• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To Arms!

G

As of this morning, multiple shards are reporting that the Ophidians have breached the protection fields surrounding moongates in Trammel and Felucca. My friends, our worst fears have been realized: the Ophidians have found a moongate and exploited it to their advantage.

Our best intelligence indicates that the Ophidians pulled back their forces a few days ago for a short regroup. After which, they began marching at a fair pace, through Papua, conquering each part of the city as the day progressed.

Vesper was next, as they entered through the tunnel to the Lost Lands in the graveyard, and then spread south to the island chain that forms the city. Once they crossed over the first bridge, they began moving in a easternly and northeasternly direction, island hopping until they captured even the smallest island east of the bank.

After securing Vesper, the Ophidians were sighted at the Fire dungeon entrance at Serpent's Hold, pushing easterwards and then south through the city.

Unbelieveably, Skara Brae was next. We can only assume that the Ophidians took advantage of the ocean currents from Serpent's Hold and somehow landed upon the beach southeast of Skara Brae, on the mainland. Since then, they've proceeded north through the city, finally stumbling across a moongate. We can only thank our worn out luck that they never found the one near Minoc, or they wouldn't have been so strung out and weak.

---

Friends, Britannians, Countrymen! We need your help to push them back. Forces in both Felucca and Trammel threaten our homeland; the cursed snakes are on our beloved plains. Our warriors have tried to destroy the invading parties at each gate to no avail. It would seem that they're receiving support from Skara Brae, on at least one of the facets.

In order to push them back, we must cleanse Skara Brae, starting at the moongate, and work southwards! Only then can we go on to claim victory in Serpent's Hold, Vesper, and hopefully Papua.

I urge you to stand together in this time of turmoil.

K

kennykilleduo

I think it would be great to have ALL guilds and players from all shards meet up Sometime tonight and destroy the ophids..
Draconi , you and your team members deserve an academy , emmy or whatever awards for your work and storyline in the last few months , Its truly refreshing to see this work done, Huge kudo's..Its been great fun( wife dont like me right now tho)...

p.s. can we request a sticky on this , please

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

LETS DO THIS! TO ARMS! GRRRRR!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You first! Just kidding.
Off to battle we go.....

F

Fez of Pacific

Hmmm, guess the Ophidians on Pacific don't care about Skara Brae? Nothing here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*checks field reports*

Pacific... They've just landed in Serpent's Hold!

You still may have a chance to cut them off!

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Vesper was next, as they entered through the tunnel to the Lost Lands in the graveyard, and then spread southwest to the island chain that forms the city. Once they crossed over the first bridge, they began moving in a southeasternly direction.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhh the graveyard is west of Vesper city right, with the bridges to the northeast and southeast. Or is there some graveyard to the northeast of town I didn't know about?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Uhh the graveyard is west of Vesper city right, with the bridges to the northeast and southeast. Or is there some graveyard to the northeast of town I didn't know about?

[/ QUOTE ]
Flawed intelligence! I've updated the relevant portion, and thank you. We could use more people like you out there.

U

utilitron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*checks field reports*

Pacific... They've just landed in Serpent's Hold!

You still may have a chance to cut them off!

[/ QUOTE ]

they also seem repelled by felucca skara on LS

G

From the outskirts of Vesper, I can confirm that the Ophidians seem to have a strong hold in the area. The fight continues to try and limit their spread out of the town to infest other areas such as the moongates and neighboring towns. Some intrepid Ophidians seem more than eager to spread their attack towards Minoc.

The scrap metal is pouring in at the workshop and soon I will be forced to process the next batch due to storage and safety concerns.

G

I was just in Minoc and spotted a Ophidian warrior general near the carpenters shop just across the bridge from the minoc mine.

B

Brothers_Grog

As long as those foul snakes stay out of Malas...

Not really. The Brothers Grog (and Cayenne) need to continue their business and as such will destroy Ophidians wherever they are found. Anyone stumbling across the Grog homestead will find various Ophidian slayer devices on Merlina at 100gp each.

B

Bloodstaind

But is there actually a way to beat them down?!? .. We cleared the Skara gate once moved all the way into the city and then got flanked from the gate .. they doubled and tripled there #s from where we just killed them off .. Now people are afraid to go in the gate cause of 4generals and a Brood queen camping it

I

imported_AustinRules

I just posted Draconi's message on Napa. All our warriors left Vesper for Skara but there is nothing there. Is it too early? What's going on. Nothing like spreading the word and then when everyone responds there is absolutely nothing there.

So if we beat them back there we push them out of Serp's Hold next? Go there instead? Can't recall in, is there any other way than by boat?

E

EricOfRhavyn

How is anyone supposed to clear the BLENDER at the gates???? That is just insane. There must be 300+ at Brit gate alone!

K

kennykilleduo

What shards are these , please post them so we all know..

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Origin is quite overrun!

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i'd say so , thats just nuts......I think drac and team have there spawner on a speed hack , britt gate there has over 100 of them,

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aw NADS.

I just set up this huge thing to attack Serpent's Hold tonight without realising we have to take out Skara Brae first...

Hmm...

A change of plan may be in order

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It only took a few of us (maybe 4) to push them out of Skara and they havent been back after half an hour now. Serps is going to take a little bit more though now.

This is on Pac.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in Atlantic like, skara seems well and truly flooded whenever i check but its been a few hours now so the situation may have changed

I

imported_Zoe

<blockquote><hr>

It only took a few of us (maybe 4) to push them out of Skara and they havent been back after half an hour now. Serps is going to take a little bit more though now.

This is on Pac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any word on whether the Ophids have taken to the seas yet?

K

kennykilleduo

Ok if all shards are gonna end up like origins britt gate , we are gonna need some serious help , can anyone gate teras into towns?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Flawed intelligence! I've updated the relevant portion, and thank you. We could use more people like you out there.

[/ QUOTE ]...
*kicks his map*
I made it from the flawed info in the wrong direction

*goes to fix the map*

edit::
Fixed!

B

Brothers_Grog

The Brothers Grog are basically wimps but Chef Grog did do a bit of looking about. He found nothing amiss in Skara main nor at the moongate. He found nothing at the Minoc moongate but traveled the upper road to Vesper.

Vesper is abuzz with activity. Being a wimp Chef Grog did not get into the action much but with 153 mana and 16 MR he did manage a couple dozen mana dumps and was rewarded with an ophidian power staff an a bit of fame and gold.

Even for the wimps this is exciting times. That is not neccessarily a good thing?

I

imported_AustinRules

Okay...on Napa nothing in Skara. A half dozen of us took a boat to Serp's Hold, nothing there either. Hmm.....

I

imported_Castor

As General of my Army on Siege,

i shall do all in my power to slay every city defender that i see, to allow these beasts to march across the land and plunge all into darkness

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As is Legends ~~ nothing in Skara save the little spawn just over the channel

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Nothing on Legends in Skara or Brit gate.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's spawn in Serpant's Hold. I was doing pretty well picking things off one at a time until a whole slew of ophidians suddenly respawned. I high tailed it out of there seeing as I was the only there fighting.

K

kennykilleduo

Knock' Knock : Maybe a little hint.As to how we are suppose to stop this madness..

G

Nothing in Skara in fel or tram on legends side....does this mean we've pushed them back and kept them bottled in vesper...

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could use more skilled people with Blaze of Death halberds or Soulseeker blades on the front lines, to cut them down with mighty whirlwind attacks. This tactic might give us an edge over the Ophidian filth. I suggest all defenders form squadrons of swordsmen with backup healers.

Drive them from our homes! To victory!

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Oops! Not good odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least they all received a nice scar to remember me. While my wounds are being tended I will still defy them, and call upon the brave warriors to do what I did - with strength of numbers we will annihilate the Ophidian ranks!

O

Oceania Big Fish

Even as I post the dispatch from the Skara Brae Moongate on Oceania, I can tell you all is clear at this time, not a snake in sight on either the Trammel or Felucca sides.
*glances at clock* In just a few minutes Oceania will be incommunicado for server mtce, perhaps things may change after that, we'll see. Ahh, there's the two minute warning, as we speak, just enough time to sharpen the blades.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Even as I post the dispatch from the Skara Brae Moongate on Oceania, I can tell you all is clear at this time, not a snake in sight on either the Trammel or Felucca sides.
*glances at clock* In just a few minutes Oceania will be incommunicado for server mtce, perhaps things may change after that, we'll see. Ahh, there's the two minute warning, as we speak, just enough time to sharpen the blades.

[/ QUOTE ]

go over to the docks on the SE side say cross and follow southern waters , there spawning there on napa now.

Edit this was on napa , they are now in skara city

B

Bloodstaind

We finally get Bezerkers to spawn in Skara ..and people kill them instead of letting them run loose and kill off the Ophids .. cause they were smacking down everything they went against ..

edit: *is getting annoyed fast* .. We beat them down get Zerks to spawn .. now the gate is overran again .. Draconi is a liar!!! There is no Clearing Skara

edit again: Now the Brave warriors and mages ..are talking like they dont wanna do it anymore .. cause we fought them off the gate and made our way to the City 4times now .. for the gate to get overran and then flanked ... This happening to anyone else?!?

O

Oceania Big Fish

Just checked the Original spawn site at the Skara Ranger Huts, still as is has been. I killed the Ophids there, but so far Skara remains clear

G

I absolutely LOVE what you guys are doing... The fiction is great the content is even better and Gosh Darn is this refreshing...

I just wish that this 7+ year vet had kept up better with the changes since SE so that I would be more capable (embarasingly I have never performed a special move) of inflicting pain on these wretched slithering beasts.

THANK YOU

C

CelticFC

Erm can't summon ev's and whatnot in Skara on Europa,is this happening on other shards too ?

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Erm can't summon ev's and whatnot in Skara on Europa,is this happening on other shards too ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant on napa ( in skara towns)..

G

thanks for the info Draconi but there is nothing in Skara Brae on Chesapeake.... so what now?

D

Duke X. Winter

I don't often get upset. And I won't often say bad things about EA or UO. But I am going to now. This was a huge mistake. I recieved a help call from a friend to Minoc gate, and you'll never guess what I saw...this:

I was expecting to see a couple dozen, perhaps, but what I saw what HUNDREDS. I know that Wilki stated he doesn't agree with recall and gate travel etc, but seriously, think about this for a moment please! For years people have gotten acustomed to recalling and gating. You can't let people get used to that and suddenly take them away like this! Okay, it's not permenant, but in the meantime, it's damaging. It's making people feel betrayed. Please, stop this maddness!