• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Duel You Want to see

• Thread starter Rumpelstiltskin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SUPRsalad

In order it sounds like you have 3 variants(theres a bunch)
AKM(possibly), standard ak-47, and a Mak-90. All 3 use the ak clips, but the mak 90 won't take the 'standard' buttstock and pistol grip from a regular if i recall. Some weird brady bill thing i imagine.

Just posting so you have lil more info for price/value comparison.
thx i appreciate it, but ill probably have my guys appreciate them for me.

BloodRavenFL

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh the sand ni... . . heh. naaaaah..

but yeah man, im going to make out like a bandit on that. so, har har, to everyone that said 'what do you need 3 aks for?)

one of them has the folding stock, i know that one is the more rare of the three.
ones basically standard issue, the other is the one with like.. its hard to explain, its got like a 'hole' through the grip for your thumb instead of a handle?? hard to explain, i know its kinda rare.
I'll give you the hair I waxxed of saginor's ass for the normal one.:party:

S

SUPRsalad

done deal. lol
nah man, i dont think its a mac tho.. i could be wrong..

S

SUPRsalad

I don't keep those at my current address, so i can't take pics right now, but yeah. um. I think i stand corrected, the one with the 'hole' i was talking about looked like this: (which, they are calling a mac90)

so im pretty sure you're spot on with the other two as well. what do you think they are worth? Best to my knowledge, theres nothing wrong with any of them. I keep them cleaned and oiled and in their cases and haven't cycled any rounds through them in several years.

edit: im assuming that little silver piece there coming out in front of the mag is just hardware on the dresser or whatever it is behind the rifle.

S

SUPRsalad

Also, heres the other one. I think this is the most valuable of the three:
(or at least I THINK this is it)

I was under the impression that that was just an AK?

The third one i know for certain is JUST an ak.. standard issue corinco.

edit, yeah now that i look close, im certain. thats the one. any idea of its worth?

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't keep those at my current address, so i can't take pics right now, but yeah. um. I think i stand corrected, the one with the 'hole' i was talking about looked like this: (which, they are calling a mac90)

so im pretty sure you're spot on with the other two as well. what do you think they are worth? Best to my knowledge, theres nothing wrong with any of them. I keep them cleaned and oiled and in their cases and haven't cycled any rounds through them in several years.

edit: im assuming that little silver piece there coming out in front of the mag is just hardware on the dresser or whatever it is behind the rifle.
NO need to be corrected, there's like 80 ak variants, maybe more?
Mak will run 'tween say 450 and 700? depending on condition and sell venue. Standard 400-600.
The third is the tuff one w/out a pic.
Most can have folder stocks, but if it turns out to be a wasr, AKm, or Maadi(egypt), then cna run closer to a grand.
The pics line was just for fun. I can't blame ye there.
Of course I never mention if i own a firearm or not.

Sounds like ye got some fun toys tho.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

http://i32.***********/9kcgwg.jpg

If this is right way to add photo, compare yours to this.
I hope camera did good job it is cheapo.
BTW this is referred to as the AMD 65 or as i call it the
NLB (nasty lil b****rd).

p.s. we should start a gun pic thread in OT rather than hijacking some thread .

S

SUPRsalad

meh, im not much of a shooter. . . i inherited most of them from my dad. . I usually don't mention it either, but im pretty excited about the price increase on my ak's. (or whatever the **** they are)

I do trap alot. . Im not a shotgun nut either. my 870 wingmaster has gotten me into the 1k in a row club, so im happy with it. Rigid and reliable, and puts them right where i want them. Its the only one i actually 'enjoy' shooting. they're just so damn destructive . . & easy!

I have a hard time spending more than around 400 - 500 on a toy. I do enjoy the occasional long range practice, though im not that good yet :(
I can tear it up with my rem model 7 .223, but its got the only mentionable objective. Planning on getting a new nikon for my .270 but my father-in-law owns me with his new 7mm and reaaaaaly poor eyesight. Not to mention an old redding scope. .

Also suck at handguns pretty much. I can make a decent group with my 1911 but other than that.. I spent 350 on this taurus .357 snubby and I couldn't ever hit **** with it and it liked to knock the fillings from my teeth.. not very enjoyable. . For some reason i can tear it up pretty good with my sig 9 (my most valuable piece) but i always feel kinda wussy doing it lol.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like my mossberg 590. but 870 is solid.
I follow the k.i.s.s. rule(keep it simple stupid).
Mossberg 590 in 12 ga.
Amd 65
colt 1911 a1(tried and true)
and my fav a savage 24 .22 mag over 20ga with chamber adapter for .22 lr and 4.10 shotgun.
Sold the rest, made a fortune, bought up ammo, and dang glad i did now.

S

SUPRsalad

http://i32.***********/9kcgwg.jpg

If this is right way to add photo, compare yours to this.
I hope camera did good job it is cheapo.
BTW this is referred to as the AMD 65 or as i call it the
NLB (nasty lil b****rd).

p.s. we should start a gun pic thread in OT rather than hijacking some thread .
good idea. i always feel weird talking about it anyways cus some people are haters, but yeah. get it going and ill jump on.

ummm.. nah man, its nothing like that. dude, it looks JUST like the one i posted first. same EXACT stock im certain. Though i haven't fired that one in years, I DID yank it out the last time i was in town with it just to make sure it was still there. its wood components and everything. in fact, im pretty sure its EXACTLY that one i posted. I can't WAIT to sell them.

S

SUPRsalad

Mossberg 590 in 12 ga.
Amd 65
and my fav a savage 24 .22 mag over 20ga with chamber adapter for .22 lr and 4.10 shotgun.
I've had one experience with my friend moss, and the safety switch thingy is like.. on the back of the gun behind the chamber? It was plastic, and it was loose, and would slide up and down just by tipping the gun up and down. . . Didn't like it. Other than that one thing, no complaints. . I've had the 870 for my whole life, and honestly, im still every bit as in love with it as the day i got it.. I DO however want one of those 870 express 20ga. Dude, they're only $177 at wal-mart! can you really beat that??

edit; i got no complaints about my corinco 1911.. same exact specs as yours, just a different price tag.
I DID however, get the chance a couple weeks ago to cycle some rounds through my buddy's 1911 Springfield. I gotta say, the action just felt smoother..

S

SUPRsalad

Mossberg 590 in 12 ga.
Amd 65
OH yeah, dude. growing up, we called those 'turkey guns'. . We had one growing up that was 22 long and 410. I don't remember who made it, but man, i killed everything with that. (kids have an infinite capacity for cruelty)

Status
Not open for further replies.