• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 2009 Factions Improvement Program

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a valid question to ask
If they reset the point system Im taking as wiping out the mass points being held what is going to stop them from restacking the points again?
Removing the 3x bonus from killing ppl in towns...

The 3x bonus is causing the inflation. Reseting the points without removing the 3x bonus would do nothing... But removing the 3x bonus and not reseting would leave all these ppl with 120194324392483298432 points and those points will never decay..

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to fix the CoM base bridge to be fieldable again. There is no other base that has this kind of disadvantage.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to fix the CoM base bridge to be fieldable again. There is no other base that has this kind of disadvantage.
You can field on it, but it's a pain in the butt to do and people that know what they are doing can prevent you from fielding on it.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you have to cast on items now or what. There should be no impedement from normally casting a field. Or are they using the tile mod? All I get is you cannot see the target crap. :/

S

Splup

There should be NO RANK Required for faction items, but it needs a system to prevent ppl just getting em and using in trammel. Dropping to ur backpack? Maybe...

Rank requirement is stupid since onlyones not being able to get the rank are usually the ppl who would need those items the most.

Maybe with rank you could get something else... Maybe some special colors or what ever. Or if there really was only like 2 % having the top title, just having the title would be cool I quess. But giving best items Only to best players is just stupid way to go.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rank requirement is stupid since onlyones not being able to get the rank are usually the ppl who would need those items the most.

Most of the faction items a wearable even by those who aren't top rank.

But giving best items Only to best players is just stupid way to go.
See previous posts, we've already covered this topic.

S

Splup

Most of the faction items a wearable even by those who aren't top rank.
I know that very well, but... so?

It still gives the best items to top rank. My chars wouldnt be playable without ornament and folded glasses. Yeah, I have normal ones also and I could buy new ones if I wanted, but wasnt the point of these arties to make you NOT need millions and millions to be able to PvP?

I mean, who would it hurt if there was no rank required? I have rank 10 on all my chars, and if I start on a new shard I get rank 10 using some other account, since I can't finish my suits without rank 10. Using second account to get rank is lame? Yes, but at the same time it's my protest against this ridiculous rank requirement...

This rank requirement is only hurting the ones who are not that familiar with game mechanics and PvP.

S

Splup

See previous posts, we've already covered this topic.
And if you read it again, you notice you are the only one who wants the best arties only for best players.

Rest of want Even battleground where people have equal armor and IRL skill is what matters.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It still gives the best items to top rank. My chars wouldnt be playable without ornament and folded glasses. Yeah, I have normal ones also and I could buy new ones if I wanted, but wasnt the point of these arties to make you NOT need millions and millions to be able to PvP?

Yeah, if you earn them.

This rank requirement is only hurting the ones who are not that familiar with game mechanics and PvP.
If they wanted everyone to have these items they would have made them all rank 1. Also, even the newest members can earn points to be able to wear these items.

And if you read it again, you notice you are the only one who wants the best arties only for best players.

Rest of want Even battleground where people have equal armor and IRL skill is what matters.
Yes, and I've already explained this to Aibel. Feel free to go back and read.

S

Splup

Yeah, if you earn them.

If they wanted everyone to have these items they would have made them all rank 1. Also, even the newest members can earn points to be able to wear these items.
Ok, so now you are putting Decision EA made over public opinion? You realize you are saying here that if Dev team decided something it's always right?

Dev team made a bad decision here, and it needs to be fixed. Just like they have done many bad decision in the past and there has been fixes for em, for example quivers of rage.

Yes, and I've already explained this to Aibel. Feel free to go back and read.
You explained, but you haven't come up with any real reasons why there should be rank requirement for the items.

PvP is PvP, not PvE and hopefully in the future not PvM.

The point system is easily exploited, so not only the best players getting unfair advantage against new comers who they kill easy anyways (and this way they feel it's unfair and quit), but also the exploiters get the advatage.

Can you give any reason why the rank requirement for items makes PvP more fun? How does it encourage more ppl to involve in PvP? How does it make battleground more fair?

It does exact the opposite...

Damn, on half dead shards we'r trying REALLY hard to get more ppl into PvP, we don't need to make entering PvP anymore harder. It should be easier.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so now you are putting Decision EA made over public opinion? You realize you are saying here that if Dev team decided something it's always right?
I support their decision in this case, there is no reason not to. Everyone against it just wants something for nothing.

You explained, but you haven't come up with any real reasons why there should be rank requirement for the items.
I've already expressed that people shouldn't simply be handed things like these.

The point system is easily exploited, so not only the best players getting unfair advantage against new comers who they kill easy anyways (and this way they feel it's unfair and quit), but also the exploiters get the advatage.

If the point system as easily exploited then your point is moot as everyone can get enough points to get the best items.

Can you give any reason why the rank requirement for items makes PvP more fun?
People that earn the items can use them. That is fun in my opinion.

How does it encourage more ppl to involve in PvP?
It encourages people to fight for points to get such items.

How does it make battleground more fair?
Everyone has the opportunity to fight for these items, let alone them having access to most of them to begin with.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All in all this is not Test Center. You are not given the items so you can accomplish something, you try to accomplish something to get the items. Otherwise they'd be giving every new character the same things they hand out on Test Center.

S

Splup

If the point system as easily exploited then your point is moot as everyone can get enough points to get the best items.
Except if the system worked as intended. Giving only certain % the rank.

We seem to disagree about the core of PvP. You think that people need to Fight for Items in PvP, kinda same as fighting for items in PvM. Working your way up getting better and better items and getting stronger that way.

In my mind PvP is something where everyone should start at the same line, and IRL skill is what matters in the fight. Only thing you work up is your personal PvP skill, getting to know your battleground, enemies, skills, knowing where to take your stand when getting outnumbered etc. Also ofc knowing how to build effective templates (thou overpowered temps like pets atm. should get hit by nerfhammer). Also knowing what temps to use to build a good team.

As long as we disagree on this, there's no way we will agree on the rank system.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We seem to disagree about the core of PvP. You think that people need to Fight for Items in PvP, kinda same as fighting for items in PvM. Working your way up getting better and better items and getting stronger that way.
Yeah, I can't put this any better. Most factioners are ones who've been around long before these items anyways.

In my mind PvP is something where everyone should start at the same line, and IRL skill is what matters in the fight.
If they reset the points, everyone would start on the same level and then it would certainly be about skill.

People beforehand actually took time, money, etc to get decent items. While I'm all about an even playing field I have a problem with people new coming in and expecting to have the same items that most of us that have taken years to acquire have. However, had EA refrained from turning pvp into an item based event, we wouldn't have this problem. But since there is no turning back I can only expect that we earn these items.

Otherwise skill is still tied to templates and knowledge.

S

Splup

Yeah, I can't put this any better. Most factioners are ones who've been around long before these items anyways.

However, had EA refrained from turning pvp into an item based event, we wouldn't have this problem. But since there is no turning back I can only expect that we earn these items.

Otherwise skill is still tied to templates and knowledge.
Yep.

I PvP:d when there was no Powerscrolls or arties, just the old magic system (ruin, might, force, power, vanq etc.). Using GM leather armor on a mage... And I'd like to go back to when the items rly didnt matter that much. I think Imbuing and Faction arties are right way towards that, making the best items more available, letting everyone make good armor sets. Also what I like, these items let us make very different templates.

But there we disagree, I feel like the skill should be tied to templates, knowledge and fast thinking, not items. Ofc very decent PvPr in ok suit will take down a newbie in super suit, but I think you can see where I'm going with this.

But if great items are given to PvP for "free", there should be a way to keep these from going to PvM. And that's the hard part...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the only way to do that is to have them drop in their pack as soon as they leave the Felluca facet.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say open the fighting up to tram.. you can use the shineys, but you run the risk of getting faction killed.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should do it to all facets, Trammel and Felluca are already sparse enough. Finding someone to kill would be more difficult than it already is. Otherwise they'd just migrate to Malas and stay there.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that's what he meant. Felucca and Trammel-rulesets.

I'm yet to here a decent argument against this idea. I'd really like to here a smart challenge of cross-facet factions. I might try to make up some arguments against it myself, just to play devil's advocate. Just now not. Later. :)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think there really is any reason not to. They don't want to extend regular pvp but extending factions is mutual pvping when you join a faction. I don't see the problem either.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its been almost an hour, and I've come up with several arguments against the idea...but I myself shot them down horribly. But I'll be back with a decent reason NOT to do it, I think.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck! If it helps most opposing arguements simply disregard the facts and try to either say we have no proof, start flaming, or just make something up. Hope this helps.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am usually good at making arguments for cases that I do not support.

I'll get this. I'll get it. Just need more time.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres the only good argument, you can't make a change that would suddenly put people at great risk to log in and get killed in trammel rulesets because they weren't aware of the change.

Here is the solution:

Remove everyone form factions, change the gump on the faction join stone to remind everyone that you will be kill-able in any ruleset.

By doing this you're also removing the massive point bull****. While this is going on - take out the dbl/trip kill point crap.

It's a winner!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres the only good argument, you can't make a change that would suddenly put people at great risk to log in and get killed in trammel rulesets because they weren't aware of the change.

Here is the solution:

Remove everyone form factions, change the gump on the faction join stone to remind everyone that you will be kill-able in any ruleset.

By doing this you're also removing the massive point bull****. While this is going on - take out the dbl/trip kill point crap.

It's a winner!
As far as I'm concerned anyone who has faction items/mounts who mainly stays in tram and doesn't have them insured deserves to lose their stuff anyway. So... easy day... Exploiters punished and forigven for the crimes against the relevant population!

lol I'm joking. Seriously though, I would say don't remove anyone from factions, just turn all their stuff auto insured. That's just me. I've been in same factions on several shards for many many years and I would like to think one day you will get some sort of recognition for being in factions a long time. :)

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...and I would like to think one day you will get some sort of recognition for being in factions a long time. :)
Lol. *pats Anthius on the head* That statement was just adorable. :p

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless they make it like siege where reds can go in any facet I'm not for that change. That punishes the real pvpers who are red and do factions who are looking for nothing but pvp killing anyone we can. Unless reds can join in on that, it's a terrible change. Reds should not be punished for having the balls to be perma flagged while everyone else sits in luna. This is ONLY if they were to make factions in any facet.

Some real changes would be removing the guards from TB base that should not be spawning. Again being blue should not help you win a fight because you're not flagging npcs that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Fixing trap boxes so if you kill your self you go in stat, I don't care if the points are given to the person that did the most damage or not. So long as these horrible pvpers that blow them selves up for 36-83 dmg go in stat.

Fixing the faction/non faction alliance.