• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soooo, The Putrefier ...

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all the people crying. Stop. This was done to prevent scripters from overwhelming the market with high end items. There was a few unscrupulous idiots that thought because they had the ability to use a script that allowed them to farm Putrifier nonstop, that they should. And it got shut down. Yes it's overkill. But make up your mind. You want people script farming Putrifier for 1 unnamed artifact a minute, or do you want it easy to farm for keys? I'm sure they'll get around to changing the spawn and lowering his loot table a bit to end the script farming that was going on there. Give the dev team a break. They can only work so fast. Ending the idiots farming it with scripts was the important thing at this point. And I think it's hilarious. Nice job devs. ;)
How bout they stopped the legendary drop on it and increased the drop on the actual boss proxy instead why should we all suffer insanely because of some selfish greedy scriptors if they want the legendaries make it so they have to do the boss instead

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For all the people crying. Stop. This was done to prevent scripters from overwhelming the market with high end items. There was a few unscrupulous idiots that thought because they had the ability to use a script that allowed them to farm Putrifier nonstop, that they should. And it got shut down. Yes it's overkill. But make up your mind. You want people script farming Putrifier for 1 unnamed artifact a minute, or do you want it easy to farm for keys? I'm sure they'll get around to changing the spawn and lowering his loot table a bit to end the script farming that was going on there. Give the dev team a break. They can only work so fast. Ending the idiots farming it with scripts was the important thing at this point. And I think it's hilarious. Nice job devs. ;)
Actually I couldn't care less if they script farmed it 24/7, since I am not one of those making RL cash off the sales of the items it won't affect me at all if the market gets saturated. Methinks a lot of people in favor of this change might be trying to protect an income by keeping prices inflated and items rare...

just my thoughts...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you the same balinor that runs 5+ characters at a time during all the EM events on every shard? Also, are those your putrifier loot vendors on atlantic luna just west of the bank, you know...the empty ones? Inquiring minds would like to know!

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak, maybe if you all took a hardline stance on multi botting you wouldn't have to make decisions that ruin the game play for everyone else.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a problem with multi-clienting, a lot of people do that from time to time, I do too, to trade items between accounts and on occasion will take a second client char to where I am fighting and park him offscreen a ways to use as a rezzer.

But those guys that run around with 3-5 chars all being controlled with one mouse and at the exact same time...bad news for our game

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I couldn't care less if they script farmed it 24/7, since I am not one of those making RL cash off the sales of the items it won't affect me at all if the market gets saturated. Methinks a lot of people in favor of this change might be trying to protect an income by keeping prices inflated and items rare...

just my thoughts...
the result is in fact the reverse of what you say. when the market becomes saturated, its not worth a players time to play the game theirself to get the item. which de-values game content. you get into a situation where its easier and more cost-effective to just buy the items rather than play the game yourself to get them. and in the end, also promotes gold-selling because people end up just buying the item rather than playing the game to get it themself.

thats why afk scripting and multiboxing hurt the game. because people stop playing and just buy the item because it just isnt rational to actually get that item themselves.

why would someone spend hours and hours playing the game when the same effect can be bought for very cheap from multibox farmers?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally wrong. I will buy the gold to get the item, or buy the item itself with $$ anytime I am faced with something like illustrated here.

I re-iterate, without calling names, that the only way anyone could think that up there was okay was if they wanted to keep others from participating in that particular scenario without competition.

If the market gets a bit loaded and prices fall, then they are readily available for anyone to afford (with gold), and not be bought from some high priced vendor whose prices are all controlled by platinumaires (is that a word? lol) or purchased from a 3rd party site.

True the multiboxers are the ones who can saturate the market, but I do not think they will--they are happy with this change because they as multiboxers can handle it, and they will keep the market artificially short to support the higher prices. But with things like they are now, they don't have to worry about competition, so they do indeed truly control the market

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How bout they stopped the legendary drop on it and increased the drop on the actual boss proxy instead why should we all suffer insanely because of some selfish greedy scriptors if they want the legendaries make it so they have to do the boss instead
Don't be silly. That would make far to much sense! It is UO remember!

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice Videos btw. Interesting changes as usually in the wrong direction.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why would someone spend hours and hours playing the game when the same effect can be bought for very cheap from multibox farmers?

Some of us - and I very much count myself amongst them - will do it because we're stubborn and want to get things for ourselves and don't like to be beaten by pixels.

In rl, I'm the sort of woman who likes to know how to make things, from scratch, for myself. And I do!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of us - and I very much count myself amongst them - will do it because we're stubborn and want to get things for ourselves and don't like to be beaten by pixels.
I would like to say the same but after trying the new Doom a few times now I will just wait until the new artifacts have dropped in price and just buy them from vendor search.

I did get a drop and it was an orny. This would of been great if it was 2003 again!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to say the same but after trying the new Doom a few times now I will just wait until the new artifacts have dropped in price and just buy them from vendor search.

I did get a drop and it was an orny. This would of been great if it was 2003 again!

Lol, I'm not playing in Doom til it's been fine tuned. It's not fun, I play UO for fun, therefore I'm not going to Doom. Like you, I'll wait til they drop in price and buy from a vendor - or from a live person in global chat. Or from a friend. Or hubby might get recipes for my crafters.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
New Doom isn't fun or challenging. It is just plain boring.
And I do enjoy doing peerless hunts, even though they pretty much refuse to drop stuff these days (Dreadhorn, I am looking at you), but alas, they just made it so no one will ever go do a Chief Paroxysmus ever again with this change.
Paroxysmus loot and drops are not worth all that hassle.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to do most stuff myself. I find just the notion of doing/creating from beginning to end appealing. But when I look at something and think ''Oh, come on, you're extracting the urine now'', I tend to walk away. Not only do I try and stick to fun stuff in UO, cos my time there is limited, I'm quite capable of becoming temporarily hyperfocused, so I've taught myself to walk away. I save that hyperfocus for rl stuffs. It's hyperfocus that kept me at my desk for ten hours, cussing up a storm and turning the air blue while I learned to start a Half Persian 3-1 chainmail weave. Amongst other things. Which is the other reason my UO time is limited!

And since it would take far more time than I'm prepared to spend on it, and not be fun, no Doom. Nor, come to that, Paroxysmus!

Reactions: Tia

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I got banned from the guild doing the script farming, because I laughed at the ones doing it and called them idiots. ;) Thanks @Mesanna ! haha It just gets more and more funny. I'm so glad you nerfed Putrifier. Please don't set it back. I have a few more suggestions for you also if you'd like. lol

AnCorpME

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hubby just went down to see if he could manage the spawn. I think the pic speaks for itself.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Could you perhaps turn the spawn down just the teeniest bit?

*holds fingers about an inch apart*

The spawn to get the keys for an encounter is not supposed to be harder than the encounter itself!

Shot 02192017-08:46.png
Is this a new update to the Putrefier? I used to solo him often but havn't been there in months. Are these greater poison ele's and such from the latest patch?

AnCorpME

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The only fix Putrifier needed was to drop the spleen 100% of the time. It was already hard enough to find and loot before a second one spawned on top of you. I agree with the above suggestions that dropping his loot table would have been preferable. Not ever encounter (including peerless) needs to be tweaked such that you require a character or character with maximum properties on suits to defeat.

I found the spleen to be an already very high drop rate, could easily get 20 spleens in less than an hour. Was this true for your shard?

AnCorpME

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was waiting for a while to comment on this and sent in some feedback directly to developers. Here are my thoughts:

Fighting the Putrefier has become unreasonably difficult. Unlike the Dark Fathers in Doom, which is the "end content" of that particular encounter... the Putrefier is not the end content of this dungeon. Paraxymous is.

First, there was no announcement on this or much of any discussion about changing this boss. Why?

Second, I do understand why this was done. Some folks on low-pop shards would bring several sampires with luck suits there and just beat the heck out of the Putrefier over and over again to get very high end legendary artifacts. OK - I get it. They didn't want a small group of people farming one mob non-stop for insane legendaries. However, there is a problem with buffing him up so much.

My guild used to do the Paraxymous encounter a few times a month. We typically would farm 6-7 runs worth of keys. The way we usually do it is that we get the Torso, Legs and Skulls first. However, there would be one of those three that doesn't drop much, so we would wait until we had atleast 6 or 7 of the key who's drop rate was less than the others. After that, we would take a group to do the Putrefier to get the spleens and only get the number spleens needed to match the other keys we had.

The problem is that his difficulty was boosted up so much that it's a near impossible task to fight him in any sort of group and get the spleens needed to do the Peerless encounter. The Putrefier will teleport you to him and produce way too many Poison elemental spawn. It's unreasonable to do. Plus... if you are in that pit where he spawns... you don't even have time to look at the corpse once you kill him because he respawns again in only a few seconds and wrecks you in one or two hits.

The Paraxymous encounter was already difficult to key for. Not many people take the time to kill all the slimes to get the Torso, Legs and Skull. It was definitely a major grind. It was one of my favorite Peerless bosses to key for because not a lot of people do it. However, the rarity in other keys dropping in addition to getting the spleen from a more difficult Putrefier has made it a few steps too difficult.

Is there anyway Spleens will fall elsewhere in the dungeon other than just the Putrefier? The developers should consider this if they have no intention of making changes here.

Has consideration been given so there is not a "rare" key that drops on the slimes? I see no reason why the other three keys shouldn't drop at a more even and reasonable rate. The distribution of the three "non-spleen" keys needs to be altered to be more reasonable.

Could the Putrefiers re-spawn time possibly be cut down slightly so there is atleast an opportunity to loot his corpse in the event you fight him in the pit instead of luring him out?

Look, I'm not saying you need to completely dial back the change. I like increased difficulty in most cases, but there needs to be balance somewhere else here. If fighting the Putrefier to get spleens is going to be significantly more difficult, then please make the other part of the Paraxymous keying process a bit more reasonable by increased drop rate or making all the other three keys drop more evenly.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Yes I'm agreed with you, they should have knocked the loot table down. I don't understand the overwhelming spawn, I used to enjoy soloing all the keys for that chance to get a paroxy swampy a couple times a year. Was the wrong move to increase the spawn, knocking the loot table definatley the proper solution.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I got banned from the guild doing the script farming, because I laughed at the ones doing it and called them idiots. ;) Thanks @Mesanna ! haha It just gets more and more funny. I'm so glad you nerfed Putrifier. Please don't set it back. I have a few more suggestions for you also if you'd like. lol
Please tell us which guild you got banned from that apparently does this script farming?

Theoraln

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
As a side note, why are you Onslaughting when using an AI weapon? Onslaught doesn't work with AI. It's phenominal with Double Strike though.
Because I want higher interim damage when I don't have the mana to AI? Why else would I do it. If you watch the timing I tend onslaught just before an AI on a normal hit then AI. Granted in the heat of that there spawn even though I am on self honour my timing may have been off a little sometimes.

And my current demon slaying double axe has area damage, which as I found out the hard way is pretty terminal in amongst that lot.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This :thumbup:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the spleen to be an already very high drop rate, could easily get 20 spleens in less than an hour. Was this true for your shard?
Relative to most other peerless keys I would agree it was high. I always run that encounter on Fel side and assumed that contributed to a higher drop rate. Struggling to find the tiny spleen graphic on the corpse is probably my bigger issue.

Herp!

Journeyman
Seriously, this could ALL have been avoided by simply making Putrefier t4 fame(VERY low chance at legendaries even with luck cap) instead of t6. He is the only monster in the same fame tier as bosses in the game, correct me if I'm wrong, herpaderpadurkadurka.

Also, it wasn't just scripters and multiboxers... some of us went to test our might solo against Putrefier and just ended up staying there for hours on end farming t6 tmaps. :D

I'm still under the impression this is not intended nor is it working as intended. The fact that I haven't heard back yet from my email doesn't worry me in the slightest because it's Monday and they have some SERIOUS bug report catch up to do from the weekend as usual. No one should need to self honor or have a stealth rezzer in the corner for a key mob.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell us which guild you got banned from that apparently does this script farming?
There is a great thread on the UO Atlantic forums going into detail of the whole thing. I can say this, the reasons given here for Das Boot hardly align to the reasons given there.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If I am not mistaken you're the guy who posts on a certain website showing videos of you doing multiple client farming..... I really think you're just as guilty as the guild you slander..... Sounds to me you are acting very hypocritical, perhaps you should get off your high and mighty horse and act with decorum. Good Luck with your future endeavours, if you follow my advice yo may not end up getting kicked from a guild... Hilarious.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please stay on topic of discussing the Putrefier and do not delve into public accusations about scripting and so forth.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Relative to most other peerless keys I would agree it was high. I always run that encounter on Fel side and assumed that contributed to a higher drop rate. Struggling to find the tiny spleen graphic on the corpse is probably my bigger issue.
Maybe the spleen would fall frequently, but of the other three keys... there would always be one which rarely fell and would take hours of constant slime killing just to get 5 or 6 of them. While that's probably indicative of another problem beyond this Putrefier buff... if they're going to address the Putrefier, they should consider addressing the frequency at which certain keys drop.