• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Soooo, The Putrefier ...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby just went down to see if he could manage the spawn. I think the pic speaks for itself.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Could you perhaps turn the spawn down just the teeniest bit?

*holds fingers about an inch apart*

The spawn to get the keys for an encounter is not supposed to be harder than the encounter itself!

Shot 02192017-08:46.png

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for the record, the spawn is a mix of poison and greater poison elementals.

Hubby did manage to kill The Putrefier, but got ganked by the spawn.

Shot 02192017-09:03.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was waiting for a while to comment on this and sent in some feedback directly to developers. Here are my thoughts:

Fighting the Putrefier has become unreasonably difficult. Unlike the Dark Fathers in Doom, which is the "end content" of that particular encounter... the Putrefier is not the end content of this dungeon. Paraxymous is.

First, there was no announcement on this or much of any discussion about changing this boss. Why?

Second, I do understand why this was done. Some folks on low-pop shards would bring several sampires with luck suits there and just beat the heck out of the Putrefier over and over again to get very high end legendary artifacts. OK - I get it. They didn't want a small group of people farming one mob non-stop for insane legendaries. However, there is a problem with buffing him up so much.

My guild used to do the Paraxymous encounter a few times a month. We typically would farm 6-7 runs worth of keys. The way we usually do it is that we get the Torso, Legs and Skulls first. However, there would be one of those three that doesn't drop much, so we would wait until we had atleast 6 or 7 of the key who's drop rate was less than the others. After that, we would take a group to do the Putrefier to get the spleens and only get the number spleens needed to match the other keys we had.

The problem is that his difficulty was boosted up so much that it's a near impossible task to fight him in any sort of group and get the spleens needed to do the Peerless encounter. The Putrefier will teleport you to him and produce way too many Poison elemental spawn. It's unreasonable to do. Plus... if you are in that pit where he spawns... you don't even have time to look at the corpse once you kill him because he respawns again in only a few seconds and wrecks you in one or two hits.

The Paraxymous encounter was already difficult to key for. Not many people take the time to kill all the slimes to get the Torso, Legs and Skull. It was definitely a major grind. It was one of my favorite Peerless bosses to key for because not a lot of people do it. However, the rarity in other keys dropping in addition to getting the spleen from a more difficult Putrefier has made it a few steps too difficult.

Is there anyway Spleens will fall elsewhere in the dungeon other than just the Putrefier? The developers should consider this if they have no intention of making changes here.

Has consideration been given so there is not a "rare" key that drops on the slimes? I see no reason why the other three keys shouldn't drop at a more even and reasonable rate. The distribution of the three "non-spleen" keys needs to be altered to be more reasonable.

Could the Putrefiers re-spawn time possibly be cut down slightly so there is atleast an opportunity to loot his corpse in the event you fight him in the pit instead of luring him out?

Look, I'm not saying you need to completely dial back the change. I like increased difficulty in most cases, but there needs to be balance somewhere else here. If fighting the Putrefier to get spleens is going to be significantly more difficult, then please make the other part of the Paraxymous keying process a bit more reasonable by increased drop rate or making all the other three keys drop more evenly.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Or nerf the Putrefier and his loot if that was the problem.
The best loot there should come from Paraxymous, not a named monster.
Paraxymous is a fun fight, but keying him was already annoying. With this change, it will be a major chore and almost no one will do it. :(

Herp!

Journeyman
Oh my gods.... this is ridiculous. I'm SO happy I got my 2 Parox dragons before this happened... Maybe they should think about making Parox a bit harder instead, he's a joke :D

The loot problem with Putrefier was, to my knowledge, only really a problem because people like me would sit at him for an hour or 2 in Fel and get 100s of l6 fel t maps.. All they have to do is drop his fame tier. Didn't even realize he dropped legendaries... :(

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For the record, I've tried to fight him since he was buffed with a sampire, tamer, mystic mage, 'ABC' thrower and stealth archer. He wrecked me on everything. And in some cases, wrecked me so bad... I could never recover my body because of all of the spawn.

It's become absolutely unreasonable.

Paraxymous could've benefited from a boost up like this (with a loot table boost to correspond), but not the Putrefier too.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

Herp!

Journeyman
And I was wanting to get some 7 to 10 sets of Paraxymous keys to have some fun time during the Carnival here... :(
I was gonna go get like 15 sets and ask if you wanted to come join us but my mum came in town for the weekend... Then I see this!

Herp!

Journeyman
What the actual shawarma are these devs thinking
Honestly, it is most likely the result of code being intertwined between DF and Putrefier in some way. If they have the same mobID, it would make perfect sense. The reason it would spawn Poison Elementals as opposed to undead/blood ele spawn like DF does now, is because spawn is based on location & monster type(totally separate from mobID). Putrefier is 100% poison in a dungeon full of 100% poison, DF is in a dungeon full of undead and blood eles, etc etc.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, but them having the same ID would make zero sense, so...

Herp!

Journeyman
Yes, but them having the same ID would make zero sense, so...
You'd think that, but people do the darnedest things when they are trying to save time. Hell, take a look at minecraft some time and realize that until a year ago, Zombies and Skeletons had the same exact mobID.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another example of the onlly idea they have for changing anything is to throw more and harder...
No new ideas on how to make it fun, just always increase the difficulty.
then give us better goods when we fuss.
Then they worry about creep...
I hope, when they finish with pets, and finally correct all the bugs that will bring, that they will totally quit introducing anything into the game (cept for 20th anni stuff)
And spend a year cleaning up, fixing up, and adjusting what they have already wrought upon us.
Get the resolutions right.
Turn the number of mobs at a time back up on spawns, the last few rat spawns I helped with, we were running circles trying to find something to kill
Fix ghost mobs
fix broken world tiles.

@Mesanna , if you want, create a thread of things that need fixed for us to make a list in, I bet we can find y'all a years worth of work to do...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. I'm down in Prism just now, getting crystals to make Gorgon Lenses. Seems like there's maybe been a bit of fiddling going on down there as well. Daemon spawn seems slower - and the crystal drop rate seems lower.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Once again another prime example of how the DEVs don't play and don't understand things... simply dropping the loot table on these would have been more than sufficient to fix the issue. The drop rate of the key along with the difficulty of this mob for the average player was already fine...

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't help but wonder what will be the next stealth change...
Hitting Irk once will summon Guile and Spite at you, along with 5 other normal changelings?

Because seriously, this change was way beyond past ridiculous.

Herp!

Journeyman
Turn the number of mobs at a time back up on spawns, the last few rat spawns I helped with, we were running circles trying to find something to kill
This has become a huge problem... I can no longer do sub 10 minute spawns solo or with a friend because of the fact that they lowered the amount of spawn. I am capped out at 9:52 and my friend and I used to down Rikktor in about 6 minutes... Ridiculous to change every spawn solely because they made Turtle Dragon have "too much spawn."

Herp!

Journeyman
Hmm. I'm down in Prism just now, getting crystals to make Gorgon Lenses. Seems like there's maybe been a bit of fiddling going on down there as well. Daemon spawn seems slower - and the crystal drop rate seems lower.
I wouldn't mind a reduction of spawn... the fact that I have to kill 2-4 hydras and have like 6 sea serpents on me all at once and as soon as 1 dies another spawns right there was a bit ridiculous. Especially with hydras doing double breath crap. I also don't really mind the reduction of drop rate if this is true. If there are less mobs spawning, I do not mind the lower drop rate because I won't have to ticket out nearly as often to save my life and deal with that damned annoying maze at the start.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All they had to do was Nerf the loot dropped by the putrifier and it would of taken care of the "issue" they were having.

Instead, they slapped on their spawn code that is riddled with issues.

Herp!

Journeyman
All they had to do was Nerf the loot dropped by the putrifier and it would of taken care of the "issue" they were having.

Instead, they slapped on their spawn code that is riddled with issues.
Don't even have to nerf the loot table really, just drop his fame from t6(boss tier) to t3 4 or 5, problem solved. I believe he is the only t6 monster in the game that isn't a "boss"

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind a reduction of spawn... the fact that I have to kill 2-4 hydras and have like 6 sea serpents on me all at once and as soon as 1 dies another spawns right there was a bit ridiculous. Especially with hydras doing double breath crap. I also don't really mind the reduction of drop rate if this is true. If there are less mobs spawning, I do not mind the lower drop rate because I won't have to ticket out nearly as often to save my life and deal with that damned annoying maze at the start.

All I want to do is kill the Crystal Daemons and get the crystals to make dust for lenses. It's that particular spawn, the Crystal Daemons, that's different to last time I was there. I haven't gone and played with the rest of it, I'm on a different mission today!

Herp!

Journeyman
All I want to do is kill the Crystal Daemons and get the crystals to make dust for lenses. It's that particular spawn, the Crystal Daemons, that's different to last time I was there. I haven't gone and played with the rest of it, I'm on a different mission today!
Well, my beer run for the day has finally been finished. Time to make a run down to the Prism and see what's what nowadays. I need to key anyway, 2978 kills - 0 Crystalline Rings so far.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm heading off to beat on Medusa, hence the crystals. Hubby has been doing Paroxysmus, as he's after the swampy. I was, until today, gonna go help him with that! I'll stick to multiple Medusa for now :)

Herp!

Journeyman
So, for Prism of Light drops. I spent 10 minutes, I saw breaks between kills(never seen a break in the spawn before), I acquired a key from every single kill on all floors. However, I received 0 crystals for the crafting of lenses. That was with probably about 250 kills total, maybe more?

Edit: I spent 5 minutes in the Elemental room waiting on a person to come meet me for some things. Maybe I just had weird RNG before and again now, but I got crystal frags almost 100% of the vortices I killed this time around. Spawn rate is DEFINITELY lower.

Last edited:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The crystals are the scattered crystals you get from the very first spot. You use alchemy and grind them into crystal dust.

It does look very much like some sneaky messing about has been going on.

Herp!

Journeyman
The crystals are the scattered crystals you get from the very first spot. You use alchemy and grind them into crystal dust.

It does look very much like some sneaky messing about has been going on.
Could use any key or Crystalline Fragments. I was looking for the fragments, didn't even realize I could waste keys to make lenses :D

Theoraln

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So back on topic, the original images and videos that Cailleach posted were of my investigations and attempt to solo the Putrifier.

Mission accomplished a few times now but sadly no keys.

I'll ask Cailleach to post the video link I don't have enough posts here yet.

My method is simple embrace honor (follower or higher is needed to give you enough time) get in there honor him and kill him as fast as you can.

Then get out and work your way back in killing the Poison Elementals.

But whilst I can still solo him, I agree this is over the top spawn dumping and needs dialing back somewhat.

Someone earlier said that more people equals more spawn, well as you can see in the video I'm alone and that's a lot of spawn already.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could use any key or Crystalline Fragments. I was looking for the fragments, didn't even realize I could waste keys to make lenses :D

Yeah, but those are the easiest ones to get, Crystal Daemons not presenting a huge challenge.

And please, Devs, don't take that as an ask for them to be bumped, they're fine as they are thank you!

Herp!

Journeyman
Agreed but it was the only way I could see to get the job done.
Oh believe me, I know... I went down and played with him. Seriously, screw that fight now. This is why I asked Kyronix if it was intended/working as intended...

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hubby just went down to see if he could manage the spawn. I think the pic speaks for itself.

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Could you perhaps turn the spawn down just the teeniest bit?

*holds fingers about an inch apart*

The spawn to get the keys for an encounter is not supposed to be harder than the encounter itself!

Shot 02192017-08:46.png
yep this is what we had the other day was impossible defo need twinkering with its a key giver not a boss

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea this is what i posted about in the other thread about doom we went down to do him and it was horrendous in the end we had 7 ppl down there and even then still couldnt do it and that was with top players of all kinds all legendary with uber armours etc... the more you killed the more spawn spawned and again like df he keeps dragging you to him right in the middle of that spawn you dont stand a chance... died around 10 times and in the end gave up... and when we did manage to kill the putri got no damn key typical.

UO-OU

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So with all theses small changes in AI or game mechanics, are there changes in the incentive of doing these? (i.e. better loot?, new artifacts?). If they didn't do anything as an added benefit of the change, then why make the change?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you can kill this thing, the loot is good?
yes the loot is on par with with the best bosses in the game. which is why it was multiboxed, sometimes with 10 plus accounts for months. essentially made top tier legendary loot relatively worthless. i dont see the market recovering at this point even if the mob was given no loot at all. this issue was made known to mesanna over 6months ago. As we can see from EM events, the GMs are just lazy and broadsword refuses to ban those accounts. so this was their fix.

I wonder what kind of things they are smoking sometimes hahaahah....amazing...so you must use a trick ( honor yourself) to kill a mob lol, he spawned 100 poison and greater elemetals.

You need to kill it with a bug ahaha...amazing. I am facepalming like an octopus right now. :facepalm:

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only fix Putrifier needed was to drop the spleen 100% of the time. It was already hard enough to find and loot before a second one spawned on top of you. I agree with the above suggestions that dropping his loot table would have been preferable. Not ever encounter (including peerless) needs to be tweaked such that you require a character or character with maximum properties on suits to defeat.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An email was sent to @Mesanna last week when we found the existing problem with the putrifyer, but as yet have received no reply regarding the matter from her

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all the people crying. Stop. This was done to prevent scripters from overwhelming the market with high end items. There was a few unscrupulous idiots that thought because they had the ability to use a script that allowed them to farm Putrifier nonstop, that they should. And it got shut down. Yes it's overkill. But make up your mind. You want people script farming Putrifier for 1 unnamed artifact a minute, or do you want it easy to farm for keys? I'm sure they'll get around to changing the spawn and lowering his loot table a bit to end the script farming that was going on there. Give the dev team a break. They can only work so fast. Ending the idiots farming it with scripts was the important thing at this point. And I think it's hilarious. Nice job devs. ;)