The various ages of Siege(rs)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

So, what's the average age of the average Sieger?

And, does this poll thing work?

*pokes, hears loud twanging noise, and several far off crashes*

G

*laughs*

I SO wanted to choose the last option. But I gave a boring real answer.

-Skylark

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I fit in the upper end of 21 to 30...but I had to pick the last one.

M

marichessy

Ohhh...good poll. I often wondered this myself and was going to make a poll to this effect but I am too cheap to pay for Stratics.

I'm in the majority so far. I am a bit surprised. Thought most players were in the 20's somewhere.

M

Mandolin

36 here.. 37 in February...

Like I tell anyone that asks.. I'm 36, feel like I'm 100, and treated like I'm 10.. :p

(Great sig btw Rumpy!!)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
<blockquote><hr>

I'm in the majority so far. I am a bit surprised. Thought most players were in the 20's somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are in the 20's... most board junkies are you old farts. Most people at my age play the game far more than living it out on a forum.... and you wonder why 1 hour after thread goes up the foagies are the ones in the majority.

We aren't hitting refresh every minute to talk about nonsense that has nothing to do with UO... infact I'd wage a good majority of us don't even come to these forums cause were playing UO and not just talking about it.

I think Im gonna start an OT thread about OT threads... =[

Oh and I'm 23 too.. will be 24 in may

M

marichessy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They are in the 20's... most board junkies are you old farts. Most people at my age play the game far more than living it out on a forum.... and you wonder why 1 hour after thread goes up the foagies are the ones in the majority.

We aren't hitting refresh every minute to talk about nonsense that has nothing to do with UO... infact I'd wage a good majority of us don't even come to these forums cause were playing UO and not just talking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, thought you were much younger.

Anyway, you old foagies keep posting the fun threads. I droppped my cane somewhere and won't be getting out of my chair till the neighbors kids can come over and bring it to me again.

T

Taser-LA

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the older posters that post during the day here just have desk jobs
that allow us to post to a forum, but not play UO.

You'll see us posting much less at night.

Maybe after you're employed at something other than farming up powerscrolls
to have enough to buy weed, and live at your mom's..... you'll also be away from
the game long enough to have something to talk about besides your template....
and insults.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, thought you were much younger.

Anyway, you old foagies keep posting the fun threads. I droppped my cane somewhere and won't be getting out of my chair till the neighbors kids can come over and bring it to me again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats odd because I had thought he was much younger too. I was guessing around 15 - 16 years old

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Thats odd because I had thought he was much younger too. I was guessing around 15 - 16 years old

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no AoS mods on birthday candles.. perhaps he just confused while counting?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

There are no AoS mods on birthday candles.. perhaps he just confused while counting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we need to add it to the status window?

K

Katharine

<blockquote><hr>

36 here.. 37 in February...

Like I tell anyone that asks.. I'm 36, feel like I'm 100, and treated like I'm 10.. :p

(Great sig btw Rumpy!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd quit treatin ya like that Spyderboy if it weren't so much fun!

and 22 btw
and I swear ifn I hear one youngin comment bout me, I'll poke your eyes out with Castor's blaze

G

Goodah

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the older posters that post during the day here just have desk jobs

to have enough to buy weed, and live at your mom's..... you'll also be away from
and insults.

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

err right. I'm 35 and I read the forums and post from work. You will rarely see me post at night when I do actually have a chance to play the game.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
<blockquote><hr>

and insults.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a thought... how about when you all are at work... why don't you actually WORK instead of comming here with your leisure [censored] and infesting a gaming forum with your personal [censored]. Look at the RL pic thread? There are pages upon pages of posts with no pics by people just clicking refresh to post GARBAGE or just pages of peoples stupid [censored] ugly ass cats. Your cat doesn't play UO... I don't need to read 30 replies about AWWW HOW CUTE! SUPER!!! in a RL Pic thread... I wanna see RL pics!!! oh but no... so how about you keep the nonsensical non-UO [censored] off this forum. You have a life... why don't you try living it out somewhere else. I for one don't care about it or what you have to say about it that doesn't regard to UO and I can vouch that at least another 15 people (off top of my head) don't either.... and I know that numbers a lot higher than that even.

This is the Official Ultima Online forum for Siege Perilous. If it doesn't have to do with UO... specifically siege... it doesn't belong here. I go to school, I live and take care of myself. When I'm at work, I work. When I'm at school, I'm doing school work/stuff. When I'm in UO I play UO. When I'm on the UO forums... I post UO stuff and want to read UO stuff.

Not how your day was... not what you had for breakfast... not what is important in your life at this given instance. I don't wanna see it when I come to find out whats going on in Siege and wind up seeing MORNING BREAKFAST WHAT DID YOU HAVE!?!?!?!, HOW BORED ARE YOU AT WORK!?!?! I don't wanna see NONE of it.

So when you actually get a life outside of your computer screen... you can tell all those people all about it.

*tips hat*

This is UO... not Oprah

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. do not post that [censored]. It does not belong here. Your geriatrics can start your own damn forum to ruin with your [censored]. I come to UO forums to read about UO... keep your RL [censored] out of it because I and no one else cares.

Start your own forum for your days of our lives soap opera bs. Hell call it the Oprah show where you ppl can swap caserole reciepes and hair styles... but for [censored] SAKE LEAVE THAT [censored] OFF THIS FORUM!

T

Taser-LA

Luckily for everyone you don't get to decide what the content of the forum is.

If you check the title of the threads... they'll usually give you a clue as to what
they're about. Since you like to tell everyone else how they need to live, work,
play, and what to read and write about.... I'd personally appreciate it if you would include
the word "Whine" in the title of any threads you start... because you are without
a doubt the biggest whiner on these boards.

These boards are for people who are interested in Siege Perilous... not for any
specific information. If you don't like to read people's OT threads... please feel
free to skip them. Your rants are as off topic as anyone else's cookie recipe.

Cheers!

R

riffraff

Are you sure you aren't 13?

Good point about posting from work.. some of us are just without much self control and want to talk about UO even on someone else's time. I agree I dont care much for the "morning breakfast" threads but I just ignore them instead of getting too worked up. If other ppl like them, that's fine. They aren't hurting me any.

L

Limdul

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No.. do not post that [censored]. It does not belong here. Your geriatrics can start your own damn forum to ruin with your [censored]. I come to UO forums to read about UO... keep your RL [censored] out of it because I and no one else cares.

Start your own forum for your days of our lives soap opera bs. Hell call it the Oprah show where you ppl can swap caserole reciepes and hair styles... but for [censored] SAKE LEAVE THAT [censored] OFF THIS FORUM!

[/ QUOTE ]

Siege stuff my ass. All you can see there now is what is for sale. Besides you don't have to read it if you don't want to. There is always SP.net too. And besides until the mods start locking those things they will continue. *Thinks he'll post a pic of the dog and cat in the RL thread tonight*

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

but for [censored] SAKE LEAVE THAT [censored] OFF THIS FORUM!

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh oh.. is it time for another crouton, Drax? *hands Drax another crouton and pats him on the head*

L

Limdul

<blockquote><hr>

Are you sure you aren't 13?

Good point about posting from work.. some of us are just without much self control and want to talk about UO even on someone else's time. I agree I dont care much for the "morning breakfast" threads but I just ignore them instead of getting too worked up. If other ppl like them, that's fine. They aren't hurting me any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn your good. You always seem to just about flame but not quite. I post from work most of the time, but I tend to do it on my lunch or on my breaks. Unless I'm waiting for some work then I check the boards.

G

ummm....36 I think, but I think senility is setting in early if that's correct......

*checks birth certificate*

yep...I'm right!!
(on both accounts...lol)

G

I post mostly from work or while working RoT. hell some days i'm doing RoT at work.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.. I can go stand next to Mac now.. no longer the oldest on Siege..

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks. I got the pic, Sevi made the sig. She is &lt;3

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn she's getting good!

G

Woot, I'm not the oldest person on Siege.
--------------------------------------------------

Ahem : How soon ye forget grasshopper who be the oldest player in KSS on record !

G

Your cat doesn't play UO...
------------------------------------------

How do you know whether or not my cat or any Siege players cat can play UO or not ? Mine is a fast learner &amp; afterall and if Sloan's cat can use the toilet, yu can bet a cat 'can' play UO ! All a cat has to do, is about the same as humans playing uo, a few simple non intellectual tasks, to walk across the right keys for any macro that a cat may wish to use to use to pvp with.. just like many of our macroing UO human pvpers.

BTW your gyrating avatar is NOT UO related ..which is why some of us never notice what ye post anyhow; cuz that gyratin guy in ye avatar, might be all we are in the mood for looking at !

*passes some left over fried kippers to all, from Bea's Breakfast thread *

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
<blockquote><hr>

Luckily for everyone you don't get to decide what the content of the forum is.

These boards are for people who are interested in Siege Perilous... not for any
specific information. If you don't like to read people's OT threads... please feel
free to skip them. Your rants are as off topic as anyone else's cookie recipe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you try reading the RoC? It seems no one gets to decide what we the players of UO have to put up with... but that doesn't mean your not gonna hear how we feel about your crap.

ROC
<blockquote><hr>

P. Off Topic (OT) are not prohibited, but should be posted within reason. There are some topics that are not appropriate for the forums. All posts are subject to these rules. Excessive OT posts will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Q. All Forums have a main topic. When starting a new thread, make sure you do so in the proper Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unluckily for everyone... you think people actually want to see your threads? This isn't a democracy... its a paid service.

Here are your Off Topic forums

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/offtopic/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

go there because THIS IS A SHARD FORUM THAT DOESNT CARE FOR YOUR RL/OT STUFF! This is not oprah, this is not Burger King and you cannot have it your way anyway let alone right away. Stratics has an OT forum (that I will religiously stay away from) but you can post all your lovely dopey RL/OT posts there. You can chat with all the other soccar moms/dads on how to properly live your lives and/or brag/complain about the [censored] you have to deal with.

Let us who play UO, read about UO, and talk about UO. If you wanna spend your days at work wasting your bosses/companies time talking about how cute your kitty is... well I linked you to the forum, all you gotta do is go there so I don't gotta read your OT/RL crap ever again.

Bye bye!

Hope you have fun with your new friends!

PS. How many off topic threads are on this first viewing page alone? 3 out of 12? 25% is to much for the first page alone... let alone any UO forum.

Now that-thats out of the way... WISPWOOD STORY NIGHT TONIGHT!!!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
<blockquote><hr>

Good point about posting from work.. some of us are just without much self control and want to talk about UO even on someone else's time. I agree I dont care much for the "morning breakfast" threads but I just ignore them instead of getting too worked up.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know... I honestly don't care about the occasional OT thread, but when 1/4th of the first page consists of garbage OT threads... I'm irritated. I'm not worked up in the least bit about this (no matter what my post connotates) but I am going to speak my mind and the truth regarding these threads.

I've spent the last 4-5 months on siege building and building and building to add more stuff for Siege people to experience and do. I'm really excited about the number of player establishments and the quality of events this shard is putting out. I also am really happy that I will soon be entering that realm of UO and that siege will continue to grow and bring more and more into this shard for us to do and experience.

This should be a place where people come to find out the dish on whats going on in our shard... not what happened on Oprah the day before.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 3, 2004
Top of the Mountain
www.angelfire.com
<blockquote><hr>

Siege stuff my ass. All you can see there now is what is for sale. Besides you don't have to read it if you don't want to. There is always SP.net too. And besides until the mods start locking those things they will continue. *Thinks he'll post a pic of the dog and cat in the RL thread tonight*

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno why the MODs haven't set up a BUY/SELL thread at the top of the forum yet... especially with all the threads about the stuff.

But so much [censored] [censored] is missing from these forums... no one posted about our huge fight at spirit gate last night (it was like 5 guilds fighting!) no ones mentioning the raids they are getting at champ spawns... no ones talking about the events going on in siege... its everyones fault... not just these OT/RL thread posters... but I can only tackle one thing at a time...

R

Rykus

Have you considered professional help? You are going to fall over dead from a stress related myocardial infarction or aneurism if you don't learn to take a breath and relax..

Curious... Who put you in charge of deciding what the rest of us do on our time? The RoC specifically says that one of the purposes of these boards is to 'build community'. That is accomplished in a variety of ways, one of which is OT posts. Your incessantly negative rants certainly do not seem like they adhere to the 'building community' initiative, but just like you have the right to ignore the OT and every other kind of post YOU ABSOLUTELY HATE AND WILL DIE IF YOU SEE AGAIN!!!!11!!!.... We also have the right to ignore your constant whiney noise, which I do most of the time.

Get over yourself.. You are not a mod, and until you are, either notify them if you feel something is wrong or just live with the result. There are plenty of other places for you to be if this one makes you so damned unhappy.