• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slime Sightings

S

soulstoner

Just in from the UO Herald as copied below:

Slime Event Issues
Joanne Laroche
05 Jan 2009 13:35:56
We just wanted you to know that we're aware that some slimes in the Slime Event have not been moving on properly, or giving all the hues that they were supposed to. We're currently working on a fix for theses issues and we will extend the Slime Event as necessary so everyone has the time to fully enjoy it. Please keep an eye here on the Herald for updates about the slimes!
:p

K

Katlene

Ahh excellent thanks soulstoner.
Nice to see the devs are back at work hehe

F

Fink

They're also reverting Tokuno pigments on swamp dragon barding to plain iron... not sure about slime dyes.

S

soulstoner

found em!!! On Atlantic right now they are in Sorcerer's dungeon .. on 2nd level in the large circular room with Acid ele, Lich Lord and Blood ele -- lol (not for the feint at heart) --- 2 new shade titles showing.... don't wanna spoil the color surprise atm ... still earthy tones though :)

R

RichDC

They're also reverting Tokuno pigments on swamp dragon barding to plain iron... not sure about slime dyes.
It is stated in another post that both types of swamp armour dying was not intended and will be reverted.

Glad to hear they didnt go all Neon with these acid dyes!!!

S

soulstoner

Glad to hear they didnt go all Neon with these acid dyes!!!
Yeah the invul blue swampy is hideous .... Glad the warning on the barding deeds is out ... Vendors still with deeds +/- a mill....

I recall reading early on within the test shard postings that a hot pink slime spawned ... I did see a gorget for sale on a vendor that was hot pink the other day ... can't imagine how else a hot pink shade wouldah happened.... at least we're rest assured no hot pink swampies will be bopping around ... the newer shades i spotted this morning in Sorcerer's Dungeon are nifty and easy on the eyes. Following the most direct path to level 2 one will not encounter the Balron(s) and it is possible to lure the lich lord, Poison & Acid eles to the most easterly room for more friendly dying.

K

Katlene

some people have leather dye tubs that use normal tub colours apparently. Ive had a pair of pink leather gloves for a long while now, no idea why the only colour ive seen is pink though.
Im not so sure i want to go exploring that place for slimes heh. bit hairy scary!! youd need one lot of ppl to kill while others slimed!

T

tymbow

youd need one lot of ppl to kill while others slimed!
I tried. It sucks. They respawn very fast and as they are all potent spellcasters a few Flame Strikes and it's all over for you. You may be able to lure them out of the room then invis etc. but I was on my warrior and had no capability to try that.

D

Dain

The leather dye tubs that are normal dye colours are a bugged item that have been around for about a year now.

There's quite a lot of armor floating around those colours; a few of the SSO members have some red armor from them I believe.

I have a few green and pink bits.

You can buy the tubs on US shards for 90-100m

K

Katlene

All Shards Published
Joanne Laroche
07 Jan 2009 17:44:18

All shards will be published during their next regularly scheduled maintenance. Here are the notes:
The Slime Event will be extended until January 24th.
Slimes will now switch locations every 3 days.
New hues will be available.
Barding deeds can no longer be colored with Tokuno dyes.
Barding deeds can no longer be recycled.
All swamp dragons with Tokuno dyed barding armor will be reverted to iron.
All dyed barding deeds will be reverted to iron.

T

Teeshy

Has anyone seen them in the past couple of days?

I went hunting yesterday (not *every* place) but couldn't find them at all

Anyone else know where they are? I still have stuff to dye =P

T

Teeshy

Back in Fire Fel today - east from the entrance, just over the bridge

T

Teeshy

Moved again today to Bushido Hall (image attached)

Ronins and ninja's to watch out for, though so far I've managed to lure 'em out ok =)

Only red, tan and green spawning as specials - hopefully we get at least one more day of blue/olive - I finally thought of something to do with the olive! =P

Attachments

K

Katlene

HA i knew it was that one!! some people kept saying it was the training area up from haven!!
Cheers teeshy

T

Teeshy

Oh, I think this spot is probably going to be easier to trap them at least! And hopefully they won't wander away quite as far.

Hedge maze it is!

L

LordHammer

Hail all.
It has come to my attention that there are a special breed of slimes appearing on our shard.

Good Luck!
Hi Kat , i always see you when i visit despise for a ratspawn .

So these new breed of slimes are ur cousins i guess ?