• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So..erm....Big UO Announcement ...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Austin isn't an outlier. Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio and the border counties are all more liberal, less conservative areas of Texas.

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RG also headed Destination Games and NCSoft West before beginning work on SoTA.

Anyone Remember Tabula Rasa?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn’t they pull the plug on that game before it hit a year

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Austin isn't an outlier. Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio and the border counties are all more liberal, less conservative areas of Texas.
The Keep Austin Weird folks hate the new Austin. Their small town is gone.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
TX was already under water for a while. You can find shells in some places stuck in the limestone. Also Dino footprints where a shore was at one time. Arkansas has Bigfoot footprints.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We visited a friend in DC. His apt was 500sq ft or less and probably cost a lot. There was a waiting list to get into the building. I like space and driving in my self containment vehicle. Also would never leave TX because I love Tex Mex food.
You couldn't pay me enough to leave Texas. However, when I visit UO friends in Nevada, we have a nice Mexican restaurant we frequent. The "southwest mexican flavor" is a nice change, until I get home to Texas! LOL

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread has gone the way that game goes where you whisper a part of a story to someone, and then they whisper something to someone else, and then by the end of the day.......and to stay off track, I lived in Austin, went to OSI, never saw Garriotts castle, was too busy trying to catch a glimpse of Sandra Bullock at Randalls grocery...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
In Toronto your renting a small 500 sqft. Condo for 2k a month if your lucky. To buy it it's around 400 to 600k
And that's 400 to 600k for a rowhome; closer to 850+ for detached (with a postage stamp for a yard).

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was for condo price in down town. In the city your at a million plus for anything besides condos. Had to move a hr north east still payed 500k house was worth 750k before covid 19 not sure now. And it's only a semi detached 4 bedroom.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a show comparing various property cost around the country. This older couple bought a house in Manhattan way back before it exploded in cost. They payed like nothing for it. Maybe $5,000 to $10,000. They sold their house for millions, moved to the Midwest & bought a house about the same size for around $200,000.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I work from home. Honestly thought about moving to my dad's hometown in Indiana because I could get a huge house for what I'm paying in rent now. Only downside is it's a small town. I'm kind of an introvert, but I still like shopping at good stores and quality groceries.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I work from home. Honestly thought about moving to my dad's hometown in Indiana because I could get a huge house for what I'm paying in rent now. Only downside is it's a small town. I'm kind of an introvert, but I still like shopping at good stores and quality groceries.
I live in RI and have been seriously considering moving to Tennessee for the same reason. The price of housing is dramatically lower.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I live in RI and have been seriously considering moving to Tennessee for the same reason. The price of housing is dramatically lower.
It's a good idea. I bought 5 acres of land right on the Tennessee river less than an hour from Memphis and Nashville for only 5k. I could have easily built a nice 4,000 square foot house on it for only like 200k-250k which would cost millions in the northeast, I just could never escape Florida due to work so didn't.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe the big announcement was covid 19. Have seen another more players active. Guild am in seems to add a few new people a day. You have about avg 50 to 100 people now at Atlantic idocs

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just listed my home for sell in mid February and this pandemic hit I’m think about lowering price $20k so we can move
I’ve been trying to move to East Tennessee for years
I hope I don’t lose my life’s investment here in California

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's a good idea. I bought 5 acres of land right on the Tennessee river less than an hour from Memphis and Nashville for only 5k. I could have easily built a nice 4,000 square foot house on it for only like 200k-250k which would cost millions in the northeast, I just could never escape Florida due to work so didn't.
I just listed my home for sell in mid February and this pandemic hit I’m think about lowering price $20k so we can move
Ha, I have a house in Chattanooga. I rent in Atlanta though. I can walk to the Braves stadium. My sister sold her 600k house in Jacksonville one hour after she posted it. It was before Florida issued a stay at home order though, but still long after a lot of other states did.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The house next door here in cally just sold for 400k and all the walk troughs were done online only. Tell the people listing your home to do a virtual walk trough.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to begin a new thread so the big news to me is that VS works!!! Ty Bleaks, and it was on Atlantic. So Happy Easter (soon) all of you and be well.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shortly after EA slew OSI, he took his ball and left. He did a few mediocre games and then founded his second studio to create Shroud of the Avatar which is "UO's spiritual successor.*"

* If spiritual successor meant shamelessly transparent cash grab... The game is basically an endless string of microtransactions, punctuated with thousand+ dollar homes and castles.

This screenshot kind of typifies the game:
View attachment 106884

A steampunk rave on a ship, featuring DJ Blackthorn (yes, that's Lord British on the dancefloor in the lower right corner.)

Seriously. WTF?
:facepalm:
Looks like Atlantic Luna to me. Maybe Garriott is onto something.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Shortly after EA slew OSI, he took his ball and left. He did a few mediocre games and then founded his second studio to create Shroud of the Avatar which is "UO's spiritual successor.*"

* If spiritual successor meant shamelessly transparent cash grab... The game is basically an endless string of microtransactions, punctuated with thousand+ dollar homes and castles.

This screenshot kind of typifies the game:
View attachment 106884

A steampunk rave on a ship, featuring DJ Blackthorn (yes, that's Lord British on the dancefloor in the lower right corner.)

Seriously. WTF?
:facepalm:
Shroud of the Avatar = Scam of the Avatar according to Gamer News - Lord British sneaking off with copious amounts of money, microtransations were the main feature and an underwhelming game that quickly became insolvent....
OMG everything IMA NEWBIE said about him was true. This is his shining moment, lol! I took one look at SoTA's in game shop and said "NOPE!"

For $30,000 USD you can even have a castle!! wow! Lord B has no shame :p

Last edited:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here we are going on last week of April and still no Big Announcement. Starting to think this was False Advertisement just to get people to pay for accounts. Cant tell me they dont have the time working from home to get these projects done. Hurry up and announce it already so I know if im closing my accounts or not.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They decided to not announce anything because of the current Virus situation and them all working from home, I guess the news is so exciting they feel it might lose impact with the world having bigger problems right now.... :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if they are all okay. I mean, as mushrooms, errr UO customers, we are accustomed to not hearing a peep from our devs. But this silence has been ridiculous. I guess they don't have computers at home?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Of course they have computers at home, they have this big announcement to work on, just think how awesome it will be after all the extra time they have had! ;)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you get to see Sandra Bullock?
Sorry just saw this, no I didn't . But i became friends with one of the customer service girls who knew her personally. I tried my damnedest to get there on the days she did her shopping but it never worked out.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They decided to not announce anything because of the current Virus situation and them all working from home, I guess the news is so exciting they feel it might lose impact with the world having bigger problems right now.... :p
This would be a great time to make an announcement, not a good time to keep quiet. Gaming is booming right now. I'm super excited for whatever is coming and have a lot of extra time I could be playing UO. Also, the anticipation growing may make it more disappointing if it's not something actually big.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I fully expect to be disappointed, I lost a lot of respect for the team after the t-hunt 'revamp', it would be nice if it was something awesome, I just really don't expect it. Until then we play the waiting game, where we still have hope of something good.....

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They already told us the big announcement
They are going to spend the year revamping the quest system
And the next big thing will be turning on old events to keep busy during the next big announcement

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Devs have been silent on the other forums. The Queen has her Minions locked in a Basement until the content is ready to put on Test Center. They are just behind. She will hand out the punishment.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
All they have said is that they won't be announcing anything now until after the next Publish in July, but as I said before they have this extra time now to get ahead and make whatever it is 100% more awesome.... :p I still think it's just Steam though, no matter how she says it isn't!