• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Valentines Gifts Are Stupid

• Thread starter Luke Carjacker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes and Vet rewards were supposed to be for Vets... but they aren't anymore are they?
Guess that would depend on your definition of a Vet. According to the Devs, vets are players that play for a year or more. Some of the items you can buy from other players who already got them and some of them you can't even use if your account isn't old enough.

Obviously to get a reward through the system you have to actually be a Vet and have rewards to claim.

But who cares, really...big whoop if they can buy it from other players. Unless you want to feel special for having items not many have.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess that would depend on your definition of a Vet. According to the Devs, vets are players that play for a year or more. Some of the items you can buy from other players who already got them and some of them you can't even use if your account isn't old enough.

Obviously to get a reward through the system you have to actually be a Vet and have rewards to claim.

But who cares, really...big whoop if they can buy it from other players. Unless you want to feel special for having items not many have.
Prior to the last round of rewards, it seemed that us players who have been playing now for over 10 years only had a different Ethy mount to choose from or some house add on.

Is it asking too much for an item bless deed as a reward? or something that could be used by those of us who pvp exclusively?

They say things like I'm asking for can imbalance the game, and they probably might.... but there are also tons of bugs, cheats and hacks that imbalance the pvp and the Devs do care about those, so why care about the rewards?

I think that every reward is either decorative (which anyone can use) or a mount (which everyone has, except the look different).. there is also the teleportation tiles, that anyone can use... and ankh, that anyone can use... the weapon engraving tool, that anyone can use.

So I ask you.. just where is the item only a Vet can use in this reward system that isn't deco or a mount?

As I said, they should be called newb rewards. And yes as a person who has paid and played UO since Sept 1997, I do think I deserve something special from EA that truly sets us apart. Now if it means that the item, such as an engraving too, can only be used by a vet and also the weapon that it engraves should only be allowed to be used by a vet of that years age or older. Then maybe I would be a bit more supportive of the system.

see vet reward list below
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31003

edit:
And dont forget that Ethy mounts were originally only for 3 year old accounts or older, so what id they do? they introduced the Charger of the Fallen

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um... but they are?
Ummm... but they are not... in most cases the rewards have to be "claimed" by a vet but can be used by anyone.

And sorry but an Ethy mount is an Ethy mount regardless of what it looks like or what color it is. So everyone benefits from them.

And cloaks? So you get a different color... Whoooopieee.

Get the drift?

edit:
To me a vet reward is something that the veteran player gets to use that no other character can use unless it is of the same age or older. Hence the name Vet Reward.

Or rename it and call it the "Everyone Rewards - Anyone Can Use But Only Vets Can Claim".

L

Lady_Mina

ethies do work that way...

cause i would love to ride a polar bear , but my account age isn't old enough for it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True that the ethy mounts are the true vet rewards...

It would have been a good idea for them to restrict use of the other rewards as well to those who have the appropriate account age. However it might be a bit late for that now...would have too many people complaining who already purchased them from others.