• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The End of the Circle

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The snow outside was as pure as a vestal virgin...no sigh of any bodies.

He stood there for what seemed like an hour just staring out into the frozen wasteland. The cold invaded his being, but he paid it no mind whatsoever.

His mind began to wander...back, back to a different time...when he had first met her. When he had first met Morgana LeFay.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The armor felt very strange, and heavy...but he knew that it was necessary. He mounted his horse, and rode out into the couryard.

His father looked upon him with both pride and fear.

"Anasazi, my son, must you do this?" he asked.

"Father, my time has come...I must go forth into the world and find my own fortune!" he answered.

"Son, please, listen to me...the world, it is...changing...you should remain here with your mother and me" the old man replied.

Anasazi was but a seventeen year old buck, and he was headstrong, and ready to face the world.

"I am sorry father, but I must go forth, and find my destiny" he replied.

The old man said nothing, and turned and walked back into his house.

It was that image of his father's back that he carried to this day...and once again, the snow was coming down all around them.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Weeks had passed, and Anasazi was not doing so well.

He had journeyed out into the frozen waste, but he had no idea of what awaited him.

His food stores had run out, and so had his patience.

The day in question was an icy mess, there had been freezing rain in the morning, followed by sleet in the afternoon, only to give way to snow in the evening, and Anasazi had no more use for it.

He was cowering under his horse, which was freezing to death, when he heard hoofsteps.

"He.......Hey! Wh....Who goes there?" he managed.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Now look at this pathetic scrap", he heard in the blinding snow and howling wind.

"Hey...who is there?! Show yourself!" he demanded.

"I think not..." a voice laughed, and he could detect another.

Something told Anasazi he was in trouble.

The whirling blizzard around him was disorienting, and he never saw the attackers...but what he did see was a few dark shapes, and a couple of flashes of lightning...accompanied by the thunderous hoof falls of horses.

A few moments later, he was peering into the face of grinning girl...no, a young woman...who was reaching out to help him up.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Who are you?" he asked...feeling the cold cutting off the feeling in his feet and lower legs.

"Just a friend!" she shouted above the din of the storm. "What the hell are you doing out here in this mess?!"

"I...um...was..." is all he managed.

"Come on, get up!! We need to get inside!!!" she replied.

Needless to say, he obliged...pulling his horse behind him.

The blizzard had turned into a complete white-out, and the temperature had dropped twenty degrees.

Well, I am going to die Anasazi thought, as he lost feeling up to his knees and elbows.

He was doing his best to keep up with this woman...but he was falling behind.

"Hey! Don't you give up on me!!!' he heard as he fell face first into the snow.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The smell of tea brewing is what brought him to.

Is that...darjeeling? he thought through the cloudy hazy his mind had become.

"He lives!" he heard as he managed to sit upright.

"Whe...where am I?" he sputtered.

"Just relax" a soothing voice said to him. "You are in a safe place."

The warmth surrounded him like the rushing waters of a flood, and suddenly, he felt something he hadn't felt in a long while...a sense of comfort.

As his eyes adjusted to the dim light of the room, he saw a stone fireplace, and armor clad warriors scurrying here and there...and then, his eyes fixed upon the most beautiful sight he had ever seen. A raven haired angel hovering just above him, smiling.

"What's your name?" the angel spoke.

"Anas...Anasazi" he replied in a quazi stupor.

"Well Anasazi, you are very lucky that we found you before you froze to death" she spoke with a slight laugh. "Are you warm enough?"

"Y...yes...ma'am" is all he managed.

"Very good" she said..."please, take some rest. It looks as though you need it."

And with that he drifted off into a land of strange dreams...

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The morning was crisp as the cold air in his nostrils caused him to awaken.

Too cold he thought as he gathered the quilts around him.

It was still dark.

His eyes scanned the room, seeing next to nothing.

His mind reeled...where was he?

He remembered vague images of being on his horse when the snow squalls hit, and he remembered the warmth and the smell of tea, but mostly...he remembered the angelic face of the raven haired woman that had saved him.

His first instict was to find his sword and to make his way out of the dark and warm cocoon that he found himself wrapped in...but, his caution gave way to exhaustion.

To hell with it! If I die in the claws of a some raven haired succubus...at least I die well rested he thought to himself as he gathered the quilts around him and drifted back to sleep.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

He awoke very slowly...the room bright as the day itself, and his eyes took a great deal of time adjusting to it.

He surveyed his surroundings, and found himself lodged in a small but well appointed bedroom. As he looked around, he saw his clothes, his armor, and his belongings hanging on various pieces of nice, but modest furniture about the room.

Still too cold he thought to himself as he retreated partly under the quilts. But he was no longer tired. Now he was growing a bit concerned, because he actually had no idea where he was.

Another cursory examination of the room revealed to him that he was in a stone structure, and that there was a fire place in the room, with a fire that was all but dead. There was also a small stack of wood next to the fireplace.

This was all the motivation he needed to brave the chilling cold and leave the sanctuary of the quilts.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

As he piled a few logs on to the dying fire, he heard a knocking at the door.

Oh...right... he thought, as the realization came to him that he was indeed in the home of a stranger.

He paused through the second knock, trying to decide if he should arm himself or say come in. But before he could make up his mind, the door began to open.

"Ummm...please..." is all he managed before he was looking into the face of an incredibly beautiful young woman.

The young redhead regarded him for a moment or two, and then spoke, "You...I mean, um, you are..." was all she got out before Anasazi realized that his robe was open.

Suddenly he was no longer cold, burning with embarassment.

Turning his back, he quickly fastened the robe..."My apologies!"

He heard a slight snicker, and then "Not a problem. We were just checking in on you to make sure that you were comfortable."

He was beside himself, and could not for his life remember how he had gotten into the robe, or the bed, in the first place.

"I am...I mean, I am not...well, I..." he stammered.

"Please, take a few moments and gather yourself. Morgana would like to see you downstairs when you are feeling well enough" the young redhead said.

He turned to face her, but the door was already closed.

Brilliant. Just bloody brilliant. he thought.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Downstairs, he found a very busy scene. There were young warriors and wizards scurrying about, and the entrance hall to the tower was littered with wet boots and coats.

He surveyed his surroundings, and made his way into what he was pretty sure was the dinning room. His insticts were correct, and there were at least two dozen people eating at a large table. The room was warm, as the large stone fireplace radiated heat. The smell of freshly cooked bacon and cooling bread filled the great dining hall. For a moment, he was in heaven.

"Greetings mi'lord!" a young warrior said to him, snapping him out of his daze.

"Hello...um, greetings to you" he replied. The young man had a broad smile across his face.

Anasazi had grown up in a very formal household. His father was a wealthy land owner, and his mother was well placed in society. It was on rare occassions that he had seen such friendliness and comradery in his days. A few times, his father had taken him to a hunting lodge, where the local aristocrats met and drank ale, but this...this was different. This was like a family breakfast on a holiday.

He spent several minutes just soaking in the atomosphere of it all.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"It would seem our guest has decided to join us!" he heard, turning to see whom had said it.

There she was, the raven haired angel that had saved him from freezing to death.

He mustered up his courage, but there was something about this woman that reduced him to a quivering mess.

"Indeed I have" he said, trying to be as smooth as possible.

"I trust the accomodations were to your liking?" she asked, as she stood and walked over to him.

Perhaps it was the environment, perhaps it was the faint smell of flapjacks cooking, perhaps he was just weak from his ordeal, but at that moment, he was smitten, completely dumbstruck by the beauty of this young and energentic woman. Her figure was slim, but still shapely, and her dark black raven locks cascaded down across her breasts. Her skin was pale, but as pure as the first snows in winter. And her eyes...her eyes were haunting. A pale, almost glowing blue, and when he looked into them, he saw something he could never explain.

"Are you okay?" she asked him.

It took him a moment, but he collected himself, and replied "Of course, I apologize, I am still a little sleepy."

"You need some food" she said, taking him by the arm. "Please, sit next to me."

She led him to an open seat next to her at the crowded breakfast table, and he sat.

Taking in the scene, he tried to listen to a few of the various conversations going on around him. People were sharing stories of battles, and of adventure, and of magic.

Something inside of him stirred. Anasazi realized that he was home.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Fresh eggs, flapjacks, hickory smoked bacon, and good company. This was all that Anasazi could have asked for on that winter's day.

The stories went on and on, the tales of valor, of virtue, and of mystic adventure were exactly what he needed.

He sat there that day in the company of the Protectors of Virtue, and he knew what he had be searching for. His quest was complete.

"Mi'Lady?" he asked of Morgana..."Might I join this guild?"

She gave him a wry look, and said "We wouldn't have saved you if we didn't think you were ready."

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It was dusk, and the guild had gathered. It was a somber affair.

Anasazi was dressed in his finest clothes, but somehow, he felt a little out of place. The rest of guild was dressed in all white, and they lined up silently in front of the Guildstone.

He proceeded down the line, nervously, towards the steps of the Guild Tower, looking left and right at the crowd that had gathered.

As he approached the stone, he saw Morgana standing there, in her white dress, wearing a garland of white flowers.

She spoke, "Anasazi Volette...please step forward."

He ascended the stairs.

"Bow" she said, with a smile.

He complied, and knelt to one knee.

"Anasazi Volette, you have chosen to join the ranks of the Protectors of Virtue. Do you swear upon your life to uphold the Virtues, as set down by our King?"

Anasazi answered "I swear."

"And do you swear to uphold the honor the Protectors of Virture?" she asked.

Anasazi answered "I swear."

"And..." she asked, "Do you understand the Oath that you are taking?

Anasazi paused for a moment, realizing that he was committing to something larger than he ever had.

"I do" he replied.

"Please rise Anasazi Volette, and approach the Guild Stone" she said.

Anasazi did as she instructed.

"Hear me, o gods of Virtue! This soul wishes to join our Guild!" she said, raising a sword high above her head. "Hear my call!!! I implore you!"

With that she trusted the sword into the very stone of the Guildstone, and then removed it.

As Anasazi looked on, he realized that his name appeared in glowing red letters on the stone.

"Anasazi Volette, the gods of virtue have approved. Welcome! Welcome to the the Protectors of Virture!" she said as she offered him her hand.

Anasazi stood, and a feeling that he could never describe overtook him.

That day, he was part of something larger than himself.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

A knock at the door snapped him out of his rememberance.

It took a moment for him to realize where he was. He looked at the front door, and wondered Now who would be calling in this mess?

As he made his way to the door, he was suddenly very aware that he was no longer as young as he once was. Of course, he already knew that, but his aching knees and back served as a poignant reminder.

"Who is there?" he said.

There was no response.

Anasazi groaned, and kept walking towards the door.

"I said WHO IS THERE?!" he repeated.

No answer.

He put his hand on the doorknob, and peered out into the snowy darkness through the peep hole...

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Ahu?!" he asked, as he turned the knob.

"Anasazi...you have to help me!" Ahu said as he stumbled across the threshold into Anasazi's villa.

It took Anasazi a moment, but he started to say, "I don't think so...you were not very..."

But then he realized that Ahu was bleeding, and that he had a very large wound...one that looked black, and unnatural.

"Ahu!" he said, as he knelt down to check on his former guildmate.

"I...I didn't know where else to go..." Ahu said. "You...are in...terrible danger!"

"What?" Anasazi asked.

"You...you...have...to flee..." Ahu replied, gasping for breath.

"Just hang on, I can help you" Anasazi said.

But he realized that Ahu was gone.

"Ahu!!" Anasazi said.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Anasazi tried and tried to resurrect Ahu. His skills in the arcane arts were failing, but he knew that it was not his skills.

He went upstairs and got some towels and some sheets.

He cleaned up the blood, and wrapped Ahu's body in a sheet.

What am I going to do with this body? he thought.

Despite the fact that Ahu had been less than courteous to him recently, he could not simply throw the body of a fellow Protector of Virtue out into the snow. He took a moment, and after considering things, he decided to drag the body into the root cellar.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"You get down from there this instant!" she said, swatting the calico cat from it's perch.

The nimble cat landed gracefully, and began grooming herself as though she had intended to be in that spot all along.

"Bad Patches!" Abigail scolded.

"What did she do?" her sister asked.

"She was on father's deer head again" the young girl replied.

Morgana laughed, sharing a glance with MoonlightMyst.

Only Moon was not laughing. Instead, she was picking at her breakfast, and looking a bit uncomfortable.

"What is it?" Morgana asked.

Moon did not answer, she just stared at her plate.

"Hey..." Morgana asked, reaching out to touch Moon's hand.

"I...I don't know...something...is, well, wrong" she replied.

"What do you mean?" Morgana asked.

"I can not explain it. I just have this feeling that we have done this, or something, before, and this is not the way it is supposed to be..." she answered.

Morgana thought about if for a moment or two, and something did seem off.

"I, I guess I know what you mean" she said. "It is almost like...we did this already, or something."

Both of the young women sat there in silence as Abigail chased the cat...as vague uneasy thoughts crept into their minds.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Anasazi awoke early. The fire was dying, and it was cold in his bedroom. He made an attempt to rise, but his aged body was simply not willing. The warmth of the blankets held him in place.

"Come on...let's do this" he said, mustering his strength for a second attempt.

But suddenly he was frozen...with fear.

He looked at the foot of the bed, and there stood Ahu. Alive.

"Ahu?" he asked in disbelief.

"Hear me Anasazi Vollette" Ahu replied, in a rather odd voice. "You are the last one. You are the final link."

Anasazi always hated Ahu's riddles and such, and in his old age, he really didn't care who knew it, including Ahu..."What now?" he spat.

"Anasazi...you are the last link to correct timeline" Ahu said, "...and you are in danger."

It took Anasazi a few moments, and he had seen numerous people resurrected fromt he dead in his time, but this seemed odd.

"Aren't you supposed to be dead?" Anasazi asked.

"I told you, I can never truly die. I am hear to assist you" Ahu replied.

"Assist me? Well, you can start by getting the hell out of here and letting me get some more sleep!" Anasazi replied.

Ahu didn't respond.

Anasazi realized in that moment, that he had never really understood exactly what Ahuaeyjnkxs really was.

A long silence was finally broken by a much more serious Anasazi...

"Okay, what is it you need me to do?"

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Ahu stood there, just looking at Anasazi, and said "You never understood any of this, did you?"

Anasazi was cold, and annoyed, and frankly too old to put up with Ahu's *$&t.

"I guess I haven't...and you know what?! I still don't understand a g*#$@!&ed word you say!"

Ahu stood there, just regarding him for a moment, and then said..."This world is tied to others. And even if the people do not know it, all of your fates are linked."

"I ... " Anasazi started... "I do not have any idea how to deal with your insane rantings. Can you honestly not go and bother someone else?"

"Of course I can, but that is not my purpose" Ahu answered.

"Oh gods..." Anasazi said. "What in the great hells am I being dragging into now?"

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grabs Stuffa by the ear*

Ignore this wee british person..
Carry on Morgana!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"In your heart, you knew that this day was coming" Ahu said.

Anasazi just sat there, his limbs growing numb in the cold...thinking.

"Okay...fine" Anasazi managed, "what do you want me to do now?"

Ahu just regarded him for a moment, a little annoyed.

Anasazi picked up on this, and said "Look, ten years ago, I would have been all about this s*!t, but now...I am just tired...got it?"

Ahu just stood there, and finally said "Seek the stone of Kronos".

Anasazi rolled his eyes and said, "I have plenty of stones, most of them I don't want. If you want me to seek some stone, you better tell me more than this."

But Ahu was gone.

Oh, bulls*&t Anasazi thought as he got up to make himself a brandy.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Morgana! Mogana LeFay!!" he shouted.

But there was no answer.

Where is that girl? he thought as he surveyed the grounds.

Greyson led his horse towards the stables, thinking that would find his daughter there.

He searched for her, but did not find her.

Finally, he rode outside, and once again shouted "Morgana!!!"

But there was no reply...

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The cold cut through her like a knife...it was early, and the chill was still palatable. She looked back towards her father's cabin, she knew that something was not right, but she could not put her finger on it. Moonlight Myst was already on the steed, and she knew that she had a choice, join her...and ride, or stay in something that was completely and totally false.

So she rode.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The day brought warmth, but not understanding. They rode and rode...and eventually they reached Britain. The city was hustle and bustle...as always. People moving about, carrying their wares and their bundles. They went this way, and that. But it did not deter Morgana. She somehow knew that an answer would lie in that city...

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As usual, Britain smelled of dung, and the air was foul. The people were barely aware of the two women riding through the crowded and neglected streets.

"Where are we headed?" Moon asked?

"I don't know" Morgana replied.

Then, suddenly, they got a bit of a fright. A large man, in full plate armor was standing in their path.

Morgana pull back on the reigns, and barely stopped her mount from hitting him.

He did not flinch.

"Where are you two off today?" he asked in a rather gruff tone.

Having no real answer, Morgana just winged it..."We are ... umm ... going to the bank?"

"The bank would be THAT way!" the armored figure replied.

"O...okay, thank you..." Morgana managed.

What am I doing?? She thought. What have I done?

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cock had been crowing for hours, but Anasazi had buried his head in his pillow. It was entire too early...and it was too cold.

Eventually, he rolled on to his back, and stared at the stone ceiling.

Every joint in his body was crying out to just stay in bed.

Who was he to argue?

No...it was time to get up. And so he did.

Son of a Lich! he thought as he rose to his feet.

He looked around the room, and finally found his spectacles. The light of the morning played havoc on his old eyes.

He stood there for what seemed to him to be about three hours, but really it was about three minutes. Once his body was willing, he moved downstairs to find a cup of tea.

Bloody winter! He thought.

But it was actually spring.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The stone of Kronos he thought as he sipped his tea. Now what the hell is that?

Memories came flooding back to him, as he sat there sipping his morning tea. Memories of Sheol, memories of the guild. Jade. Morgana. Abigail. Clean...Sexecutioner.

He laughed out loud.

"Hadn't thought about that guy in a while!" he said aloud.

But then he realized how quiet it was. And he just sat there, remembering. And sipped his tea.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
--------------------------------------------------------------

Morgana and Moon were essentially lost, until something inside of Morgana recognized something.

"The conservatory..." Morgana said in an almost vacant tone.

"Yeah, what about it?" Moon answered.

"I don't know...there is something about it..." she answered.

But they rode forth.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"Where are we going?" Moon inquired.

Morgana didn't answer. She was still thinking that she had missed something. Something about the Conservatory perhaps. She could not put her finger on it.

"HEY!!" Moon said, "Where are we going?!"

This snapped Morgana out of her thoughts.

"I...I am not sure" she answered, "but...there is something out of place"

"Yeah. Us" Moon replied sarcastically, but as soon as she had said it, but her and Morgana shared a look...

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They both just sat there, thinking the exact same thing. Eventually, Moon broke the silence..."What is going on?"

"I don't know" Morgana answered, "but yeah, it is us."

Morgana looked around her. Nothing really looked different. The same old scene was playing itself out in Britain, as it always did. Beggers were begging, shop keepers were tending their shops, street children where running about, the sky was grey, the buildings were dirty, and there was horse s*!t all over the streets.

"I know we just met recently, but ... it feels like I have known you for a long time" Moon said.

Again, Morgana didn't answer right away, but she knew exactly what Moon was saying. At least, hearing Moon say it, she didn't feel like she was going insane.

"I know..." Morgana said, distantly.

"I cannot quite work it out, like it is...on the edge of my memory or something" Moon said.

"Or, like we have forgotten..." Morgana replied, "or like it is a dream."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anasazi awoke with a start. He had dozed off. Soon, he realized what had awaken him...there was a banging outside.

"Lumberjacks? This early?" he sighed, gathering his strength to stand.

However, as he prepared to stand up, he realized that the banging was not coming from outside. Instead, it was coming from down below...in the cellar.

If this is Ahu again, I swear I am going to just run him threw and be done with it he thought.

He got to his feet, his tired old legs fighting every movement. He took a moment to regard himself...he was in a dressing gown and slippers. For a moment, he considered going and changing into his armor, but as he considered it, he realized it was in the cellar, in storage.

Of course he thought.

Armed with the only weapons he had handy, an antique fire poker...and his cup of tea...he slowly made his way to the door that led to the stairs of his cellar. The banging was even more pronounced now.

Tapping on the door with the fire poker, he spoke "Ummm...whoever is down there, if you would be so kind as to not break anything, or drink any of my wine, I will let you leave in peace...unless that is you Ahu."

The banging stopped.

Of course he thought.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Probably just a rat or something he thought, as he turned to walk away from the door. That was when he heard a crash. The sound of breaking glass was distinct.

"Hey now!!" he yelled, turning to open the door. It was locked.

"What?" he said aloud, thinking to himself This door only locks from THIS side.

"Okay" he said, feeling a rush of anger, "ex por."

Nothing happened.

"EX POR!!" he said, with some force.

Nothing happened.

It took him a couple of moments to remember... No reagents.

Flustered, and oddly enough feeling more alive than he had in a good while, he marched up the stairs to his study, and began shuffling around for the necessary reagents when he heard a very loud crash, like the sound of wood splintering. He eventually found a small sack, and tucked it under his belt, but before he could make it back to the stairs, he heard the sound of his front door open.

"Hey!!!" was all he could get out, as he rushed down the stairs to see the door wide open.

He made his way back to the cellar door, and it was completely smashed, from the inside out...pieces everywhere. He knew it was pointless, because the intruder was gone, but he made his way down the stairs into the cellar anyway.

He was not prepared for what he saw there...

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There was blood...EVERYWHERE.

Anasazi stood there for a moment, halfway expecting it all to be a figment of his imagination. His eyes adjusted...and he allowed them to readjust. But there it was. Blood. And lot's of it.

He stood there, looking around for several minutes, before he realized that he was standing in a pool of blood that came up to his ankles, and that his wine racks were still in tact.

Without much ado, he said "Okay, so they didn't break anything".

And with that, he turned and walked back upstairs.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Bloody nonsense he thought...and as he did, he paused for a bit of a laugh.

He went immediately to the kitchen, and opened his liquor cabinet. Finding what he sought, he opened the bottle and took are long sip.

Burning his lips, and throat, the libation went down easy...

...another.

He stood there for a while, just trying to process what he had seen.

"So...blood down there then?" he said aloud. "Fine."

He had another. And then another. And another.

Last edited:

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Finally, he no longer gave a s$#t, and he gathered his weapons...it was time to go and see what was down there...

Carefully, he approached the door...with drawn sword.

He kicked the door open, and cast the spell In Lor

He made his way down the stairs...carefully...with is blade guiding the way.

Step by step, he descended into the cellar.

On the second to last step, he stopped to survey his situation.

There was blood he thought, as he realized the ground below was dry.

He stepped down into the cellar...it was as it always had been...a smirk crossed his face.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just like I thought he mused, as he looked around. There was nothing out of place.

He settled into his favorite chair, and pour himself a double glass of Brandy.

Sipping it, he sat there...his mind swirling. It had to be a figment of his imagination. Didn't it?

The warm embrace of sleep engulfed him...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Morgana and Moonlight Myst were quickly broken from their day dream...as they suddenly felt the sting of an armored glove.

Scrambling to recover, both looked up to behold a Royal Guard.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked, harshly.

Both of them took several seconds to reply...they were shaken...and, she looked very familiar.

Eventually, it was Morgan that spoke..."Nuth...Nothing"

"Yeah?" the guard said...laying into Morgana again with her armored hand.

Feeling the sting of the guard's fist, and feeling the blood run down her face, Morgana got up defiantly.

That was a mistake.

Last edited:

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Knocked out cold...

...she missed what followed.

The guard turned on Moonlight Myst, drawing her halberd. Moon just sneered at her, pulling a pair of daggers from her boots.

The fight was over in seconds. The guard was off to find a healer, in the spirtual plane...and Moon was tending to Morgana.

Stupid girl she thought, as she brushed the black hair from Morgana's face. Holding her there, in this helpless position, she felt a twinge of guilt...as if she had see this before.

Morgana had begun to come to...and was moving.

Moon just held her close, nursing her wound, until she did...but she could not shake the feeling that she had felt.

Last edited:

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It was time to move on...but Morgana was clearly shaken, and Moon was exhausted.

"Hey, Morg...can we stop for today??" Moon asked.

"No" was the response she got.

Annoyed, and tired, Moonlight Myst simply dismounted the horse...saying, "Okay, you go ahead then."

This took Morgana off guard. She looked at her horse, Rayder, and he looked exhausted...she considered herself for a moment, her head hurt...badly...and , she stunk...badly. Yes, it was time to stop.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With Rayder in the stables, the two runaways made their way to an inn.

"Good day kind sir" Morgana said..."we need a room for the night".

Regarding her, and Moon, the innkeeper said ... "I don't think so", and turned away from them.

This did not sit well with Morgana...at all.

"How DARE YOU?" she spat at the innkeeper..."you DO KNOW that my father is the Warden of Skara, right?"

The innkeeper regarded her for a moment and then said, "Who now? This isn't Skara."

Morgana was beside herself! How dare they!!! she thought!

However, it was Moon that came to the rescue...

"What is the cost for a night, good sir?" she asked politely.

"800 p miss" he replied.

Moon tossed him a silver coin, and said..."the rest is yours my good man".

And with that, they were shown to a room...

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
"No, don't thank me" Moon said as she flopped down on the bed...

Flustered, Morgana said "Well, yeah, if we wanted peasant quarters!"

This struck Moon wrong. She moved to look Morgana square in the eye and said ..."Look, princess, this isn't your daddy's cabin. Here, we are equal. Got it??"

Morgana had no response. She just nodded. This was Moon's world, not her's.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It was a fitful night for Morgana, tossing and turning. It was not that she was uncomfortable. She had grown to be comfortable on the frozen ground. It was the events that had passed that were passing through her mind. She saw so many things in her half sleep that night...memories of things that had never happened, friends she had not known, and horrors she had not imagined. As the rooster crowed, she tried to tell herself that it was but a dream, but she knew...

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
She awoke, with several kinks in her spine...she had not slept well. The cold morning cut through her like a dagger...waking her.

"Moon?" she asked, as she glanced toward the bed of her companion, only to find it empty.

Did I dream it? she thought.

But she knew it wasn't a dream. She gathered her blanket around her, and stumbled through the twilight towards the stove.

She reached it, and found a few lumps of coal around it, and some kindling. She lit it...and watched the light, and the warmth, slowly overtake the room.

For a moment, she was at home. Warm, in the orange/red glow of a new fire. The smell of burning wood, and the warmth of the blanket taking her back...back...into a memory that she was not sure that she had...or had forgotten.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
She was unsure of how much time had passed before she heard Moon calling her...

"Wakey wakey your highness" Moon said, lobbing a peach into the lap of the sleeping Morgana.

This hit Morgana like a brick. "What in the name of the gods?!" she exclaimed.

Moon found this amusing.

"Gods?" she asked..."no, dear, just me!"

Gathering herself, Morgana realized that she had drifted off to sleep in front of the fire.

Moon didn't press the issue, she just came and joined Morgana under the blanket.

"The day is so amazing!" Moon said.

Morgana regarded her for a moment, and asked "Okay, how so?"

"Because we are FREE!!" Moonlight Myst said...burrowing deeper into the covers.

Morgana considered her words for a moment or two, and somehow, deep down, she agreed.

That morning seemed to last years as they both just laid there, in the warmth of the fire, and the blankets...and one another.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greyson LeFay tended to the beasts in his stables, the cold cutting through him.

He had no idea where his young daughter was.

Looking into the distant forest, he screamed "Morgana!!!"

But there was no reply.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Again, he screamed out...but to no avail.

He made his way back into the house, and the warmth it offered.

There he found his youngest daughter, Abigail, preparing herself for an adventure. And he said, regarding her "Now where do you suppose you are off to little one?"

And she replied..."I am going to find my sister!"

This took him aback, as he was both amused and saddened.

"Is that so?" he replied, as she put a backpack upon her that was likely twice her own weight.

"Yes...sir" she said as she struggled under the weight of it.

"And you know where she is then?" he asked.

There were some grunts and inaudible noises as she tried and tried to put the pack on her back.

Once face down under the weight of the pack, Abigail looked at her father and said, "We cannot just let her go."

Greyson agreed silently. And he looked at his young daughter and said, "You are even more headstrong than she is, aren't you Abi?"

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
------------------------------------------------------------
Awakened by the sound of knocking on his front door, Anasazi bolted upright.

"I have nothing you want!!" he shouted, slowly realizing where he was.

Turning his gaze towards the front door, and shaking off the haze of sleep, he slowly got to his feet, and went to the door.

Peering through the peep hole, he spied a young man wearing the Royal Colors. And so, he opened the door...

"Is there something I can help you with?" he said curtly.

The young man seemed a bit taken aback, and managed "Per...no, um, yes...perhaps...I have a ... no sir, I mean..."

This amused Anasazi.

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
He stood there for a moment, regarding this awkward young man, and finally said "Well, out with it!"

This unsettled the young messenger even more.

"I have a...I mean, I have to, you are, you have to..." was all he got out before Anasazi grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him inside.

"It isn't safe out there boy!" Anasazi said, as he dragged the messenger inside.

There was a faint trickle, and the messenger was paralyzed with fear.

Anasazi held him there, then put him down and said, "Are you going to tell me what you are doing here or what??"

After some stammering, and embarrassment, the messenger finally said " Ye....yes...yes sir. You have been summoned to the Royal Castle."

Anasazi just looked upon the youth, considering how many times that he had heard that.

"Have I?" he asked.

"Yes mi'lord!" the messenger answered.

"Good to know. Tell them that I decline!" Anasazi replied..."and kindly see yourself out!!"

MorganaLefay(POV)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
After rushing the whelp out the front door, Anasazi stood there, somewhat proud of himself, and somewhat curious.

This is not going to end well... he thought.

He stood there at the window, considering his actions, and wondered...why now?

Last edited: