• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*SPOILER* client 7.0.3.1

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are new text strings for new stuff. New xmas gifts, costumes turn-ins and exotic costumes hunting.
zombie costume
mongbat costume
fire elemental costume
wisp costume
giant toad costume
gore fiend costume
terathan warrior costume
ophidian warrior costume
ophidian matriarch costume
solen warrior costume
wolf spider costume
maddening horror costume
cyclops costume
centaur costume
pixie costume
minotaur costume
titan costume
exodus minion costume
skittering hopper costume
Lady of the Snow costume
oni costume
ethereal warrior costume
giant pixie costume
drake costume
void wanderer costume
satyr costume

Y

Yen Sid

I so want an exodus minion one.
I want them all, Muhahahaha!

Any info on how to obtain them? I only have about 40 or so extra from Halloween so I hope that you don't have to trade like 5 for 1 or something outrageous like that or I will have to buy costumes :wall:.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want them all, Muhahahaha!

Any info on how to obtain them? I only have about 40 or so extra from Halloween so I hope that you don't have to trade like 5 for 1 or something outrageous like that or I will have to buy costumes :wall:.
Looks like NPC will do it.
I will trade your Halloween costumes and red crystallized essences for exotic costumes.
Click a Halloween mask to give it to Sarah.
You do not have any Halloween costumes or red crystallized essences to turn in.
Say "browse", "turn in" or approach me to trade your costumes or see mine!

As for hunting there is something about
Monster Stealing
Left hands must be free to steal treasure from monsters.
Only pull the latest corpse
Pull all corpses
You cannot pull the corpse killed by other players.
You cannot pull, as the corpse has been already pulled three times.
and other much more cryptic messages.

K

Kiminality

Pulling corpses?
How odd...

Nothing about the blue crystals, that were stated to be having a part in the upcoming event?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing about the blue crystals, that were stated to be having a part in the upcoming event?
There was no text containing "blue crystal" even for healing cursed gypsies. So text about their use not linked to their color.

Y

Yen Sid

Pulling corpses?
How odd...

I believe they will be used for rebuilding Magincia which is scheduled to take place after the Holidays, but of course, who knows when that will be lol.

M

Maggie

how exciting! I have like 20 gazer costumes.

I would like to bribe the npc with stacks of candy to get more costumes. If only..

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
45 red crystals left.. *woot* Although I hope we get to pick which costume we get. Randomly getting all 26 is a little tough!

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, cool costumes! I hope you don't have to trade in both a crystal and an old costume (or some number combination of both) since I have tons of old costumes and no red crystals. Bad planning that!

-P.E.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"I will trade your Halloween costumes and red crystallized essences for exotic costumes.
"

Hmmm......

Why is it that I foresee a wave of purchases of Halloween costumes all of a sudden ?

R

RavenWinterHawk

Hmmm......

Why is it that I foresee a wave of purchases of Halloween costumes all of a sudden ?
The wave already happened.

What you forsee is the placement of costumes on vendors for extemely high prices.

Me im waiting to trade.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a look via InsideUO and saw no new artwork like I did for the halloween stuff.

E

Eyes of Origin

The wave already happened.

What you forsee is the placement of costumes on vendors for extemely high prices.

Me im waiting to trade.
Yup, already happened on Pacific. Everything I saw a couple days ago for 50-100k is now 500k or gone.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 some extra masks and I'm hoping you get to pick I've wanted drake and i only have shadow wyrm on a shard I don't play any more.

Also will want to get ethereal warrior haha

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pulling corpses?
How odd...
I hope that means when a corpse falls on a static piece of terrain deco and becomes inaccessible we can move it to loot. I can't count the number of times swoop has landed on the rocks and refused to move, and I was unable to loot the corpse when I finally killed him using nothing but magic.

Y

Yen Sid

I hope that means when a corpse falls on a static piece of terrain deco and becomes inaccessible we can move it to loot. I can't count the number of times swoop has landed on the rocks and refused to move, and I was unable to loot the corpse when I finally killed him using nothing but magic.
A little trick for this Swoop issue. Hit it with a spell and invis. Stay invised until it moves or makes a noise, if it doesn't move off of the rocks, rinse and repeat. I do it all of the time.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone else not got the patch to apply properly?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you can, copy the directory from the client on your computer and paste into his.

It's a lot easier to do on XP machines as opposed to Vista or 7, because the newer OS seem to have some sort of weird problem with a person trying to alter their own files in the Program Files folder.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is on test right and where on test is this at?

or has it gone live and just very secretive.

Is this the one with imbuing changes in it also?

G

GreySteele

I will trade your Halloween costumes and red crystallized essences for exotic costumes.
This kinda contradicts what the Nov 6 FOF stated in regards to the reds:

What’s the deal with all those crystals from the Halloween quest (especially the blue one)? Should we keep them or ditch them?
You should trade all your red crystals for costumes as Tomas will no longer accept crystals once the Halloween event ends on November 15th. You might want to hold on to your costumes (even duplicates) as they may be of interest to someone else in the not too distant future! You can keep your gold crystals for as long as you wish and summon the Harbinger only when you see fit. There is no deadline on using them. The blue crystals will be of use in the next story arc. They will not be essential, but will definitely benefit to those who have them.
-Sakkarah

S

S.W.A.T

What’s the deal with all those crystals from the Halloween quest (especially the blue one)? Should we keep them or ditch them?
You should trade all your red crystals for costumes as Tomas will no longer accept crystals once the Halloween event ends on November 15th. You might want to hold on to your costumes (even duplicates) as they may be of interest to someone else in the not too distant future! You can keep your gold crystals for as long as you wish and summon the Harbinger only when you see fit. There is no deadline on using them. The blue crystals will be of use in the next story arc. They will not be essential, but will definitely benefit to those who have them.
-Sakkarah
Was just thinking about that actually, I turned all my red ones in because she stated they'd be of no use.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All part of the cycle. 1 dev giveth the next taketh away. :p

I agree with the earlier poster thou in that i think the blue ones will be used in the re-building of Magencia somehow.

C

Connor_Graham

-Sakkarah
Was just thinking about that actually, I turned all my red ones in because she stated they'd be of no use.
Exactly. She told us specifically to get rid of the red crystals because they would no longer serve any purpose after the end date for Halloween, but also told us that the blue ones would have a use in the future. I sure as hell hope they fix this before they release it or there's going to be a lot of pissed off people.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm kind of annoyed at myself for only keeping 3 red crystals (wanted more for deco purposes). I'm sure if enough people grumble they'll make them monster loot or something for the event arc. I'd be in favor of that, I need more (for deco purposes*)!

*my #1 priority, "having fun" is 17th, just for comparison :p

P

pgcd

I think they are going to _allow_ us to use those crystals we didn't turn in, not _require_ us to. In other words, I believe we'll be able to simply turn in costumes.

Edit:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=169769

Sakkarah actually makes it very clear (IMHO) that red crystal won't be required - unless "to take pity on" means something very different than I expect =)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people forgot or didn't get around to turn in all their red crystals before the event ended. So we had the option of either letting them trash their crystals (or use them for decorations) or give them one last chance to turn them in. We chose the latter.

Generally speaking, it was more beneficial to have turned them in during the event than it will be trading them with Sarah. But at least those who missed the deadline now have a final chance to do so IF they want to. Note however that turning in red crystals now will NOT give you one of the old Halloween costumes.

And yes, you can choose the costumes you want from her.

*mumbles something about spoilers*

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people forgot or didn't get around to turn in all their red crystals before the event ended. So we had the option of either letting them trash their crystals (or use them for decorations) or give them one last chance to turn them in. We chose the latter.

Generally speaking, it was more beneficial to have turned them in during the event than it will be trading them with Sarah. But at least those who missed the deadline now have a final chance to do so IF they want to. Note however that turning in red crystals now will NOT give you one of the old Halloween costumes.

Awesome thanks!

Because of swine flu I didn't get a chance to turn all mine in so I'm very happy about this. :thumbsup:

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought we already decided that you won UO?
I was commenting to a very nice person I know that I helped get many of those costumes.

You can kiss my a--

From now on you bring it, you get it...

Another thing anyone else here says they have something good you guys say great. I do, you give me grief. So basically understand me plainly I tried nice. Nice didn't work. Nice never worked anywhere at any time in my life.

I will speak at any time I want. I will say EXACTLY what I want. While I'm on the subject, one time I posted 3 or 4 things in a day. I thought it was fun stuff. I got grief. 2 days ago I made 1 post the next day I made another post. I get crap about ALL the posts I made. You guys are not only rude, you are normally inaccurate about what you say. I sent petra a note and asked if there was a limit to the number of posts you can make in a day. She did not answer and we all know theres no limit. If theres a rule post it and I will follow it.

This is a bulletin board in a video game. It's not important in any way other than helping us play more effectively. You aren't special because you hide in your house and talk random crap. What you do is a form of evil. Cool, let's get down to it.

Are you Alterego because your real ego is so unhappy?

Whats your real problem my man?

The other day the guys from HOME placed a castle on Atlantic. Can you believe it? I know I couldn't. Then they couldn't sell it for 800m. Can you believe that? I couldn't. Well, its my new home... If ANYONE else got that house they'd have posted and we'd have all congratulated them, but you see I got it. So, I didn't say anything til now. But, if you want to hate someone for the stuff they have in this game I AM YOUR GUY. Bring it, here or anywhere else.

L

Lore Master

can you please tell me what about us with many halloween costumes and no red crystals to turn in does that mean wiill not be be able to get these new costumes unless we buy red crystals from other players? why cant we just trade a halloween costume for a new costume? at the very least give us something new to substitute for red crystals so everyone can get the new costumes without having to pay an arm and a leg for them from other players.

R

RavenWinterHawk

can you please tell me what about us with many halloween costumes and no red crystals to turn in does that mean wiill not be be able to get these new costumes unless we buy red crystals from other players? why cant we just trade a halloween costume for a new costume? at the very least give us something new to substitute for red crystals so everyone can get the new costumes without having to pay an arm and a leg for them from other players.
trade the old costumes for new ones.
or turn in red crystals

A

anvira

Where is this NPC located at?

L

Lore Master

trade the old costumes for new ones.
or turn in red crystals[/QUOTE oh ok thank God I thought we had to turn in both a halloween costume and at least one red essence for the new costume. turning in 1 Halloween costume for one of the new costumes is very fair especially when we can pick which one we want.

O

olduofan

I missed the spring cleaning by 1 day and last years holiday gifts (didn realize i had to log ALL my chars in to get them even tho i maintain 3 acc i got 1 gift thanxs for nothing)
and we had to turn in 5 reds to get 1 costume now they get 1 for 1 NICE I wish i had saved my reds as well talk about getting the short end ....

now worries im shouting down 2 of my acc anyways about had it until theirs more balance to ALL skill sets.. me and all my guild members are swordsmen and have been waiting A LONG TIME to get a piece of the pie really over it at this point.

Maybe rename uo "tamers and mages" online TM Hunnn!

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed the spring cleaning by 1 day and last years holiday gifts (didn realize i had to log ALL my chars in to get them even tho i maintain 3 acc i got 1 gift thanxs for nothing)
and we had to turn in 5 reds to get 1 costume now they get 1 for 1 NICE I wish i had saved my reds as well talk about getting the short end ....

now worries im shouting down 2 of my acc anyways about had it until theirs more balance to ALL skill sets.. me and all my guild members are swordsmen and have been waiting A LONG TIME to get a piece of the pie really over it at this point.

Maybe rename uo "tamers and mages" online TM Hunnn!
Its amazing all the stuff we lost over the years by taking breaks at the wrong time.

The thing I hate the most is all those Heritage Tokens. Man that is just soo sad. Seems like you'd get the stuff if you paid for the game the next time you logged on... We didn't ever not pay them.

We missed the Chargers too.

O

olduofan

I sometimes wounder if the old adage "its not what you know its who you know" seems to apply a lot in UO ...

L

Lore Master

Can anyone one tell us yet which new costumes are from trade ins and which we will have to pull from corpse how ever that will be done? does pulling it from a corpse require stealing and if so do you need stealing skill to do so?