• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

this is to get the job payouts back to normal and keep them there and plz post how you feel on the

• Thread starter cammrisdemorte
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Z

Zinzi

Interesting comment on the Dev-blog:

Litabel said,

on February 11th, 2008 at 4:04 pm

I see another hike has taken place too

When the ATM’s were introduced the rate of exchange was 989 per $1, so you got 4945 simoleans for $5.

EA have now stuck a 10% commision charge on top of this, so instead of 4945 simoleans for $5, you are now getting 4451 simoleans for $5. This is equivalent to a half a dollar they are charging for a $5 transaction. This has to be a serious concern to everyone, whether you buy or not because this clearly underlines their strategy, grab as much money from the players as you can and be damned that the game is bugged to hell.

10% commision is pretty hefty by anyones standards, and this is on their own in game currency. I wonder how they can sleep at night, I really do. How the hell can they justify this?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Do you have these problems in production cities? Because those are the only ones that aren't "beta".

[/ QUOTE ]
EA Land is not "Beta", regardless of what it says on the city selector - the devs have made that clear enough on numerous occassions. ...and we *are* being "forced" to participate (if we want to play at all). That's what the merge is all about. What we have now *IS* the production version. Meaning there is no intention to 'wipe' or reset in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so we have different definitions of beta. So?
To me...until the merge is complete, EA Land is NOT a production city and there WILL be problems...just like beta.

And it's play or don't. No one is twisting your arm to make you pay for your subscription. And at this point no one is "forcing" anyone to play in EA Land over the production cities. So no we are NOT being forced. How about...we have very few options, to accept or not. It's still not "being forced".

G

<blockquote><hr>

To me...until the merge is complete, EA Land is NOT a production city and there WILL be problems...just like beta.

[/ QUOTE ]
Soooo.... when you use terminology like that - others, who know what it actually means, may believe you are giving the straight goods.
It's dis-information and leads to confusion - among other things.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Soooo.... when you use terminology like that - others, who know what it actually means, may believe you are giving the straight goods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using terminology like what? lol. everyone knows what beta means, I got the defination straight from the dictionary.
Our game is not complete...so it's considered beta.

N

NightFlyer

With your definition we could consider TSO in beta for over 5 years. LOL

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

With your definition we could consider TSO in beta for over 5 years. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Being that "beta or not" has nothing to do with this thread subject, I'm just going to ignore any more comments, because they are pointless.

If YOU want to think it's not beta, or it is, I don't really care. I personally see EA Land as Beta and will untill all the cities are merged. Nuff Said

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Using terminology like what? lol. everyone knows what beta means, I got the defination straight from the dictionary.
Our game is not complete...so it's considered beta.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess the devs got it wrong then when they said this is the final version (updates notwithstanding).
If being incomplete marked a game as "beta", then most games out there would still be in Beta because they are being updated and improved on a regular basis. A beta version is a test version that is typically wiped when it is ready for general use - like the original TSO.
That's not the case with EA Land (according to the dev team). It will be upgraded, adjusted, tweaked, improved, etc. as time goes by - but it *is* the production version.
If anything - TC3 is the "Beta" version of EA Land.

I

imported_Qute Pi

What happens when you put two people in a debate that both need the last word? :p

Ok..no where...in my defination of "Beta" from the dictionary...

BETA = preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"

does it say "all beta versions get wiped!" Typically is not always...

If the lack of a wipe is why you don't consider it beta, that is fine. But you are not going to change my opinion so why do you keep trying to?
Repeat: I see EA Land as beta...and I will till all the cities are merged!

G

<blockquote><hr>

What happens when you put two people in a debate that both need the last word? :p

Ok..no where...in my defination of "Beta" from the dictionary...

BETA = preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"

does it say "all beta versions get wiped!" Typically is not always...

If the lack of a wipe is why you don't consider it beta, that is fine. But you are not going to change my opinion so why do you keep trying to?
Repeat: I see EA Land as beta...and I will till all the cities are merged!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to tell you "The stone is hard".
You say "Define 'hard'.".

The devs say it is not Beta - you say it is.
Who should I listen to????
Is a puzzlement.

Edited to add: EAL is not a preliminary or testing version

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

good thought fester but one question how can we make any money if the dev's keep jerking the payouts around

[/ QUOTE ]

Found this old post on the blog.

Pools &amp; Chasing Tails
Posted in Economy, Design Wiki, Dev Chats by Sarah on the July 23rd, 2007

We don’t have cash in, cash out, right now so theoretically no new money can come into the game beyond starting funds. Clearly, theoretical is the important word there as we are obviously bleeding FAST (disproportionate payouts, etc). As soon as possible we’ll start cranking prices up and lowering payouts. Be prepared to play a differently tuned game. We don’t want to remove the fun though so that’s where you come in. The blueprints article on dynamic job object payouts is headed in the right direction. Well, imagine if the pizza machine paid out from a pool of money. Perhaps that pool could be calculated as the total of all food that was bought the previous day… Some days there might not be a lot of money in the pizza pool so you’ll make more money playing maze or being a telemarketer. You have to chase and find the most profitable means to make money. What will make object or lot prices rise and fall? Can you suggest other possible pools or more specifically other things that could be paired together in the senses that foxes and rabbits are, predators and prey.

So I doubt they will increase payouts just because that's what we want, they have other plans in mind.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

It's a conspiracy, I tell you... a CONSPIRACY! Job and money object payouts have been reduced to encourage the use of ATMs, so EA can finally profit from the sale of simoleans instead of eBay auctioneers!!! Cash out will never be added... and even if it is, the rate will not equal Cash in... EA wants to MAKE money off of us, people, not lose it.. The philosophy of a money-making democracy? Maximize profit with the least amount of operative cost loss.... a conspiracy, I tell you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Trippy, you hit the nail right on the head with that one.
I've felt that way since i got a whopping 48 simoleans in a day's work...at lvl 6 factory. That's not just one shift...thats A WHOLE DAY!

G

I recently heard about a similar game called Second Life.
You don't make money there, you buy it.....

Starting to sound like TSO sadly.