• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*SPOILER* client 7.0.3.1

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
turning in 1 Halloween costume for one of the new costumes is very fair especially when we can pick which one we want.
It's not 1 for 1. This works pretty much like the spring cleaning (with a friendlier UI - at least I think so!)

Each Halloween costume has a value based on rarity, the rarer costumes being worth more obviously. Sarah's costumes also have a different cost. So for example, it might take 3 skeleton costumes to get 1 exotic costume, or a single gazer costume for that same exotic costume.

In some cases, it will be 1 Halloween costume for 1 (or more) exotic costume(s). But in most cases, it will be the other way around.

M

MariamATL

I missed the spring cleaning by 1 day and last years holiday gifts (didn realize i had to log ALL my chars in to get them even tho i maintain 3 acc i got 1 gift thanxs for nothing)
and we had to turn in 5 reds to get 1 costume now they get 1 for 1 NICE I wish i had saved my reds as well talk about getting the short end ....

now worries im shouting down 2 of my acc anyways about had it until theirs more balance to ALL skill sets.. me and all my guild members are swordsmen and have been waiting A LONG TIME to get a piece of the pie really over it at this point.

Maybe rename uo "tamers and mages" online TM Hunnn!
AARRRGHHHH!!! QUIT GRIPING ALREADY!!!!

Some of you people wouldn't be satisfied if they gave us an entire year FREE. You would gripe because you had to miss a day or two here or there for work....or because you can only get one year free and not three years. EVERYONE SHOULD CHILL!!!

Sakarrah had no "need" to come and respond to this spoiler thread but you know what, she took time out of her busy schedule to come and tell us a few answers to our questions.

SHE SAID, "it was more beneficial to have turned them in during the event than it will be trading them with Sarah. But at least those who missed the deadline now have a final chance to do so IF they want to. Note however that turning in red crystals now will NOT give you one of the old Halloween costumes."

She never said one for one and since she said it would be more beneficial for us to have turned them in the first time I would say it will probably take more than 5 this go around to get a new costume. The one for one thing is for the costume to costume. You have an old skele one laying around and you can get a new "XYZ" one from the NPC.

And as for the having to log in to get Christmas presents, PLEASE! I honestly only have one account with the max number of players on every shard but really did it take that long to log on and get them. If you weren't playing the characters and didn't take the time to log in to get Christmas stuff, then that's your fault. It's NOT UO's fault!

K

Kiminality

Is this turn-in going to be absolutely dependant on the previous one?
As in, will it be only red crystals and costumes, or will she accept thing other than from the previous event? Or alternatively, will the red crystals be somehow made reavailable?

B

BeefSupreme

Its amazing all the stuff we lost over the years by taking breaks at the wrong time.

The thing I hate the most is all those Heritage Tokens. Man that is just soo sad. Seems like you'd get the stuff if you paid for the game the next time you logged on... We didn't ever not pay them.

We missed the Chargers too.
And they make more money too if you pay for an account and don't use it.
That's the wet dream of any service provider. Pay but don't use.

O

olduofan

I missed the spring cleaning by 1 day and last years holiday gifts (didn realize i had to log ALL my chars in to get them even tho i maintain 3 acc i got 1 gift thanxs for nothing)
and we had to turn in 5 reds to get 1 costume now they get 1 for 1 NICE I wish i had saved my reds as well talk about getting the short end ....

now worries im shouting down 2 of my acc anyways about had it until theirs more balance to ALL skill sets.. me and all my guild members are swordsmen and have been waiting A LONG TIME to get a piece of the pie really over it at this point.

AARRRGHHHH!!! QUIT GRIPING ALREADY!!!!

Some of you people wouldn't be satisfied if they gave us an entire year FREE. You would gripe because you had to miss a day or two here or there for work....or because you can only get one year free and not three years. EVERYONE SHOULD CHILL!!!

Sakarrah had no "need" to come and respond to this spoiler thread but you know what, she took time out of her busy schedule to come and tell us a few answers to our questions.

SHE SAID, "it was more beneficial to have turned them in during the event than it will be trading them with Sarah. But at least those who missed the deadline now have a final chance to do so IF they want to. Note however that turning in red crystals now will NOT give you one of the old Halloween costumes."

She never said one for one and since she said it would be more beneficial for us to have turned them in the first time I would say it will probably take more than 5 this go around to get a new costume. The one for one thing is for the costume to costume. You have an old skele one laying around and you can get a new "XYZ" one from the NPC.

And as for the having to log in to get Christmas presents, PLEASE! I honestly only have one account with the max number of players on every shard but really did it take that long to log on and get them. If you weren't playing the characters and didn't take the time to log in to get Christmas stuff, then that's your fault. It's NOT UO's fault!
I had no way of knowing I had to log in all my chars I didn think they would one day after years of it being NO NEED TO LOG IN FOR GIFTS say they only get them if they log in and are currently playing some times people stop playing for long periods of time like i do BUT I STILL PAY FOR MY ACC and I realize if i dont play i miss out on events and turn ins but HOLIDAY gifts WTF I pay but didn know IT changed It has nothing to with being LAZY so how about you chill

read the post again I never said anything about wanting a FREE year of game play nor did i say IM pissed i missed XYZ

dont quote me if you cant take the time to read my post and comprehend the point of it :wall:

By the way I have 180 mask :twak:

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not 1 for 1. This works pretty much like the spring cleaning (with a friendlier UI - at least I think so!)

Each Halloween costume has a value based on rarity, the rarer costumes being worth more obviously. Sarah's costumes also have a different cost. So for example, it might take 3 skeleton costumes to get 1 exotic costume, or a single gazer costume for that same exotic costume.

In some cases, it will be 1 Halloween costume for 1 (or more) exotic costume(s). But in most cases, it will be the other way around.
Wow, thank you so much for doing it this way.

Those turkeys were mad fun to kill too. Thanks for that as well. We kept doing it after we had all the stuff because when you got 4-5 of them in a pile it was very exciting.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is this turn-in going to be absolutely dependant on the previous one?
As in, will it be only red crystals and costumes, or will she accept thing other than from the previous event? Or alternatively, will the red crystals be somehow made reavailable?
I certainly hope so to base a holiday event completely on the holiday before would be a very sorry way to do it!

its like saying you cant participate in the Christmas trade in unless you have your valentine cards !

some official word on this would be nice!

R

RavenWinterHawk

I certainly hope so to base a holiday event completely on the holiday before would be a very sorry way to do it!

its like saying you cant participate in the Christmas trade in unless you have your valentine cards !

Really?
I dont think there are rules actually.

The fact is its NPC collector that may want certain items. So we do what the NPC wants.

Why would the NPC want tons of junk. Shes a mask maker. Or something like that.

C

Connor_Graham

Got something against Sampires?

O

olduofan

Got something against Sampires?
Absolutely nothing at all try not to miss my points maybe read all my post I have never said nerf them all I asked was bring other skills up to par

like a true warrior which I fell a lot of people forgot is part of the hole ren/fantasy image

C

Connor_Graham

Absolutely nothing at all try not to miss my points maybe read all my post I have never said nerf them all I asked was bring other skills up to par

like a true warrior which I fell a lot of people forgot is part of the hole ren/fantasy image
You said this:

now worries im shouting down 2 of my acc anyways about had it until theirs more balance to ALL skill sets.. me and all my guild members are swordsmen and have been waiting A LONG TIME to get a piece of the pie
Sampires already get a piece of the pie. A big one. I'm not sure what the complaint is unless you want a plain Chiv warrior to be able to tank like a GD.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically understand me plainly I tried nice. Nice didn't work. Nice never worked anywhere at any time in my life.
You know what? You posted about seeds of renewal, how you couldn't get enough, and I offered to grow plants for you on atlantic if you supplied some seeds and potions. And you pretty much ignored me as I found out because later in that thread you admitted you didn't even bother reading most of the posts.

Why is that? This is a thread you made. Why would you make a thread just to ignore the majority of the replies?

BTW there is such a thing as posting too much, it's called spam. When one makes multiple posts about the same subject, it is spamming. When one makes multiple threads about trivial subjects it is also spamming. There is no rule as to the exact number of posts, it's up to the moderator's discretion on what they consider to be spam. Much like the rest of the rules. The Rules of Conduct are a guideline, and the mods/admins have the ultimate say on how the rules are enforced. Just FYI.

K

Kiminality

Really?

The fact is its NPC collector that may want certain items. So we do what the NPC wants.

Contextually, that's true.
The mask-maker would probably only want existing masks, or the ingredients to make them.

However, from a design point of view, creating a seasonal event that has a prerequisite of having cruft from the previous seasonal event isn't good.
There's a big difference between rewarding those that took the chance in hanging on to possibly worthless items (or forgot/didn't get the chance to turn them in), and basing an entire trade-in around them, to the exclusion of all other players.

Of course, there are several big assumptions that are made with this:
1.) There will be no other way to earn trade-in points, or otherwise acquire the new items.
2.) The trade-in is the extent of the seasonal event, which I'm somewhat doubting.

O

olduofan

You said this:

Sampires already get a piece of the pie. A big one. I'm not sure what the complaint is unless you want a plain Chiv warrior to be able to tank like a GD.
Connor I respect you and at this point I AM OFF TOPIC and dont want to be the cause of a thread lock

Maybe in game we can chat again or anther thread until then fair thee well
my friend

Phayde

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just out of curiosity, will there be anything available for those who do not have Halloween costumes or left-over red gems to get these new costumes with? Or is this simply limited to old costume/gem holders? Either way's fine, just asking for clarification.

Thanks!!!

A

altarego

I just have to say. Silly diatribes aside, I really appreciate this. Thank you Sakk...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Really?

you missed my point entirely if you read Kiminality post it pretty much sums it up!
do I have a problem with turn in from Halloween for new costumes? NO
Do i have a problem with this being the only way to get them? YES

I think holiday events should have a stand alone element to them is what I mean!

Do I have masks to turn in? YES

Why am I worried about it then? Because I think people who could not participate in Halloween should be able to get these rewards also!

:next:

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no way of knowing I had to log in all my chars I didn think they would one day after years of it being NO NEED TO LOG IN FOR GIFTS say they only get them if they log in and are currently playing some times people stop playing for long periods of time like i do BUT I STILL PAY FOR MY ACC and I realize if i dont play i miss out on events and turn ins but HOLIDAY gifts WTF I pay but didn know IT changed It has nothing to with being LAZY so how about you chill

read the post again I never said anything about wanting a FREE year of game play nor did i say IM pissed i missed XYZ

dont quote me if you cant take the time to read my post and comprehend the point of it :wall:

By the way I have 180 mask :twak:
I don't know what game you've been playing, but I've played UO for over 10 years now and it's always been that you had to log in your character's within a 30 day window to get your holiday gifts.

I really can't understand why anyone would think this was new or an imposition. I've missed logging some of my toons in, in time to get gifts, but that's my fault, not the Developer's or the games.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think holiday events should have a stand alone element to them is what I mean!

Why am I worried about it then? Because I think people who could not participate in Halloween should be able to get these rewards also!

Agreed

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, from a design point of view, creating a seasonal event that has a prerequisite of having cruft from the previous seasonal event isn't good.
This is not intended as "creating a seasonal event" and is in no way related to the Holidays.

When the Halloween event was put together, it was always intended that players would have a greater variety of costumes available. We had hoped to get the trader out with the Thanksgiving publish but we couldn't make the cut-off date and so Sarah is out with the Holiday publish.

This is more akin to the blackrock traders except this time you actually get to pick what you get. It's simply an extra reward for those who participated in the Halloween event as well as a way of getting rid of all the extra lower end costumes that are eating up people's lockdowns.

There currently are no plans of reintroducing ways of farming the red crystals.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is not intended as "creating a seasonal event" and is in no way related to the Holidays.

When the Halloween event was put together, it was always intended that players would have a greater variety of costumes available. We had hoped to get the trader out with the Thanksgiving publish but we couldn't make the cut-off date and so Sarah is out with the Holiday publish.

This is more akin to the blackrock traders except this time you actually get to pick what you get. It's simply an extra reward for those who participated in the Halloween event as well as a way of getting rid of all the extra lower end costumes that are eating up people's lockdowns.

Thank you that was all I was asking for was some clarification!

So to boil it down if you did not participate in Halloween or did not save the items you can not turn in for the new masks!

There will be unrelated Christmas event going on!

R

RavenWinterHawk

you missed my point entirely if you read Kiminality post it pretty much sums it up!

Everybody has to join some time. Those that missed - join now at XMAS. You can re-invent old events for those that haven't.

Whats the big deal the missed Halloween now the start with XMAS.

Thats my point. Events come and go. You miss out and you get the next one.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Perfect.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Thank you that was all I was asking for was some clarification!

So to boil it down if you did not participate in Halloween or did not save the items you can not turn in for the new masks!

There will be unrelated Christmas event going on!
Storm Im not trying to give you a hard time. You can still participate in the event.

You have to buy the masks. Game gold is part of the game. You could buy masks now to trade in later. You could sell some of your wares and participate with the gold. You could fight a Boss and trade a reward you get from the boss.

I bought and traded for the mask Im turning in. Well all but 4. I hated getting the crystals.

My point is you can still get the new masks even if you didnt participate. You just go about it another way.

Any play can get anything in this game at anytime without having to bring back events.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Forgotten about the 35% damage bonus to swordsmen with lumber days?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did think the costume pool for the event felt a bit light... ^^;

D

Dolphoenix

-I got a ton of masks. Thought they'd be used at some point. CHECK
-I got over 100 blue crystals, told they'd be used in the future. CHECK
-Only have a few items from thanksgiving as no mention to hold anything. CHECK (hopefully)

So.. this leaves me with just one small ittle bitty thing to whine about... what the devil am I supposed to do with the gazillion cat statues I have?!??

Y

Yen Sid

So.. this leaves me with just one small ittle bitty thing to whine about... what the devil am I supposed to do with the gazillion cat statues I have?!??
Probably trade them in for points towards the new masks would be my guess.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm......

Why is it that I foresee a wave of purchases of Halloween costumes all of a sudden ?
The wave already happened.

What you forsee is the placement of costumes on vendors for extemely high prices.

Me im waiting to trade.

How on earth can the wave already have happened if we have been knowing the spoilers for Christmas only now ??

Makes no sense to me.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How on earth can the wave already have happened if we have been knowing the spoilers for Christmas only now ??

Makes no sense to me.
I think she meant that it happened from the point the post was started and her post. Soon as some folks got the information, they went and bought all the cheap costumes on their shard in preparation.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, no one is forcing you to keep them...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... if in the Halloween event, you got enough gems to get a set of the masks, and therefore stopped, because you had a set of the masks - you have less to trade in, and therefore fewer of the 'full' set, than someone mindlessly farming for every last mask and gem?

Something is off beam here - you are actively encouraging people, in future events, to grab way too many of everything because 'it might come in useful later', yet saying this is a way to 'get rid of the masks taking up valuable storage space'.

At the very least, make it a proper 'trade in of junk' instead of limiting it to only the Halloween items, or have another way for people to get hold of these 'new' masks. Otherwise you are actively encouraging hoarding of every damn thing that ever appears in the game..... as it stands, this is just silly. People who were 'sensible' based on what they were told was available are going to get less than people who went crazy filling chests with supposedly useless items.

I have to say I'm very unimpressed with this situation.

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... if in the Halloween event, you got enough gems to get a set of the masks, and therefore stopped, because you had a set of the masks - you have less to trade in, and therefore fewer of the 'full' set, than someone mindlessly farming for every last mask and gem?

Something is off beam here - you are actively encouraging people, in future events, to grab way too many of everything because 'it might come in useful later', yet saying this is a way to 'get rid of the masks taking up valuable storage space'.

At the very least, make it a proper 'trade in of junk' instead of limiting it to only the Halloween items, or have another way for people to get hold of these 'new' masks. Otherwise you are actively encouraging hoarding of every damn thing that ever appears in the game..... as it stands, this is just silly. People who were 'sensible' based on what they were told was available are going to get less than people who went crazy filling chests with supposedly useless items.

Agree

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sounds like someone is mad they didn't listen when the devs said to save up extra masks, within plenty of time to do so. I believe at the time they even said it would be with the Christmas event, so no complaining about them being too vague there.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was commenting to a very nice person I know that I helped get many of those costumes.

You can kiss my a--

From now on you bring it, you get it...

Another thing anyone else here says they have something good you guys say great. I do, you give me grief. So basically understand me plainly I tried nice. Nice didn't work. Nice never worked anywhere at any time in my life.

I will speak at any time I want. I will say EXACTLY what I want. While I'm on the subject, one time I posted 3 or 4 things in a day. I thought it was fun stuff. I got grief. 2 days ago I made 1 post the next day I made another post. I get crap about ALL the posts I made. You guys are not only rude, you are normally inaccurate about what you say. I sent petra a note and asked if there was a limit to the number of posts you can make in a day. She did not answer and we all know theres no limit. If theres a rule post it and I will follow it.

This is a bulletin board in a video game. It's not important in any way other than helping us play more effectively. You aren't special because you hide in your house and talk random crap. What you do is a form of evil. Cool, let's get down to it.

Are you Alterego because your real ego is so unhappy?

Whats your real problem my man?

The other day the guys from HOME placed a castle on Atlantic. Can you believe it? I know I couldn't. Then they couldn't sell it for 800m. Can you believe that? I couldn't. Well, its my new home... If ANYONE else got that house they'd have posted and we'd have all congratulated them, but you see I got it. So, I didn't say anything til now. But, if you want to hate someone for the stuff they have in this game I AM YOUR GUY. Bring it, here or anywhere else.
Excuuuuuuse me Sweetheart, BUT..........

Who died and made you the Lone FREAKIN Ranger???

People in Uhall been bashin' on my ass for YEARS!

Lemme hit some of highlights:

"Jirel's a ______!" (fill in blank with your favorite smack adjective as I've been pretty much called just about everything.)

I'm supposedly a whiner baby, full of *fertilizer*, poser, suckiest player in UO, suckiest pvper in UO, suckiest thief in UO..etc..etc.

Its Uhall and if you can't stand the heat then stay out of Stratics version of "Hell's Kitchen"!

But please don't ever think your the Lone Ranger because everyone bashs everyone around here.

W

wrekognize

Its amazing all the stuff we lost over the years by taking breaks at the wrong time.

The thing I hate the most is all those Heritage Tokens. Man that is just soo sad. Seems like you'd get the stuff if you paid for the game the next time you logged on... We didn't ever not pay them.

We missed the Chargers too.
Wrong. you should have to play to get the items you want. Just because I pay for a gym subscription does not mean i grow muscles without going inside the building.

D

Dolphoenix

Wrong. you should have to play to get the items you want. Just because I pay for a gym subscription does not mean i grow muscles without going inside the building.

Crap! Is THAT why it's not working???!?!

O

olduofan

wow and I thought I was the only one OT, maybe we can rename this thread Off Topic

sry just had ta do it :popcorn:

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really?

I bet she knows how to modify the masks so she would use the ones people traded in to get the ones she gives out.

Just trim a shadow wyrm costume + ethy retouching tool and viola! a drake costume! :)

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like someone is mad they didn't listen when the devs said to save up extra masks, within plenty of time to do so. I believe at the time they even said it would be with the Christmas event, so no complaining about them being too vague there.
Wow I really missed anyone saying the halloween event would be tied into the christmas event:confused:

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny, someone digs up a little bit of incomplete info on somethng that we aren't suppose to know yet, something that could still be in the works may I mind you, but people are already demanding clear and precise answers and already building concerns as if they are about to miss the Titanic's life boats. jesus!. We are lucky to even have Sakkarah participating in this thread.

K

Kiminality

I don't remember that being said.
Not saying it wasn't said, but I tend to try and keep myself in the loop, so if I didn't see that said, then it's not unreasonable to suggest others didn't.
(unless it was posted on the Herald, and I just failed to take it in, which sometimes happens).

Criticising the design doesn't instantly mean someone's "mad" about some part of it.
It just means they've found something to be critical about.
I might criticise it at length at some point, in a more civilised forum. Yes, I don't have a stockpile, and there's some of the costumes I want. Am I mad about it? No, because trading is as much a part of the game as earning the items yourself.

I bet she knows how to modify the masks so she would use the ones people traded in to get the ones she gives out.

Just trim a shadow wyrm costume + ethy retouching tool and viola! a drake costume! :)
Yeah, but if she's a new NPC, then there's no way she's old enough to use one of the tools.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember that being said.
Not saying it wasn't said, but I tend to try and keep myself in the loop, so if I didn't see that said, then it's not unreasonable to suggest others didn't.
(unless it was posted on the Herald, and I just failed to take it in, which sometimes happens).

Criticising the design doesn't instantly mean someone's "mad" about some part of it.
It just means they've found something to be critical about.
I might criticise it at length at some point, in a more civilised forum. Yes, I don't have a stockpile, and there's some of the costumes I want. Am I mad about it? No, because trading is as much a part of the game as earning the items yourself.

Yeah, but if she's a new NPC, then there's no way she's old enough to use one of the tools.
Who's to say she is new or not? she might just have new info that nobody else does :)

D

Duke X. Winter

Maybe she was in hiding, and she's not new, she just doesn't like the public.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay let's get this derailed train back on its tracks cause this is beginning to look like Amtrak, LOL!

I'm NOT happy about this event AT ALL :(

First Sakkarah Said:

You should trade all your red crystals for costumes as Tomas will no longer accept crystals once the Halloween event ends on November 15th. You might want to hold on to your costumes (even duplicates) as they may be of interest to someone else in the not too distant future! You can keep your gold crystals for as long as you wish and summon the Harbinger only when you see fit. There is no deadline on using them. The blue crystals will be of use in the next story arc. They will not be essential, but will definitely benefit to those who have them.
-Sakkarah
Then now she says:

lot of people forgot or didn't get around to turn in all their red crystals before the event ended. So we had the option of either letting them trash their crystals (or use them for decorations) or give them one last chance to turn them in. We chose the latter.

Generally speaking, it was more beneficial to have turned them in during the event than it will be trading them with Sarah. But at least those who missed the deadline now have a final chance to do so IF they want to. Note however that turning in red crystals now will NOT give you one of the old Halloween costumes.

And yes, you can choose the costumes you want from her.

*mumbles something about spoilers*
I got ONE of each Halloween costumes and then stopped. I collected the blue crystals. IMHO, you are rewarding the power gamers and 24/7 script-jerks. I feel that casual gamers like my sister and I Do not count.

The Devs have said they'd like to be rid of the cash-for-item brokers in UO. Yet badly communicated ideas like this is what fuels them, because I would say 99% of those who want a full set of the costumes will do like I plan to and go through a broker.

I'm happy to trade with people but it is difficult on my shard. So I'm a bum and I take the easy road, its my game time, my dinero, and my life.
I play UO to make ME happy not to please anyone else.

Okay that my two gps and I'm sticking to it.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay let's get this derailed train back on its tracks cause this is beginning to look like Amtrak, LOL!

I'm NOT happy about this event AT ALL :(

First Sakkarah Said:

Again hearsay... The title is talking about a SPOILER. You are the one trying to derail what other people are talking about.

O

olduofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd

Just trim a shadow wyrm costume + ethy retouching tool and viola! a drake costume!

quote=Kiminality

didn they fix it so any age can use those J/K

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too many assumptions, I don't care much about 'collecting' a set (didn't even get the all the original 5 masks) and not "mad" about anything - I am very disappointed , though, that the mixed messages regarding cleaning up items versus hoarding items carries on. It seems to fall back to the usual UO situation - someone designs a good system, but it isn't completed in some arbitrary timescale, so it's rolled out anyways and then kludged into something else.

What we have now is an 'event' that people who were not around for an earlier one can't take any part in, and even if you are right that the Devs 'said' hoard masks (which I don't recall reading, but no big deal, my memory is not perfect) only people who read a particular forum would know about that. The clear incentive for the future is grab as many of everything you humanly can, just in case it's 'useful later, whilst vaguely supporting the concept that people have way too many items and this is a good way to help them clear some storage space. As it's developed, the original hint as quoted earlier was 'you may want to hang on to duplicates' - from the size of the list of new masks it looks like the advice should have been 'stock up on as many as you can carry', which is in tone and impact a far thing from suggesting people keep 'duplicates'.

What, precisely, is the message we are meant to get from this? Grab more stuff? Clear stuff out? Read a particular forum or not know what to do?

It's all as usual, messy, inconsistent and unmanaged (as opposed to 'overreacted to') - and unnecessary if they had stuck with the original concept, got it done in time, and rolled it out in one go (or even made it two seperate stages of an ongoing 'story).

But it's UO, the terms completed and on time never seem to go together, decent ideas get mangled by being rushed, and getting it right according to a well thought through plan is always secondary to 'get something out fast and tape it together later'.