard, lol

G

The trick is to kill the damn ophidian healers

They can cast through walls and seem to have about a 20 - 30 tile radius and you will notice cause you'll see their life going back up despite you rall out attack on them...

Once i took out the area healers i made some progress and all i had to watch then besides my beetle, myself, my guildmate, the otheres in the area i was throwing heals to was to watch for a new ophidian healer to spawn because if he spawned in and wasn't destroyed all progress would be lost in seconds...

S

smg6228

Yes, the healers are incredibly frustrating. Last night, as part of a trio, we knocked an Enforcer General down to the point where he was running scared when suddenly, and without warning, he was back at full health. Ugh, there goes ten minutes of pointlessness.

G

Despite the nay sayers out there this invasion is great.....gives people something other to do then spawns plus it's actually interactgive so if you don't fight then the shard get's taken over but if you fight and take back the towns you can rid the shard of the invasion....

Bout time we had something like this again, and i seems more organized then the old brit invasion.....plus with the arit drops and espically the cursed doom arti drops, it makes for something worthwhile to shoot for. Only thing i would have a chagne to would be to have the possiblity of a cursed arti from the generals in addition to the berzerkers. Alot smaller chance from the generals but a chance none the less......

Tonite i'm going to help take back skara.....but i'm wondering if you clear skara brae and then wait a day to take serps, does the spawn remerge back in skara cuase you didn't continously push ?

G

Draconi:
<blockquote><hr>

As best we can tell, even if you defeat the Ophidians at a moongate, reinforcements will quickly arrive from Skara Brae from Felucca or Trammel (whichever has advanced to the final stage for the city).

The best course of action seems to be pushing back the spawn in Skara Brae around the moongate on both sides. If that's clear, the moongate spawn can be defeated readily.

Otherwise, the Ophidians seem to just be reinforcing the line from the rear. So even if you attack a middle portion, the front or back will reinforce it. It *must* be attacked head on at the front line.

[/ QUOTE ]
From this posted in another thread it appears that both facets have to be cleared ie Skara Tram and Fel?

If this is the case then we may as well stop fighting now. We have killed the spawn in skara trammel umpteen times, cleared the gate, cleared the town, cleared the island, crossed to the mainland, killed whatever was there only to have it all respawn 15-20 mins later. If reinforcemnts are coming in via skara fel, and we need to clear that simultaneously, FORGET IT.

All that is happening in fel is the pk'ers are killing anyone attempting to clear the spawn, it is a total waste of time even bothering with it. The spawn is hard enough to kill without being 'ganked' by people whose only aim is to get cheap insurance off other people.

Could we please have some clarification as to whether this is the case? If it is then I think you will just lose a lot of players who have been working hard to 'save' the towns. Most of us are not prepared to die over and over to people who have no interest in the scenario but only in griefing and smacktalking those that are. And no, I understand that pk'ers and pvp'ers don't need to play nice in fel, it is their world, but I surely hope that the rest of this scenario is not tied to completing a spawn clearing there.

If clearing 'both' facets is a requirement for this 'war' then we just lost it, and what could of been a great scenario will just be another brit invasion that people just got sick of. There has to be the 'potential' to defeat the enemy, if both facets need clearing for it to progress then I don't see any 'potential', sorry.

I for one will be totally disappointed if this is the case.

MissE

G

Well they only seem to be on the tram side on legends, but you do get that "unable to teleport" message when you try to recall out or in o the fel side in skara

One would hope that defeating the enemies in the towns on the tram side would be enough, because if you have to defeat both tram and fel skara and continue on, it will be just as well to turn off this invasion now..

However, if one facet does not effect the other, and if by clearing out skara tram you only effect the tram side of the invasion then that's a different story.....

Yes, clarification is indeed needed

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

As General of my Army on Siege,

i shall do all in my power to slay every city defender that i see, to allow these beasts to march across the land and plunge all into darkness

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG...I just had the FUNNIEST Thought!!

Siege is unable to clear even one town, because of the Ophid Invaders, and every defender being PKed before they can gain a foothold...

So...Siege is completely overrun...only Ophid Avenger Generals spawn...everywhere...and I mean EVERYWHERE.

Absolute PvM Domination of Siege by Ophid Avenger Generals. The Generals are programmed to Dry Loot and Smack Talk every single player they kill...every single one of em...

Doom...full of Ophid Avenger Generals...all of the overland...everywhere...every single town is STUFFED with em...nothing but Ophid Avenger Generals...too funny would that be!!

Hey...a person can Dream, can't they?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I was expecting to see a couple dozen, perhaps, but what I saw what HUNDREDS. I know that Wilki stated he doesn't agree with recall and gate travel etc, but seriously, think about this for a moment please! For years people have gotten acustomed to recalling and gating. You can't let people get used to that and suddenly take them away like this! Okay, it's not permenant, but in the meantime, it's damaging. It's making people feel betrayed. Please, stop this maddness!

[/ QUOTE ]

I died at that gate to the hundreds of Ophids on Pac. Le Major Gankage, to be sure.

Not be kept down, we organized a 5 person party that cleared all Ophids from the South and West, whilst a brave party cleared from Vesper to the Minoc gate, from the South and East...and we cleared all to the north, freeing the gate.

Thank God I had Honor on my character...It felt dang good to clear all those bastages from the Gate!!

When I gated in, it was just like being in Fel in the old days!! 100 Blood Thirsty PKs just a waitin'...

Good Times...Good Times...

X

Xantech

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, the healers are incredibly frustrating. Last night, as part of a trio, we knocked an Enforcer General down to the point where he was running scared when suddenly, and without warning, he was back at full health. Ugh, there goes ten minutes of pointlessness.

[/ QUOTE ]

The spell casting generals are a little rough too...Redlined one only to have it chain heal itself each time it got close to zero--seems I couldn't quite do enough damage to kill it before it healed itself again...oh joy.

Nothing spells happiness more than 5, 7, 10, 22, 5, 5, 9... flashing above a general's head...

--X

S

smg6228

Yes, right now Mortal is your best friend against those guys. Soloing a Brood Queen is nigh impossible without it.

S

Sarenbou

I wish the ophidians would pull from Vesper and Hit cove already..

B

Black Sabbath

I wish they would show us an end to it, or a way to the end. Like an announcement, " We are spawning 2,331,986 ophidians, and no more. Only when they are all hunted down and killed can we progress "

At least that way we know there is a finite number, and that WE control the future, either by our actions or inactions.

I

imported_AustinRules

Not only is it overwhelming but after days of beating on generals it is getting boring. You have to spend 5-10 mins on each or maybe slightly less with 2 or 3 warriors pounding on him. But this latest invasion update we have many more generals....more of the boring pounding. There is no end in sight, you can push them back but they respawn. Now we see ideas that you have to tackle them in Fel also. For several days last week we had dozens of warriors in Vesper fighting, thinking what they were doing had some meaning. Now I go to Skara and am lucky to see a couple. The invasion has been going on forever...time for it to end....and only the devs can do that since it is impossible for us.

Why do these invasions always end so blaaa?? They just go on and on and on... They are so frustrating. Our shard EM has had invasions, with a beginning and some idea on how to end it. Why is it our idea of an invasion is so different that the devs? I want an invasion, not just a spawn plopped down on our territory to work for days. That is okay, but it's not an invasion.

Time to go back to pvp, at least there I know whether I win or lose....and I can REALLY effect the outcome.

X

Xantech

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]That's why I've been playing Dungeon Siege 2 all weekend. The only time I signed in to UO so far was to let my 'peace self' macro run in my house for a couple hours, while I read a book.

The Solen invasion was the best I've seen ever. Great story, new dungeon, new quests, a large spawn, but not ridiculous like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I got pulled into jail and got the warning letter for being unattended doing what you were doing (last Sat.) only difference (ok maybe big difference) was that I was catching up on my stratics reading and didn't notice the GM talking to me until "Last chance....disconnected..." A very sad day for me to say the least.

--X

X

Xantech

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, right now Mortal is your best friend against those guys. Soloing a Brood Queen is nigh impossible without it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll ask my pet to try to mortal strike more
, I guess I should have gone for that weapon skill on my tamer/bard...oh wait, no room...

--X

M

M.Binkley

<blockquote><hr>

Not only is it overwhelming but after days of beating on generals it is getting boring. You have to spend 5-10 mins on each or maybe slightly less with 2 or 3 warriors pounding on him. But this latest invasion update we have many more generals....more of the boring pounding. There is no end in sight, you can push them back but they respawn. Now we see ideas that you have to tackle them in Fel also. For several days last week we had dozens of warriors in Vesper fighting, thinking what they were doing had some meaning. Now I go to Skara and am lucky to see a couple. The invasion has been going on forever...time for it to end....and only the devs can do that since it is impossible for us.

Why do these invasions always end so blaaa?? They just go on and on and on... They are so frustrating. Our shard EM has had invasions, with a beginning and some idea on how to end it. Why is it our idea of an invasion is so different that the devs? I want an invasion, not just a spawn plopped down on our territory to work for days. That is okay, but it's not an invasion.

Time to go back to pvp, at least there I know whether I win or lose....and I can REALLY effect the outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree with this more. As a note to the devs, what you need to consider in this is to come up with some element of strategy, beyond Kill everything in this area and then this area, etc.

For example, GENERALS should be responsible for spawning lower creatures, so once you kill the GENERAL of a particular type, no NEW monsters of that type should spawn. Maybe there is a central creature and evoker or something that resides in the center of town that is slowly spawning generals, so the goal is to eliminate enough of the spawn to get to this big boss to stop the generals from being spawned. Without a strategy to it, it just feels like boring pounding.

Second, if you did truly make the control of this invasion dependent upon sending people into fel... well, it's done. There really is no point in continuing, because not enough people will venture there to control the spawn and that is just a reality that the devs are going to have to deal with. The VAST majority of people who play this game do not like non-consensual pvp and that isn't going to change no matter what carrot you dangle in front of them. I find pvp in this game rather silly and boring, but am willing to deal with it as part if necessary, but most won't and the devs really need to come to terms with that.

B

Black Sabbath

Amen. The last time we went to fel, a red attacked my wife and killed her. I was offscreen at our old homeplace, and went running to help. When I saw the red come onscreen, i started to cast, before the first spell was cast, i was dead. Archer, one hit. So we said screw it, thats not the way it should be, nor is that the way it USED to be.
Until they can make a pvp fight last longer than 2 secs, i wont be doing it anymore.

O

Oceania Big Fish

From reading several of the posts to this and other Invasion related threads, seems to me we have a different spawn set-up on Oceania.

Ok, we just had our daily server mtce, so I checked ALL the moongates in both Tram and Fel...this is what we have at moongates and elsewhere on Oceania right now:

Trammel....
Moonglow, Britain, Jhelom, Yew, Minoc, Skara Brae, Haven - Zero Spawn.
Trinsic &amp; Magincia moongates do have some spawn, perhaps 20 Ophids at each gate total.

Felucca...
Moonglow, Minoc &amp; Buc's Den - Zero Spawn.
Britain, Jhelom, Yew, Trinsic &amp; Magincia have spawn, similar numbers as the two Tram gates mentioned.
Skara Brae Fel is totally over-run, the Gate, the town, the mainland also has substantial numbers.

Serp's Hold, Vesper and Papua on the Tram side are over-run, didn't check Fel, but it's probably safe to assume the same thing there.

So, this remains exactly the same pattern as it was yesterday, we have no Major invasion at Skara Brae Tram that many of you are talking about, just the two small spawns at Trinsic and Magincia, which are relatively easily wiped out by a couple of warriors.
What will happen, if it holds true to that way it's been since the publish, is that once the Ophids at the two Tram gates are knocked over, there will be another spawning at other Tram gates, including Skara of 20 or so Ophids...in about 30 minutes. Then, unless something changes, it will be rinse and repeat all day again. Which seems pretty pointless to me.

So, the question here is, similar to MissEcho's point...does the fel spawn at Skara need to be taken out before we get any change to the way things are in Tram atm? Or will we, at some point see an Invasion at Skara Tram similar to the one in Fel , as appears to be the case on other shards.

Or ..is it that the way the spawn's working on Oceania is not as it should be?
Clarification from Draconius on this would be very helpful, because much as I like the entire scenerio and congratulate the devs for coming up with it, it does get pretty "samey" just clearing moongates, doing something else for 30 mins or so, then repeating the exercise.

And, believe me, there's no way we have the shard population to take the Skara Fel spawn out, even without the griefers making it even harder, you're pretty much dead as soon as you step out of the moongate!

I don't suppose, just because we're in the Southern Hemisphere here on Oceania, that the spawn and/or you, Draconi, got the facets upside down, lol!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Amen. The last time we went to fel, a red attacked my wife and killed her. I was offscreen at our old homeplace, and went running to help. When I saw the red come onscreen, i started to cast, before the first spell was cast, i was dead. Archer, one hit. So we said screw it, thats not the way it should be, nor is that the way it USED to be.
Until they can make a pvp fight last longer than 2 secs, i wont be doing it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long ago was this as no archer cna even come close to 1 hit kill you anymore. Maybe you should give it a try again.

G

Yeah i play two archers one of which is PvP and the max i hit is about 35. Nothing is a one hit kill now. Maybe the ophids attacked you at the same time? that wouldnt surprise me.

G

You're assuming that there isn't an element of strategy already there. Some of us are starting to notice interesting patterns in the way the battlefield behaves.

(of course, we may have been just staring at ink blots and clouds too long and just started imagining things)

S

smg6228

Is that like the strategy where I visited Skara Brae yesterday to only find that EVERY SINGLE OPHIDIAN that I saw was a general? Taking on three Avenger Generals at once is pointless without an army at your back.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Draconi:
<blockquote><hr>

As best we can tell, even if you defeat the Ophidians at a moongate, reinforcements will quickly arrive from Skara Brae from Felucca or Trammel (whichever has advanced to the final stage for the city).

The best course of action seems to be pushing back the spawn in Skara Brae around the moongate on both sides. If that's clear, the moongate spawn can be defeated readily.

Otherwise, the Ophidians seem to just be reinforcing the line from the rear. So even if you attack a middle portion, the front or back will reinforce it. It *must* be attacked head on at the front line.

[/ QUOTE ]
From this posted in another thread it appears that both facets have to be cleared ie Skara Tram and Fel?

If this is the case then we may as well stop fighting now. We have killed the spawn in skara trammel umpteen times, cleared the gate, cleared the town, cleared the island, crossed to the mainland, killed whatever was there only to have it all respawn 15-20 mins later. If reinforcemnts are coming in via skara fel, and we need to clear that simultaneously, FORGET IT.

All that is happening in fel is the pk'ers are killing anyone attempting to clear the spawn, it is a total waste of time even bothering with it. The spawn is hard enough to kill without being 'ganked' by people whose only aim is to get cheap insurance off other people.

Could we please have some clarification as to whether this is the case? If it is then I think you will just lose a lot of players who have been working hard to 'save' the towns. Most of us are not prepared to die over and over to people who have no interest in the scenario but only in griefing and smacktalking those that are. And no, I understand that pk'ers and pvp'ers don't need to play nice in fel, it is their world, but I surely hope that the rest of this scenario is not tied to completing a spawn clearing there.

If clearing 'both' facets is a requirement for this 'war' then we just lost it, and what could of been a great scenario will just be another brit invasion that people just got sick of. There has to be the 'potential' to defeat the enemy, if both facets need clearing for it to progress then I don't see any 'potential', sorry.

I for one will be totally disappointed if this is the case.

MissE

[/ QUOTE ]

I was having the same problem yesterday. I tried to work the fel side and some red came in from behind and 2 hit killed me with a bow. Honestly, the first hit probably would have killed me because it took most of my health and lethal poisoned me, but he did shoot me twice. It is a bad idea to force players to go to fel to complete a storyline because too many people in fel cheat. Also, it's a LOT easier to kill a player that is killing spawns than it is to just kill a player. There wasn't anything I could have done about the guy that ganked me. He had a guarunteed kill... I was on a tamer and my pet was fighting a general. I mean what could I have done? run away? hard to do that when you're dead in 2 seconds... First shot all but killed me... 2nd shot killed me while I was trying to cure myself.

Until pvp is balanced, scenario content should not force you to go to fel.

If I was trying to prevent people from completing this scenario I am very confident that I could kill as many as 10 people at once while they are fighting off invasion spawns... it's like taking candy from a baby. Especially when the target is a PVE character.

I'm still going to continue doing the invasion, though. I've found that it's pretty fun to do on a tamer, and I have wanted to do something fun on my tamer for a long time. I don't care so much about the loot... I'm not really getting anything worth having and I continue to do it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was having the same problem yesterday. I tried to work the fel side and some red came in from behind and 2 hit killed me with a bow. Honestly, the first hit probably would have killed me because it took most of my health and lethal poisoned me, but he did shoot me twice. It is a bad idea to force players to go to fel to complete a storyline because too many people in fel cheat. Also, it's a LOT easier to kill a player that is killing spawns than it is to just kill a player. There wasn't anything I could have done about the guy that ganked me. He had a guarunteed kill... I was on a tamer and my pet was fighting a general. I mean what could I have done? run away? hard to do that when you're dead in 2 seconds... First shot all but killed me... 2nd shot killed me while I was trying to cure myself.

Until pvp is balanced, scenario content should not force you to go to fel.

If I was trying to prevent people from completing this scenario I am very confident that I could kill as many as 10 people at once while they are fighting off invasion spawns... it's like taking candy from a baby. Especially when the target is a PVE character.

I'm still going to continue doing the invasion, though. I've found that it's pretty fun to do on a tamer, and I have wanted to do something fun on my tamer for a long time. I don't care so much about the loot... I'm not really getting anything worth having and I continue to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your resist because they never hit me like that at all, 35 is the max i ever get hit, enless he death struck ya. You must have no resist on yout armour and also no resisting spells, becasue even with GM resist spells you get 40 of each resist.

Also you prob ran into a ninja archer who threw a dart or whatever they are that can Dp , then he deathstruck ya, and ai ya. With no resist that prob would drop ya fast if you after after the deathstrike.

PvP is pretty balanced skill wise(besides evasion/nerve strike) when you have 55-60 in all resist.

D

DraztikMethodz

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm maybe my char is better then I thought since I solo these with complete ease, no healing required, and haven't used mortal once. Hell I've solo these and various generals at once with no healing also... though I can't do that with a knight errant general, avenger general, or beserker... they still hit way to hard ( not that thats a bad thing, I need some excitement)... though i will admit they do take quite a bit of time to solo... bout 15-20 min per... think I need to buy a second soul seeker so I make less repair trips

K

Kaeros

My only complaint with the current invasion and other invasions is that they don't implement some kind of 1 minute invulnerability buffer upon first login of the day. Maybe make it so they can turn it on during invasions, but off other times or something.

My girlfriend and I haven't played much lately, but wanted to after reading about the invasion. I was cautious and hopped on a newbie on a house holding account I barely use, went to Skara as that's where we tend to alays log out.

Look at the tavern, and it's infested. So basically the majority of my characters are currently completely useless. I have no idea what they have in their packs which would be lost if I logged in. Logging in means certain instant death. Corpse recovery being near impossible. I was able to get on character out because he was my samurai, and I died while running out, but was able to get back to body because of Honor. Other characters don't have that ability.

I just wish there was some kind of 1 minute invulnerability on the first log in of the day. Log in...ooh there's lot's of monsters here to kill me *recalls away*. Just have to wait until someone clears out Skara so we cvan use our characters again.

Invasion looks like fun, just wish I could log in my characters to take part :-(