• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Grand Ole Return Policy Thread

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hello.
Tonight I dropped a mage weapon kryss. It was my fault. I hadn't realized that with the new insurance gadgets I had to uninsure the item and insure it myself.
Please folks make a note if you get an item from someone else cancel the insurance and reinsure with that character.

Anyway, I was made to pay for the kryss by the TB alliance instead of just returning it. All is fine and good with that but I was unaware that that was the policy on our shard. Devin in fact returned a ring yesterday without asking anything for it. I've told all my people this is the policy.
Until now.

If we are going to be forced to pay for our items I would much rather just remake the item for the person who lost it.
As it stands right now the TB/DRI pvp alliance is holding a bow for one of my guys. He is just learning pvp. I will, of course, make him another one.
But I do want it to be known here that the tb alliance are not returning items. Even to those who have not raided spawns.

Have a nice day.

C

CatLord

Re: Return Policy

Warren Knox:
Darkwood Suit... leggings, gloves, helmet.

Iron Banana:
Bow.

Alliance:
please read the hacked thread... and add the number of lost suits.

I am truly sorry you lost your precious kryss...
My heart bleeds and in the background you can hear the wailing of one thousand banshees... (somewhere in the corner, some harpies are singing... just for context sake)

Don't feel bad that less than a handfull of CIA just wrecked your guild... (I recently learnt that word)... wrecked... very handy in pvp scenarios.

Have a very good day...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Warren Knox:

Iron Banana:
Bow.

Alliance:

My heart bleeds and in the background you can hear the wailing of one thousand banshees... (somewhere in the corner, some harpies are singing... just for context sake)

Don't feel bad that less than a handfull of CIA just wrecked your guild... (I recently learnt that word)... wrecked... very handy in pvp scenarios.

Have a very good day...
That's all I wanted to know.

T

Turles

well its already known the tb ally doesnt stand by anything they say.

C

CatLord

Glad I could help...

how was it?

GIVE them nothing but take from them everything!!!!

The Alliance survived with this axe over our heads... that items would not be returned... and were not.

Now the axe fell... and it didn't hit the Alliance.

and something was...

Lost

Lost in a world, that scares me to death,
Lost in a crowd, I'm losing my breath.
Lost as a boy, lost as a man,
I need to grow up, don't think I can.

Lost as a person, can't find my way.
Lost in life, every day.
Lost in worry, who am I?
All my life, I've lived a lie.

Lost to kindness, lost to love,
Lost in a sky, like a new-born dove.
Lost in thought, which I shouldn't do,
It winds me up, I can’t get through.

Lost to comfort, all kind words,
Lost to advice, it isn't heard.
Lost to those who really care,
All these people, always there.

Lost in me, I need a break,
Lost in wonder, which road to take?
Lost in a place I don't know well,
Where are you now? There's no one to tell.

Lost here, all alone,
Lost apart from the mobile phone.
Lost still, there are no calls.
I'm struggling alone, to break these walls.

Lost in mind, lost in soul,
Lost memories, they're just a hole.
Lost family, lost mate,
Gone now, yet I'm full of hate.

Lost in a color world, and I am grey,
Lost now, for what to say,
Lost in boredom, think I'll leave.
There's a lot in life I need to achieve.

Dan Brown

C

CatLord

well its already known the tb ally doesnt stand by anything they say.

Regarding your guild... I'll do my best to uphold honor and justice.
I'll pancake too...
You returned that yumi... our gratitude has no limits.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Pitr stop posting poetry or you're gonna end up back on ignore.
You know I had nothing to do with any suits being dropped... and certainly Valarian had nothing to do with it, whos bow I was attempting to get back.

Everyone that has come to Devin or I recently has had their items returned though.
Now that I see what the policy actually is, well, thank you for the information. My guild/alliance will be informed of the new policy.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

GIVE them nothing but take from them everything!!!!

The Alliance survived with this axe over our heads... that items would not be returned... and were not.

Now the axe fell... and it didn't hit the Alliance.
Do you honestly believe that's OK?

That kind of behavior would have gotten anyone kicked from your alliance a year ago.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I can't speak for anyone else... But there have been many many many times I have looted gear, jewelry, hell even one time a nice rare item, and I always gave it back if the person asked for it. Did I have to? No.. not really. Did I want to? At some times.. no, not really. But I did anyways just because that's the type of person I am and its the kind thing to do.

I have given stuff back to people I don't particularly like, and people I don't know. Like 6 months ago I think there were 3 GRI at a fel idoc... this girl kept coming back over and over and over again. SO I killed her over, and over, and over, again. Till she finally dropped a nice taming bracelet.. She came charging up to me spamming wait, then asked for it back. I had already put it on the ground for her...

Now on the reverse side I have lost a lot of things that were never returned to me, but I do not use that to justify a cold heart towards someone else. No matter how hard you try to justify a evil mean act by saying its a righteous vengeful act.. it just doesn't wash. We are all REAL people with different lives, sorrows, dreams, needs, and its just outrageous how much this game can make people lose sight of that and start treating others like scum.

In real life I consider myself to be a very kind, giving, gentle person. I'm a mommy, a boss, a daughter, a fiance, a sister, but in a game I can be whatever I want right? So I chose a chaotic neutral role where I enjoy pvp, and enjoy a healthy balance of good and evil in my role... and next thing you know I have people telling me I'm evil irl and a bad person... and untrustworthy, and they hope I die irl, and all kinds of other crazy crap that just makes me say.. "ummmm.. OK?"

STOP FORGETTING THAT THIS IS A GAME!

I'm just so sick of this stupid drama and the finger pointing and the whining... damn people just give it a rest and enjoy the damn game how you want to and let others do the same. There's no point in continuing this saga of who's the more popular kid in school, or who's right and who's wrong, or who can dig up the most dirt on different guilds going back as far as 5 damn years....

Really? Just give it a rest...

C

CatLord

GIVE them nothing but take from them everything!!!

In my plan of becoming the next Catskils Evil OverLord... I have to become really Evil, wicked, conniving and underhanded---

It is time to work on that aspect of gameplay... and join the Crimson Alliance.

On a serious note...
No clue who got the kryss... you guys didn't fight DRI... I was in vent with all of them.
If you read the post style until December... the main message was... GRI go to Trammel or we take your suits or GRI go to Trammel this isn't your place...
Now your raiding guild got beaten over and over... and your members are resigning...
So now you want compassion when you gave none... please remember the EM event... the number of RKs... when was that just a game?
Being the underdog hurts?
I honestly don't give a damn...

For two years it went on and on... now you are being annihilated. On the field, on the economical side, no clue if our shadows caught anyone scripting from your guild...

The carebears are in Felucca.

The best the NME GM could came up after having all of her guild killed in Despise by a few members of TB that aren't in DRI was... we took a kryss and we have a bow... we, DRI... we that not even fought them... no wonder your members are leaving. Battles are won by tactics and training, wisdom and farsight...

If it makes it simple for you to believe people get corrupted because they are many... go for it.

and Farsight, if you knew me by now... you would have read the hidden irony in my post.

I'm having a blast on this side... we had people threatning to hack our items so we would not come to Felucca, even last night we saw something very fishy that EA "says" they are investigating... your guilds, the raiding guilds, used all weapons to stop us... and now you come to Stratics saying that the drama should stop and all is nothing but a game?
I think you all should have seen this coming... how long can you hold the vast majority of the playerbase in fear? How long can you prevent the vast majority of the playerbase to become aware and decide to fight back?

It is over you know?
No more confortable Fel Idocs under the protection of pkers.
No more quiet spawns only to stop them to go raid the newbs and then go back at it.
No more selling the blood scrolls/arties.
and for the scripters... an average number of 4 scripters vanishing from Catskills is a good average.

I don't speak for the Circle Alliance and I don't speak for the TB Alliance... but I do speak for myself... and people listen because they know I have nothing to profit, no hidden goals, no political agenda... my fight is simple.

Destroy the raiders, destroy the power/stat scroll market and give them Hell.

I do love rping my TormTar, my quiet hunter, my Meer... and staying in character can be very amusing...

Walking the Straight and the Narrow both in character and in player was a great challenge for the past 12 years... I found many true friends, people I do enjoy spending my quiet time with... it also gave me a Strong sense of Justice.

So I can only say...

You will go Down.

(who said we don't have a pvp thread?)

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just sayin. There have been many a time that a member of an opposing guild has dropped an item or a whole suit even. I make it a personal goal of mine to get everything returned. (people who have known me for a good while have seen me return things from a 100k ember staff to a 100+ million gp suit)

on to the present....

The two items lost were offered to be sold back... REALLY?? Are people still that broke in game that they are asking 3million gp for an imbued bow to be returned?

I see all this "we lost stuff years ago and it was never returned". I see your point, but at the same time, things change. People change. Guild leadership changes. Years ago, NmE was under different management.

So what I guess I'm saying is... You and your alliance are going to throw out a pretty much game wide tradition of returning items, because of a few year old grudge? Tell me something. How are your members going to feel when it happens to them? What will they have to say when your petty grudges end up costing them a suit, or a treasured item, or something they have worked hard to get?

What are you going to say to them? "sorry, maybe if we were not so hard headed, we could have gotten your stuff back"

just sayin

C

CatLord

Nah... trying to contact the TB that took the items and working really hard to get them back...

I just like to make Flutter mad. :gee:

However, The player that got hurt the most was warren knox (no clue who he is) but I dont see any effort to say...

"Hey we have his three darkwood pieces that went uninsured!"

About the return policy... we, in the Alliance, will ALWAYS return what we find...

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=167110

... but don't say we took stuff when we did not.

That stuff we'll keep. (and that was the irony of my previous post)

Warren Knox:

Iron Banana:
Bow.

Alliance:

Have a very good day...

So you see... I never mention the policy... I only posted who lost items and when... and that I was sorry for her loss... and that they got wrecked.

Getting Flutter's reply...

It is so easy to twist perceptions with some carefully placed sentences, isn't it?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podolak's Return Policy

There has been some issues of late regarding the return of lost items. I would like to extend this offer to all of my/our foes:

If any foe loses an item and a ransom is requested for it, I will pay said ransom. If the return of the item is blatantly refused, I will reimburse for the cost of the item.

This policy will be in effect for items looted by members of the following guilds:

GRI
DRI^
DUSK
DUTY
FURY

Thank you,

~Podolak

Addendum: This policy will be in effect regardless if it is to someone who looted items from me and refused their return.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pitr. Those darkwood pieces will be returned. And if I can't locate them, I will personally offer the money to replace the whole suit.

You should have my icq. If not it's 246780793

if you guys could get me in contact with the guy that lost the items that would be wonderful.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Podolak's Return Policy

I too am keeping an open return policy for all guilds. There are only certain people that have time and time again proven to be shady in such a manner that if anything is dropped by them , they will get it back, but only in it's raw material state.

I am after all, only human. But I promise, one persons greed/attitude/jerkoffness, will not affect the guild/alliance/or company they keep.

C

CatLord

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pitr. Those darkwood pieces will be returned. And if I can't locate them, I will personally offer the money to replace the whole suit.

You should have my icq. If not it's 246780793

if you guys could get me in contact with the guy that lost the items that would be wonderful.
I witnessed when Warren Knox's suit fel but I did not see exactly who looted the few pieces. Warren is in the guild [EV!L] and is unkown to me. I saw Area[TNK] take him to a bank and get him some temporary armor to use. It is possible that Area obtained contact information from Warren, if so I will query them later and find out. If I do get an ICQ number I will pass it along. Thank you Al,

~Podolak

C

CatLord

Black Magik and Kasimir did the X e-Fields on Warren Knox outside the G zone...

Black Magik was the only one on the corpse...

That is what I saw...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did not catch who cast the e-fields and did not think to check my logs but yes I did see the corpse of Warren in the cross field.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I do remember this now :) black got 2 pieces I believe I will try to contact him tonight. Like I said. The items will be returned or paid for in full.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you Al, I will do my best to find out a way to contact this person.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It is so easy to twist perceptions with some carefully placed sentences, isn't it?
Yes thats what your good at... why after reading your last post on uo fourms that i had these evil plans to use GRI as meat shields*i asked Adam to delete my account*

Well then I guess no return policy from this point on. and that ring will be my last return.. So i truly hope nobody loses anything really important ,there are more of you in Alliance to lose out then us...

C

Corvak

angry thread is angry, heheh.

I don't go to fel much, largely because of the drama (and my own incompetence!) but regardless of guild, if someone lost something due to a bug, I wouldn't keep it if I got it.

C

CatLord

Karma is not punishment or retribution but simply an extended expression or consequence of natural acts. Karma means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction that governs all life. The effects experienced are also able to be mitigated by actions and are not necessarily fated. That is to say, a particular action now is not binding to some particular, pre-determined future experience or reaction; it is not a simple, one-to-one correspondence of reward or punishment.

Karma is not fate, for humans act with free will creating their own destiny. According to the Vedas, if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their concomitant reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future. The conquest of karma lies in intelligent action and dispassionate response.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

angry thread is angry, heheh.

I don't go to fel much, largely because of the drama (and my own incompetence!) but regardless of guild, if someone lost something due to a bug, I wouldn't keep it if I got it.
This is my feeling on the matter as well and for all the same reasons... mainly my own incompetence! :stretcher:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If I ever return to this horrible waste-of-time game here is my policy:

If I screw up bad enough to lose an item, I won't bother asking for it back. You won.

If you lose an item and ask for it back, I will run with that grief opportunity as long as you let me.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lynk,

I always saw you as a competent PVPer and a wealth of knowledge, I hope someday you do return to UO. If we are lucky it will be to Catskills, skilled foes are always welcome in my book.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well, I may as well chime in here....

I wrote a post several months ago after a bracelet of mine was looted at a Harrower. Being the sub-par PVPer that I am, as soon as I died I logged out and got on another character to rejoin the fight.... Only MUCH later after the Harry was finished did I notice my brace was gone. I posted on here about it and would happily pay for it's return.

Al was one for sure that I remember saying he'd MAKE me a replacement, and at that point, I didn't even know who AL WAS.....

As it turned out, Nystul had the brace and got it back to me promptly. There was an attempt to say he only did this because of WHO I am, but I can honestly say I've seen items returned before to a wide variety of people as the before mentioned "longstanding tradition" in this game.

I said it then, and I'll repeat now. If we don't respect everyone, EVEN our enemies, people will eventually leave this game because of harm done to them. I know of quite a few that have left over lesser things than looted pvp gear. I can not and do not speak for the faction guild I am in, but can only control what happens with the guild I am GM of. Our policy is to return items to the original owner IF they can be located... There are alot of new faces out there so this can be challenging sometimes.

I am in True Brits, so there may be some "guilt by association" with whomever decides to keep looted gear, but it won't be my crew that does that.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes thats what your good at... why after reading your last post on uo fourms that i had these evil plans to use GRI as meat shields*i asked Adam to delete my account*

Well then I guess no return policy from this point on. and that ring will be my last return.. So i truly hope nobody loses anything really important ,there are more of you in Alliance to lose out then us...
Odd, I've never seen you post on UOForums. There are many discussions there that should have been of interest to you. I'm very sorry to hear that you've resigned from those boards. I would have welcomed the chance to read your posts on another forum.

You say Pitr posted that "(you, Devin) had these evil plans to use GRI as meat shields." I searched UOForums and couldn't find anything like that. I'll do some more research in a few.

Copy and paste is generally a good idea when you're trying to make a point about what someone else said on the boards.

Don't use these recent mishaps to justify a no-return policy on items. As far as I'm aware, it's been unclear who took what. People are trying to investigate and I see some headway's being made. I definitely see good faith efforts to find the items and get them returned. I'd recommend giving the process some time before you declare an escalation of conflict.

PS. Pitr, irony, while delicious, may not be communicated so well in posts. Readers seem often to misunderstand and take literally what you intend as irony. Some need the accompanying audio-visual clues to get it. You need to have developed an "ear" for irony to identify it in written text. :)
here you go... also for the future while this posts is sometime last year I was never gm of db4 Never had any evil Plan I used to like GRI, but when Pitr decided we were of no use for him and joined our enemy you became mine
Re: Hacked Accounts (Xander Incident)
11th July 09

Calina message that Devin is talking about:

Calina (22:57) :
So Nystul has decided to sell the Zoo Hall for 600m to BBs Club... with all the Zoo Groups library and items in it. Although our agreement had been to keep it in guild and try to preserve for the Zoo, this was not honored. I'm so sorry for my lapse in judgement and that it has damaged what the Zoo Group had accomplished.

I did mass message it.

17th July 09

Enemy Profiles FYI...
Story so far...

Context:

Devin plan was to USE our numbers to pull some spawners and meatshields into DB4... when that failed (thanks to Mathena giving a whooping to a raiding red that was called by the first party to prove we needed help) she joined NME.

First our spawners were told to enjoy Felluca... but when it was understood there was no control over them... the speech soon changed to... "be careful, you might be raided". When that failed and the reds were destroyed there was no turning back, but full war and raiding.
(all of this can be documented by our spawners)

So currently we're spawning using the guild FATE (allied to D|R) and we pvp with DOOM and DRI (the first allied to D|R*)...

Our numbers added to D|R can prevent any raid... and we're working on finding new friends so the community can enjoy public spawns and Harrowers.

The Drama:

Calina sent me a message (above).
I mass sent it to everyone.
For some reason Devin thinks this was an attack towards her (is she the BBs Club?)
Then there was a modified icq log you can find at the DB4 boards (prolly an effort to attack me... fail)
After that it grew out of proportion because I refused to argue and simply put them all on ignore and banned them from my houses.
So they went after the guildmates... which added them to ignore and called the gms a few times.
And now she is after me again... and you all keep quiet because I found her first...

Current Status:
- they are still ignored and slowly showing their nature.
- we're allied to Calina, D|R and D|R*.
- we allied close to +70% of the Trammel population.

Their fear...
- that we decide to take Felluca back to the community... and right now we have the numbers and the knowledge to do it. (they run one of the three raiding guilds that try to control Felluca)

When will this be over...

The day we have the first Community Harrower and the community becomes strong enough to spawn safely... then...

We won.

I love History...

ORIGIN - Ultima Online - MyUO Character Pages

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I spoke with Area (he who helped out Warren Knox last night). Apparently Area replaced his Bloodwood suit himself. Area said if I could get him the pieces back he'd love it, if not its cool to. His exact last words on the subject:

"i was help out so much when i started all i can do is return the good fortune"

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, I may as well chime in here....

I wrote a post several months ago after a bracelet of mine was looted at a Harrower. Being the sub-par PVPer that I am, as soon as I died I logged out and got on another character to rejoin the fight.... Only MUCH later after the Harry was finished did I notice my brace was gone. I posted on here about it and would happily pay for it's return.

Al was one for sure that I remember saying he'd MAKE me a replacement, and at that point, I didn't even know who AL WAS.....

As it turned out, Nystul had the brace and got it back to me promptly. There was an attempt to say he only did this because of WHO I am, but I can honestly say I've seen items returned before to a wide variety of people as the before mentioned "longstanding tradition" in this game.

I said it then, and I'll repeat now. If we don't respect everyone, EVEN our enemies, people will eventually leave this game because of harm done to them. I know of quite a few that have left over lesser things than looted pvp gear. I can not and do not speak for the faction guild I am in, but can only control what happens with the guild I am GM of. Our policy is to return items to the original owner IF they can be located... There are alot of new faces out there so this can be challenging sometimes.

I am in True Brits, so there may be some "guilt by association" with whomever decides to keep looted gear, but it won't be my crew that does that.
I try to make sure people aren't "f'd over" I don't care if i've never even seen you in game, I will make your game experience the best I can.

I have personally had a lot of insurance mishaps and dropped items. I know how bad it sucks to search long and hard for that certain pair of sleeves, forget to insure them, and then have said sleeves locked down on the steps of a yew house for years. I will NOT be "that guy" and as I have recently become an Emmy for NmE, I'm making it a personal goal to bring our name off the list of a group of "those people".

Like I have said before, there is no reason to keep something that belongs to someone else. Even if it's a high dollar item, if I can't track it down for return, I'll dip into my personal funds to make sure it's replaced.

That being said, I know there are some items that can't be matched exactly if they aren't returned, but I'll try my damndest.

Now if only we could clean up the rest of the riff raff on the shard, it might be a fun place to call home again.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Al,

I want you to know your efforts have not gone un-noticed. It would be a better world if more of my foes were as honorable as you.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I spoke with Area (he who helped out Warren Knox last night). Apparently Area replaced his Bloodwood suit himself. Area said if I could get him the pieces back he'd love it, if not its cool to. His exact last words on the subject:

If u could, have area contact me, we have a full darkwood suit lined up for him for his good will. ( thanks to flutter )

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

If u could, have area contact me, we have a full darkwood suit lined up for him for his good will. ( thanks to flutter )
Sorry I haven't been on to participate further with the trashing of Flutter in this thread. I was at the doctors most of the morning and asleep through most of the day. I've got the flu and am feeling fairly miserable, as I was for the big raid last night.

Regardless, Yes I paid for the kryss. I did so because it is a kryss that someone is letting me use and is not *mine*.
The person's bow has been replaced and not paid for as requested by the TB who looted it.

As far as the darkwood suit, I have little knowledge since I was pretty out of it, but Al here has told me that someone dropped a few pieces of his suit that apparently got looted by my people.
I happen to have a full suit I am willing to give to the person who lost his.
No one came to me in the first place to let me know they had lost anything. My ICQ is public knowledge. The person will get his suit back.
Next time just ask.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

*Starts to prepare some ebil chicken noodle soup*

C

CatLord

Get well fast... and you have a great second in command! :thumbup1:

Please PM me the name of the TB(s) that is asking for payment...

and again... FAST RECOVERY!

I want to take you down but just inchar... so please get your health back so we can go back to our ingame friction...

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Odd, I've never seen you post on UOForums. There are many discussions there that should have been of interest to you. I'm very sorry to hear that you've resigned from those boards. I would have welcomed the chance to read your posts on another forum.

You say Pitr posted that "(you, Devin) had these evil plans to use GRI as meat shields." I searched UOForums and couldn't find anything like that. I'll do some more research in a few.

Copy and paste is generally a good idea when you're trying to make a point about what someone else said on the boards.

Don't use these recent mishaps to justify a no-return policy on items. As far as I'm aware, it's been unclear who took what. People are trying to investigate and I see some headway's being made. I definitely see good faith efforts to find the items and get them returned. I'd recommend giving the process some time before you declare an escalation of conflict.

PS. Pitr, irony, while delicious, may not be communicated so well in posts. Readers seem often to misunderstand and take literally what you intend as irony. Some need the accompanying audio-visual clues to get it. You need to have developed an "ear" for irony to identify it in written text. :)
here you go... also for the future while this posts is sometime last year I was never gm of db4 Never had any evil Plan I used to like GRI, but when Pitr decided we were of no use for him and joined our enemy you became mine
Re: Hacked Accounts (Xander Incident)
11th July 09

Calina message that Devin is talking about:

Calina (22:57) :
So Nystul has decided to sell the Zoo Hall for 600m to BBs Club... with all the Zoo Groups library and items in it. Although our agreement had been to keep it in guild and try to preserve for the Zoo, this was not honored. I'm so sorry for my lapse in judgement and that it has damaged what the Zoo Group had accomplished.

I did mass message it.

17th July 09

Enemy Profiles FYI...
Story so far...

Context:

Devin plan was to USE our numbers to pull some spawners and meatshields into DB4... when that failed (thanks to Mathena giving a whooping to a raiding red that was called by the first party to prove we needed help) she joined NME.

First our spawners were told to enjoy Felluca... but when it was understood there was no control over them... the speech soon changed to... "be careful, you might be raided". When that failed and the reds were destroyed there was no turning back, but full war and raiding.
(all of this can be documented by our spawners)

So currently we're spawning using the guild FATE (allied to D|R) and we pvp with DOOM and DRI (the first allied to D|R*)...

Our numbers added to D|R can prevent any raid... and we're working on finding new friends so the community can enjoy public spawns and Harrowers.

The Drama:

Calina sent me a message (above).
I mass sent it to everyone.
For some reason Devin thinks this was an attack towards her (is she the BBs Club?)
Then there was a modified icq log you can find at the DB4 boards (prolly an effort to attack me... fail)
After that it grew out of proportion because I refused to argue and simply put them all on ignore and banned them from my houses.
So they went after the guildmates... which added them to ignore and called the gms a few times.
And now she is after me again... and you all keep quiet because I found her first...

Current Status:
- they are still ignored and slowly showing their nature.
- we're allied to Calina, D|R and D|R*.
- we allied close to +70% of the Trammel population.

Their fear...
- that we decide to take Felluca back to the community... and right now we have the numbers and the knowledge to do it. (they run one of the three raiding guilds that try to control Felluca)

When will this be over...

The day we have the first Community Harrower and the community becomes strong enough to spawn safely... then...

We won.

I love History...

ORIGIN - Ultima Online - MyUO Character Pages
Thank you for coming back with the original quotation. I appreciate that. I'm sorry that comment made you decide to resign from the entire board. You might have benefited by staying on and posting a rebuttal if you felt Pitr was being unfair or inaccurate.

Pitr's comment:
"Devin plan was to USE our numbers to pull some spawners and meatshields into DB4."

Your interpretation:
"...after reading (Pitr's) last post on uo fourms that i had these evil plans to use GRI as meat shields*i asked Adam to delete my account*"

Can you see how your interpretation differs from what Pitr actually said?

It's unfortunate that you justify your animosity toward GRI and its allies by pointing to the bad blood between you and Pitr. It's that sad tendency of many of us to take a dispute with one person and extend it automatically to his or her entire group - the same problem we see here regarding the recently lost items. In general, that behavior is called prejudice.
Sorry was more then one that was shady was the way gri took back the yew house from a mutual friend of ours from me... And I deleted it because from this moment on I could careless what lies pitr spreads about me and how you all think of me because of him and refuse to play into his type of game

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

You know, it's really hard to talk my guys into giving stuff back when we aren't getting stuff back too.

Just so you know.

Valarian dropped a ring tonight. Instead of offering to give it back we got presented with a lot of smack talk instead.

Now my guys want to know why I keep making them give things back.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*fights against the thread derailers*

Well another item was dropped tonight d/t the new insurance mess ups

shep attained a ring from valerian that I just made him last night

5ssi
7mana inc
7int bonus
7lmc
100luck

hopefully shep has beeen reading this thread (he isn't responding to icq)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't know that Shep reads these forums anymore but I too will ICQ him. He is under no obligation to respond to me either but I will certainly try. If I am unsuccessful I will cover the cost of materials, how does one get ssi on a ring anyhow?

Al, do you have ICQ? My number is 795598, please add me.

Flutter my friend, I hope very much you get better. I had the Flu for darn near three weeks back in November, my little one had it even longer. It is never a good time and I wish you a speedy recovery.

In response to:

You know, it's really hard to talk my guys into giving stuff back when we aren't getting stuff back too.

Just so you know.

Valarian dropped a ring tonight. Instead of offering to give it back we got presented with a lot of smack talk instead.

Now my guys want to know why I keep making them give things back.
Please see this.

Shep is not in any of the guilds I listed but he does have a guild allied to GRI. As stated above I will try and get the ring back or cover the cost.

Again, get better soon!

P.S. I know Pitr was using a bit of satire earlier but I do so hope that you do not feel trashed. You are a valuable asset to Catskills and I hope you stick around through our joint craziness.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just an update to the crazyness that is insurance mishaps..

the two that were present when the bow and kryss were looted were

KoRnUtz and VENDETTA (both CIA! members)

the kryss was sold back... and the bow was remade for valerian..

Valerian's ring is in the process of being remade as well (expencive little buggers :sad2:)

another update...

one of the people that i stated before (one that ill never return items to) lost his suit (BJ Penn) there is a no return policy in effect for this person d/t the fact that he completely looted an NmE members account.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Fyi BJ Penn was on his George St-Pierre character at the time.
We know his characters because he is former NME.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

La belle, that's basically the point I'm trying to convey. I have been guilty of charging a whole entity for one being's actions. Every day I strive to better myself tho.

Although Shep refuses to return the ring he looted, and was gloating about it, I will be the first to volunteer my services/time/money if he were to be on the other end of the stick. (that's just the kind of person I am. I work in EMS and if I were to judge every patient by their one screw up, I would not be in the emergency medical field for long)

I guess what I'm saying is that, just because you try to be a jerk every chance you get doesn't mean you won't need help, and when you DO need help, kindness burns hotter from an enemy than a friend.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Although Shep refuses to return the ring he looted, and was gloating about it, I will be the first to volunteer my services/time/money if he were to be on the other end of the stick. (that's just the kind of person I am. I work in EMS and if I were to judge every patient by their one screw up, I would not be in the emergency medical field for long)
I've pretty much got the ring done, I'll let you check it out when you get home. Price was 5.5M out of the guild fund for the tourmaline. The rest of the resources were donated by myself and Devin Ashley.

I still haven't heard any word regarding the darkwood suit. I spoke to magik who said he gave the item he looted back?
Regardless, I have boxed up mine to donate to whoever seems to have lost it. I'll let you handle that since I was incoherent at the time it happened (LOL).

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I can't speak for anyone else... But there have been many many many times I have looted gear, jewelry, hell even one time a nice rare item, and I always gave it back if the person asked for it. Did I have to? No.. not really. Did I want to? At some times.. no, not really. But I did anyways just because that's the type of person I am and its the kind thing to do.

I have given stuff back to people I don't particularly like, and people I don't know. Like 6 months ago I think there were 3 GRI at a fel idoc... this girl kept coming back over and over and over again. SO I killed her over, and over, and over, again. Till she finally dropped a nice taming bracelet.. She came charging up to me spamming wait, then asked for it back. I had already put it on the ground for her...

Now on the reverse side I have lost a lot of things that were never returned to me, but I do not use that to justify a cold heart towards someone else. No matter how hard you try to justify a evil mean act by saying its a righteous vengeful act.. it just doesn't wash. We are all REAL people with different lives, sorrows, dreams, needs, and its just outrageous how much this game can make people lose sight of that and start treating others like scum.

In real life I consider myself to be a very kind, giving, gentle person. I'm a mommy, a boss, a daughter, a fiance, a sister, but in a game I can be whatever I want right? So I chose a chaotic neutral role where I enjoy pvp, and enjoy a healthy balance of good and evil in my role... and next thing you know I have people telling me I'm evil irl and a bad person... and untrustworthy, and they hope I die irl, and all kinds of other crazy crap that just makes me say.. "ummmm.. OK?"

STOP FORGETTING THAT THIS IS A GAME!

I'm just so sick of this stupid drama and the finger pointing and the whining... damn people just give it a rest and enjoy the damn game how you want to and let others do the same. There's no point in continuing this saga of who's the more popular kid in school, or who's right and who's wrong, or who can dig up the most dirt on different guilds going back as far as 5 damn years....

Really? Just give it a rest...
Games are a part of the totality of experience we call "real life," not separate and distinct. Games and real life don't function separately in hermetically sealed compartments. Games mirror, reinforce and teach behavior in the greater circle of life; the greater circle of life mirrors, reinforces, and teaches behavior in games.

Be careful of your choice of alignment in either.

"If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Please refer back to CatLord's exquisitely accurate discussion of karma.

If I wanted a quiet life on UO, without stress and drama and smack talk where everyone just gets along, I wouldn't choose an alliance with NmE and I wouldn't take up PvP. I'd stay in Trammel and craft. Knowing UO culture, did you really believe you weren't going to wade into controversy?

Likewise, if I wanted a quite life offline, I wouldn't join a street gang.

About the IDOC: do you mean the "IDOC" aka the adjacent friend's home three of us were trying to visit but were PK'd by you and Flutter?

If not - kindly disregard what I'm going to say.

If so, I never heard that either of my friends had anything returned. On the contrary, a lot of their equipment somehow came uninsured and they lost all of that. Since you say you left a taming jewel on the ground, perhaps it got overlooked amid all the dying and rezzing? While your attempt to return the taming jewel would have been a nice gesture, perhaps next time you'd consider not PKing a small group of blues who had zero interest in your Fel activities.
I don't have a lot of time to put much effort into this response.. but I will touch base on a few things...

I joined an alliance to NmE because of a few reasons...

1. Flutter is hot
2. Flutter is my friend
3. I like pvp
4. I like hanging out with COOL people.
5. When I was in TB, any encounter I had with NmE was honorable. They always treated me with kindness and respect even when killing me on a dozen occasions.
6. I did not agree with the course TB was taking in fel.
and 7. Flutter is hot!!

So did I think this would not involve drama coming my way? No I knew it would, but there no escaping drama in this game. I don't have fun crafting, I have fun pvping and doing idocs and its a sad thing that so much drama is involved due to small minded, needy, easily offended people.

Regarding idocs... Do you realize I attend more then 10 idocs a week? On all facets... Stop presuming that anytime I speak of a idoc its the ONE you were at. The scenario I shared didn't involve you at all.. AND at the idoc you were at, I was the one who placed that keep and respectfully sold it to your friend.

Games do not always mirror who we are irl, And just because I'm allied to people you consider to be "foes" doesn't make me a bad person. I always treat people with kindness and respect in fel even when killing them.. and in my free time I try to plan fun events for the community. This GAME takes up maybe 15 hours a week of my life.. Its something I do for entertainment.. not something I live for or something that effects me when dealing with my work, children, friends or otherwise. This might not be true for people who spend 15+ hours a day on it. But it holds true to me.

And if you want to get down to good guys and bad guys... I have not observed anyone from my alliance blasting peoples real life information daily over general chat. Or spew the vile insults and belittlement's that I see on a daily basis from your alliance. Don't believe me? Spend a day chilling in general chat... Try to justify that...

Anyways... back to playing THE GAME!!

Cya out there.