• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Real Problem With PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm running is not a counter :/ ... bolas and shuriken are just as gimp as any other item in this game which replaces a skill.

Should also make it so you can't insure an item that's poisoned.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm running is not a counter :/ ... bolas and shuriken are just as gimp as any other item in this game which replaces a skill.
Running IS a counter...I don't see how you can even begin to argue that it isn't. Secondly, ever consider dismounting when the bola is about to go off? The only problem I have with bolas is if you are riding and ethy, in which case you have no choice but to be dismounted. I personally think if you dismount an ethy at your own will, you should be able to instantly remount it say 10-15 seconds after you dismounted. If you wait too long, you have to wait to remount. I would much rather fight 8 people with bolas not using pots than fight one person using pots...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the goal of the live economy of this game was to assure that it would be expensive to buy a cureall...

but the state of the sorry economy now is that there is so much gold in the system that the system is taboo...

see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil ?

Thats seems to be the moto.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would much rather fight 8 people with bolas not using pots than fight one person using pots...
So you'd rather fight 8 chiv dexers then 1 dexer with pots.. gotcha.
Yeah, the big BS sign popped up when I read that too...

I think at the point he is just trying to get a as many post counts he can before this thread finally gets locked.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the big BS sign popped up when I read that too...

I think at the point he is just trying to get a as many post counts he can before this thread finally gets locked.
Before pots, it was more than feasible to win fights vastly outnumbered. At the very least, you could kill a few of them. Largely due to pots, numbers mean way more than skill these days. Honestly, if I'm fighting 1v8 and they're all chiv dexxers I would consider myself lucky. That's a walk in the park compared to what I usually fight.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a word, yes.
Are you like Forrest Gump where you'd rather run across the US instead of drive/fly/take a train?

You make my head hurt.

Stick to dueling if that's how you want to play. The rest of UO players are going to use the tools we're all equally given thx.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree w/ OP re: cure pots.... click of a button with no skill investment > entire UO skill. Poisoning should almost be removed from the game to save people the trouble of spending all that time training up a skill that effectively does nothing in pvp.

as for the rest of pvp, if someone in this thread can explain to me how 2 hit bokuto kills(nervestrike + hit lightning + spellplague explosions) are balanced, or even make sense.. i'd love to hear it. (and yes, unlike real life, games DO need to be balanced)

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you like Forrest Gump where you'd rather run across the US instead of drive/fly/take a train?

You make my head hurt.

Stick to dueling if that's how you want to play. The rest of UO players are going to use the tools we're all equally given thx.
Let me guess you're one of those mages who don't even have a cure macro, and if you do you can't even remember what it is. If you think pots take even a little bit of skill I feel sorry for you. :sad4:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me guess you're one of those mages who don't even have a cure macro, and if you do you can't even remember what it is. If you think pots take even a little bit of skill I feel sorry for you. :sad4:
good god man, back to this crap again? i offered you an opportunity to *duel* me on a shard we both pinged equally crappy to, and you turned the offer down.

now, according to your logic you mentioned that talking about ping was just a crutch. if that were the case, why would you honestly turn down an offer. perhaps gold would entice you in addition the transfer token? or i bet you will just say it isn't worth your *time*.

so, what does this all mean? it means everything you say is just hypocritical bullcrap based around your own *personal* feelings in a video game. you expect the developers to cater around your *losses* and you have no actual backbone aside from the e-peen you drag around on these boards.

in essence, you are a lousy loser in pvp. i learned that the first time you died, and the second, third, ect. imo bad form dude. maybe you might consider holding off on the attitude and just try harder next time, learn from your mistakes in an ever-changing game...

if you need to rage... log off. no need to tell everyone in general chat how bad such and such is. or how often you visited their moms house. got it?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, and I'm sorry but it's me that feels sorry ; and my sorryness encompasses more sorry ppl than your ever going to be sorry.

Which explains my medal here, that was graciously bestowed by the boards best troll : "Better sorry than sorrier".

Yah. :hahaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.