• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slime Sightings

K

Katlene

Hail all.
It has come to my attention that there are a special breed of slimes appearing on our shard.
At this stage all we know is that they can dye enhanced or magical items.
There is only one colour at a time, and it could be anywhere on any facet! Preverbial needle in a haystack.

If you happen to spot one of these wily critters please post its where abouts in this thread so everyone can go see it and use some of its dye.

There is also a quest involved with the slimes that you get from Lyla the researcher.
You find her in the battlements just near the north Jhelom docks.
When you accept the quest she will give you 3 bowls that you need to dye 3 different colours to complete the quest before handing them into Iakas at the zoo.

Good Luck!

T

Teeshy

Thanks for starting this thread Katlene =) I'd just thought to do something similar - hopefully between us all we will be able to find them occasionally!

T

Teeshy

Hrmm, I read the FoF and I've read just about every thread on the subject, but I can't seem to find them =P Maybe I've walked past them a dozen times already?

K

Katlene

According to a Japanese UO website, their locations are:

ブリテイン西の畑 - West Brit Farm
ヘッジメイズ - Hedge Maze
ファイアダンジョン - Fire Dungeon
カオス神殿 - Chaos Shrine
エクソダスダンジョン - Exodus Dungeon
ソーサラーズ - Sorcerer's Dungeon
ネクロマンサーアリーナ - Necromancer Arena
ドゥーム - Doom
武士道道場 - Fandancer Dojo
ヨモツ坑道 - Yomotsu Mine

F

Farscape

Hrmm, I read the FoF and I've read just about every thread on the subject, but I can't seem to find them =P Maybe I've walked past them a dozen times already?
I told you not to go too fast :hahaha:

K

Katlene

teesh go fast???
may i say... lol

be nice though if she could

T

Teeshy

*chuckles at you both*

But I said walked this time Farscape - incidentally, I just got the last season of the show of the same name. Only up to second season watching though =P

(and boy! Would it ever be nice if I could go fast!! =D)

K

Katlene

least you have good taste in tv shows teesh :p kyton & erin can also be seen in SG1 hehe

I dont think we are going to get any answers from teh devs till very late tonight at the earliest :(

I was really looking forward to this event too.

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

27/12/2008 - Exodous Dungeon - Back room.

Mezzac

SHINE

Make'em wonder what you got

make'em wish that they were not

On the outside looking bored.

T

Teeshy

Thanks Mezz! Hadn't been in game yet to check! Now I just gotta find that place ;)

K

Katlene

i stealthed in earlier today, was no one else around :( and as soon as you get anywhere near the slimes you get revealed *pouts*

K

Katlene

I finally got around to finishing the slime quest tonight and this is what you get.

And when you use it you get...

F

Fink

i stealthed in earlier today, was no one else around :( and as soon as you get anywhere near the slimes you get revealed *pouts*
Yeah.. stealth will only get you past the other spawn. Shadow jump will get you closer to the slimes but "using" them reveals you anyway, and they're inclined to teleport away. :spider:

T

Teeshy

Has anyone found a really good strategy for using them yet?

I was bringing up their health bars, stealthing after them til they stood still, then double clicking health bar, and *if* I was lucky enough they would either stay still, or run away-back real quick and I could use the dye.

But most of the time I would justhave to stealth after them again and try again ;)

Thanks for the link to Exodus page Katlene - I didn't go there - pattially cos I am trying to empty the castle 'cos looks like I am going to sell it, but mostly... 'cos I am a wuss =P

K

Katlene

when i took katlene in yesterday, i just ran right through everything, then invised when i dropped down.
then ran like the wind through to the door to the back room invised again then i just grabbed the slimes bar (so much easier to dbl click) and walked up to it and dbl clicked it zapped away but it was also after me so it came back lol thats howi got all three bowls done.
which mind you dont even get coloured they just fill with blood :( dodgy

E

Edina Monsoon

As of a few moments ago, I was told that the slimes are now at the NW corner of Doom.

Haven't checked this out yet, but just an FYI.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please be kind enough to explain to me whats going on? and how do i do the slime quest for the nifty title?

K

Katlene

try reading my first post again hun, it tells you who & where to go to get the quest.
When the quest window pops up it tells you everything you need to do, but ill say it anyway.
you get given 3 empty bowls, you need to then go find the slimes, dbl click a slime (not as easy as it sounds) and then click on a bowl and it will fill with dye (aka blood) do it x3 then go back to the quest giver and you get a deed (pictured above somewhere) which if you dbl click that you will be titled a slime hunter

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thankie!

Edit: Umm, how do i know somethings a special slime and not a normal one? Theres only one per shard? Ick.

K

Katlene

they arnt where you usually find slimes and theres 1 group per shard at any time, about 10 all up
they are named acid slimes i think and the rarer colours have the colour in brackets after its name eg acid slime [olive green]

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aah thanks. Is this related to why i saw some odd names slimes at a rat spawn last night? JWilson or something like that.

T

Teeshy

They're great for training your healing up too - though I went on the wrong character when they were on Brit farms and died =P I wanna take my other character, cos their healing is only around 80 =)

T

Teeshy

Aah thanks. Is this related to why i saw some odd names slimes at a rat spawn last night? JWilson or something like that.
Nah, Jwilson's were Wilki's parting gift when he left UO I think - something to do with some guy that gave UO a *really* bad review right back when it started, and they named some of the slimes after him - I'm not 100% clear on the story (WELL before my time! =D)

These are just acid slimes, and they'll be in odd spots - keep an eye on this thread, or one on Uhall for where to find them =)

There was a similar event on the Japanese shards some time back, where the slimes dyed stuff brighter colours (AOS? colours I think?) This is like that, just the colours we get are the duller tok dyes, plus apparently 5 other colours, though personally I'v eonly seen the dark blue and olive green - I'm *guessing* that the invasion forces armours are the other colours we can get, cos the dark blue and olive green are part of that set, and I'm sure I saw someone post somewhere that they saw one of the blood red slimes too =)

K

Katlene

thats what ya get for going on an exotic cruise instead of being infront of the computer where every good geek belongs :p:p:p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heads up from the other side of the globe. I just ran into these while doing a stealing run through the mine on Europa. They're right at the end where the firebeetle spawns (which made stealing the vases a heck of a lot more tricky with the way they reveal!). So far they've been in the same spot on all shards.

K

Katlene

Ahh excellent! thanks petra! Not a very friendly place for them to be though!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awsome, so i just double clicky on em and thats it? Wish me luck!

K

Katlene

Yeah and you will get a target cursor. But you have to stay near them while it all happens.
They also insta reveal and knock you off mounts and occasionally poison you on top.

K

Katlene

Slimes are still in the mines as of 9pm aest
Also, it doesnt make any difference if you go to Lyla at the docks or to Iakas at the zoo, i honestly dont know why the bothered putting him in =/

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They change every 2 days at server up, tommorow morning they will have changed. I find them within 1 hour of logging on.

K

Katlene

I wasnt sure how long its been since they went in there.
Hoping they will go to the necro arena next!!
But your a good lad taken time out of your busy morning to find them!!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely forgot to do it again today. Ill do it tomoz if someone posts where they are.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got motivated and logged back in last night and did it. I think having them in a restricted place like that made it easy. I could see how them popping around would make it harder, but when they had nowhere realy to go i had it done in 3 mins tops. Ofcourse using honor makes everything easy... :spider:

K

Katlene

im gunna check now, i have a bad feeling its going to be the hedge maze

K

Katlene

Lol saw ya in fire dungeon pet :p

its been to long since ive been in there i couldnt find my way to lvl one hahaha
all the runes i tried were blocked :(

Trying to think what the sorcerers dungeon would be

S

soulstoner

Thinking sorcerer's dungeon may be out the Honesty gate and west path to the wisp dungeon where Melissa's Cloak was to be had?

K

Katlene

I got told its the temple of knowledge sw of valor
Pretty blue place :heart: it there.

nothing so far. It cant be over already!

M

Moonstar

i checked the place by hat waterfall which is where i think the temple of knowledge is but i didnt see any slimes.
can anyone confirm the slime location?

K

Katlene

temple of knowledge is in ilsh. go to valor, over the bridge to the sw west follow the lake directly down you will see a set of stairs leading in to the sorcerers dungeon, you can get to the temple that way, but good luck.

The other way to get in is you walk down a little more so you are standing in the corner of the cliff face and the waterfall, in the top right of the screen you should see a little tuft of grass you need to teleport up there, if you cant see it then you need to up the size of your game window :D

The slimes wernt there. I checked every place on tram side that they should be, as did pet and i think he may of checked fel side aswell.

We've made posts on uohall about not finding them, i havnt checked today to see if theres any answers, but they have had their server ups now so hopfully there may be something

S

soulstoner

I checked out the Temple/Sorcerer's Dungeon location from Katlene's heads up 1/3 ... there's the entire interactive map of all levels and how to get to each area (mage or not) and what to expect from the inhabitants on the Stratics link below --- no slimes there on Atlantic yet.

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=atlas&id=1126

The new Conjurer's Trinket 'rocks' in there ... though ... Balron and blood eles take some other special maneuvers &/or on a mount you can out run em if that's your plan from jump.

It's cool the slimes are going to places that many people may have never had in there 'places to go' bag - great exposure - great game.:)