• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So a Dev walks in and wants to know how Siege can be "fixed"...

I

imported_the_slave_revolt

Well personally I do like 7ae items... but I bought them back when I didn't have a pbd.... I agree that they should loose thier bless.... but it would be interesting if they gained a bonus mod to compensate their loss of bless.... (ie Sammy helm get damage increase 20%) not make them uber but make them actually worth pbding.... or better yet make the 7ae gifts a vet reward (actually bless em) so all that missed out on them can get them easier. (but not tokuno dyeable, so more veterans who have em can have "rarer" ones)
I think Spined kits should make armor with no mods but really good resists on siege. (like totaling 60 resists on 1 peice)....
I am glad we got pbds.... it really brought more of a balance to siege (although 1 guild kinda suffered) and brought well personality to every character... you know despite having the same skills 2 characters could have different ways of fighting... (ie focusing on SDI and FCR/FC caps while one focusing on FCR/FC and LMC caps)
I think pets should do less damage to people (like 50% less if the tamer flags to the other person, but 20% less if the other person flags to the tamer). I don't believe tamers should have to loose their pbd to a pet though.... for those who use archery to paralyze a person so their pets can't swarm around them.... I believe people should have to have the minimum tactics to do special abilities (unless they have bushido for the sammy specials). I know tamers are really a lot better at pvming but they shouldn't be better at pvp..... but completely nerfing tamers would well make a lot of people mad..... (I have plans to eventually take it up myself.... but I'm so lazy)

G

1. Remove blessing from everything except mage and necro spell books. (it's a pain to fill a new mage book with scrolls).
Spellbooks that do not use resources should not be blessed, nor should gold hold in a spellbook.
Rune and BoDsbooks do not need blessing
Pet bonding would have to go again but give players more stable slots.
Blessed clothes may not hurt PvP but it hurt the business of the tailors.

Let the Vesper snake spawn move to the forests around Cove and Vesper when the event are over. Old land need something to draw back life to old towns like Safe Haven.

H

HalfDead

And above ALL, Siege needs a dev that gives a damn about Siege. That would be my starting point, and anyone that gave a damn about siege would see that the ONLY true fix for siege would be a REVERT.

Oh I almost forgot, after the big revert, allow Darkness to keep the only AOH on the entire shard so he can shine once again

I

imported_Krystal

another thing to fix...
what made me and my friends from napa come here instead of quitting when the trammie land came out was the ticket for a prize (bless deed) and 10k gp, course thats is nothing now.. but i think if osi did that again and offered say 200k and a ethy that would bring alot more people to our shard. its to hard to start here and alot of new players dont know bout new guild right off...

K

Kat SP

Interesting comments from all who have replied so far.

I guess everyone thinks all Doom/Gauntlet Artifacts, Tokuno Majors/Minors, Ilsh minor arties, Collection type artifacts and the like, should remain?

We should keep all the ML stuff, Peerless, craftable artifacts, etc?

It seems most players are pushing their agenda's...

G

Yeah, I don't see a problem with any of that stuff, provided it can't be blessed beyond the one siege bless.

Also vamp form and lich form people should really be taking damage from garlic-based spells, no matter if they use arcane, regs, or lrc. It should be a lot of damage, about 30-40 points worth so that greater heals are useless in vamp or lich form.

M

Masumatek

A revert will never happen. Nor will a wipe:(. So we're stuck with all the item crap. The thing that can change is no blessings at all so we use all the overpowered items at risk of losing them. There shouldn't be any blessings on Siege...limited insurance. That's what it is. It's limited insurance+ since you don't have to pay for it when you die. Enough half-assing. No more trammy/Siege shard. All blessings need removed.

And croaker...there's nothing wrong with using vamp form with garlic if you pay for it in skill points. You're using arcane or lrc...that's not garlic anyway. What needs to be fixed is using vamp form with 34 skill points, or no skill points. As soon as your skill in necro goes below 99, vamp form should auto uncast. And lich? Lich was always suppose to be able to use garlic....

K

Kat SP

Removing blessings from items won't change a thing. I don't see anyone running around in an unblessed Gypsy Headdress. People don't want the unblessed 7AE items when they are up for sale, nor have I ever seen you run with anything worth having, unblessed. There are a few players that do, but I've never seen you do it and there is nothing preventing you.

Furthermore, if you equipped better, with blessed items or otherwise, you wouldn't be nearly as frustrated with the game as you seem to be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nah, I am expressing my right in freedom of speech. It is people like you that caused the other shards to suck in the first place. Now that there is a pk shard, you people want to [censored] this shard up as well.

Give it a rest.

Stop pancakes. Start playing. See you in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, it's people like you that I wish would return to standard shards.
What a ****ty [censored] personality you have.

M

Masumatek

You are wrong. Removing blessings would add more risk to the game, more importance to crafters, more reward for killing, more loss when killed. That equals more fun. It would balance Siege PvP more, making it less item-based. It would encourage more noobs to come to Siege, who can now complete with lesser gear and no longer have to save up for 2 mill in 7ae gear and a 3-30 mill item to bless. Our population would grow. PvP would be better than ever and the game more fun. How is this not a good thing? So what if most uber arties and items become worthless collector's items? So what if only a very very few will use them? They don't need to be useful. They are overpowered and shouldn't be blessable. Items such as that and blessings in general do not belong on a PvP shard. And Siege is a PvP shard. Yes, it's so much more. But at its heart it's a PvP shard and blessings and uber items don't belong in a PvP game.

But since you seem to be attacking me directly....I don't run with uber items because I don't have them. Beyond a few uber bows that I don't use anyway on a necro-mage and a few items set aside for a duel suit, I don't have much beyond a bunch of 1/2s that I run unblessed. That's because I don't like farming, crafting, questing, or any of the other non-sense that seems to be required these days. Don't presume to know how I feel. Running in uber gear wouldn't do a thing for me. I'm frustrated with the game because I know it's going nowhere but downhill. With each publish the sky darkens more:/. All we get are broken promises from the devs. Wasn't it pub 37 that was suppose to be the PvP publish? What publish are we on? And Siege...Siege gets no attention from the devs and is going downhill as well. Our population is horrible. Even if we did get some magical Siege fix publish the devs would end up screwing up more things than they fixed. Look at PBDs. How can you call that a fix? A fix would be removing all PBDs not giving everyone on SIEGE a blessed item. And on top of it all, the game no longer caters to the PvPer play style. UO has the best PvP of any mmo. That's what I want to do...PvP. But in this age of crap and with Siege's pathetically low population that's ever more difficult to do. Eventually you have to go out farming, questing, or crafting. You shouldn't have to do these things to PvP, but you do. PvP guilds these days do a lot more of that than PvP. Sad isn't it? And with Siege's ghost town population, there aren't enough people to fight anyway unless you're on at the perfect "high" time. So don't talk like you know me. You don't. I didn't quit this game because of my items or lack of. I quit because there's nothing remaining of the great glory Siege once had, for me anyway.

G

(replying to last just because it is easy)

Settle down in here, folks. This is just a discussion amounst ourselves. There is no need to get snippy. Many folks will have ideas that you will either agree with or not. No one is neccesarily right or wrong.

Let's just discuss and express our ideas and solutions in a civil manner. It is ok to disagree. It is not ok to get personal. *smiles*

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Removing blessings from items won't change a thing. I don't see anyone running around in an unblessed Gypsy Headdress. People don't want the unblessed 7AE items when they are up for sale, nor have I ever seen you run with anything worth having, unblessed. There are a few players that do, but I've never seen you do it and there is nothing preventing you.

Furthermore, if you equipped better, with blessed items or otherwise, you wouldn't be nearly as frustrated with the game as you seem to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's human nature to use every available advantage. Just because people aren't
voluntarily sacrificing their gear to people who are keeping their's blessed doesn't
mean it wouldn't be best to unbless everything.

Whatever changes would be made... it needs to be to give everyone an equal
playing field, and to remain as true to "the spirit of Siege" as possible.

I suppose what needs to be defined is "the spirit of Siege".

My take on that is;
1. Risk=fun
2. Depending on each other for things (1 char per account/limited npc interaction)

I think that we have a compromised version of this right now. Some feel we don't
have enough risk. Some feel we are not dependent enough on each other. I tend
to agree with that line of thinking... but I'm still enjoying myself very much.

Cheers!

G

Kat ~ while I have personally give up hope on EA fixing anything for us... here is my wish list

*Boost up crafted weapons and armor. And I dont mean making craftables that have a buttload of peerless ingredients.

*Remove monster ignore

*Remove blessings from 7AE items (Only if crafted armor gets a boost)

*Fix that damn beneficial acts bug.. PLEASE

*Fix Ethys - tired of my invisible horse getting fatigued

*Modify RoT to allow more gains per day.

*Ban the color BLAZE (*hides from Shakaja and Castor*)

*Give some benefit to established player towns (IE stable or bank)

I know there is more... but being a responsible adult that works - I have to go for now.

G

Ginsu-SP

Just come back Mas. We'll figure out a way to make it fun.

G

RTLFC.

One other thing that bugs me a bit is that I need to farm up 10-20 mil in gold to get the 120's I need. I don't mind farming, but 20 mil worth will take a while. That means I need to get a second account, make a tamer that will help me farm the uber critters, train him up in ROT, and then farm for 6 months.

Alternatively, I can go do spawns, which is what I'm also doing. But imho, anything that forces me to do PvM before I can do PvP is hurting siege.

I'm not sure how to fix this. 120's are clearly here to stay. But it bugs me.

K

Kat SP

After being allied with your guild, I do know you fairly well. At least well enough to know how you equip. I wasn't personally attacking you at all. I was making an observation.

Furthermore, I sympathize with the frustration you feel to a certain extent. All I was really saying is that if you put a little more in the way you equip yourself, you might feel less frustrated. "Equip to win", I believe is the phrase some people use and there is some merit in doing that.

I could explain further, but I'm not interested in spinning my wheels. I don't really even care if Siege is ever "fixed". It isn't broken, its just a watered down version of the other shards and from all indicaations, it's why many have left. However, the fact remains that this is still, with all its warts, the best shard there is to play. I'm still having fun and will continue to do so.

I

Well if only there was a shard where I could go and hypothetically say "Set Magery 120" and my magery skill would instantly go to 120.... and say "Give Arties" and my bank box would fill up with artifacts I would pvp there.... but assuming such a shard does not exist I will stay on Siege.... Siege is not the PVP shard... its the Veteran shard with Fel ruleset.... I mean dayum Regs are three times the cost and I cannot buy empty bottles and sell them to vendors for more than I paid for them =( .

Housing, Artifacts, and Powerscrolls are for established players. I am not very well established but I do think veteran players should have some advantage over the newbies.... I had to farm my first year on siege and never pvped... (although I rarely pvp on dial up *Smiles* thats gonna change soon) A server whipe of gold would further kill the veterans off the shard. I mean new blood to the shard would be nice but the price would be really be a too much for me to stay on. 7ae should stay but OSI offer them blessed as 1st year items and/or blessed for bringing a friend to britannia. I do not depend on them, but they are nice to fall back on.... better yet why not hypothetically have all "blessed" (with special mod) items pop into your bank box so you have to go "re-equip" when killed by people (non-guild mate doing more than 20% damage). I mean not everyone has the same thoughts to do a shard revert to pub 16.... I mean on atlantic pre-aos my brother was about to sell an agapite-axe with DI 40% and SSI 10% for 1 mil, but because items spawned better than that he quickly lost his customers. A lot of people hate the term of "evolution" but some things have to be lost in order for civilization to gain. And its sad but some people just can't keep up with the times.

G

*Boost up crafted weapons and armor. And I dont mean making craftables that have a buttload of peerless ingredients.

If they just made it so we could get this peerless resources alternative ways, BOD revards, crafting quest rewards and from mining and lumbering it would works.

*Remove monster ignore
Agree

*Remove blessings from 7AE items (Only if crafted armor gets a boost)

No need for the if, if blessing was gone from this items, crafters could again sell a full suit of armor.

*Fix that damn beneficial acts bug.. PLEASE

Why not just remove that code from Siege, do we really need limit to beneficial acts?

*Fix Ethys - tired of my invisible horse getting fatigued

Remove fatigued from them but make them slow down to foot speed when in combat, that be attacker or attacked. Then we only need to dismount players on pet mounts. It would also make alot use pet mounts again and use the ethys as spare mount or for traveling.

*Modify RoT to allow more gains per day.

Maybe make it 10.0 from 70-80 and 5.0 from 80-100. I think 2.0 a day are fine from 100-120

*Ban the color BLAZE (*hides from Shakaja and Castor*)

At least no blaze pets, weapon and hair, I can accept blaze clothes and armor

I don't think player houses should be able to have a bank npc but a stable would be ok.
I would like to see all guard posts have bank, stable and a few npc vendors so this guard postes could be basis for player towns. I don't think the guards should be reactivated unless maybe inside the guard houses and 5 tiles around them.
Could make a few of them controlled of evil guards.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think player houses should be able to have a bank npc but a stable would be ok.
I would like to see all guard posts have bank, stable and a few npc vendors so this guard postes could be basis for player towns. I don't think the guards should be reactivated unless maybe inside the guard houses and 5 tiles around them.
Could make a few of them controlled of evil guards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the best NPCs for a playertown would be a healer, and a stablemaster.
There are a lot of playertowns in places where there are no wandering healers.
Would help a great deal with sparring, dueling, and other events and activities
that make playertowns fun.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure alot would let their more nice items stay home but alot would use them. When UDL still was on Siege, they was using every upper items they could find and they was not blessed. Players used to say about Lord Mark, he was like a wandering treasure chest. A good advice was to stay away from him if he died, he was pissed until he was in new gear.
They got alot stuff from their kills and they was using it. I had alot of vanq bows that become useless with AoS.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm frustrated that I need so much upper gear to PvP. Before you could use it if you could affort it but if you got ganked it did not matter alot.

Now we speak about ganks, a few years ago, you could survive a gank with running, hiding near buildings, running again and healing up while running. Now fights end to fast.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think the best NPCs for a playertown would be a healer, and a stablemaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

In Safe Haven we do have healers in the large guard tower but I really would love a bank and a stable npc too.

G

Ginsu-SP

It's a lot easier to say "equip better and you'll have more fun" when you are in
as reasonably large guild that does a lot of farming.

For members of small guilds, solo players, and people who play here only part-time,
it's much more difficult to a.) constantly find the gear you need to compete,
and b.) constantly afford the gear that is needed to compete. Unblessing
everything, and raising the resists on crafted gear would make competitive
gear much more readily available... and therefore enhance everyone's play.

Cheers!

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's a lot easier to say "equip better and you'll have more fun" when you are in

For members of small guilds, solo players, and people who play here only part-time,

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

K

Kreegan

<blockquote><hr>

Well if only there was a shard where I could go and hypothetically say "Set Magery 120" and my magery skill would instantly go to 120.... and say "Give Arties" and my bank box would fill up with artifacts I would pvp there.... but assuming such a shard does not exist

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, such a shard does exsist...the Test Center.

I've been there once or twice..that place is like Dodge City on bad acid.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually, such a shard does exsist...the Test Center.

I've been there once or twice..that place is like Dodge City on bad acid.

[/ QUOTE ]

*runs away screaming*
NoOoOoOoOoOOooo!!! He said that evil shards name!!!

G

I think he was being sarcastic.

There's a bit of a problem, however, in the assumption that vets should have a structural advantage over newbs, imho. Vet's already have a huge experience advantage over newbs. If we want to increase the population of siege, we need to encourage newbs here, not discourage them.

We want active interested new siege players, not just fresh meat.

M

Masumatek

Yes, and to draw new players in we need to do the following in this order:

1) Greatly increase skill gains. Minor adjustments won't suffice as some think. It's a vet shard. It's a PvP shard. Skill training should be quick and painless.
2) Remove all blessings
3) Balance Siege PvP based on Siege, not trammy shards.

Do that and our population will skyrocket to a point we'll need two Sieges....at least.

S

Slifer

There shouldn't be a problem with a few blessed items. Some of them, however. are just plain dumb. The 7ae Helm and Leggings are fine, but overpowered. If you are going to bless such an item, you shouldn't get the uber-resistances like on prod shards. Reduce the resists by 5-10% (like I said earlier) and yes, for leggings, reduce cold resist too. Bump up crafted armor resist, and more people will be using crafted armor instead of monster loot armor. I know I have some pieces of monster loot, if I enhance 3 of them I would get over 60 fire resist. 3 Pieces, 60+ resist. Theres no way crafted armor can compete with that unless runics.

H

HalfDead

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed

[/ QUOTE ]

Word

M

Masumatek

There is a problem with a few blessed items and always will be. They don't belong on Siege. They don't belong in PvP. If you want more people on Siege, and we do NEED more people, then you have to make sacrifices. I can't count how many people have told me or posted on the forums that they won't come to Siege because it's nothign but a watered down trammy shard with its blessed items. I have seen more trammy shard players ask for a complete removal of blessings/insurance in Fel than I have Siegers for Siege. The population boost from removing blessed items alone would be huge. Imagine what it would be if PvP was balanced and skill training was quick instead of long and boring. Let's stop half-assing Siege. Make it as unique as possible. We don't need limited insurance. We need no insurance.

G

Ginsu-SP

You are seriously the FIRST thief i have ever heard of that wanted to leave
anything blessed. Siege needs no blessings except on magic books, and rune books.

Cheers!

H

HalfDead

I agree with most of what you say Mat, except for the part about making ROT easier. I say fookem, it wasn't easy for me, so the heck with making things easier for the next man. Siege isn't suppose to be EASY.

That is the ONLY issue I have with what you say.

M

Masumatek

We have to make sacrifices if we want a bigger population. It wasn't easy for me either. But I don't care. I want more people to play with. I've probably taken more time to train a template up than anyone..over 10 months. Why? Because I wanted to PVP...not spend time training. So my skill level slowly raised while PvPing..and sucking. I'm sure there are many out there like that. I know there are...PvPers generally want to do just that: PvP, not spend months training. And it's not just PvPers. There are a lot of casual players who would love to experience Siege but simply don't have the time to start all over, training multiple chars, farming so they can compete, everything. If we want to get all those people, and there are a lot of them, to come to Siege that say "I don't want to have to start all over again," then we have to make it easier for them to start. People will come if they don't have to spend months to get ready, training before they can get in the action. People will come if they don't have to save up mills to buy 7ae gear and an uber item to pbd too...but making skill training fast and easy will draw in the most players.

I

If this was a PVP-Shard; Tamers, Crafters, and Bards shouldn't exist on this shard. But hey they'll never take em out. Removing all the blessings hmmmm so all that sweat I had poured out to get good items, while you experimented with your "Gimp" templates will go to waste? Siege Pvp will never be balanced, its the inbalance that makes this game not "WoW". Its not something you can master in 1 week's time.

Our Population would Sky-rocket? Hmmm maybe if we had a "safe" bank where people could just pile up to show off the artifacts that they have.... well hellz bellz we'd need a trammel. When I came to siege I poured sweat as a mage; I did escorts, I hunted in wind (with like LRC 50% suits), I ocassionally champed with guildmates. Its the Hardest shard for a reason. Most of the people that liked the pvp have left uo already, dwelling on the past is not healthy.

*Also the problem with Ethies, I think they are fine now.... just use a real horse.... Ethies are for limited use, there is a reason why you gotta let them charge for 20 minutes before using them freely.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

If this was a PVP-Shard; Tamers, Crafters, and Bards shouldn't exist on this shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Siege was never created as a "PvP" shard. It is a veteran shard. It is just a
harder version of UO.... Tamers, Crafters, and Bards are, have always been,
and will forever be part of UO.

Cheers!

M

Masumatek

1) It is a PvP shard. It is not only for PvP, no. It is also the shard with the strongest community and the best rp. It is also a vet shard. I think the best way to describe it is a vet/pvp shard...but PvP, imo, is the main attraction. Here, on Siege, you can loot in PvP. Reds can go anywhere. It certainly caters to the PvPers more than any other shard. You mentioned "hard" shard. Yes, it certainly is the hardest shard. But why? Because of the risk...risk of being attacked by the PvPers...risk of being looted. What adds to the risk? What makes it harder?-No more blessed items.
2) The population would skyrocket if all those things I listed were done. It would increase greatly still if only eliminating all blessed items was done. PvPers would flock from all the other shards. Right now though, they don't want to come here. They don't want to play a half-assed half trammy half real shard. They don't want to monster grind to get the millions they need in items to compete. They want a real UO to play, not an item game. They already have that on their trammel shards and aren't going to start all over for a lesser version of it. Removing blessings would change all that. Hell...someone on Stratics says something like that every day it seems...where's that quote from today:

Nixon on uhall talking about Siege:
"then theres the need to farm jewels and such. If the old casting system was in place, as opposed to items, it would be far more appealing, but I've seen the items some of the dexers there use, they are bad enough on a production shard, never mind Siege. If I kill them, I can't loot it, PBD, then theres the helmet and legs

Sure get those things sorted and it might be a bit more balanced, but until then."

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume you are speaking of my guild? We don't do much farming at all and never really have. Spawns and Peerless are pretty common, but when you have 12 or more people sharing/rolling for the loot, it doesn't go very far.

Furthermore, it doesn't take a large guild to farm for needed equipment. Mas has access to a PvM character and could farm Oni for a bit and have some decent stuff. He know's I would enhance it for him... I've offered a number of times. There are simply things he refuses to do. 1. Use UOA and 2. Wear better equipment. I'll spare you the rest of the list.

<blockquote><hr>

and b.) constantly afford the gear that is needed to compete.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you well know, TnT has not always been the size it is today. For a long time there were only 4-6 of us. Once we got some other members, there were only 5 to maybe 8 on at a time. We only really played evenings and some weekends and it took us the better part of a year to earn enough gold to get better gear and the ability to replace it. It didn't come easy and we have a number of new players today. I know very well the struggles they face.

<blockquote><hr>

Unblessing

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, unblessing everything is putting the cart before the horse. That has been my point all along. Resists are not what is CAUSING the imbalance. It's the damage out put of most weapons and the ability to swing/shoot them insanely fast. Unblessing the headdress, 7ae armor and all hats with resists only serves to create MORE imbalance until such a time that the Dev team does something with crafting. Furthermore, what makes you think they will EVER raise resists on crafted gear? They have never indicated that was the plan.

So here is how I see it playing out.

1. You all scream to unbless everything
2. The dev team says ok fine, we'll unbless everything
3. You're all thrilled with unblessed everythings, but every time you walk out onto the field... BOOM/Dead because while you wait for a crafting chage, resists are more difficult to come by
4. Years pass and changes to crafting never come to pass, OR maybe they did, but the resists on crafted gear is still crappy
5. Only some REV, a few OTF and a few other brave souls will be wearing nice items unblessed, but most players wouldn't dream of wearing something they paid a million gold for, unblessed, so they just continue to get slaughtered and frustrated until they can't stand it anymore

Mark my words Ginsu, the Dev team will listen and probably follow through with unblessing everything, but it'll likely be a cold day in hell before they address crafting. How long did you guys wait on PBD's again? Where is our PvP balance?

AND before you say it... I do have a number of new players in my guild and guess what? Those who have expressed interest, have been able to find 7ae armor just fine.

I realize blessed armor is not "in the spirit of Siege", but this isn't the same game it was when Siege was created. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the spirit of Siege, but lets not put the cart before the horse and create more problems.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

I'd tell the Dev to do whatever he/she feels like doing ... I am past the point of caring ... whatever they want to do makes no difference to me ... I will adjust or stop playing.

They don't give a crap about the 3% that play siege - the negative guys drove the few EA people that still read our forum away by being the jerks that they are ...

So ... play the game as it is ... if changes come adjust or quit ... complaining and/or idea threads are pointless. I have a list of ideas but there is no use in posting them here.

I

I agree completely.
I would just like to say that I came to siege without a pbd.... it was harder then, and these new comers have it 10 times easier.... but no one have the grapes (of wrath) to come here and have their arses kicked their first month.
Just for the Record I wouldn't mind if 7ae items lost their bless: but I'd like them to gain some mod to compensate their loss of bless (so they'd actually be worth blessing). The Dev will not do a "Siege only" publish, but like Kat said "lets not put the cart before the horse and create more problems."

Y

Yasou Wakayama

Nothing to give up about ...

I play the game to have some fun - let off steam - talk to some friends on vent.
The rules no longer matter to me - the changes no longer matter to me.

The biggest changes needed are to factions - factions should be a part of the game IMO - you must choose a faction as a guild ... but some elements of factions must be changed to make it more fun (lessen stat loss times - eliminate monster ignore - change city fights/defenses to mean something) ...

If you want to eliminate the blessings so be it - I will convert Yasou to a scribe mage like every other mage will do - sounds sorta lame to have everyone be the same template but if there is no crafter boost then that is the way to go ... like I said T I'm not sweating it - I just roll with it no point getting stressed anymore over a game.

G

Ginsu-SP

I'm not cracking on TnT.

Everything I'm saying is just in general.

And yes you're probably right... they would only do half the solution, as per usual.

However, the thread started out with "So a Dev walks in and wants to know how Siege can be "fixed"..."

...not "So a Dev walks in and wants to know how Siege can be "fixed"... and you
know that he'll do a half-assed job...."

So you got lists of entire fixes... not just the little bit that we could guess that
would be implemented which would actually improve things.

If they unbless everything, you are correct, the crafting fix is just as important
as the unblessing. Because not only is artifact weapon damage balanced against
artifact armor resists... loot weapons and enhanced bows are also too much
damage for GM armor.

So I suppose the answer is all or nothing. Until the devs are willing to put a total
fix in for Siege... we'd be better off if they left it alone. Kinda like I said in my
first response.

Cheers!

M

Masumatek

I shouldn't have to wear better equipment. I should be able to just slap on some standard gear and rush into the fight. Items mods should add only minor bonuses, nothing that significantly sways the battle. The entire loot system needs revamped across the board, not just on Siege. We need to start all over with a wipe of items. That's not going to happen though. At least we can help the problem a little by removing blessings. If you want to use your overpowered items, fine. You risk losing them though. This way you don't have to farm for that perfect item. If someone is using better items than you, you will still sadly be at a disadvantage. But at least you can take it from them when they die. No more overpowered artifacts. No more forcing noobs to farm mills to compete. And most importantly, our population would increase.

As to unblessing everything causing quicker deaths because of less resists...it would. But it's an important first step to balancing Siege. If they're willing to put in the effort to unbless all items on Siege they'de probably be willing to have a separate Siege PvP balancing. Preferably, it would happen all at once. Unblessing + PvP balance all in one publish. But if not, unblessing needs to come first and we just have to hope they come through with balancing Siege PvP. If they attempt to balance the PvP and then unbless everything later on, we would be no better off since PvP would once again be imbalanced after they unblessed everything. And if not, if they just unbless it and don't balance the PvP...it won't be too different then it is now anyway. The template gaining the biggest advantage would be taming, but it's already so overpowered who cares if it gets a tad more so. People wouldn't be using their 1/3 10 sdi 15 dci. People wouldn't be using their 50 lighting 40 hld 30 ssi 40 di 30 whatever magical shortbow. Those who did would lose it soon enough. You lose some resists...but you also lose your means of doing so much damage. It balances itself out in the end.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

We have to make sacrifices if we want a bigger population. It wasn't easy for me either. But I don't care. I want more people to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it many times, I'll say it again.. I prefer Quality over Quantity. Give me a handful of people that appreciate Siege rather than thousands who don't.

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

We have to make sacrifices if we want a bigger population. It wasn't easy for me either. But I don't care. I want more people to play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it many times, I'll say it again.. I prefer Quality over Quantity. Give me a handful of people that appreciate Siege rather than thousands who don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
So if they junk it up some more... and more people leave... you will still be saying
that? There are PLENTY of people who appreciated Siege when it was balanced.

Cheers!

N

Nerf-Herder

<blockquote><hr>

Nothing to give up about ...

I play the game to have some fun - let off steam - talk to some friends on vent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same reasons this noobie still plays. I am glad to hear you haven't lost the way.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

So if they junk it up some more... and more people leave... you will still be saying that? There are PLENTY of people who appreciated Siege when it was balanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're talking about bringing people back to Siege vs. enticing new people to the shard. Two completely different scenarios. Which is it?

Edit: As I said in my original post.. I believe we're stuck with what we got. Probably worse if/when they make it the Punkbuster-Free shard. We can cook up all the ideas we want, but unless somebody goes out and boots up their own free server with those changes, we'll never see them on Siege.

Again.. they haven't even offered a simple swap out of the promo tokens in almost a year. Creating this laundry list is like writing down all the things you'd do with the money if you won the lottery.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I'm not disagreeing that quantity is better than quality, but we have to have some quantity to work with. Besides...look at the people that play this shard compared to a few years ago. Many many good people still play. I'm not denying that. But it seems, to me, that there are now a lot more trammelized aholes that don't belong on Siege to begin with these days. But they certainly aren't going anywhere. We're stuck with them. I'de bet less than 1% of that 3% is the "quality" that we want. Look at the situation. Yes, we still have the strongest community of all UO shards...but it's weaker than it's ever been, at least than i've ever seen it. It's not like we are some heavenly shard with only honorable, true Siegers and a strong community that can deal with all our scammers and aholes. Enough rambling...I guess the point i'm trying to make is what harm can it bring? It can only get better. What do we have to lose? We have so much to gain.

I

AN ITEM WHIPE? You'd kill everyone already here, Dayum dude if anything EA need to sell 7ae items again; I can't imagine why they wouldn't want more money. Your thinking that Artifacts are uber, no their not* 3/2 Casting on an orny, hellz bellz I've gotten 3/1s with SDI off monsters before I've ever gotten an orny. The perfect item? There is no perfect item, there are items that work together that help make a perfect suit. The way I see it any new mage that comes to siege has a month in development, and should hunt while they train. 500K for a scrapper, I had about 500K by the time I had 85 magery. Any newbie would want an orny thats natural but with the scrapper its easy as trammel to hit the sdi cap and fcr/fc cap with the scrapper. The way I see it mages are the hardest to pvp with and hardest to get items to go high-end with. Loss of resists would result in even more ganking. You think Unblessing everything would be fine, but you are mistaken. 1 item adds personality to game, I don't want everyone running the same gimp template.

Masu I wanna know how often did you actually run a smart template over a high-end template? I seem to remember you had that sammy helm but never wore the ember leggings.