• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Squeeze till it hurts!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm all for change - but a change that includes new objects, new interactions, new career tracks, improved graphics, etc.,.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to believe that in time that will come. If we look back on Luc's initial posts before we had a developement teams, new cities, new updates, and things for them to communicate to us, the initial major issue was the economy. Well... the exploit too.

Those issues are currently being ironed out. Until the one major fault (according to the players and the posts I've seen here over the years) the other stuff will be somewhat secondary.

Who doesn't want new objects/interactions? That essentially goes without saying.

But in my mind, EAland is a new game. If it really is that frustrating, I could make the gentle suggestion of you putting your subscription on hold and riding it out until things improve to your liking. I doubt anyone wants you to play a game you find deplorable.

None of us are forced to be here. We make that decision monthly by allowing EA to bill our credit cards. And by no means is this statement directed at any one specific, but I see people touting what they pay and how long they played like you are doing EA a favor. EA is a business when you allow EA to bill your credit card you are basically allowing them a business transaction. They are providing a service to you and you are using that service. I'm sure many can and will hop out and complain about the service they receive, and that is a matter of opinion... but in the end if you don't like what you pay for..... stop paying for it.

I'm sure for anyone who hates what EAland is and has become so much that they find it a hardship to play, nobody will hold it against you if you decided to withhold your subscription fees.

That is of course until you see the game going in a direction you like.
I happen to ilke the direction this game is going in, which is why I keep my accounts activated.

Do I think its perfect. No. But I do feel it is a work in progress. And I have the same sort of optimism I had when I first logged in years ago and thought of the possibilities of playing.

so
yeah thats why I'm excited

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

She was not replying to you, Shirl, she was replying to Johnny's remark about a single player scenario. In fact, she and any other poster, has a right to make comments whether they are constructive or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to start splitting hairs, but ummm since when? Did rules A and B get removed from the RoC? I agree that the comment wasn't directed at Shirl when she thought it was, but if it had've been her anger would have been justified and definitely not deserving of an evil eye and to be told that other people have the right to make comments (that are snide and rude, if they are) whether they are constructive or not. This is part of the problem of WHY the negativity has gotten so rampant. The 1st ammendment and Rules A and B of the RoC seem to often collide, and it seems subjective as to which one wins out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you need to re-examine the definitions of constructive and non-constructive comments. Neither definition includes the words 'disrespectful' or 'destructive'. For example most of your comments, being about the RoC rather than the original topic of payouts, are non-constructive, in this thread...not to mention off topic.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

She was not replying to you, Shirl, she was replying to Johnny's remark about a single player scenario. In fact, she and any other poster, has a right to make comments whether they are constructive or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to start splitting hairs, but ummm since when? Did rules A and B get removed from the RoC? I agree that the comment wasn't directed at Shirl when she thought it was, but if it had've been her anger would have been justified and definitely not deserving of an evil eye and to be told that other people have the right to make comments (that are snide and rude, if they are) whether they are constructive or not. This is part of the problem of WHY the negativity has gotten so rampant. The 1st ammendment and Rules A and B of the RoC seem to often collide, and it seems subjective as to which one wins out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you need to re-examine the definitions of constructive and non-constructive comments. Neither definition includes the words 'disrespectful' or 'destructive'. For example most of your comments, being about the RoC rather than the original topic of payouts, are non-constructive, in this thread...not to mention off topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gilly, As you know I am fairly new to stratics but an old timer TSO player and in general, I have seen comments go beyond controversy. I have read many comments that in no way pertain to the subject in question but are outright bashings of the poster. Is this acceptable to you as a Moderater? A heated disagreement is to be expected IMO, but snide remarks that have no bearing on the topic whatsoever I feel is rude and disrespectful. I guess I need to go and read up on rules of conduct because it was my understanding that Stratics did not tolerate outright disrepect. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I

imported_SimTripps

There's a big difference between snide remarks, disrespectful remarks and contraversial remarks...

This is a forum - web forums are a modern, electronic version of the old Roman forums - a place for open discussion and voicing ideas and opinions... And not everybody is going to have the same opinion and interpretation on the topics discussed... We must accept that people will disagree with us, regardless of how pissed off they get at our point of view lol... If we all thought the same way, the world would be a dull place lol.. And we can't expect to change someone's mind and/or force them to see and/or understand our point of view - this is futile to attempt - so there's bound to be dissent. It's how we handle the dissent against our beliefs and points of view that's the key....

To me, there's no point in getting upset if someone disagrees. Even if it appears to be a personal attack.... You know why? Because they don't know me personally, so how can they? They just end up making themselves look silly lol....

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

There's a big difference between snide remarks, disrespectful remarks and contraversial remarks...

This is a forum - web forums are a modern, electronic version of the old Roman forums - a place for open discussion and voicing ideas and opinions... And not everybody is going to have the same opinion and interpretation on the topics discussed... We must accept that people will disagree with us, regardless of how pissed off they get at our point of view lol... If we all thought the same way, the world would be a dull place lol.. And we can't expect to change someone's mind and/or force them to see and/or understand our point of view - this is futile to attempt - so there's bound to be dissent. It's how we handle the dissent against our beliefs and points of view that's the key....

To me, there's no point in getting upset if someone disagrees. Even if it appears to be a personal attack.... You know why? Because they don't know me personally, so how can they? They just end up making themselves look silly lol....

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally that heat often rises from disagreements between individuals but that's not what i'm referring to. . It's the rude insults that are posted that don't apply to the topic at hand. I have often seen our Mod's remind us of respect so where is the line drawn. I will give an example. One poster stated that she was surprised at the drop in payouts when she was playing maze using her multiple accounts. Someone responded with accusations that the person was just shocked becasue she was using a bot.
In all actuallity, this person became defensive and for good reason. It even irked me. This persons motive was to intentionlly be rude.
I do thank you for your input and I understand what you trying to explain to me.

I

imported_SimTripps

No problemo, hun - I agree. The thing is, we have no control over how people respond to us... And the mods can't remove EVERY reply that has a tinge of dissent in it... so I guess we'll have to accept the fact that there will sometimes be fools making inappropriate reponses, that are nowhere near the subject of discussion rofl.. Set them straight if we have to - and if they refuse to listen, then just ignore them rofl...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally that heat often rises from disagreements between individuals but that's not what i'm referring to. . It's the rude insults that are posted that don't apply to the topic at hand. I have often seen our Mod's remind us of respect so where is the line drawn. I will give an example. One poster stated that she was surprised at the drop in payouts when she was playing maze using her multiple accounts. Someone responded with accusations that the person was just shocked becasue she was using a bot.
In all actuallity, this person became defensive and for good reason. It even irked me. This persons motive was to intentionlly be rude.
I do thank you for your input and I understand what you trying to explain to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether being called a 'botter' is disrespectful or not, pretty much depends on how you feel about bots. Luc even started a post of the Blog asking how to integrate bots into the game....he was met with outrage, but it does point out that completely different attitudes can exist on a word/name/issue.

Moderators try not to be too heavy-handed in City Hall, to allow the widest variety of posters to express themselves. One person's 'rude' is another person's 'simple truth'. What is snarky in one person's social context, may be ordinary, everyday dialog in someone else's. On these boards we are dealing with people from middle school to retirement, from all parts of the world, and many layers of society, so it is only to be expected that many different standards of polite expression are to be found here.

Posts in City Hall are rarely gentle and can frequently skirt the borders of 'disrespectful', and it is why everyone is advised to grow a thick skin and wear flame retardant suits, when posting here. There are several ways to deal with it.

If many posters are getting riled up in a thread, or drifting too far off-topic, moderators will try to tone it down or bring it back into line, by reminding them of the <font color="blue">Stratics Rules of Conduct</font>.

If someone feels a post or poster has crossed the line, then please use the 'Notify Moderator' button at the bottom of the post, and moderators will review the post, and decide if it needs to be pulled.

If someone's posting style is consistantly annoying, then there is the option of putting them on ignore (from the Control Panel) and not having to see their responses.

If anyone feels that the Stratics Rules of Conduct or Moderator's interpretation of them, are not being handled properly, they have a choice of starting a thread for public discussion on the subject in the Stratics Discussion Forum, or writing to [email protected].

I

imported_Shirl1211

Thank you Gilly. That makes sense. Like I had said before, i'm fairly new to this and I like the part where you say we need to grow tough skin
I really appreciate you taking the time to explain to me what I need to learn and expect.