• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Locks and Amnesty

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

This thread has gone on for ages going over and over the same issue, it also gets side tracked and has to be pulled back in line as players read some of the posts and don't see why certain issues have become a heightened point in the thread.
The main argument being presented against changing the locks is because people will lose locks where their sim is actually older than accredited paid time.
They received locks from the grace period and don't feel they should lose those locks to give returning players some extra incentive to return.
I posted what follows earlier in this thread and don't feel I can point out what this thread is all about any better than I did then.
---
Yes the changes being made on the game will be the main thing that will bring players back, I heard about the changes and it was enough to get me back to have a look see what was on the cards. In making that decision I also thought about having to start again from scratch, conversations with others that are considering returning have said the same thing. Part of that is having to wait to regain our locks. I had 4 skills maxed and locked when I last played and to get back to that I will have to wait 1260 days to regain the locks. Now I can tell you, most who "seriously" consider returning to the game will think the same way. You like everyone else continually point out that we knew we would lose our locks when we left. To expand on that we actually knew we would lose everything, locks, skills, property interactions and so on. The attitude of people who stayed in the game is that because we left we should expect nothing, get nothing and have no say. To re build numbers in this game the most readily accessible market to EA is previous players. Telling these people about the new fun features will bring many back yes, adding that they will not be starting from scratch again because they will re gain their locks will bring back more. More important than that, will have more of them staying once returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will not need four maxed skills on one avatar to make out well in the new game. Skills are going to be of less importance in EA-Land. Many lots will be motive less so there will be no skill decay on those. You can have all the skill earned interactions on those lots too. You are going to have many avatars available to you with one account in the same land. The top payouts on money objects are going to rotate so the smart strategy will be to max each of your avatars in a different skill. You are already given twenty locks to start with so each sim can have one locked skill.

The old crafting objects are not going to be that important with all the new custom content so you really are not going to miss out on anything there. You do not need any skills to create new custom content.

You will not be coming back with nothing. Amnesty is going to be granted and you will be given back all the gifts that you are entitled to. If players come back now and go to the production cities they will find it easy to make money to buy, build and furnish their lots before the merge.

I deleted an old sim with many locked skills to be a founder in TC3. I did not find it difficult to live there without all my former locks. Yes, it is more of a pain if you want to keep multiple skills without having the locks but it really is not a big issue. I do not really care one way or another if they decide to make skill locks tied to paid account time. My issue is with the development time needed to change the current system. The Dev's have more important things to attend to if they are going to make this game a success. Locks are a minor issue.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm going to assume you meant to reply to my post. Yes I guess you could say I feel strongly about wasting Dev Team time on such a non issue as this. But no more strongly than other posters that feel the same way or even the flipside of this non issue. I hope that helps you understand things a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine - you wanna be a butt? Be a butt.
Snide little comments are not going to make anyone see your point of view any clearer, or respect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure do read a lot into people's posts guy.
snide remarks????

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This thread has gone on for ages going over and over the same issue, it also gets side tracked and has to be pulled back in line as players read some of the posts and don't see why certain issues have become a heightened point in the thread.
The main argument being presented against changing the locks is because people will lose locks where their sim is actually older than accredited paid time.
They received locks from the grace period and don't feel they should lose those locks to give returning players some extra incentive to return.
I posted what follows earlier in this thread and don't feel I can point out what this thread is all about any better than I did then.
---
Yes the changes being made on the game will be the main thing that will bring players back, I heard about the changes and it was enough to get me back to have a look see what was on the cards. In making that decision I also thought about having to start again from scratch, conversations with others that are considering returning have said the same thing. Part of that is having to wait to regain our locks. I had 4 skills maxed and locked when I last played and to get back to that I will have to wait 1260 days to regain the locks. Now I can tell you, most who "seriously" consider returning to the game will think the same way. You like everyone else continually point out that we knew we would lose our locks when we left. To expand on that we actually knew we would lose everything, locks, skills, property interactions and so on. The attitude of people who stayed in the game is that because we left we should expect nothing, get nothing and have no say. To re build numbers in this game the most readily accessible market to EA is previous players. Telling these people about the new fun features will bring many back yes, adding that they will not be starting from scratch again because they will re gain their locks will bring back more. More important than that, will have more of them staying once returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will not need four maxed skills on one avatar to make out well in the new game. Skills are going to be of less importance in EA-Land. Many lots will be motive less so there will be no skill decay on those. You can have all the skill earned interactions on those lots too. You are going to have many avatars available to you with one account in the same land. The top payouts on money objects are going to rotate so the smart strategy will be to max each of your avatars in a different skill. You are already given twenty locks to start with so each sim can have one locked skill.

The old crafting objects are not going to be that important with all the new custom content so you really are not going to miss out on anything there. You do not need any skills to create new custom content.

You will not be coming back with nothing. Amnesty is going to be granted and you will be given back all the gifts that you are entitled to. If players come back now and go to the production cities they will find it easy to make money to buy, build and furnish their lots before the merge.

I deleted an old sim with many locked skills to be a founder in TC3. I did not find it difficult to live there without all my former locks. Yes, it is more of a pain if you want to keep multiple skills without having the locks but it really is not a big issue. I do not really care one way or another if they decide to make skill locks tied to paid account time. My issue is with the development time needed to change the current system. The Dev's have more important things to attend to if they are going to make this game a success. Locks are a minor issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Why change something that is not broke and waste Dev Team time "fixing" it?
All because someone wants to gain a lock back because they recreated back in the day? GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK ALREADY. Or is it because so an so kept an account "in storage" by not playing but keeping the sims safe by paying every third month? Again......GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK ALREADY, SO WHAT!. So what if so an so has the same amount of locks as someone who played the whole 3 month period. WHOOPIE ,BIG DEAL, SO WHAT!

G

Okay it took me a week to read this entire thread, every single post, and I kept a open mind, really...now...

Who is Lewis?
Who is Greg?
And why should we care about their opinions? Am I missing something?

Dutch , I had that idea about nixing skill decay all together about 4 pages ago. And my post was met with a dull thud also.

remflyer #687992 - 12/27/07 10:23 PM ... well said (((stands and applauds)))

KIR you have been a voice of reason on this issue (and I applaud you too), but I think the argument that it's a waste of Dev time is weak. I bet they could throw a switch to change lock issuance (or rid us of decay).

I stand by my hypothesis that the original post on this thread is, in itself, misleading. I do not believe this question was raised by the Devs, rather it was merely pled in their sim-presence. I posited that there were two or three or four "vocal minority" baby sims in TEST (note this is a test, not where you live) who now, 6 months into the TEST , are sorely mourning their locks. They decided to grasp onto the RUSE that skill lock earning has been exploited by SOME. How many? Maybe the oh holy Devs can tell us.

I know I'm being a little bit &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake" --- but also &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; John Wayne "buck up little camper".

<font color="purple"> **Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...time for a group hug, don't want to see this worthy discussion ended prematurely.</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

So what if so an so has the same amount of locks as someone who played the whole 3 month period. WHOOPIE ,BIG DEAL, SO WHAT!

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly - so, what are you bellyachin' about?

That is the issue, not whether or not part-timing is an exploit - that's just a tangent this thread zoomed off on.
It has already been said by most of the posters that they had no problem with those players keeping their locks. Yet, you keep talking about "ain't broke, don't fix it" while the devs are in the middle of re-vamping the whole freakin' game and 'fixin' hundreds of things that 'ain't broke'.
NOIP
It's a suggestion - that's all. But people are soooooo afraid that someone else is going to get a tiny piece more gingerbread than they are, and go ballistic with conspiracy theories, accusations, threats, and God knows what.
If somebody asked for a red chair in game, somebody else would complain because they wanted a green chair and the "red chair" people MUST have an ulterior motive because they haven't done anything to earn a red chair - and it would be UNFAIR to the rest of us to put in a red chair without also putting in a green chair - and why not a yellow chair while we're at it? Or orange? Blue? White?
People need to stop looking for imagined evil in every suggestion.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

Okay it took me a week to read this entire thread, every single post, and I kept a open mind, really...now...

Who is Lewis? Who is Greg? And why should we care about their opinions?
Am I missing something?

Dutch , I had that idea about nixing skill decay all together about 4 pages ago. And my post was met with a dull thud also.

remflyer #687992 - 12/27/07 10:23 PM ... well said (((stands and applauds)))

KIR you have been a voice of reason on this issue (and I applaud you too), but I think the argument that it's a waste of Dev time is weak. I bet they could throw a switch to change lock issuance (or rid us of decay).

I stand by my hypothesis that the original post on this thread is, in itself, misleading. I do not believe this question was raised by the Devs, rather it was merely pled in their sim-presence. I posited that there were two or three or four "vocal minority" baby sims in TEST (note this is a test, not where you live) who now, 6 months into the TEST , are sorely mourning their locks. They decided to grasp onto the RUSE that skill lock earning has been exploited by SOME. How many? Maybe the oh holy Devs can tell us.

I know I'm being a little bit &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake" --- but also &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; John Wayne "buck up little camper".

<font color="purple"> **Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...time for a group hug, don't want to see this worthy discussion ended prematurely.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Greg is one of our developers and the person I believe who would be working on changing the lock system if they decide to do so. Lewis is one of Greg's avatars in TC3.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
An excellent idea it was too. But you were not the first (no slam intended), as many have proposed the same thing, either exactly or with some variation. Including myself (page 1) and several others. The discussion on this started way back during beta and I have no idea who first posted it.
The gist is to re-vamp skill decay to make it contribute to the fun/challenge of the game rather than just be a drudge. Or.... just get rid of it altogether.
I am of the school to keep it, but make it more realistic.
There are, of course, many other opinions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm going to assume you meant to reply to my post. Yes I guess you could say I feel strongly about wasting Dev Team time on such a non issue as this. But no more strongly than other posters that feel the same way or even the flipside of this non issue. I hope that helps you understand things a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Snide little comments are not going to make anyone see your point of view any clearer, or respect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

snide remarks????

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll grant that my former job has made me somewhat sensitive toward certain responses.
My previous comment (that you replied to) was an honest inquiry about your concerns, and your reply (bolded above) seemed flippant and sarcastic.
If this was unintentional, then I apologize.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I really like the idea of getting rid of locks/skill decay Lane.

It really makes no sense to have either. Skill decay is a huge annoyance. Without having 'free green' holidays, it will be very difficult to skill/make money/work jobs/socialize in the new city environment.

I'm really with you on the good riddance to locks/skill decay all together.

It really would be the best solution to the problem all together.

Old players coming back would just need to spend time reskilling their newly created sims, old players still in the game could recreate and just reskill.

The only thing necessary to show on profile would be entitlement days since that's what governs your anniversary gifts. Non-payment of your account DOES affect when you get your anniversary gifts regardless of receiving locks so that would not change but least that way everyone can see how long you really have been an entitled player. (Wonder how many players would squawk at having their 'entitlement' age exposed to the masses?)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There was an unforseen and unintended benefit to paying once every now and then - players took advantage of that - hence "exploit". The grace period of 90-120 days was intended only to give players a chance to change their minds about canceling their accounts. It was never intended to be used over and over for any other purpose.
Exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not an exploit. It was available to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't say that because it was available to everyone doesn't make it an exploit. There have been people in here that have kept 20, 30 and even more accounts open that way for various reasons, exploiting the purpose that it was setup for in the 1st place to keep all these accounts for a quarter the price. Also, if people were just using it to see what happened in here why would they need to do that with more than 1 account. OK, so some kept their accounts active and retained all thier property. To use it as an arguement where they would lose locks they gained because of it is totally wrong. Those locks that were gained were infact a bonus from something that was setup for another purpose. For those of you that paid every 90 to 120 days to gain locks on an account cheaper than you would if you paid every month, well that has to be taken as exploiting the system, no doubt about it. Having said all that let them keep their locks, it would not be hard to do that and it has already been stated that if this does go through they will likely have that happen. Its funny that the only real argument being prestented against this, is because of the locks gained this way. Are people really so greedy that they would stop something from going through that could only help bring previous players back to the game, just so they could keep something that was infact a bonus and gained from something that was not intended to be used in that manner in the 1st place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Biteme.
I basically agree.

Also, had the game been given its 90 day notice a few months back, those who kept many accounts open would have lost out too. I don't think the people that we are now calling "exploiters" had any idea that after 2 years of absolutely nothing, somebody would take an interest in this forgotten game and give it some potential. Many people are just sentimental about their actual sims, or the actual game...

I can't believe 300+ posts later people still are freaking out over this. Honestly who cares, its skill points for godsakes. Is it really that important that you stayed current all along?

I stayed current all along, and I could care less if anyone who did not gets an extra bonus since the game is being revitalized.

There are bigger things to worry about.... like...

*gasp*
Bots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

---

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally an answer from someone who is against this going through that has put some real thought in to what I have said, rather than just making stupid remarks like “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”.
You have stated some valid points here that should be considered by people thinking on returning to the game. You have given us a decent argument to present to them when the issue of starting from scratch comes up in conversation.
I do still believe that these changes should be made and that the actual work evolved in making those changes would only be minor.
But I have to say that you have presented a decent argument and made some valid points well worth mentioning.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

snide remarks????

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll grant that my former job has made me somewhat sensitive toward certain responses.
My previous comment (that you replied to) was an honest inquiry about your concerns, and your reply (bolded above) seemed flippant and sarcastic.
If this was unintentional, then I apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO I work in collections, so I guess that does warp my opinion on people that don't pay what they owe.

....and I really have heard every excuse in the book too.

Some people think that there are 'enough others' paying that their non-payments won't be noticed.

So while myself and others paid our full dues, there were others that were willing to ride along on our backs and investing as little into the game as possible but still reap the game rewards.

Why is it these 'part-time' payers want to be forgiven and have their lack of full subscription payments be overlooked, yet these same people think it is 'unthinkable' to allow old inactive players to return and be granted locks based on what has previously been paid?

It's kind of ironic to me.

K

Keep It Real

First things first Dutch
with that said,

I think it's funny you think people maintain accounts just to collect locks, you crack me up.

G

I wish you wouldn't lump everyone into one category. In the past I closed accounts because it got way too boring. Currently I closed our accounts because of boredom and refusing to pay for something I have no idea if I want to be part of it. If I decide to start paying again I could care less about locks, account age, total paid time, blah blah blah. I mean honestly, none of this stuff is going to make any difference once EALand is opened. But hey, if all those entitlement days really enhance your game play, then more power to ya.

I agree with those that say all this really doesn't need to be on the top of the development list of things to do. Let them spend their time adding fun to the game, not worrying about who deserves what.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I wish you wouldn't lump everyone into one category. In the past I closed accounts because it got way too boring. Currently I closed our accounts because of boredom and refusing to pay for something I have no idea if I want to be part of it. If I decide to start paying again I could care less about locks, account age, total paid time, blah blah blah. I mean honestly, none of this stuff is going to make any difference once EALand is opened. But hey, if all those entitlement days really enhance your game play, then more power to ya.

I agree with those that say all this really doesn't need to be on the top of the development list of things to do. Let them spend their time adding fun to the game, not worrying about who deserves what.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really have me confused. If you don't want your locks back based on what you previously paid on your subscription, that is up to you. But I would venture a guess that 'other' returning players may not share your view.

We really don't know what is intended when EAland opens because we've only had 'mysterious' hints.

But the current system in place of earning 'locks' based on sim age as opposed to paid subscription time definitely needs to be reconsidered if not scrapped all together.

(KIR...sorry to disappoint you but there are many players that are serious about their locks and as much as you are defending 'part-time' payers, it kinda sounds like you are too. LOL)

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You really have me confused. If you don't want your locks back based on what you previously paid on your subscription, that is up to you. But I would venture a guess that 'other' returning players may not share your view.

We really don't know what is intended when EAland opens because we've only had 'mysterious' hints.

But the current system in place of earning 'locks' based on sim age as opposed to paid subscription time definitely needs to be reconsidered if not scrapped all together.

(KIR...sorry to disappoint you but there are many players that are serious about their locks and as much as you are defending 'part-time' payers, it kinda sounds like you are too. LOL)

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not really care one way or another if they decide to make skill locks tied to paid account time. My issue is with the development time needed to change the current system. The Dev's have more important things to attend to if they are going to make this game a success. Locks are a minor issue.

Sounds like I am going to have to take out my crayons and draw a picture to make it clear about what I am saying. I see no reason to waste Dev time on this, thats all, nothing more, nothing less. Also, I have always been a full time player and will continue to be. Try again hon, you are starting to bore me with the same old song and dance here.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

Sounds like I am going to have to take out my crayons and draw a picture to make it clear about what I am saying. I see no reason to waste Dev time on this, thats all, nothing more, nothing less. Also, I have always been a full time player and will continue to be. Try again hon, you are starting to bore me with the same old song and dance here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a siggy about it.

I agree. No one keeps it real enough these days.

G

Hey Dutch, maybe we are looking at this all wrong.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Sounds like all this game needs is a bug board. Why are the devs wasting their time making changes to the game, except for a few bugs, nothing is broken.
Hey why have they bothered opening communications, a bug board will have done just fine.
We have all been just so happy with this game, we only need the bugs fixed and everyone that had left will come back.
I am sure that they won’t mind realizing that the 1000 plus accredited payed time they see on their sim bio stands for absolutely nothing, and that players that have only played for the last 420 days can lock off 2 skills while they can only lock off 1.
I am sure they won’t mind having to wait the 1000 plus days before they can get back to where they were before they left.
Hell they had no reason to give up on the game, everything was fine, nothing to complain about. Nothing being done for almost 2 years and no communications for at least 12 months isn’t a good enough reason to think the game wasn’t going anywhere.
Why should they expect anything for the time and money they already put in to the game. Hey they left, give them nothing, have them start again from scratch.

G

Ah, good, no new posts on this topic for over 24 hours! Game over, yay!

And the weiner is (Final tally) -

change skill locks - 33
do nothing, ain't broke - 66

G

<blockquote><hr>

change skill locks - 33

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah ah ah - no fair counting all of Simone's posts.

Not to mention a little 'creative interpretation' of a lot of the opinions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

change skill locks - 33

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea where you got your figures from. Seeing what you posted made go through the entire post and count up all the for and against.
There were 3 or 4 I left out as they were unclear as to which way they were going. And I definitely did not count repeatable posts as I think you must have.

TOTAL FOR 32
TOTAL AGAINST 15

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love requests!

Link

[/ QUOTE ]
It errored out.
<blockquote><hr>

Error in HTML Form 'what' Variable

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I voted for the 'Grandfather' thing.
<blockquote><hr>

Current locks should be 'grandfathered' and all future locks should be based on account age.

[/ QUOTE ]
...except that there should be an option for "...and all future locks should be based on paid time."
But, it's not a biggie, so.....

G

I got the error, too, but just using my back-button and clicking submit, again, worked for me.

I have no idea why most of the quirky things on Stratics happen, I mostly just ignore them &amp; wait for them go away on their own.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I love requests!

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Polls!

[/ QUOTE ]

Love you too !!!

Oh wait, you meant those votey things didn't ya?

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I love requests!

Link

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Polls!

[/ QUOTE ]

Love you too !!!

Oh wait, you meant those votey things didn't ya?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally
both!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your picture would be mistaken as an ink blot. Everyone would have an opinion as to what it is. And what your hidden intentions were behind it. Some people look at the whole picture. Some people have the need to be right. No matter what!

I voted:

Current locks should be 'grandfathered' and all future locks should be based on account age.

K

Keep It Real

If this does happen, it should be on the last page and on the bottom of the "to do" list.

G

Aaargh. I heard about this in-game and hustled over, had to register (gag) just to vote.

BTW, total tough cookies IMHO, you knew the rulez....get over it.

K

Keep It Real

Yeah I am against it, to bad to those who recreated or deleted an old sim to be in TC3. I am 100% against this ever happening as I feel it is a waste of DEV time.

G

I agree this is not a top priority. However if it does go through. I hope no one loses anything. I also hope that we will be able to iggy and ban acct holders in the future and not just one of their sims. That way recreators will not use the recreate feature to get off of ban and iggy lists. Soon we will have new graphics and be able to change our appearance. There will be no need to delete.
I did not want to throw my vote away, voting against this change. With this vote I hope no one loses anything.
The devs have been following this thread. LOL What would take longer; implementing this change or listening to us bicker? I have no clue what would be involved in doing this. There are a lot of bugs that definitely need to be fixed. Especially if the game will be pretty much based on rl money. The disapearing bug and the opening of EA-Land should be at the top of the list.

I do not see why it is so important to some, that anyone lose anything.

Is this the official poll now? Will the devs do their own? Hiya all you devs lurking out there.
You want to put your 2 cents in? LOL Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year Everyone!
Vote Here!
Current Locks should be grandfathered.

Edit: It looks like there is a yes and no vote and then several options. A lot of ppl would just vote for or against. Not even bother to read the rest. I do not like the way the poll is worded. I can't wait for the pub to open. I need to pick some devs brains. I hope this poll does not have a negative affect on the grandfather clause. Which is in fact a compromise.

G

ttl

I hope, IF they have decided to do this, they do it soon. I am so friggin bored in TC3, it would at least give me something to do again, ie fill up all those locks, skill skill skill, joy of joys

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

change skill locks - 33

[/ QUOTE ]

Lane....you left off counting how many times I 'almost' responded but walked away to cool off instead of responding.

I just hope the devs looks at the pros and cons in this thread and does what's best for the entire TSO community both present and playing and future players also.

Yep yep....I went and voted. Woo Hoo!!

K

Keep It Real

I think the poll should run for 3 months so the ones who play every third month will be more likely to see it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think the poll should run for 3 months so the ones who play every third month will be more likely to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol.

P

PeacefulMind

So what's the current decision? Whats the deal on skill locks, and Will i be getting my precious mystic tree back via redistributing of gifts?

G

You will get your tree back through the one time amnesty of the gifts. (if you are a current subscriber and meet the entitlement requirements at the time they are redistributed).

Most likely, on the skill locks. No one has a solid answer at this time. We are voting on it now. Have you voted? It is the front page poll. As with the amnesty on the gifts, probably current subscribers will benefit. With a one time grandfather clause. Allowing current players to keep the locks they have aquired during lapsed time. Some people are voting against this and would have those locks taken away from many players. All locks would then be based on entitlement days (paid account time) rather than account age. The snooze you lose clause. Of course this is all my opinion. If you haven't voted yet, you should.

N

NightFlyer

Now that the holidays are over maybe we can get some definitive answers to our concerns and questions.

G

I have to say this now. These boards are not official EA boards. As such, the devs are not required to answer or even pay attention to anything that goes on here. They do this as a courtesy to the players that post here. If you want a definite answer, maybe the blog or the wiki is a better place. This is not to bad mouth stratics, just a suggestion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to say this now. These boards are not official EA boards. As such, the devs are not required to answer or even pay attention to anything that goes on here. They do this as a courtesy to the players that post here. If you want a definite answer, maybe the blog or the wiki is a better place. This is not to bad mouth stratics, just a suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I see where Milton said that yesterday in another thread, thanks for the recap.

I

imported_TheCookieFamily

YES YES YES!
I would love to see this implemented

T

Teddie Bearra

I would totally agree with locks based on paid account days. I left game in November '06 and just recreated a Sim. I came back due to the fact that I was told about the new changes coming and I'm hoping this will bring back the excitement of this game for me. I am an original Beta tester back from October '02. I don't feel I'm entitled to locks based on the year that I was out of game, but I sure would love to get my locks back that I had earned up to the time I left game. I'd also love to get back all my gifts that I received up to my leave date.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I believe they were referring to the paid account time. I think if a person paid for an account for 2 years and quit, then came back they should be given the credit for all the time they did pay for, but just for those months and not the time they we're dormant.