• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Squeeze till it hurts!

D

DGLita

So I got home early from work, sorted out my stores and then thought I would settle down for nice relaxing spot of coding.

Shock Horror!! yesterday my 3 high skill sims were getting 77 a code and today its a paltry 23!!!!!

Squeeze all ya like EA, ya cant keep a good sim down! Just dont come near my house or ill bite ya legs off

G

<blockquote><hr>

So I got home early from work, sorted out my stores and then thought I would settle down for nice relaxing spot of coding.

Shock Horror!! yesterday my 3 high skill sims were getting 77 a code and today its a paltry 23!!!!!

Squeeze all ya like EA, ya cant keep a good sim down! Just dont come near my house or ill bite ya legs off

[/ QUOTE ]

I look at it as a test of wills. EA is trying to find out how low they can drive prices before players will feel *forced* to buy simoleans from them. I for one am answering that call by resolving not to buy simoleans however long I have to remain homeless, however long it takes me to not be able to afford the accessories I want, however long it takes me to do whatever. You're right, you can't keep a good sim down and this will definitely separate the girls/boys from the men/women in the test of wills for sure!

N

NightFlyer

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

EA may be surprised at how many accounts they lose along the journey.

As for all the new accounts they hope to replace our old ones with I have to wonder how patient they will be if they, too, resolve not to buy simoleons? We know what it is to wait things out with EA.

They may not.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I look at it as a test of wills. EA is trying to find out how low they can drive prices before players will feel *forced* to buy simoleans from them. I for one am answering that call by resolving not to buy simoleans however long I have to remain homeless, however long it takes me to not be able to afford the accessories I want, however long it takes me to do whatever. You're right, you can't keep a good sim down and this will definitely separate the girls/boys from the men/women in the test of wills for sure!

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, have a fantasy of winning Mega-Millions or whatever rl jackpot is out there. Then, I am gonna buy a gazillion simoleans from EA, which I will give away to you all. Take that, "real economy." Muhahahahaha.

G

why not make a boycott atm thread? show them that we wont buy their simoleans and we want our options brought back to earn better pays.

I

imported_CherryBomb

I expect that the job object payouts will continue to be lowered until the developers find the level at which noone will use them. If that drives everyone to jobs tracks, they will lower those too. The object is clearly to have players buy Simoleons from EA and use that money to buy valuable custom content from other players. This is a valid business model (although such games are usually "free-to-play"), but it depends on having custom content people are willing to pay cash for. It's not looking like we will be there for quite a while, and in the meantime there will not be much to do.

If noone works, how many people are going to push their skills up just for the interactions? We may end up with stores, crafting shops, and what amounts to entertainment lots. If that's the case, they had better give us something entertaining damn quick. The main knock I heard against TSO when it came out was "There's nothing to do." That's what doomed TSO and if there are even fewer things to do in EA Land, I can hardly be optimistic.

CherryBomb

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I expect that the job object payouts will continue to be lowered until the developers find the level at which noone will use them. If that drives everyone to jobs tracks, they will lower those too. The object is clearly to have players buy Simoleons from EA and use that money to buy valuable custom content from other players. This is a valid business model (although such games are usually "free-to-play"), but it depends on having custom content people are willing to pay cash for. It's not looking like we will be there for quite a while, and in the meantime there will not be much to do.

If noone works, how many people are going to push their skills up just for the interactions? We may end up with stores, crafting shops, and what amounts to entertainment lots. If that's the case, they had better give us something entertaining damn quick. The main knock I heard against TSO when it came out was "There's nothing to do." That's what doomed TSO and if there are even fewer things to do in EA Land, I can hardly be optimistic.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking that the boredom factor will play into the hope that we will all use EA Land as the hub to enter one of the other EA games that will be available. Buy money to do what you want, or escape the mind numbing boredom by playing something else (that maybe you will want to purchase).

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I am thinking that the boredom factor will play into the hope that we will all use EA Land as the hub to enter one of the other EA games that will be available. Buy money to do what you want, or escape the mind numbing boredom by playing something else (that maybe you will want to purchase).

[/ QUOTE ]

so in essence destroy completely the game we once loved only to make it a gateway to their other games hmm thats exactly what i said so many months ago..

I

imported_Shirl1211

Low object payouts we're my prediction as soon as they put in the ATM machines. I will never buy simoleans. I really don't see what good they are anyway except for building and furnishing your home right now and even at $51 payout with maxed skill, eventually we will get there.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Wow! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this! I've gotten the distinct impression that EA-Land isn't just a rename of TSO; it's a gateway to a Pogo-esque environment, of which TSO will serve as the commercial district.

G

I think money is just becoming to common in EALand, remember what happened in the other cities? people got so rich that there was no challenge. How do you know they are just not draining the economy. and how about when you can sell your simoleons back? thats a pretty cool feature. i think you all are turning a mole hill into a mountain or whatever that saying is. you are also jumping to conclusions to say the least.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well damnit ! Thats my money making hopes out of the window ...

Polly

G

It really just does not make sense from a "real" point of view. They mentioned making the game more dynamic like the real world. Right... glad I don't work for someone that pays me $77 for an hour one day and then $23 for the same work the next day. No thanks and good luck!!!

I

imported_CherryBomb

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. EA's website is a more efficient hub for connecting customers with games they want to play than a game ever could be. Unless they have automated sales-Sims running from house to house flogging the latest John Madden NFL. [shudders]

This development effort IS a for-real stab at making a profitable product, they are just trying to change the business model from strictly subscription to (indirectly) selling premium content. This means changing from a "game" game to more of a "social space." (Think: World of Warcraft vs Second Life) Before anyone tells me that TSO was never anything but a social space anyway, take a look at where people spent their time in-game: 90%+ of it in skill or money lots.

My opinion is that it would have been better to simply start a new game rather than try to change the old one, as I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the groups of people who like each different type of game, and would make the transition with you. By killing off the "game" aspects of TSO before having any premium content worth buying, we're pretty much left with nothing.

CherryBomb

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. EA's website is a more efficient hub for connecting customers with games they want to play than a game ever could be. Unless they have automated sales-Sims running from house to house flogging the latest John Madden NFL. [shudders]

This development effort IS a for-real stab at making a profitable product, they are just trying to change the business model from strictly subscription to (indirectly) selling premium content. This means changing from a "game" game to more of a "social space." (Think: World of Warcraft vs Second Life) Before anyone tells me that TSO was never anything but a social space anyway, take a look at where people spent their time in-game: 90%+ of it in skill or money lots.

My opinion is that it would have been better to simply start a new game rather than try to change the old one, as I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the groups of people who like each different type of game, and would make the transition with you. By killing off the "game" aspects of TSO before having any premium content worth buying, we're pretty much left with nothing.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. However...

It was mentioned that EA games are expected to be integrated into EA Land, so you and I could, if we so desired, leave our EA Land homes and head out for a game of (for instance) John Madden NFL. I join you in shuddering, but I thought that was the plan for EA Land: to be a hub or portal where EA games can be marketed. I think EA Land will be advertised in every EA game as a place where game purchasers can "join the community of other EA gamers like yourself, while finding a job, fun activities and even romance!" while also talking EA Gaming and trying out the newest games. I could be way off, but that is what I read (maybe between the lines) at the blog.

At this rate, with the way things are going, it would be the worst marketing ploy ever. Pinning hopes on Facebook is only marginally better.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]You shush! Stop giving them ideas!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think money is just becoming to common in EALand, remember what happened in the other cities? people got so rich that there was no challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, making money or skilling or whatever should not be a challenge. TSO is a graphic chatbox. I already find most stuff in the game too mundane and boring to do anything with (except building of course). I am totally surprised this game is still around after all these years. It's not like people stay in the game for the game play. It's for the community. For all I care they make EA-land a true sandbox and indeed a gateway to other real games. Online chess, checkers, bejeweled, little online racing games, shoot 'm ups and other things. You go to a house hosting these games and hop there you go. And in the mean time you can earn money in EA land by making custom content or buying from the ATM. For simoleans you should be able to buy custom stuff for all the games, like suits for the shoot 'm ups, cars for the race games. Chess boards to be able to host chess games on your lot.

Did I just hit a goldmine? hehe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think money is just becoming to common in EALand, remember what happened in the other cities? people got so rich that there was no challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, making money or skilling or whatever should not be a challenge. TSO is a graphic chatbox. I already find most stuff in the game too mundane and boring to do anything with (except building of course). I am totally surprised this game is still around after all these years. It's not like people stay in the game for the game play. It's for the community. For all I care they make EA-land a true sandbox and indeed a gateway to other real games. Online chess, checkers, bejeweled, little online racing games, shoot 'm ups and other things. You go to a house hosting these games and hop there you go. And in the mean time you can earn money in EA land by making custom content or buying from the ATM. For simoleans you should be able to buy custom stuff for all the games, like suits for the shoot 'm ups, cars for the race games. Chess boards to be able to host chess games on your lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but you struck a nerve.
Seems to me you are another one of those people who are perplexed that OTHER people don't see things your way.
People are playing this game for as many different reasons as there are players.
The very fact that many aspects of the game are discussed hotly (even vehemently) should tell you that.

G

That is the same impresion I got. I do not know where from. LMAO I think hanging out at the pub for so long.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Seems to me you are another one of those people who are perplexed that OTHER people don't see things your way.
People are playing this game for as many different reasons as there are players.
The very fact that many aspects of the game are discussed hotly (even vehemently) should tell you that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say I am I guess.
Can you tell me what the fun is in watching your sim read a book for 1 hour, then click on 5 objects to green up, then return watching your sim read a book?

Can you tell me what the fun is in watching your sim paint and click on the paint item every 3 minutes for an hour straight?

Can you tell me what the fun is in saying which pizza ingredients should go into the oven, not after an hour, but after months and hours and 1000s of pizzas?

I *think* (perhaps you find it the most enjoyable thing in the world) that you do not find it any fun either. I *think* that the actual fun is there while you chat and interact with the other players. Hence my statement "The gameplay is not fun, the community is"

If they would be given money by EA to actually make the gameplay half decent and still keep the community tight, the game would skyrocket again. I personally think that revamping the game but keeping the same gameplay elements there is not the way to do it and will eventually lead to closure or a marginal existence (making just enough money or profit % to sustain the game's existence, which will lead to just a handful of players who all know each other still logging in).

I hope they will start thinking bigger than they are now by making the current gameplay way more sandbox like and start developing real gameplay elements. A cardgame or chessgame interface for example.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then again, there's alot to be said for being flexible and being able to roll with the punches, so to speak. What I got from Johnny's post is the same way alot of us feel....if we were here for the game, we'd have been gone long ago, or wouldn't have come back in hopes of new beginnings. It's not the game that keeps those that *are* here, here. It's the community....the friends they've made, the memories they have. No matter what the 'game' transmogrifies into, the community doesn't have to change unless they choose to. What has me discouraged, disheartened, disenchanted etc., is that so many who claim to have that same love of the community aspect are allowing themselves to change in ways that won't foster a continuing good environment, but will spark negativity like a wildfire that can sweep the whole thing gone before people can blink an eye. If you don't know what I mean, look at the number of posts just on this page of people saying "I wish the game would just shut down if things are gonna be like this".....that's a classic example of putting the needs of self above the needs of the community. Not that putting the whole's needs ahead of one's self or above an individual's needs is an easy or simple thing to do, because it isn't at all....but those who truly have that love for the community are scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel just trying to make the best of what we have for however long we have it, rather than finding fault with it and pointing out with every 3rd post that it isn't exactly what "I" (collective, meaning the individual talking about themselves) want. That's one of the early lessons of parenthood, and those who were destined to be parents learn it...how to set aside your own desires for what's good for the family unit. We as a community are the family unit, and I would love to see more focus on the needs of our family rather than the needs of ourselves individually....because especially right now, those two things will probably collide. Growing pains aren't called PAINS for nothing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You can say I am I guess.
Can you tell me what the fun is in watching your sim read a book for 1 hour, then click on 5 objects to green up, then return watching your sim read a book?

Can you tell me what the fun is in watching your sim paint and click on the paint item every 3 minutes for an hour straight?

Can you tell me what the fun is in saying which pizza ingredients should go into the oven, not after an hour, but after months and hours and 1000s of pizzas?

I *think* (perhaps you find it the most enjoyable thing in the world) that you do not find it any fun either. I *think* that the actual fun is there while you chat and interact with the other players. Hence my statement "The gameplay is not fun, the community is"

If they would be given money by EA to actually make the gameplay half decent and still keep the community tight, the game would skyrocket again. I personally think that revamping the game but keeping the same gameplay elements there is not the way to do it and will eventually lead to closure or a marginal existence (making just enough money or profit % to sustain the game's existence, which will lead to just a handful of players who all know each other still logging in).

I hope they will start thinking bigger than they are now by making the current gameplay way more sandbox like and start developing real gameplay elements. A cardgame or chessgame interface for example.

[/ QUOTE ]
No matter how you want to spin it, it's STILL just your opinion - and as such, it's perfectly valid. But when you start judging other's style of playing, it's no longer an opinion, but a condemnation. You are saying that your personal standard is the one to which players should adhere.

e.g. You think building is all that - whereas someone else (me, for instance) might find it boring in the extreme. But I would never suggest that you 'should' change your style of playing to suit me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No matter how you want to spin it, it's STILL just your opinion - and as such, it's perfectly valid. But when you start judging other's style of playing, it's no longer an opinion, but a condemnation. You are saying that your personal standard is the one to which players should adhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I don't condemn, I just don't understand it. I want this game to be played by a million players, not by just a couple of thousand. With the current gameplay that simply won't work.

<blockquote><hr>

e.g. You think building is all that - whereas someone else (me, for instance) might find it boring in the extreme. But I would never suggest that you 'should' change your style of playing to suit me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want you to change your style of playing. It's even perfect synergy. Person A makes money by reading a book in real life and click on their sim every 3 minutes to sell a painting for some hours, then they give that money to me and I build something for them. They don't need to build. I don't need to make money

However, that has changed a bit in EA-land since money has become a valuable commodity now and building has no effect on the game other than pure aesthetics. When people need to pay 10$ to paint the walls of their house or sell paintings for 15 hours to wallpaper a simple 25x25 cardboard house... the balance is gone.

L

Lucky Lisa

store owner, no chance less than 5 accounts ....
relaxing code time ... (??!!)
****pretty stressfull if you do it with other sims to me *****

caling it 3 high skills ... but aware of exact payout .. 77 .. sounds like an oh so shocked botter to me
.. AND complaining bout it here??

enjoy lower payouts hahahhahha

L

Lucky Lisa

caling it 3 high skills ... but aware of exact payout .. 77 .. sounds like an oh so shocked botter to me

O

ozzynowgone

these payouts being lowered is exactly ea forcing ppl to buy simoleans from them

which i seen from the beginning which is why i left the game when they started making changes

becoming ea land is nothing but a big scam to get more and more cash out of ppls wallets and ladies purses

the game we all used to know is gone now its to be a cash cow for ea is all

just as i said from the time of tc3 beginning more and more ppl are gonna leave this imposter of tso

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not true. <u>I don't condemn</u>, I just don't understand it. I want this game to be played by a million players, not by just a couple of thousand. <u>With the current gameplay that simply won't work.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]
See what I mean?
<blockquote><hr>

...the balance is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are speaking of EA Land, there never was any balance to begin with, and there never will be with their current method of "adjusting" things.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering that the game tells you exactly how much you make, it is no surprise that he knows how much the "exact payout" is. (Not the max at that time BTW)
Playing Code (or pizza, or band, or anything else) with your own 'paid for' accounts, does not a "botter" make.
...and don't forget - YOU will be "enjoying" the lower payouts as well.

D

DGLita

Lucky Lisa _ I can tell you categorically that I AM NOT a botter! I hate botters and If I beleive anyone IS botting I report them, which I have done with about half a dozen money houses so far.

Yes you are almost right about the number of accounts, I actually have 6. I run 2 stores, NIckleNDime and NickleNDIme furniture and I have several other properties which are mostly used for warehousing. The money house I own is called Garden Gnome, and thanks to the high skill speed today I managed to max out skills on Arum Bill and Beary Nice, the 3 sims I use to do code with.

Running a store makes good money, since EAL LAnd opened ive made well in excess of 500k, but it is boring boring boring. So once Ive stocked my stores up each day, I play code on Arum Bill and Beary at Garden Gnone. Please visit anytime its open , and you will soon become aware that there is no bot running there. I dont use a bot, I dont even use a chart, because I like working it out in my head as I go. And if you think Im raking it in on code, let me tell you that this evening I have made about 1200 simoleans total in the past 4 hours, what with answering queries at teh stores and keeping my sims green. With the money I earn in the stores, I dont NEED to code, I do it because I enjoy it.

This is how I choose to play the game, I pay for these 6 accounts and I wont have ANYONE accusing me of being a botter

Lita NickleNDime

D

DGLita

This thread was never even intended to be taken seriously either for that matter.

When the code payouts dropped from 77 to 23, I was suddenly reminded, for some strange reason, of the Monty Python film Holy Grail.

In the film, KIng Arthur is recruiting his Knights of the Round Table throughout England. He gets frustrated at every turn by anarcho-syndicalist peasants, a Black Knight that refuses to give up despite losing both his arms and legs, and guards that are more concerned with the flight patterns of swallows than their lord and master. Finally he meets up with Sir Bedevere the Wise, Sir Lancelot the Brave, Sir Galahad the Pure (also called "the Chaste"), Sir Robin the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot, and "the aptly named Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film", and declares them the Knights of the Round Table. They are given a quest by God to find the Holy Grail.

It was the scene with the Black Knight that popped into my head, King Arthur and his Knights need to get through the forest guarded by the Black Knight. The Black Knight refuses to let them through and battle ensues. The Black Knight is hopelessly out numbered being 1 against 6, but refuses to give in. Eventually King Arthur slices the Black Knights arm off with his sword. The Black Knight still refuses to give in. King Arthur says to him 'you are mortally wounded' The Black Knight looks at the stump where his arm was and says 'This? its just a scratch!' King Arthur continues to fight the Black Knight, slicing off the other arm and then eventually both legs of the Black Knight. As the King and his Knights head on through the forest there is this legless armless body stump left of the Black Knight shouting after them, 'Come back you B'stards, Ill bite yer legs off'

I just see this similarity with the hopelessness of the Black Knights cause (Ea Players fighting to keep their payouts) fighting the mighty King Arthur and his Knights who have all the control.

If you reread my first post on this thread with this in mind, you will hopefully see the humour in it

G

<blockquote><hr>

See what I mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was just stating a fact. Low review ratings, low number of players. Sure there's always the small group of players but if I read all the posts here it seem to be mostly they are staying due to the community

If you call that condemning, then I guess we have a different opinion on its definition. Agreeing to disagree

L

Lucky Lisa

my apologies to person started thread

personal message made me reread it ...

omg i'm sry to jump at you, calling you a botter.
guess was the heat of the moment, or the drugs - since coding is very stressfull to me. i must have assumed .. also apologizing for getting personal!

i'm not REALLY against botters when i think about it, they pay good money for those programs.. i'm not pro botters either, i could also see how non-botters get jealous ..
then caring that much to be jealous, you are all free to also buy the 3rd party programs... you'll get free and even bug-free updates on em i read hehe

that happy-bear-with-tree-signature poster said maxis could never know anyway...

(sure to take beating from those few dedicated ones now)

well for future records .. *lucky lisa* might just try to tick you off / is bored / on drugs or wants to provoke ..

but it's just the internet, we're all getting way to mad at other user-names

B

brendagfrie

Hey I resent that remark!!! I play code with myself all the time and have one sim on each account maxed in the appropriate area..eg one maxed in logic, one in body and one in mech. I worked very hard to have three sims skilling at differnt lots to get the skills maxed and did it because I saw that code was the one thing that was actually rewarding you for high skills. You don't need a bot to code by yourself, just three accounts and a brain.

T

turtleface

<blockquote><hr>

Hey I resent that remark!!! I play code with myself all the time and have one sim on each account maxed in the appropriate area..eg one maxed in logic, one in body and one in mech. I worked very hard to have three sims skilling at differnt lots to get the skills maxed and did it because I saw that code was the one thing that was actually rewarding you for high skills. You don't need a bot to code by yourself, just three accounts and a brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a computer that can handle 3 windows at once, lol... poor me... even two is trouble most of the time

G

<blockquote><hr>

well for future records .. *lucky lisa* might just try to tick you off / is bored / on drugs or wants to provoke ..

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're speaking of being on drugs for pain management or other some such legit reason, then yes I understand sometimes the side effects of those can be not so great and make you act in ways you wouldn't otherwise and/or say things you'd normally refrain from saying, even if you were thinking them. If you're talking about illicit drugs that have no other purpose than recreation, then I'd suggest either cutting wayyyyyyy back on them or at least padlocking the computer when you're on them to resist the temptation to give away the fact that you're on em. Mostly I'd suggest just not using those at all, but if a person's gonna, then they really won't pay attention to that kind of advice anyway LOL.

<blockquote><hr>

but it's just the internet, we're all getting way to mad at other user-names

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* I've seen this said so many times, and I'll remind you of the same thing I remind anybody else of: behind every user name is a RL person, so be careful about saying you're insulting a 'username' and not a person....usernames can't post by themselves unless there's some kind of auto-device behind them, but those are used for spamming purposes only so I doubt any of those are used here. Absolutely a person should grow a thick skin and not get upset over the 'little things' sometimes, but there are other things that they have every right to get upset about....being labeled a crook or a cheater when they aren't one is one of those things that qualifies as not a 'little thing', IMO.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I have 5 accounts that I share with my husband..we do pizza together, with our own fingers and our own thinking brains. It's really not that hard to do. Actually , I have on occassion done it myself. Yes, all by myself without the use of any programs so I find it in very bad taste to assume that because some people can acheive this task that they are cheaters.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But then again, there's alot to be said for being flexible and being able to roll with the punches, so to speak. What I got from Johnny's post is the same way alot of us feel....if we were here for the game, we'd have been gone long ago, or wouldn't have come back in hopes of new beginnings. It's not the game that keeps those that *are* here, here. It's the community....the friends they've made, the memories they have. No matter what the 'game' transmogrifies into, the community doesn't have to change unless they choose to. What has me discouraged, disheartened, disenchanted etc., is that so many who claim to have that same love of the community aspect are allowing themselves to change in ways that won't foster a continuing good environment, but will spark negativity like a wildfire that can sweep the whole thing gone before people can blink an eye. If you don't know what I mean, look at the number of posts just on this page of people saying "I wish the game would just shut down if things are gonna be like this".....that's a classic example of putting the needs of self above the needs of the community. Not that putting the whole's needs ahead of one's self or above an individual's needs is an easy or simple thing to do, because it isn't at all....but those who truly have that love for the community are scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel just trying to make the best of what we have for however long we have it, rather than finding fault with it and pointing out with every 3rd post that it isn't exactly what "I" (collective, meaning the individual talking about themselves) want. That's one of the early lessons of parenthood, and those who were destined to be parents learn it...how to set aside your own desires for what's good for the family unit. We as a community are the family unit, and I would love to see more focus on the needs of our family rather than the needs of ourselves individually....because especially right now, those two things will probably collide. Growing pains aren't called PAINS for nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this one. I'm not in the game for friends since the biggest majority are long gone. I'm enjoying the prospect of a slow growing community . Sure, payouts are slow but I remember when gasoline was 35 cents a gallon too. It's going to take a long time but with certain skills and a creative mind we can prosper. I have done quite well so far. To me the fun is in the challenge. I try to set a goals like making a certain amount a day even if I have to jam or paint with 3 of my sims. Of course multiple accounts gives some an advantage but i'm also a giver. I gave a size 5 lot away yesterday to a new sim that wanted a store real bad and I had seen her jamming on different occasions. Hey, I think I found a new friend . LOL, but in all honesty that is the way I enjoy playing the game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this one. I'm not in the game for friends since the biggest majority are long gone. I'm enjoying the prospect of a slow growing community . Sure, payouts are slow but I remember when gasoline was 35 cents a gallon too. It's going to take a long time but with certain skills and a creative mind we can prosper

[/ QUOTE ]

So you do play for the community

Would you have played TSO if it was single player with no way to speed up the game?

I

Inge Jones

Lol sometimes I wish there was the fast-forward button even when there are other people online!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on this one. I'm not in the game for friends since the biggest majority are long gone. I'm enjoying the prospect of a slow growing community . Sure, payouts are slow but I remember when gasoline was 35 cents a gallon too. It's going to take a long time but with certain skills and a creative mind we can prosper

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you have played TSO if it was single player with no way to speed up the game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, MY BAD, but I do get a kick when some of you can't wait to jump on a post with your little snide remarks... My point was this, "I'm beginning to enjoy "THE" slow growing city because " I have a challenge that I have not had in a very long time in the game except when I moved a sim to DC"

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Lol sometimes I wish there was the fast-forward button even when there are other people online!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have anything constructive to say about my post whether it be agree or disagree then why even reply? Very rude but expected by a select few!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't have anything constructive to say about my post whether it be agree or disagree then why even reply? Very rude but expected by a select few!!

[/ QUOTE ]

She was not replying to you, Shirl, she was replying to Johnny's remark about a single player scenario. In fact, she and any other poster, has a right to make comments whether they are constructive or not.

I respectfully suggest, that if you do not take everything in it's worst light and as a personal crack, that you will find, very few people are rude just for the sake of being mean. And those that are, you can put on ignore.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sorry, MY BAD, but I do get a kick when some of you can't wait to jump on a post with your little snide remarks... My point was this, "I'm beginning to enjoy "THE" slow growing city because " I have a challenge that I have not had in a very long time in the game except when I moved a sim to DC"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not giving any snide remarks. I'm just asking if you would have played this game (and set yourself challenges and goals) if there wasn't a community and no fast forward. Meaning you would be playing code with yourself and watch your sim paint something every 4 minutes.

The point I'm trying to make is that the gameplay is bad, but that is bearable because there is this cool community you can chat and play with to distract you from the boredom of the actual game.

True, the community *is* part of the gameplay, but there are a lot of games that would still be fun without the community because the gameplay by itself is very strong.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not giving any snide remarks. I'm just asking if you would have played this game (and set yourself challenges and goals) if there wasn't a community and no fast forward. Meaning you would be playing code with yourself and watch your sim paint something every 4 minutes.

The point I'm trying to make is that the gameplay is bad, but that is bearable because there is this cool community you can chat and play with to distract you from the boredom of the actual game.

True, the community *is* part of the gameplay, but there are a lot of games that would still be fun without the community because the gameplay by itself is very strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the opinion in my post. I reread it and it did sound off the wall LOL but what I was intending it to say is that we have to work with what we have. I am not going to whine anymore about this and that and things that are completely out of our control. We have to work with what we have and i'm personally going to make it fun. Isn't that what games are for. I am truly sorry but you were not the one I was referring to about the rude comments and I truly apoligize it thats the way it sounded , though there's are few who apparently feel they have to be obnoxious. For whatever reason I don't know but I believe that the mod expect us all to have respect for one another. If you disagree with an opinion and reply thats different but i've seen alot of posts being taken out of context . I deserved your reply but hopefully I have cleared it up a bit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Shirl. The challenge (to have challenge again) is fun

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She was not replying to you, Shirl, she was replying to Johnny's remark about a single player scenario. In fact, she and any other poster, has a right to make comments whether they are constructive or not.

I respectfully suggest, that if you do not take everything in it's worst light and as a personal crack, that you will find, very few people are rude just for the sake of being mean. And those that are, you can put on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Gilly for the enlightenment. I guess this is why I am not fond of politics. I just feel that some of the responses that are made here aren't for any benefit at all since they don't refer to the topic in general but instead they insult the individual poster, not the post. I will try not to misread people in the future and to any I have falsely accused of this, I offer my apoligies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to start splitting hairs, but ummm since when? Did rules A and B get removed from the RoC? I agree that the comment wasn't directed at Shirl when she thought it was, but if it had've been her anger would have been justified and definitely not deserving of an evil eye and to be told that other people have the right to make comments (that are snide and rude, if they are) whether they are constructive or not. This is part of the problem of WHY the negativity has gotten so rampant. The 1st ammendment and Rules A and B of the RoC seem to often collide, and it seems subjective as to which one wins out.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad that at least there is SOMEONE out there finding these imposed 'new rules' a challenge, because I'm sure as Hell not LOL... I'm finding only virtual hardship and frustration lol...

Gaming motivation is built on a goal achievement and reward system, and if we're not rewarded in some way from our goal achievements - better stats, big monetary prizes and unlocked cars for races won, increased abilities, 6300000000000 lvl Warlock, etc.. - then what's the point of it all?

Now that our monetary reward system in TSO has been cut - not only drastically, but almost to nil, and that skills now make little difference in the amount you earn - I don't know about all of you, but I've sure lost alot of my motivation to play this game lately. I'm all for change - but a change that includes new objects, new interactions, new career tracks, improved graphics, etc., not this...

Seriously, like I said in another thread.. are my sims to live post-Revolutionary Bolshevik Dr. Zhivago lives now? lol..

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'm glad that at least there is SOMEONE out there finding these imposed 'new rules' a challenge, because I'm sure as Hell not LOL... I'm finding only virtual hardship and frustration lol...

Gaming motivation is built on a goal achievement and reward system, and if we're not rewarded in some way from our goal achievements - better stats, big monetary prizes and unlocked cars for races won, increased abilities, 6300000000000 lvl Warlock, etc.. - then what's the point of it all?

Now that our monetary reward system in TSO has been cut - not only drastically, but almost to nil, and that skills now make little difference in the amount you earn - I don't know about all of you, but I've sure lost alot of my motivation to play this game lately. I'm all for change - but a change that includes new objects, new interactions, new career tracks, improved graphics, etc., not this...

Seriously, like I said in another thread.. are my sims to live post-Revolutionary Bolshevik Dr. Zhivago lives now? lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. Boy, do I agree with you, comrade.

And, our Dr. Zhivago lives are without the great soundtrack.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, good read. Maybe EA thinks that after the huge economy boom we had "the exploit" we need to have the great depression. Next thing they will introduce is food vouchers.