• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new law for tamers..

O

Ole Cheapy

I do not like tamers so I am pledging right now that ANY tamer caught ot will be dealt with. I dont have the trammie suits are the faction or artie suits and i dont need them but if i catch you out you will surely die. Let it be known that I am in no guild and owe no allegiance to anyone so this law applies to ANYONE with a tamer, no exceptions. You guys run the easiest template on the shard then you wanna let your pets farm for hours upon hours and i'm just sick of it. If you're caught out this will happen. You have all been warned.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny story with that. Dem was not farming at all. But rather looking for farmers afk/ghosting.

and what do you mean by "any tamer caught ot...." Ot?

*edit*

Also I dont see you catching too many out. seems most are ghost farming.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not like tamers so I am pledging right now that ANY tamer caught ot will be dealt with. I dont have the trammie suits are the faction or artie suits and i dont need them but if i catch you out you will surely die. Let it be known that I am in no guild and owe no allegiance to anyone so this law applies to ANYONE with a tamer, no exceptions. You guys run the easiest template on the shard then you wanna let your pets farm for hours upon hours and i'm just sick of it. If you're caught out this will happen. You have all been warned.

You've tried to kill my tamer numerous times with no success.

GL

A

Albertus

Well, I am a tamer but i don't do that ghost-farm crap. Well done on hunting/killing them.

I will do the same if I see a tamer who wont respond to my "hey, you there?"

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys dont get that Dem was there lol. He was actively hunting afkers

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ole cheapy im tamer now so your welcome to attampt to kill me if you like because i highly doubt you will.

O

Ole Cheapy

To clear things up a bit Dem was not afk macroing he was at key board and jumping and bouncing all around the place. hell it took me 5 mins to get him to be still and get 2 steps away from his Greater dragon before i could lay him down. But maybe I didnt make myself clear, its not about afk macroing I just DO NOT like tamers in general and if you're caught out there will be consequences and repercussions. I do not like tamers because the template is too gimpish and way too easy for them to farm nice items which imo is just twinkish and I take that as a personal offense.

I will say it again, I dont care who has a tamer and how good you think you are with your tamer, if I catch you out and you're actually dumb enough to farm without being afk you will surely die no matter what. items or no items it really doesnt matter cuz you will die faster than you can hit the all kill hot key. Period.

O

Ole Cheapy

who died and put you in charge of making the laws around here o_O
I took the liberty of doing it myself, someone has to have some type of order around here and since no one was stepping up to the plate I decided I would.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it's your opinion and you can kill me all you want. I like tamers and enjoy the challenge of taming an aggressive pet, so that's how I play. It doesn't matter if I die one time or a hundred, be it farming for arties or taming a pet, it's not going to change anything. I'll just get back up and keep on going, just like I have time and time again.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's too bad we don't have battle vortex archives, so you could all see that Darknesssssssss has been making these threats for years.

Strangely enough, nothing ever comes from them. He just keeps killing crafters.

Dark Drow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a tamer some times. i just use for farming gold and hides. Player like you push the tamers to pvp then you cry about it.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real funny thing is how many people play the gimp tamers now as main characters...good to see a old school pvp'er upholding what sp is really about...

O

Ole Cheapy

Here we go again folks.... Another wussy wine cry me a tamer.. how bout i give you some cheese from my ball sack, it goes good with your wine. You can really just kiss my butt. Your cries fall on deaf ears.... FIRST you cry about tamers in pvp. Now you cry about tamers PVM!?!?! give me a freekin break man. Go hunt somewhere else, or better yet take your MANPON and go PMS somewhere else
Kelmo, Petra, Plz do not delete this thread because of one person, I am in no way offended by his post and will ignore it and I ask that you plz do the same. This thread needs to be up long enough so that all tamers are fairly warned. Thank you for your cooperation.

O

Ole Cheapy

Well, it's your opinion and you can kill me all you want. I like tamers and enjoy the challenge of taming an aggressive pet, so that's how I play. It doesn't matter if I die one time or a hundred, be it farming for arties or taming a pet, it's not going to change anything. I'll just get back up and keep on going, just like I have time and time again.
I respect your post and want you to know that I am in no way crying about tamers because I can defeat them with my eyes closed. I just dont like them and for that reason they will die. But because of your post I have decided to make minor adjustments to this new law...if you are only out taming animals you will not be harmed...that is unless you're blue. if you're blue you can be eating popcorn or whatever and you're going to die just on general principles. So red tamers are allowed to tame pets in peace, just dont let it turn into a farming festival.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That woulda been a great comment until bonded pets came into play,now you just tame once then there bonded,so you must love that challenge of taming the pet once then its bonded forever...

O

Ole Cheapy

It's too bad we don't have battle vortex archives, so you could all see that Darknesssssssss has been making these threats for years.

Strangely enough, nothing ever comes from them. He just keeps killing crafters.
Man I really miss the BV days! :)

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I really miss the BV days! :)
I don't, because if you didn't kiss the mod's asses you got banned and when they wasn't banning you they was changing what you posted...it ended up where it belonged, in the toilet...

On the other hand though, i really miss the sp network that was true unrestricted fun...

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That woulda been a great comment until bonded pets came into play,now you just tame once then there bonded,so you must love that challenge of taming the pet once then its bonded forever...
That's my biggest problem with taming...bonded pets. No risk = against the spirit of Siege.

Whats it matter if you're afk ghost farming and your pet gets lured away and killed?

Tamers have two blessings, Siege bless their weapon, and a bonded pet.

I was thinking of a fix for bonding.

My idea is to allow bonding still, but the pet can only die 2 or 3 times, then it is no longer bonded, and cannot be bonded again.

Or, you can bond them, but they can only die twice in a weeks time, or they lose bonding.

Or, one death per day is all thats allowed to keep bonded status.

Either solution would help eliminate afk ghost farmers and PvP tamers.

If you can kill the pet twice in PvP, they have to stable it or risk losing bonding... simple. They should have 14 other pets to pick from anyway.

Buying a trained pet with zero deaths will be worth something then, and tamers can build their taming business again as in days of old, when people had to replace thier pets regularly. I remember the bank sitters making a killing selling beetles and white wyrms.

Do away with bonding, it is taking away the tamers profits and taking away the risk of UO.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the contrary, I'm always striving to find a pet with better stats or a more favourable colour than the ones I have. As a result, I can enjoy taming aggressive pets more than once. There's also times I just tame for the hell of it, no real purpose, I just feel like taming something. It gives me a thrill when I finally tame something that can (and probably will) kill me many times, and it makes me more determined each and every time I fail.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's my biggest problem with taming...bonded pets. No risk = against the spirit of Siege.

Whats it matter if you're afk ghost farming and your pet gets lured away and killed?

Tamers have two blessings, Siege bless their weapon, and a bonded pet.

I was thinking of a fix for bonding.

My idea is to allow bonding still, but the pet can only die 2 or 3 times, then it is no longer bonded, and cannot be bonded again.

Or, you can bond them, but they can only die twice in a weeks time, or they lose bonding.

Or, one death per day is all thats allowed to keep bonded status.

Either solution would help eliminate afk ghost farmers and PvP tamers.

If you can kill the pet twice in PvP, they have to stable it or risk losing bonding... simple. They should have 14 other pets to pick from anyway.

Buying a trained pet with zero deaths will be worth something then, and tamers can build their taming business again as in days of old, when people had to replace thier pets regularly. I remember the bank sitters making a killing selling beetles and white wyrms.

Do away with bonding, it is taking away the tamers profits and taking away the risk of UO.
All your ideas are great but that will never happen if it did 75% of UO would quit...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the contrary, I'm always striving to find a pet with better stats or a more favourable colour than the ones I have. As a result, I can enjoy taming aggressive pets more than once. There's also times I just tame for the hell of it, no real purpose, I just feel like taming something. It gives me a thrill when I finally tame something that can (and probably will) kill me many times, and it makes me more determined each and every time I fail.
Ya, your right to find a "better" pet...from what i hear the only thing hard to tame is a greater dragon so where does challenge come into play after you tame a greater dragon?When you go to tame you naked and using 85 taming and lore?Now that's a challenge...

To be honest i honestly can't say tamer and pvm in the same sentence along with challenge...

U

uomlplayer

I hate bonded pet's also, i'd rather have 10 dragon's following me when i say all kill :lick: :stir:.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate bonded pet's also, i'd rather have 10 dragon's following me when i say all kill :lick: :stir:.
Just remember those unbonded pets was not as powerful as these greater dragons plus the more you owned the harder they was to control and if you lost control they went wild...:lick::stir:

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will never do away with bonding. Which is too bad. I did enjoy the days when you didnt have the animal lore we have now. When you couldnt see skills of a pet, only loyalty. When a tamer would tame 5 dragons, and line them up at the bank for sale. And you took a brown one because you liked brown. Or the same for red. Back before bonding.

But with the new lore system, and training, there would be too many people upset.
Id love for it to go back to a drag is a drag, here ya go, dont let it die.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will never do away with bonding. Which is too bad. I did enjoy the days when you didnt have the animal lore we have now. When you couldnt see skills of a pet, only loyalty. When a tamer would tame 5 dragons, and line them up at the bank for sale. And you took a brown one because you liked brown. Or the same for red. Back before bonding.

But with the new lore system, and training, there would be too many people upset.
Id love for it to go back to a drag is a drag, here ya go, dont let it die.
QFT...just one more way to make SP like a prodo shard with "bonded" pets...

U

uomlplayer

Just remember those unbonded pets was not as powerful as these greater dragons plus the more you owned the harder they was to control and if you lost control they went wild...:lick::stir:
I dont care how hard it is to control or if it go wild, i'd still rather have 10 dragon's over 1 greater drag, i say give me back my 10 drag's! :stir:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont care how hard it is to control or if it go wild, i'd still rather have 10 dragon's over 1 greater drag, i say give me back my 10 drag's! :stir:
I'm not even going to get into this argument with you because you would be dead before they listened to you with 10 dragons and a inv. ring with that many dragons is your death...thata's my most only carried 4 MAX...

U

uomlplayer

I'm not even going to get into this argument with you because you would be dead before they listened to you with 10 dragons and a inv. ring with that many dragons is your death...thata's my most only carried 4 MAX...
Who's arguing? i'd like to see you try...

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You tried that already at the rune beetle's, how did that go even with two of you? :lick:
The 30 or 40 beetles I had following me the first time took down your dragon in 10 seconds.

I didnt have detect hidden on template, so you escaped with your life.

I admit, you do a good job hiding, but I will slay you eventually! * pridefully smug face *

I stoned herding for now, so I will find another tactic.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove bonding come's with removing control slot's obviously you have played uo for long,
Not too mention nightstalker just said you had hiding.Back in the day tamers didnt have hiding they had to actually use there tames, but who are you?

My puncuation sucks ass sorry...fixed it...

U

uomlplayer

The 30 or 40 beetles I had following me the first time took down your dragon in 10 seconds.

I didnt have detect hidden on template, so you escaped with your life.

I admit, you do a good job hiding, but I will slay you eventually! * pridefully smug face *

I stoned herding for now, so I will find another tactic.
That's the sad part, my dragon died in 10 second's, and i ran away on my dicord tamer ,ressed it and kill you andf your buddy.

I don't know how dettect would help you when i dont even have stealth on?? i was on my discord tamer, epic fail??

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back in the day before bonding you could have as many dragons as you wanted with penalties ofcourse...

I know, I played for a short while in about 2001, maybe 6 months.

What I'm saying is, just because control slots and bonding came about at the same time, that doesn't mean that they have to be removed at the same time. One of them was a good idea, while the other wasn't.

U

uomlplayer

Not too mention nightstalker just said you had hiding back in the day tamers didnt have hiding they had to actually use there tames but who are you?
I had hiding back in the day when no one used hiding? Finny how come i don't even know that??

I'm Borjigin Temujin.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had hiding back in the day when no one used hiding? Finny how come i don't even know that??

I'm Borjigin Temujin.
Maybe i didnt say it good enough-tamers back then didnt have hiding(past) and nightstalker just said you had hiding(present)...

Is that your original name?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's the sad part, my dragon died in 10 second's, and i ran away on my dicord tamer ,ressed it and kill you andf your buddy.

I don't know how dettect would help you when i dont even have stealth on?? i was on my discord tamer, epic fail??
Yes we failed, you win. We were experimenting with different tactics.

We dont use UO Assist or vent, so the choreography was a bit off, hard to talk plans while fighting without vent. That isn't an excuse, we will get it down to a formula eventually! ;)

U

uomlplayer

Maybe i didnt say it good enough-tamers back then didnt have hiding(past) and nightstalker just said you had hiding(present)...

Is that your original name?
If only nightstalker would even know what's he's talking about. Again i repeat i was a discord tamer when he was fighting me at the rune beetle's.

my orignal name was liquid poison,I did not even play a tamer back then,but that's not the point, I still want to see you try to kill me today with 10 drag's or in your case 4 drag's, 4 drag's > 1 greater enough said.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well lets get this back on topic.

I hope no one cries about cheapstuit. Because a lot of people cry about certain things. Tamers, Arties, and Faction arties.

He is using none of these. Only thing anyone can cry about is seige bless. And well everyone uses it. Hope you have lots of success. This is great RP PK. And hell im a tamer or mage depending on whats going on.

Just dont get upset if someone gets ya with a pet.

U

uomlplayer

Yes we failed, you win. We were experimenting with different tactics.

We dont use UO Assist or vent, so the choreography was a bit off, hard to talk plans while fighting without vent. That isn't an excuse, we will get it down to a formula eventually! ;)
2 stealther's, one with 40 beetle's behind you and you need a plan? want me to draw you a picture?