• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This LAG makes the game unplayable

N

NightFlyer

It takes forever to land then you can't even move.

So much for the lag fixes. Time for a break.

G

Yup. Just logged from game cuz the lag monster was hard at work today. Was making the game suck bigtime.

T

TKSpeedy1

I know how you feel. I can't seem to skill or make money cause I can't move unless I'm in a place with only a few people in it.

G

I'm about to log cause of the lag its getting really really bad

Charlotte
Calvins Creek

R

Rennay

I'm on a lot all by myself, I don't appear to be "lagging" in the usual way. I keep trying to put my property to admit all, it says it is on admit all, but then when I try to enter with my other sim it says it's set to exluding me lol. I tried putting her on Admit list too, and she's not showing up on that

I also put down toilets on my lot about an hour ago, and they're still not showing up, and my poor sim has to pee really, really bad! rofl

R

Rennay

Oh great, now the maid's threatening me cuz I couldn't get my second sim in to give my first sim money to pay her LMAO!
Ah well, I guess with everything that's been going on, with the merges, exploit, updates, and what-have-you, it's to be expected...
Maybe I'll finally check out TC3...

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Looks like they put the lag back in on this update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the lag has been pretty bad tonight, i guess they took the money out and added the lag, lol.

J

Jafo

Waitering is just about impossible.. This is stupid.. I am assuming there must be some boxes down or something because I feel like I am playing on a C-64 server.

I

imported_queenme

well if the cheerleaders wanna get on the bandwagon here.....

amazingly enough it seems that once again both me and all of the other folks on this post must be having horrific isp and computer issues....

cuz CERTAINLY it CANNOT BE eagame programming or servers or anything on their end....

sooooooo....lets all go defrag our puters and clean our caches and reroute our routers and rewire our internet cables and mmmm did i miss anything else we all need to do to fix this problem??? since i knooooow it must b US!!!!

FREAKIN NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

The lag is especially bad for me tonight. And I'm usually one of the players that doesn't experience it very often.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Yeah im having extreem lag.

To top that off, iv been getting Error 23's all day long! And after the error i cant get on for like 10 min because I keep getting log in errors. Iv reported the lag and errors to the bug email.

J

Jordin Red

<font color="red"> i lost a tree today from the lag
</font>

G

I am the worst I AM STUPID LOCKED DOWN I AM FURIOUS BEACUSE EARLIER I MY INTERNET CRASHED I AM TRYING TO AVOID CURSING I JUST FEEL LIKE DOIN' IT!

G

my roomie accidentaly salvaged a pest trap because of it, i cant get my other sim to even LOAD. This is pretty rediculous.

F

frogger2

yup im hideing in my resident lots lol in fear of the lag monster skilling money makeing is insane with this lag find me at parkland arcadia or the seven eleven resident lots....if cant skill or make money least you can just hang lol. lag is crazy for everyone ive talked to today.

G

Maybe it has something to do with the parade of sims from Blazing Falls.

A

Anarela

It really is awful
And getting worse
We should try to dance on a full moon night with some nice feather skirts... that should scare the lag off. I know I'm willing to try it... anything to get rid of it...

don't ya all think?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh great, now the maid's threatening me cuz I couldn't get my second sim in to give my first sim money to pay her LMAO!
Ah well, I guess with everything that's been going on, with the merges, exploit, updates, and what-have-you, it's to be expected...

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl too funny..

But no for realz Wtf is up wif this lag.... ya like takes 20 mins to log in the dam game an a nother 30 to land places.. this is pissing off alot the older player's I wsa in TC3 last night cause we couldnt get into EA lands an i didnt get any lag there... so like why does EAland Lag soooooooooooooooo bad an TC3 dont???

G

why arent we receiving what we pay for? we are entitled to a game we can PLAY. I am tired of standing frozen on my property and not even being able to do a trade. words typed take 30 seconds to appear, and some dont appear ever!!! I WANT A GAME I CAN PLAY FOR MY MONEY!

T

TrustMeInc

There is no Lag in EA Land per other people in the LAG LAG LAG thread. Just pretend it isn't there. Thats what I do cause they aren't going to fix it.

It must be my PC it's my fault bad me bad.

Oh look more fun wow 9.99 is really paying off thank you been getting this for 20 mins now.

G

(directed to Friskerz)

That's like comparing the traffic in New York City (EA land) to some lil' village in Germany. Of course NYC is congested with traffic (lag), there are more people living there than almost anywhere else in the world. Meanwhile, the town (TC3) in Germany has a population of about 20, and they pretty much all ride bicylces because they don't go anywhere far. There doesn't have to be a stop sign, there's so little traffic. You could race up and down the street in a sports car and not hit anything, because there's nothing there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is no Lag in EA Land per other people in the LAG LAG LAG thread. Just pretend it isn't there. Thats what I do cause they aren't going to fix it.

It must be my PC it's my fault bad me bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

they gonna have alot people leave the dam game if they dont fix it.. i got 4 accounts im about to pull an say the hell wif it an go to Second life at least wif the lag on there ya can do some things like talk an not have to wait like 20 mins for your words to come up

K

Karm

I know you Dev's and Pari are very tired from last evening. Could someone please look into this horrible lag. Also i noticed when logging into the game it gets stuck at 35 %. Thank You Guys and Gals for all your hard work.

Thanks Again,
Karm

G

I think the devs should wait until tommorrow to be fixin' things. They've been working 24/7 with the money exploit thing, and they need a break.

A

Anarela

I am with you... they need to rest... and now that so many people have pointed out that we have a bad lag... they know what to look for tomorrow...

&lt;3

G

We should send them a gift basket with some gourmet coffee or something. Maybe caffeine pills.

G

yeah but r they even working tomorrow? its a holiday,. this is a holiday weekend. We may be (insert expletive here) until monday.

T

TrustMeInc

I agree they need rest 4 sure however they should give us a refund for this month with all the issue or something nice.

G

I just logged off for the night. Greening is near impossible with this lag. g'night everyone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea!
playing 4 accounts at a time right now and have little to no lag at all in TC3, but I do agree in EAL it's unbearable sometimes, particularly during peak hours. I always tell people to just hop over to TC3 when they need a break from the lag monster, cuz even when EAL is totally down and TC3 is the *only* city to play in, therefore more people there, I still dont' get anywhere near the level of lag that is in EAL. If not for TC3 I would just have to log out of the game at times cuz I abhor letting the game, or any game, get under my skin.

G

This is indeed just crazy... login takes 20min, then if you're lucky, landing takes another 10min. Lag is nuts!

I dont understand this... Is EA working with servers from the 70's or what? I play other mmropg's where 10 times as much ppl play, never, and realy never I experienced this. To think off we get this on a daily basis...

What are you guys merging now again?

G

I BEG TO DIFFER! The developers are responsible for the game. The created the exploit by sending out a flawed catalog to the stores. It was their error that started it so they should have had to clean up the mess it created. They have poor programming in this game so again THEY are creating it and they should clean up this mess too!!!
We arent paying for a day of no game PLUS several days of an unplayable game! We are paying for a playable game. It part of our contract with ea. We pay money, they provide a game.
If they need more help to make the game playable then GET IT. If they can't then WORK til its fixed. *let them rest* is just not an acceptable solution!!!! sheesh!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl too funny..

But no for realz Wtf is up wif this lag.... ya like takes 20 mins to log in the dam game an a nother 30 to land places.. this is pissing off alot the older player's I wsa in TC3 last night cause we couldnt get into EA lands an i didnt get any lag there... so like why does EAland Lag soooooooooooooooo bad an TC3 dont???

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the logical answer would be the number of players being lower in TC3 than EAL, but like I said even when EAL is down and all there is is TC3 I *still* don't even get 10% of the lag in TC3 that I do in EAL on a good day, so I dont know if that's as big a factor in it as it would seem. All I hope is that they get it figured out before they declare *beta* over for EA Land as a whole. With the game not really having been ready for original release, my worse fear is that they will take EA Land 'live' and then even less people will be understanding than they are now because at least now we can recognize that we are in BETA and therefore problems are gonna be expected. As long as EA doesn't get forced to move out of beta, I think everything will be OK over the long haul.

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeah but r they even working tomorrow? its a holiday,. this is a holiday weekend. We may be (insert expletive here) until monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuesday, maybe even. Friday is Good Friday, Sunday is Easter. Many times when a holiday falls on a weekend, companies give their employees the Monday afterwards. After having worked 24 hours straight, I think the devs deserve their 4 day weekend. It's not gonna kill people to play the other 6 slots on your 14 slot account if you find the lag too tough to deal with. It might not be ideal, but neither was working 24 hours straight this week to fix what the players single-handedly flubbed up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I BEG TO DIFFER! The developers are responsible for the game. The created the exploit by sending out a flawed catalog to the stores. It was their error that started it so they should have had to clean up the mess it created. They have poor programming in this game so again THEY are creating it and they should clean up this mess too!!!
We arent paying for a day of no game PLUS several days of an unplayable game! We are paying for a playable game. It part of our contract with ea. We pay money, they provide a game.
If they need more help to make the game playable then GET IT. If they can't then WORK til its fixed. *let them rest* is just not an acceptable solution!!!! sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong, but go ahead and believe that if you want to. Players with attitudes like yours are what is going to end up killing this game faster than any exploit or bug or amount of lag ever can. I cannot begin to comprehend that you think paying TEN DOLLARS A MONTH entitles you to be so incompassionate and demanding. If you think you can find a game anywhere near this in game mechanics minus the lag for $9.99 then you go ahead and find it. I'm betting you will not find a game with gameplay anywhere near structured like this game is, and I'm not talking about the technical issues, I am talking about the style of gameplay. This game is irreplaceable to many of us and therefore we are willing to do whatever we have to do to make the game fun for ourselves. If you're not, then happy trails.

G

Holiday? Everyone deserves a holiday, but this game provides 24/7 service.. ppl should be here to deal with there customers. Simple as that. I dont care if they worked 24hrs yesterday to fix a bug that came from them in the first place.

Over 26hrs it took to solve this... I would be ashamed as Maxis!

G

<blockquote><hr>

(directed to Friskerz)

That's like comparing the traffic in New York City (EA land) to some lil' village in Germany. Of course NYC is congested with traffic (lag), there are more people living there than almost anywhere else in the world. Meanwhile, the town (TC3) in Germany has a population of about 20, and they pretty much all ride bicylces because they don't go anywhere far. There doesn't have to be a stop sign, there's so little traffic. You could race up and down the street in a sports car and not hit anything, because there's nothing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im talking about the fact when Ealand was down yesturday all day i was in TC3 an it was pretty busy an i was runnin my accounts an i wasnt lagging...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Holiday? Everyone deserves a holiday, but this game provides 24/7 service.. ppl should be here to deal with there customers. Simple as that. I dont care if they worked 24hrs yesterday to fix a bug that came from them in the first place.

Over 26hrs it took to solve this... I would be ashamed as Maxis!

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me in writing where we are guaranteed 24 hour TECH support. The toll free number for customer support in the US does not even operate 24/7/365, never did. We get WAY more hours out of our dev team now than customer support by phone. Personally, I think this practice has spoiled some people into expecting AND demanding it now. Some of you really need to realize what you *are* getting for your piddly $10 a month and quit pancakes about what you're not. We got absolutely zilch for YEARS on this game....nada. We had not even half of one developer's time, and a community rep that didn't communicate with us 25% as well as she does now. Maybe it's because I was around during that time and some of the newcomers weren't, and I can understand that, but some of the spoiled brat syndrome is coming from 'seasoned' players and that is nothing short of sad and pathetic. How it was before really WAS *getting nothing for our money* and DID cause alot of people to leave. Compared to that, this is still Death by Chocolate..... even if not heavenly.

G

On that day, most people didn't play at all. Even if it was busy for TC3, it wasn't as busy as EA land gets.

G

Not gonna lie, it took me 45 minutes to get into the city and it takes over 2 minutes to see the stuff I write show up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

On that day, most people didn't play at all. Even if it was busy for TC3, it wasn't as busy as EA land gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

where u one the players that didnt play.. I was in TC3 an it was as busy as Ea land gets dont tell me it wasnt i was there &gt;.&lt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some of you really need to realize what you *are* getting for your piddly $10 a month and quit pancakes about what you're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I will never pancake about the amount that I am willing to pay freely. I pay whatver they asked me to pay. The fact that I am a paying customer, gives me the right to tell my idea about the company I buying from. Hell, alot do it without even being a customer.

I expect value for whatever i am paying! If they are asking to little, well thats simple, raise the price then and make sure you deliver some quality.

Lag has always been bad since I started playing years ago, Tech support doesnt even excist I think. I still wait for an answer to my mail I send 5 years ago. I'm not a US residence so calling the phonenumber costs me a fortune to hear press 1 for all the things I dont need.

Its your right to disagree with me, but hey, the devs dont need to be my friends, I pay there salary among many others here.

Why is it that hard to get rid of the lag... again, I dont buy it its cause of the amount of players.. I play other games with a zillion more ppl on a server and its lagfree. Simple.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

where u one the players that didnt play.. I was in TC3 an it was as busy as Ea land gets dont tell me it wasnt i was there &gt;.&lt;

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there, and no it wasn't. It was *more* busy but I don't think the load on the server was anywhere near what it is on a regular day in EA Land. Too many players categorically refuse to play in EA Land for me to believe that the city had any more than an extra 25% to the population on that day than it did any other day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there, and no it wasn't. It was *more* busy but I don't think the load on the server was anywhere near what it is on a regular day in EA Land. Too many players categorically refuse to play in EA Land for me to believe that the city had any more than an extra 25% to the population on that day than it did any other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not gonna sit on a board an fight with somone its pointless think wat ya want

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Some of you really need to realize what you *are* getting for your piddly $10 a month and quit pancakes about what you're not.

[/ QUOTE ]

First I will never pancake about the amount that I am willing to pay freely. I pay whatver they asked me to pay. The fact that I am a paying customer, gives me the right to tell my idea about the company I buying from. Hell, alot do it without even being a customer.

I expect value for whatever i am paying! If they are asking to little, well thats simple, raise the price then and make sure you deliver some quality.

Lag has always been bad since I started playing years ago, Tech support doesnt even excist I think. I still wait for an answer to my mail I send 5 years ago. I'm not a US residence so calling the phonenumber costs me a fortune to hear press 1 for all the things I dont need.

Its your right to disagree with me, but hey, the devs dont need to be my friends, I pay there salary among many others here.

Why is it that hard to get rid of the lag... again, I dont buy it its cause of the amount of players.. I play other games with a zillion more ppl on a server and its lagfree. Simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the rates? Yeahhhhhh that'll happen. Many players openly admit they can afford the $10 a month and are just too cheap to, so how many of the players do you think pay the $10 now would stick around if they raised the rates to the $14.99 that other games charge, without giving us anything extra besides more tech support for it. Not enough to keep the game afloat, I'm betting. This game has always kept cost down *because* it is affordable for players who cannot afford the prices that other games charge.

As for e-mail and phone tech support being non-existent, that much I can agree with and have said so on more than one occassion. The dev team we see *here* though are not a part of that. They are not responsible for e-mail support to any other e-mail than the one they gave us here that goes directly to them, and they don't do phone support at all, so that's somebody else that deserves to have darts thrown at them. Some of the anger here needs to be aimed in that direction where it actually belongs.

Value for what you're paying? We pay 33 cents a day. Considering you can't even make a *local* phone call on a payphone for that anymore, I'd say I'm getting what I pay for for my 33 cents. Some people overrate the value of their 33 cents a day, and again that's not our dev teams fault, that's a bunch of people needing to understand what things cost these days and how lucky we are that in 2008 there even *is* an online game we can play for 33 cents a day. Maybe by 2009 there won't be.....but I sure hope there is

G

This is totally unacceptable. I dont care if I pay 10 bucks a month or 10 cents a month, I pay to PLAY!! Not to be frustrated, booted, unable to move or interact, or play the game as its intended.
This may be my first post on the boards but Ive been playing TSO since 2005, and never have I been as dissapointed in the game as now.
I stopped playing Second Life because of the lag, in hindsight, its way more managable then it is in EALand.
Dont get me wrong, I love love love TSO, I look forward to logging in everyday to spend time with my online friends and build up my Sims skills, job tracks, and home But our love for the game and our attatchment to our sims and friends is what enables the Devs to completely take advantage of our addictions. They worked very hard yesterday to get us back online, THIS I KNOW however, if the game requires constant updates, reprogramming, bug/glitch fixes &amp; maintenence, then THATS what they should be doing. THEY chose to work on this game, it is thier obligation to bring it up to par Beta version or not.
The Economy is screwed up, the lag is unbearable, Players are losing objects, there are a myriad of bugs &amp; glitches throughout gameplay and I feel like alot of ppl on here take the Developers side. They are PAID to work on this game. With OUR Subscription money!! If we dont get what we pay for, which is 24/7 playable access, then EA will fail... plain &amp; simple.
Thanks for reading, let the bashing begin

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA! Thank you for saying it! I think there should definitely be 24/7 tech support. I pay for this game and haven't been able to play it except for a few days since the merge started....First, they shut down production cities until they were ready for merge so I couldn't play then. Now all the problems since they started merge have made it impossible to play. Take yesterday for example. Look, I know bugs happen. I'm not an idiot. But heck, I pay $20/month for two accounts. Plus now they get more money from us when we buy simoleans from them. They're making a heck of a lot of money off of us. I don't think it's too much to ask for us to be able to play a game we pay for and to have 24/7 tech support. I don't even want to think about what it's going to be like this holiday weekend if this lag and the error messages continue and there is no tech support. Heaven help us!