• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Aftermath Fallout....Which Shards have free Keep and even Castle Spots now?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well its kinda interesting to know....after the big fall....this maybe helpfull to players on that shard too that maybe do not realize.....please add info...ill add shards as i look....heres a start...ALSO...maybe helpfull to players that just wanna place a castle for the thrill of it on a production shard....i WILL GLADLY SHOW people empty spots if they are interested too.........HAVE FUN!!!

OK First of...and most obvoius too...Anyone can now place at least a medium house [12x12 ] ...if not bigger on ''any shard'' including Atlantic...so just look around....there plenty of space on any shard..no need to pay for a small plot anymore ...ever!!!

***There is space for custom plots on ''every single shard''....a medium size plot [villa 11x11] can easily be found on the fullest of shards including atlantic...so nobody need ever pay for a small house again....just a little look around and u will be rewarded with a medium or bigger custom plot

onto Keeps and Castles.......quietest shards at top ...busiest at bottom.....

Quiet shards...
Origin.... Free keep spots both facets [many]... Free castle spots both [many] .. Free luna spot [odd]
Oceania... Free keep spots both [many]... Free castle spots both [many].. Free luna spot [odd]
Lake Austin ...Free keeps both tram and fel [many]..Free castles spots in Fel [few] and Tram [odd]
Drachs... Free keep spots both [many].... Free castle spots in felluca [few]..

Busier shards...
Legends .... Free keeps on both tram and fel [many]...
Siege... Free keep spots [few]..
Napa .... Free keeps on Both tram and felluca [few]..
Cats.... Free keep spots in felluca [few]...Odd keep spots in Tram?
Sonama...Free keep spots in felucca [few]..
Europa.... Free keep spots in felluca [few]....
Chessy....Free keep spots in felluca [few].....

Fuller shards.....
Lake Superior ....nothing free [odd felucca keep]
Pacs ...nothing free [odd felucca keep]
GL... nothing free
Atlantic .. nothing free

[next]

Let me make one thing straight...iam a retired Legandary Idocer....i have not idoced for about 3 years or longer ...i was idocong back in the good old days pre the first big fall and there after....Anyways i only came back for the ''phase 1'' of RTB fall ....
I LET EVERYONE KNOW ON THIS BOARD THIS WAS HAPPENING SO EVERYONE COULD TAKE PART!!!!
was most happy to place and sell 2 awesome keeps and 2 awesome castles....and have loads of loot for my troubles including bags full of tokens/ clothing bless deeds, tokuna majors etc etc..and prob well over 2-3m turn in points....so iam very happy with my small haul....
WE COULD NOT STOP THE FALLERS...WE COULD HAVE LET THE LOOT DECAY...OR WE COULD SIMPLY PICK IT UP......
Also i managed to contact one old freind who reactivated there account to save there stuff for another 120 days at least...so hapy days there....
my 2 placing accounts I REOPENED costing 50m each for 30 days time now have 2 nice store houses on 2 shards...so they will be very usefull for the next 90 days indeed....AND PAID FOR!!!..this is UO

MY SEARCH AREA above is not the whole shard..its 4 areas that have the most castle/keep spots...using this its kinda safe to gauge the rest of the shard... but its not exact...hell i aint got time to trawl every shard fully..this said castles can only be placed certain places and us legandary idocers know these places....there the same on every shard.....so its pretty quick to search them.....hell on some shards...keeps sit on castle spots and sometimes 1 castle sits on 2 castle spots...LOL....crazy....but maybe someone prefers a keep to a castle..LOL

THIS IS JUST A BREIF INSIGHT to ALL our shards after the RTBs fallout....thanks for reading

Last edited:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well its kinda interesting to know....after the big fall....this maybe helpfull to players on that shard too that maybe do not realize.....please add info...ill add shards as i look....heres a start...ALSO...maybe helpfull to players that just wanna place a castle for the thrill of it on a production shard....i WILL GLADLY SHOW people empty spots if they are interested too.........HAVE FUN!!!

Origin.... Free keep spots both facets... Free castle spots both .. Free luna spot
Oceania... Free keep spots both... Free castle spots both.. Free luna spot
Drachs... Free keep spots both.... Free castle spots in felluca
Europa.. Free keep spots in felluca
[next]
I would like to see a shard merge, you dont have to say we are closing the shards, you can say each character has the chance to transfer to X shard.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a shard merge, you dont have to say we are closing the shards, you can say each character has the chance to transfer to X shard.
I think of all the ideas....posisibly the best solution would be to give players on the quieter shards a chance of a whole account free transfer token....let them go if they want or if they wanna stay and are happy with a very quiet shard then so be it...at least they have had a option of a free transfer to a fuller shard...tis good idea for sure.

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Origin.... Free keep spots both facets... Free castle spots both .. Free luna spot
Oceania... Free keep spots both... Free castle spots both.. Free luna spot
Drachs... Free keep spots both.... Free castle spots in felluca
Europa.. Free keep spots in felluca
[next]
Long before the big fall of '13 you often claimed Europa had trammel keep spots for those who looked, so ones free in fell isn't a big surprise.

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found an open fel Keep site on Napa not too long ago. Sad day it was. Luckily I found someone to fill the location A.S.A.P.
I tell myself if I ever walk the wilds of Napa and place a Castle I might be looking to move to a new shard. I pray the day never comes.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think of all the ideas....posisibly the best solution would be to give players on the quieter shards a chance of a whole account free transfer token....let them go if they want or if they wanna stay and are happy with a very quiet shard then so be it...at least they have had a option of a free transfer to a fuller shard...tis good idea for sure.
Not for EA. They'd loose out on the sale of transfer tokens, and still have to fund all the shards like they do now.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long before the big fall of '13 you often claimed Europa had trammel keep spots for those who looked, so ones free in fell isn't a big surprise.
Indeed there was....there was 2 free spots in trammel for ages.....theres plenty of felluca keeps...indeed guess peeps have looked harder of late to fill the trammel gaps...however a few peeps have put 1818s on some of the keep spots too..each to there own i guess...

more than happy to show anyone a free fel keep spot...just ask ingame...like ive always said....gen chat is best

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
added Legends...Free keeps both tram and felluca......many!!....

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you going to give me 14 Char Slots on this new shard? Are you going to transfer all my homes to this new shard? Are you going to transfer all of our shard history to this new shard?

Answer NO, NO, NO TY UO closing all my accounts. Have a nice day.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found an open fel Keep site on Napa not too long ago. Sad day it was. Luckily I found someone to fill the location A.S.A.P.
I tell myself if I ever walk the wilds of Napa and place a Castle I might be looking to move to a new shard. I pray the day never comes.
Last time I looked I counted at least a dozen keep spots on Napa, both tram and fel side.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you going to give me 14 Char Slots on this new shard? Are you going to transfer all my homes to this new shard? Are you going to transfer all of our shard history to this new shard?

Answer NO, NO, NO TY UO closing all my accounts. Have a nice day.
Err the no shard is closing??? the quiet shard is stopping open..and theres no new shard....cant u read???....its just giving any player a chance to move free to a more populated shard if they wish...if they dont they can stay put
so yes yes yes and taa for the brill idea OP

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
adding Napa taa for the info.........im guessing no castle spots

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Err the no shard is closing??? the quiet shard is stopping open..and theres no new shard....cant u read???....its just giving any player a chance to move free to a more populated shard if they wish...if they dont they can stay put
so yes yes yes and taa for the brill idea OP
How can you start with
I would like to see a shard merge
and say no shard is closing. Now that is just funny. His whole statement is one big oxymoron. You want to Transfer the go buy Transfer Tokens and have fun.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you start with
and say no shard is closing. Now that is just funny. His whole statement is one big oxymoron. You want to Transfer the go buy Transfer Tokens and have fun.
read the post by lucitus ...i presume u can read ok

here u go........

I would like to see a shard merge............. you dont have to say we are closing the shards.......... you can say ..............each character has the chance to transfer to ..............XXXXXX shard.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAVE U GOT ANY BETER IDEA .......a better solution ???...frodo...because........... ill listen to anything that will save UO....shards with 50 playing is not good..if they like it fair enough.....it a simple option to let them try another fuller more shall we say lively shard - if they want to......nobodies gonna frog march ya to another shard.........[END[

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Close this thread, you ruin my Business!
I dont think there is a castle business on drachs..ine quick run and i found 4 spots empty...and noone wants to buy...thing there is no real estate market in felluca anyways....whats that myth about awesome pvp in felluca on drachs....BS

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
recap..........

Origin.... Free keep spots both facets [many]... Free castle spots both [many] .. Free luna spot [odd]
Oceania... Free keep spots both [many]... Free castle spots both [many].. Free luna spot [odd]
Napa .... Free keeps on both tram and felluca [few]..

[next]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reliably informed and pretty obvoius really .. no free keeps/castles on Pacs/ GL and ATL......will add to OP

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whats that myth about awesome pvp in felluca on drachs....BS
Who did ever say anything like that? Never heard this before... Living on DF for a while...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you test place on what you think is a free Luna spot on Origin? Some are looking that way, but seem to be too small to place something.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were and still are keep spots in FEL on pacific (I have been giving away locales in gen chat as I find them) Found a tram Keep Spot on pacific last night between yew and brit

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:drama:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you test place on what you think is a free Luna spot on Origin? Some are looking that way, but seem to be too small to place something.
serous u wanna place a luna small with only 50 active players.............awesome

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I don't want, but - I want to ensure, that my placing abilities are more limited than I assume (btw. I have recently built a max storage in Luna on the shard as the lib fell, so no need for a smaller one, but would be interesting if there fits still a plot or if you only think that would.)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lake Austin has had open spots since BEFORE stuff started falling, as most of our PvPers left for another, more active, shard... Can't say that I miss their general chat drama, though a number of them were nice people when you were outside the confines of PvP.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
added Legends...Free keeps both tram and felluca......many!!....
Sadly enough, on Legends a week or so ago, we worked an idoc and then I stood around and placed a castle. The sad part? I was the only one trying for it =( Everyone else already has one I guess

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly enough, on Legends a week or so ago, we worked an idoc and then I stood around and placed a castle. The sad part? I was the only one trying for it =( Everyone else already has one I guess
Or they just don't prefer castles (like in my case :D ), but it doesn't suprise me too much, as you well know we have a smaller tightknit and fairly active community here on legends. The pvp has been decent recently as well, so maybe we will continue to have people come over and take a few of these available spots.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Napa .... Free keeps on both tram and felluca [few]..
Thanks for the update matey. I'm still looking on Europa...

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were and still are keep spots in FEL on pacific (I have been giving away locales in gen chat as I find them) Found a tram Keep Spot on pacific last night between yew and brit
I would be interested to know the coordinates that tram keep spot is or newly placed keep spot is. While Pacific has dropped quite a few malas houses the places where tram or fel keeps are don't last long usually. What people think are big enough spots for keeps i have found, really aren't due to obstructions. I am also reading general chat a lot and i have not seen anyone offer to show someone a keep spot to place even when people are asking to pay for a spot to place.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my first keep last summer. Great location looking out over the water due north of Skara. I hated it. Unusable space, difficult to move from room to room. As DerekL pointed out, poorly laid out. I sold it after having it for a few months and returned to a max custom house. I feel the same about castles too.

It's really too bad the houses with the largest footprints contain so much unusable and/or inconvenient space.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my first keep last summer. Great location looking out over the water due north of Skara. I hated it. Unusable space, difficult to move from room to room. As DerekL pointed out, poorly laid out. I sold it after having it for a few months and returned to a max custom house. I feel the same about castles too.

It's really too bad the houses with the largest footprints contain so much unusable and/or inconvenient space.
Castles are a lot better u can use the courtyard inside...with a few floor tiles and bookcases/paintings ...on the walls it soon looks like one huge 31x31 bottom floor....looks amazing when u see one done to be fair!!!! ..but like u say.... some people prefer the art of building there own...just the storage a castle gives is totally amazing too...

For me owning a castle was my goal form day 1 nearly 14 years ago...im glad to have acheived this several times over....i personally hate custom building..but thats me..and iam not you

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I always thought the same, but when I had three customized houses on my three accounts and I reached the storage max, it was time to get a castle... So, you can enjoy the aestethics of the customized houses AND have a castle - without contradicting yourself ;-)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty sure this has been brought up before about customizing plots and castles which i am totally against BUT I wouldn't mind the same size castle plot be available with conditions on customization.

Like....

1) You can only place an 18x18 house on the plot but can be placed on any part of the plot.

2) The rest of the unused area can be used for decoration purposes but containers can be locked/secured down in the open area as well.

3) The plot still has max storage as a castle plot.

4) I am adding this because I can't stand the glacial blue tile so that should be restricted lol.

Be really cool I think for those players that have that house deco thing down. Just imagine areas with nice housing and a yard area and maybe garden, a few trees, a small pond area. Hopefully you see what I am trying to describe. We all have seen many players houses that has that "Better Homes" style and a customizable plot like that would really enhance that UOatmosphere but with a sense of style.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello... a few word methinks...........

Let me make one thing straight...iam a retired Legandary Idocer....i have not idoced for about 3 years or longer ...i was idocong back in the good old days pre the first big fall and there after....Anyways i only came back for the ''phase 1'' of RTB fall ....
I LET EVERYONE KNOW ON THIS BOARD THIS WAS HAPPENING SO EVERYONE COULD TAKE PART!!!!
was most happy to place and sell 2 awesome keeps and 2 awesome castles....and have loads of loot for my troubles including bags full of tokens/ clothing bless deeds, tokuna majors etc etc..and prob well over 2-3m turn in points....so iam very happy with my small haul....
WE COULD NOT STOP THE FALLERS...WE COULD HAVE LET THE LOOT DECAY...OR WE COULD SIMPLY PICK IT UP......
Also i managed to contact one old freind who reactivated there account to save there stuff for another 120 days at least...so hapy days there....
my 2 placing accounts I REOPENED costing 50m each for 30 days time now have 2 nice store houses on 2 shards...so they will be very usefull for the next 90 days indeed....AND PAID FOR!!!..this is UO

MY SEARCH AREA above is not the whole shard..its 4 areas that have the most castle/keep spots...using this its kinda safe to gauge the rest of the shard... but its not exact...hell i aint got time to trawl every shard fully..this being said castles can only fit in certain places and us 'legandary idocers' know these places...hell there the same on every shard...so its pretty quick to search them..hell on some shards...keeps sit on castle spots and sometimes 1 castle sits on 2 castle spots...LOL...maybe some people like keeps instead of a castle ...like some people like 1818 instead of keeps...but why somone wants to take 2 castle spots with one is beyond even me...LOL

this is just a BRIEF INSIGHT to ALL our shards after the RTBs fallout....thanks for reading...thnaks to those that have contributed and not to those that abuse this very informative post........

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No free castle spot on Siege, they are replaced as fast as they drop, there may be a few few keep spot, but they don't stay free for long.
Spot around zento are replaced fast too, New Magincia have no free spots.
Malas have alot of free spots, so there are house plots for new SP players, just not many on the Felucca facet.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP
Can you think of one aspect of the whole RTP going IDOC thing that does not deserve a thread of it's own?
Maybe you could start a blog or such, where you can repeatedly explain to everybody interested just how legendary and how ritered and how IDOCER you currently are?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
updated....

siege....Keeps a few spaces....No castle spots

Last edited by a moderator:

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be interested to know the coordinates that tram keep spot is or newly placed keep spot is. While Pacific has dropped quite a few malas houses the places where tram or fel keeps are don't last long usually. What people think are big enough spots for keeps i have found, really aren't due to obstructions. I am also reading general chat a lot and i have not seen anyone offer to show someone a keep spot to place even when people are asking to pay for a spot to place.
I have never asked for a penny for the fel keep spots I have found so thats not me, found two open spots around the brit crossroads area and one by wind gated someone each time to the spots. The tram spot in questions was placed by me and is currently for sale on the house sign.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never asked for a penny for the fel keep spots I have found so thats not me, found two open spots around the brit crossroads area and one by wind gated someone each time to the spots. The tram spot in questions was placed by me and is currently for sale on the house sign.
I have a friend wanting to buy a tram keep on pacific. Can't you just post the coordinates if you want to sell? So far 4 or 4 friends say there are no keep spots where you say on Pacific. So not trolling the thread.

Zero open Keep or Castle spots on Pacific unless you are talking Trinsic Swamp.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checked DF yesterday: Yes, some Keep spots on Felucca, but I can´t find any open castle spots anymore...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checked DF yesterday: Yes, some Keep spots on Felucca, but I can´t find any open castle spots anymore...
maybe this post thread have made the good people of drachs go out looking for the dream castle spots that were free...i saw at least 3 if not 4 on my short look around.......Hey tis good again they are ''maybe'' finally filled

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
added LA....
Lake Austin ...Free keeps both trammel and felucca [many/many ]..Free castles spots in Fel [few] and in Tram too [odd ones]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
added Lake superior
LS ... Not finding much at all.....odd Felucca Keeps maybe......

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...in all your shard hopping, which do you find is the deadest shard in terms of open housing spots (not just keeps and castles though the lack of them is probably a good guide).

As for my own shard, it was pretty easy to place a few keeps during IDOCs, but the spots definitely didn't stay open very long. Not too sure about Felucca as I stopped looking around, though there are a few places were a lone 7x7 classic home is blocking placement of a keep or castle.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would guess it's a toss up between Origin and Oceania, though Origin has been getting more players of late.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello ive kinda started to group them in the OP....again a rough guide..like i say iam ony really checking 4 big areas in tram and felluca....and listening to chat etc about castles/keep prices or indeed if they are even selling at all......i simply would not have the time to doo all the land without my easy runabout runebooks....maybe in a coupe of months ill have the shard shields so i will hoping a bit more and can maybe do a much more detailed look.....quickly too.....